Good interview, sent a thank you... Now what?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Video Guy in Brooklyn, New York

34 months ago

I had an interview last week that seemed to have gone really well. The creative director who interviewed me said that she liked many things about my experience as compared to some of the people they've recently had as freelancers for a corporate video production job. I actually worked as an in house producer for a large corporation for over 4 years and she made it clear that this was very appealing to them.

We discussed workflow, equipment, you name it. The interview lasted about an hour. I felt like I was in! She did ask if I would be willing to come on freelance at first. This was a full time staff position as described and I said that I would be willing to do so if it lead to the full time position. She assured me that was the case. At the end of the interview (wednesday) she told me that she would get back to me "next week" because she wanted me to come in and see the videos they had already produced and to see how I do editing some of what the typical material they shoot. I said that would be fine. Sent my thank you email reaffirming my interest, etc when I got home.

That was Wednesday, today is Monday. I didn't expect to hear from her today but...

What do I do next? Do I call tomorrow to set up this second meeting/viewing and editing session? Should I expect to come away from the next meeting with an offer, assuming all goes well?

Any insight is appreciated, thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Abhi in San Mateo, California

20 months ago

Wait for a day or two and send a follow-up email.

Again, make sure you express your interest in the role and are ready to move forward if given a chance.

All the best!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.