Job search in Pensacola?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 69)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Pensacola?

Reply - Report abuse

Patti Christopher in Matthews, North Carolina

83 months ago

My family is thinking about moving back to Pensacola...my husband and I both have worked financial services, but aware we may need/have to move into another career(s).

Can you give us an idea of where to go?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Patti Christopher in Matthews, North Carolina

83 months ago

Host said: What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Pensacola?

Should I be utilizing this query?>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Julie Gonzalez in Pensacola, Florida

82 months ago

I moved to Pensacola around one year ago. I have been actively looking for employment for four months. I have worked with several of the staffing agencies. They do their best, however, job availability in this area is very limited, especially for higher skill level positions. Also, the salary levels in this area are very low compared to other areas. My recommendations for job websites: employ florida.com; pensacolajobs.com; Pensacola News Journal job area (career builder).
Good luck. I really love Pensacola as a whole. But the trade off is very little available in the job arena.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Brian Goad in Boulder, Colorado

80 months ago

I'm looking at moving back to Pensacola, FL when I retire from the military in Dec. My tradecraft is Signals Analyst and I have alot of training experience too

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

JN92672 in San Clemente, California

76 months ago

Wow. Doesn't sound very promising. Maybe there are too many of us wanting to get back home to Pensacola. I want to semi-retire but keep working at accounting/bookkeeping ... to keep busy and earn a few dollars. Sounds like that's not very practical.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie Chavis in Gulf Breeze, Florida

75 months ago

Brian Goad in Boulder, Colorado said: I'm looking at moving back to Pensacola, FL when I retire from the military in Dec. My tradecraft is Signals Analyst and I have alot of training experience too

Hi Brian, What type of Signals Analyst? I have several friends that work at the Airport. I am a retired Navy Nurse. Let me know if I can help. I am a Realtor now. 850-384-4441

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Patti Christopher in Matthews, North Carolina said: My family is thinking about moving back to Pensacola...my husband and I both have worked financial services, but aware we may need/have to move into another career(s).

Can you give us an idea of where to go?

Thanks

As a realtor w/Keller Williams, I work with many different financial personnel. Let me know if I can Help. Stephanie Chavis 850-384-4441

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Brian Goad in Denver, Colorado

75 months ago

Good Afternoon,

I'm retiring from the Air Force. I have spent my 20 years in the Intelligence field and all of it is in either Signals Analysis or training to do Signals Analysis.

Brian

75 months ago

I'm not sure what that translates to as far as a civilian occupation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

patti_christopher@yahoo.com in Charlotte, North Carolina

75 months ago

Stephanie:

We will not be moving to Pensacola.

Thanks for your help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Danny Strong in Beattyville, Kentucky

75 months ago

Stephanie Chavis in Gulf Breeze, Florida said: As a realtor w/Keller Williams, I work with many different financial personnel. Let me know if I can Help. Stephanie Chavis 850-384-4441

Danny Strong
www.brokenforkdesign.com
Stephanie My wife and two kids would like to move to Pensecola. We now live in Lexington KY, have another place in Grand Junction, CO. I was a 30 year old real estate millionaire, Owned a property management comany and an interior design company. I have been self emplyeed in real estate for the past 5 years and involved in it for 10. Currently I am still flipping houses and short selling properties. My recent Bankrupcy has led me to bring on more partners, and I Think I would just like to stop being self employed for a change and start on a new career. Any help would be appreciated, since I am sure you have many connections and a good pulse on pensecola.
Thank You
Danny Strong

75 months ago

Hi, what sort of work are you interested in?

75 months ago

I'm sorry to hear that. It's a great place to live! Good luck to you.

Danny Strong in Beattyville, Kentucky

75 months ago

Construction Management, Interior Design, and Historic preservation are intersts of mine. But sales, attracting investors and financing arrangement are my skills that usually pay me the most. I have a marketing degree and my wife has a masters in veterinary science (research)
I can always buy houses to flip. I have it down to an art and developed a style and niche that sells. The houses sell usually less than one month on the market, The key is to buy right, renovate with artistic style and sell for an affordable first time homebuyers market. www.brokenforkdesign.com
Thank You
Danny Strong

Kenneth Smith in Raleigh, North Carolina

75 months ago

How is the construction,welding,manufacturing and equipment/machine operator jobs market in florida

caboconnie@gmail.com in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

73 months ago

Host said: What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Pensacola?

I'm wanting to know the same information. Have you received a reply? My husband and I want to relocate to the Pensacola area. We're looking for jobs in sales,marketing,vacation ownership or real estate developer sales.

