Grosvenor Building Services

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Mark C Murphy in Orlando, Florida

71 months ago

This company advertises virtually every week over many months to fill minimum wage janitorial positions at Universal Studios. I am using here my real name and email on profile. This is my first hand experience. BEWARE! I applied in March 2008. I called 3 wks. later. No return call. They called me in May offering a job. I come in the next Tuesday (orientation). They have lost my application. Another background check and come back next Tuesday. One hour orientation. Many questions are asked of "Frank" (?) a manager for Grovesnor at Universal. Gay Yeomans has been out on disability (as of today it appears she still is). Cassandra seems to be filling in for Gay. Foolishly, I expected to find out my work schedule (when will I start earning $), to fill out a W2 and I9 form, etc. None of this took place. Most answers I rec. were evasive. I was told by Cassandra and "Frank" they'd call me that Friday to START WORK.

If you have any visible tattoos, you cannot work days. As of last week, they HAVE NO NIGHT positions. work shifts ARE NOT 6pm to 4am. Work shifts day or night are 8 hrs. or less.

Today I called and spoke to Cassandra. Apparently they had no intention of any boda fide employment offer and were untruthful in many of their remarks. This would tend to explain why they advertise more than virtually any of their competitors. BEWARE that: If you submit an app. there is not great chance they will call you back within 3 weeks ( I have lived in Orlando 30 years--no arrest record). When you attend orientation, you aren't being hired for anything. You aren't on the payroll when you leave and you won't be paid for it.

SCAM ALERT: consider carefully before going to an employer who will not give honest, truthful answers in the hiring process. Do you REALLY want to work for them or waste you time with an application of they are not bona fide. If they would like to sue me, I would be glad to swear an affidavit that every word here is true to my best knowledge.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

X- EMPLOYEE in Lakeland, Florida

49 months ago

WHILE WHAT HE SAYS ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS IS FRUSTRATING, IF U CAN GET ON WITH THE COMPANY THEY ARE A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!!!!!!!!!597

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.