How can I get experience as Medical Assistant if can't get job?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Shawn19 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

38 months ago

I have my certification and I've been trying get job since 2008 and only had 1 interview

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pmichaud in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania

28 months ago

Shawn19 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I have my certification and I've been trying get job since 2008 and only had 1 interview

Shawn, the problem is that you problably don't show experience in your resume. It is not your fault. This is the same as trying to build credit without having access to credit...
My advice is that you try to connect with organizations where you am volunteer some hours a week, in this way you can start building experience, get recommendations, and moving forward to a established job later on. Patience and hard work for now.
Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AlliedHealthJobd in Franklinville, New Jersey

27 months ago

Pmichaud in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania said: Shawn, the problem is that you problably don't show experience in your resume. It is not your fault. This is the same as trying to build credit without having access to credit...
My advice is that you try to connect with organizations where you am volunteer some hours a week, in this way you can start building experience, get recommendations, and moving forward to a established job later on. Patience and hard work for now.
Good luck

Also cover letter is key! Highlight other experience you have had I
The job world ie. Are you computer literate? Have you ever trained anyone? Are you applying
To jobs other than Medical Assistant like EKG Technician, Medical office assistant or hospital transporter? I have helped people with zero experience get a job. The previous responder is correct!
It's all about what you show them and what you are seeking.
Would love to give some free advice!
See what other entry level medical assistants ate saying at our website.
(we offer some ways to gain experience through our health fairs too!)
Www.cvdinccareers.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.