Kenneth Smith in Raleigh, North Carolina

73 months ago

No i haven't received any response;If you guys find out please let me know

Danny Strong in Richmond, Kentucky

73 months ago

No one has responded, I would still like to move down to the area but have not found any connections yet.
Thanks
Danny Strong
www.brokenforkdesign.com
www.nicholassolon.com

Katie McFarland in Tampa, Florida

72 months ago

I was just admitted to the Florida Bar after law school and undergrad at UF. I will be moving to Pensacola in January with my fiance, a Navy JAG Lt. Does anyone have any advice for seeking a legal career in the Pensacola or surrounding area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Hi Katie! I'm a retired Navy LT. and currently a Realtor with Keller Williams in Gulf Breeze. I know several Lawyers and would be willing to help you out with that and a new home as well! I just sold a new home to a new Anesthesiologist at the Naval Hospital (I retired from there in 2006) in Lost Key which is a golfing community for an UNBELIEVABLE price! Anyway, check my website out at StephanieChavisSellsPanhandleHomes.com, it has my cell number so you can give me a call. Hope to hear from you soon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Brian Goad in Denver, Colorado said: Good Afternoon,

I'm retiring from the Air Force. I have spent my 20 years in the Intelligence field and all of it is in either Signals Analysis or training to do Signals Analysis.

Brian

Hi Brian, have you found a new home yet in Pensacola? If you need asst. check out StephanieChavisSellsPanhandleHomes.com

72 months ago

Kenneth Smith in Raleigh, North Carolina said: No i haven't received any response;If you guys find out please let me know

Hi Kenneth, the construction market here has picked up a little but it's still really bad!

72 months ago

Danny Strong in Richmond, Kentucky said: No one has responded, I would still like to move down to the area but have not found any connections yet.
Thanks
Danny Strong
www.brokenforkdesign.com
www.nicholassolon.com

Hi Danny, I've been really busy lately and haven't been able to check the site out. I'm a Realtor with Keller Williams Gulf Breeze. I have been selling a lot of foreclosed properties here. I don't know exactly what your looking for but if you have any questions check out my web site which has my cell # on it: StephanieChavisSellsPanhandleHomes.com

cheryl in Pensacola, Florida

71 months ago

Kenneth Smith in Raleigh, North Carolina said: How is the construction,welding,manufacturing and equipment/machine operator jobs market in florida

Just wanting to know if you ever heard any good information on this, my husband is recently laid off and Ive been on-line for months looking got equipment operators and havent had much luck and very little promise of anything coming to Pensacola to help this area business wise

71 months ago

Right now, the construction business is very slow. With the housing market low, its very hard to find work. With Pensacola being a small town, unlike somewhere like Atlanta, its hard to find work with the economy the way it is. sorry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Julie Gonzalez in Pensacola, Florida said: I moved to Pensacola around one year ago. I have been actively looking for employment for four months. I have worked with several of the staffing agencies. They do their best, however, job availability in this area is very limited, especially for higher skill level positions. Also, the salary levels in this area are very low compared to other areas. My recommendations for job websites: employ florida.com; pensacolajobs.com; Pensacola News Journal job area (career builder).
Good luck. I really love Pensacola as a whole. But the trade off is very little available in the job arena.

What is your trade?

Stephanie Chavis

71 months ago

I would like to say that although I am a Realtor and love living in Gulf Breeze, the pay in this area is one of the worst I've seen in a long time. I am retired military so I have been a few places! My boyfriend is an equipment operator and can't find a job here. He's doing construction debri removal for Adam homes.

Stephanie Chavis

71 months ago

Brian Goad in Denver, Colorado said: Good Afternoon,

Brian

Hi Brian, Have you looked at the Pensacola or Fort Walton airports?

michael in Pensacola, Florida

71 months ago

Danny Strong in Beattyville, Kentucky said: Danny Strong
www.brokenforkdesign.com
Stephanie My wife and two kids would like to move to Pensecola. We now live in Lexington KY, have another place in Grand Junction, CO. I was a 30 year old real estate millionaire, Owned a property management comany and an interior design company. I have been self emplyeed in real estate for the past 5 years and involved in it for 10. Currently I am still flipping houses and short selling properties. My recent Bankrupcy has led me to bring on more partners, and I Think I would just like to stop being self employed for a change and start on a new career. Any help would be appreciated, since I am sure you have many connections and a good pulse on pensecola.
Thank You
Danny Strong

Colorado is way better place pensacola sucks balls, durango,CO nice area to live

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie Chavis

71 months ago

Yea, Pensacola sucks right now but I have recently sold 2 houses.

Danny Strong in Seattle, Washington

71 months ago

I sold another artistic house in Lexington Ky www.nicholassolon.com and have 50 houses in PA I am buying for $1 each using local artists work in the renovations. I would still like to move down to Florida and flip creative homes, looking for investors.
Danny Strong
www.brokenforkdesign.com

cherry in Pensacola, Florida

71 months ago

are there any jobs in pensacola for 14 year olds

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

David

68 months ago

Rule # 1 Don't get Financial or Economic Advice from an Real Estate Agent. They just want you to buy a house and move here, if you are a redneck you will love it.

