Newcomer's guide to Portland?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What do newcomers need to know to settle in and enjoy Portland? Car registration, pet laws, city services, more...

Reply - Report abuse

Jeff

89 months ago

If you're new to the area and are looking for local restaurants or businesses there is a new local search site called LocoGopher.com that I recommend. Very useful when one isn't familiar with an area. Hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tony@folkloremedia.com in Portland, Oregon

85 months ago

If you're relocating to Portland with children, stop by your local public library and look for a DVD called "Portland at Play" in advance of your move.

I am one of the producers, but want to pass along that it can be enjoyed in many cities for no charge since a large number of public libraries across the U.S. and Canada have acquired it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Karolines Nannies in Portland, Oregon

77 months ago

<Edited by Host: Job opportunity removed>

Thank you all for using the indeed forums. In accordance with our policies, any advertising, contact info or employment offers posted on these forums will be removed. If you would like to contact each other please set up a profile and put your contact info there www.indeed.com/my/profile

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl Dixon in Gresham, Oregon

74 months ago

Want the best Newcomers site in the area? Go to www.welcomeconnections.com and see what we have to offer. Register to vote...DMV...pet licensing...Family Fun...Date Night info...utilities....nonemergency phone numbers and a lot more. Plus, if you register as a newcomer/relocating individual or family, we will send you free coupons, gifts, and special offers from Local Businesses! Meet with the best and enjoy our site! Want more? Tell us what you think.
Cheryl

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Trina in Bellevue, Washington

5 months ago

Please do not move to portland. It is getting too crowded.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.