What are the best neigborhoods in Portland?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Where is the good life? For families? Singles?

Reply - Report abuse

Alison in Portland, Oregon

68 months ago

Bridlemile! It's close to everything, private and has great schools and no traffic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Cleveland, Ohio

67 months ago

I'm a single woman moving to Portland in July for a new start, new job. I am looking for a studio or 1BR apt that is safe, and preferably in an older building or artsy atmosphere. I'm also interested in living downtown. What advice can you give me?

Jennifer in Cleveland, Ohio

67 months ago

Alison in Portland, Oregon said: Bridlemile! It's close to everything, private and has great schools and no traffic.

I'm looking to rent cheaply. Are decent (clean, safe, with windows and trees outside) readily available?

lafs in North Bonneville, Washington

67 months ago

Jennifer in Cleveland, Ohio said: I'm a single woman moving to Portland in July for a new start, new job. I am looking for a studio or 1BR apt that is safe, and preferably in an older building or artsy atmosphere. I'm also interested in living downtown. What advice can you give me?

Jennifer, check out "the Pearl". It is a district in northwest Portland. Has lots of lofts, sidewalk cafes, very artsy, trendy kind of location.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

britauno, in Portland, Oregon

49 months ago

Jennifer in Cleveland, Ohio said: I'm a single woman moving to Portland in July for a new start, new job. I am looking for a studio or 1BR apt that is safe, and preferably in an older building or artsy atmosphere. I'm also interested in living downtown. What advice can you give me?

I've lived in Portland most of my life (many years). Downtown Portland is no longer a safe environment for a single woman (it used to be). There are however close in communities that are older, some considered historic that are minutes from town. Multnomah Village is a good one on the west side, lots of quaint shops with the Multnomah Arts Center in the middle. On the east side of the river is Sellwood with a lot of buildings on the historic registry. It also has a lot of quaint shops on "antique row" ( se 13th ave.). If you really interested in the downtown area, The Pearl Dist. is one I would consider that is in N.W. Portland or on the North side of Burnside and down a few miles. It is kind of expensive however. Since it is already Sept. at this writing, I presume you are here in Portland. Hope you've found something that you like.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

karen in Waterloo, Illinois

40 months ago

My boyfriend and I are possibly moving to Portland at the end of the summer and we are looking for a fun area to live but not downtown.Close to bars...food...shops. Any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.