I moved here to flip houses, you can't sell them. Then I rented them about 75% or less of what you should get, and the funny thing was forget running credit checks or doubling up on deposits, you have to take the risk or your house or houses remain vacant. They can't pay 1 months deposit, when I asked them about a credit check 90% of all applicants said the same thing, "you can check my credit, but I want pass."

As for jobs, there were 10 in the Sunday paper, about a 1/4 of a page. Of course that isn't the best source, the online sources aren't much better.

The County has like 275,000 inhabitants of those 130,000 are functionally illiterate. There are a bunch of have's and have's not, with the jobs going to retired military with pensions that don't care that they make, $8.00 an hour, the city of Pensacola is 52,000 and shrinking. Politically it sucks, I can go on and on

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

David said: Rule # 1 Don't get Financial or Economic Advice from an Real Estate Agent. They just want you to buy a house and move here, if you are a redneck you will love it.

I moved here to flip houses, you can't sell them. Then I rented them about 75% or less of what you should get, and the funny thing was forget running credit checks or doubling up on deposits, you have to take the risk or your house or houses remain vacant. They can't pay 1 months deposit, when I asked them about a credit check 90% of all applicants said the same thing, "you can check my credit, but I want pass."

As for jobs, there were 10 in the Sunday paper, about a 1/4 of a page. Of course that isn't the best source, the online sources aren't much better.

The County has like 275,000 inhabitants of those 130,000 are functionally illiterate. There are a bunch of have's and have's not, with the jobs going to retired military with pensions that don't care that they make, $8.00 an hour, the city of Pensacola is 52,000 and shrinking. Politically it sucks, I can go on and on

I am sorry you have dealt with a Realtor that made you feel that way! I am a retired Navy Nurse and I have a Masters in Management so I have to say that several of your comments are WRONG! Yes, this is a "right to work" state and until that changes, pay never will! Yes, we do have mass droves of people from Alabama. Not all retired military will lower themselves to working for $8. an hour-just those that never had a real education to begin with. I am from Seattle, WA. and most of the retired here are from areas that made literacy a priority! Yes, the politics here do suck! As for flipping houses-you have to know where to buy in the first place-you get what you pay for, and renters that can afford that amount. Some great places to buy property are near the Naval Hospital and Air Station as well as Hurlburt. I only rented to military in the past because they have a CO that you can contact.

David

68 months ago

I am sorry Stephanie, for putting you in a general category of Real Estate Agents that sell you on false promise. My agent I love, it was more my fault for not doing better research, I had just sold and rebuilt my Katrina Damaged home when I moved here and was jaded by that.
I liked East Hill, reminded me somewhat of New Orleans Uptown area where I had lived, but with only a couple of restaurants and bars. Bay view Park is nice, but found out Bayou Texar is very polluted as well as Bayou Chico and Pensacola Bay, they look beautiful, but the Politicians are good ole boy's dump at will, no problem you are my Buddy.

The roofer that roofed Target had 300 gallons of some toxic product left over, he was caught dumping it in Carpenters Creek, that flows into Bayou Texar, he got some fine of $5 to 7000, probably less than the chemical cost.

We had 5 commissioners to vote on recycling 2 for, 2 against and 1 stayed home, but every garbage truck has "Pensacola Recycles" painted on it.

The county and City government need to consolidate. Tiger Bay club hosted City officials from Jacksonville, they had consolidated, they were just like Pensacola, now they are booming and have a pro football team.

I used to live in San Jose, CA yea it's the left cost, but I think you would have to look hard to find anything close to literacy rates like ours, we really need more people like you here Stephanie.

68 months ago

Hi David, I get really angry about the water situation as well! I am a nurse as well as a Realtor and I am very holistic. I don't drink our water without a strong filter and recommend that you don't either. The report on our water in Gulf Breeze was also full of lead etc. so now Dr's tell new mom's that are from this area to make formula using bottled water only!

roosveltjohson33@yahoo.com in Pensacola, Florida

66 months ago

i need help finding a job

wayne_k_bell@hotmail.com in Davenport, Florida

66 months ago

Any interesting jobs available in the health care field.
eg. cardiac cath,interventional rad. etc.

66 months ago

Baptist has a great cardiac cath lab!

