Trying to relaunch my career

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Patricia Romero in New York

34 months ago

Hi all!

I am a bilingual media professinal and I like to consider myself very versatile because, due to my life circumstances, I have worked in very different fields, always succesfully.
The most relevant role I ever held was as International Copy/Content Manager for Nickelodeon Creative Resources in New York. I am fully English-Spanish bilingual. I quit my job when I became a mom and subsequently divorced and moved back to my country of origin. This was at the very beginning of the worldwide economic crisis and I was able to secure a job downsizing my expectations and clearly renouncing to my career as I had to sustain myself and my daughter. Therefore, I have been managing the office of the Australian Defence Attache at the Australian Embassy in Madrid for the last 4 years.
Now, for legal reasons, I have to return to New York and I am trying to retrace my career and go back to the entertainment/advertising/media business. But I am a little bit lost, I feel kind of rusty and I clearly do not have a very high esteem, mainly because the horrible job market in Spain makes all workers feel really worthless. I also do not know where to start or what kidn I job I can aspire/apply to. I have done plenty of networking from Madrid, where I am curently located but I also have the feeling that, unless I take the leap and move, I am not going to get the offer I am waiting for.
I would really like to receive some sound advice on how to approach this whole situation. Where should I go? What should I do? How can I get some perspective and decide about my future? If you can provide some advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

All the best,

Patricia Romero

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Need a job in New York, New York

11 months ago

The job market here is just as bad

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

abeykp in Forest Hills, New York

5 months ago

You can do a Personality development and Online Career development course and Certification at Emerging Technologies Institute, New York, to improve your job placement strategy. You can check their programs at www.emergingtechonline.com or can call them for a free consultation.
ETI has partnerships with several agencies such as the NYC Employment and Training Coalition and the NYC Workforce Centers to increase job opportunities for program graduates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.