Recent College Grad

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Keyana in Norfolk, Virginia

72 months ago

I don't understand why it is so hard to find a career after spending four years in college obtaining a degree. I graduated with a Bachelors in Business and it seems like everyone want you to have 3+ years of experience. Where do I start? What's a good company to work for? I need help.....please.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

NeverStopTrying in Hayes, Virginia

68 months ago

Keyana in Norfolk, Virginia said: I don't understand why it is so hard to find a career after spending four years in college obtaining a degree. I graduated with a Bachelors in Business and it seems like everyone want you to have 3+ years of experience. Where do I start? What's a good company to work for? I need help.....please.

I have a Masters degree and am in the same boat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dan in Chesapeake, Virginia

64 months ago

I understand your problem and I faced the same thing when I was young. A couple of suggestions: First, find a company you want to work for and take any job that is available. Most good companies promote from within. so be willing to start in the mailroom or stocking shelves. Second, consider military service. I used this route to get experience in electronics and landed my career job with IBM right out of the Navy.

Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.