65 months ago

nocoment

lotor in Pensacola, Florida

64 months ago

David said: Rule # 1 Don't get Financial or Economic Advice from an Real Estate Agent. They just want you to buy a house and move here, if you are a redneck you will love it.

let me help you go on...Pensacola reminds me of the Venus fly trap it's attractive until you get stuck here and it will eat you up. Although the place has great potential and is rather attractive with the beautifull beaches and the small hills, It is the Mecca of Redneck arrogance & good old boy politics, nepotism runs rampant in local government.Seems like everyone in government operates under the radar. Good attorneys become bad attorneys here and bend to pressure..they succumb to the corrupt political machine. The old money doesn't want new money and creative ideas.. They like to keep the labor pool at close to minimum wage. It's a shame, bad people ruining the future for it's residents in the name of Greed and Power. To put it bluntly..It's pretty, but it SUCKS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

i have a family of 6 and im the market to get in a first time buyers program to get a house for my family my number is

Ashley in Fort Walton Beach, Florida

64 months ago

I was born and raised in Pensacola. I moved to upstate NY for a year, but ended up back here. I've seen this place go to hell after Ivan, to be blunt. Personally, I can tell you that the real estate market is virtually non-existent for flips. You can buy them, but to flip and sell is not going to be easy. We bought our home in May 2007 for $123,000; which was comp to others in the area, and it is now worth approx $90,000, so we are so upside down it's not funny. The values have plummeted since Ivan.
As for jobs, good luck. My husband is/was in construction, my father in HVAC...there is virtually NO work out there for any of those kinds of jobs. I've been looking online for jobs available for about 4 months now and I can tell you there are a ton of healthcare jobs (baptist healthcare, sacred heart hospital), but not many in the trades. If you have military preference then you probably have a pretty good shot at getting onto one of the bases, if there are availibilities.

pescarr

64 months ago

I am calling Pensacola my very on purgatory, I also bought a little after you in September 2007, afraid to ask what mine is worth, I am stuck here. I know most people are going to say this sounds like socialism, but I find it Super unfair that most of the good jobs here with a pension are had by someone already with 1 pension, that is just not right!

64 months ago

pescarr said: I am calling Pensacola my very on purgatory, I also bought a little after you in September 2007, afraid to ask what mine is worth, I am stuck here. I know most people are going to say this sounds like socialism, but I find it Super unfair that most of the good jobs here with a pension are had by someone already with 1 pension, that is just not right!

I have to say that I agree with you! I was making more than $10.00/hr more on my off time from the military than I am here in S.C. and now I even have my Master's! I became a Realtor after I retired from the Navy which has no benefits and now that the market has slummped, I thank God that I have nursing to fall back on even though the pay stinks!

64 months ago

Ashley in Fort Walton Beach, Florida said: I was born and raised in Pensacola. I moved to upstate NY for a year, but ended up back here. I've seen this place go to hell after Ivan, to be blunt. Personally, I can tell you that the real estate market is virtually non-existent for flips. You can buy them, but to flip and sell is not going to be easy. We bought our home in May 2007 for $123,000; which was comp to others in the area, and it is now worth approx $90,000, so we are so upside down it's not funny. The values have plummeted since Ivan.
As for jobs, good luck. My husband is/was in construction, my father in HVAC...there is virtually NO work out there for any of those kinds of jobs. I've been looking online for jobs available for about 4 months now and I can tell you there are a ton of healthcare jobs (baptist healthcare, sacred heart hospital), but not many in the trades. If you have military preference then you probably have a pretty good shot at getting onto one of the bases, if there are availibilities.

Hi Ashley, My boyfriend is also in construction and just went back to work about 2 months ago but he was laid off for a long time. Construction is finally picking up again. As for Real Estate, I'm glad I kept my nursing skills up but even the Healthcare fields don't pay well!

64 months ago

roosveltjohson33@yahoo.com in Pensacola, Florida said: i have a family of 6 and im the market to get in a first time buyers program to get a house for my family my number is

Anytime you need to find a cheap place, give me a call! I also have access to VA repo's as well as foreclosed homes but you have to have good credit to get them. email me @ g.chavis@mchsi.com with your number and I'll see if I can help!

Leah in Gaithersburg, Maryland

63 months ago

My husband and I are looking to move to Florida. I have been in the government for 22 years and currently am a Program Analyst for the Center for Mental Health Services/HHS. My husband is an IT Specialist with 10 years experience. He also has management experience. We are looking to move in a year or so but don't know how to proceed with finding a job. Can anyone please assist. We would like to move to the Tallahassee, or Panama City area. Our father-in-law lives in Port. St. Joe, and anything in that areas as well would be nice. I don't particularly want to work for the government-We just want to find jobs there. Any help or offer is appreciated.

instigator in Mcdavid, Florida

60 months ago

wayne_k_bell@hotmail.com in Davenport, Florida said: Any interesting jobs available in the health care field.
eg. cardiac cath,interventional rad. etc.

yeah there are nurses leaving my cath lab by the droves.the rats are leaving the sinking ship please come to p'cola.i'll even let you buy my 5 acres with 2400 sq ft house in molino so i can also flee this sinking ship. business are closing up here 50 a day.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.