Where are all of the jobs at??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Lisa in Knightdale, North Carolina

69 months ago

I was laid off from my job in February 2008. I worked in the manufacturing area of GlaxoSmithKline for 9 years. I have been very unsuccessful in finding a job. I am also pursuing a bachelors degree in Accounting, as I want to better my life. I have submitted my resume to Eisai, Biogen, Novo Nordisk. It is not that I do not have plenty of experience.I desperately need a job, whether it is in pharmaceutical manufacturing, or even a chance at some type of entry level Accounting job. Any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

magy in Winter Springs, Florida

69 months ago

how old you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

magy in Winter Springs, Florida said: do you have phone #

Do you think you can possibly help or refer me in my job search? I have e-mail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Arun in Dayton, Ohio

69 months ago

Magy do know of opportunities in ohio

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

magy in Winter Springs, Florida

69 months ago

me i lookin for job in north clorina new

Indeed Help in Stamford, Connecticut

69 months ago

Hello Lisa, You will have the most success finding the job you want by using our search engine. Just type in job title, company, or keyword into the search field at the top of this page and click "Find Jobs". Best of luck with your search!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

THANKS. I will do that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Don in Charlotte, North Carolina

62 months ago

"me i lookin for job in north clorina new"

Please check your grammar and spelling before you post. Magy, I want you to get a job in NC or wherever you want. You need to present yourself in the best light even on a general posting board like this.
I hope you can accept this as constructive criticism. You don't want your skills hidden by poor English communication. Thank you.

Real Tech in Willis, Texas

62 months ago

I still do not think that most Americans have any idea of what is going on in this country now. There really are very few jobs to speak of and of the ones available most have very low pay. If you loss your job now then it will probably be a few years if ever before you will have the same life that you did. I don't think that there is any way to hide from it unless you qualify for some of the new government jobs that are being created. All that you can do is try your best and realize that for now you must do what you have to even if it's not what you want. The good thing is that you only need one job. So there is still a good chance to find something.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Don in Charlotte, North Carolina

62 months ago

I strongly feel that you are correct in your viewpoint. This country is undergoing a great change in its labor market. It is a very employer-driven market. People will have to reinvent themselves and find hidden skills. It may be a good time to try a new field or get some training you have been considering. We definitely need to think outside the box. The new conservatism is evidenced by less consumer purchases. It doesn't matter where you live in this country, things have changed. You're right about needing only one job.

Vanitha in Smyrna, Georgia

62 months ago

Don in Charlotte, North Carolina said: "me i lookin for job in north clorina new"

Please check your grammar and spelling before you post. Magy, I want you to get a job in NC or wherever you want. You need to present yourself in the best light even on a general posting board like this.
I hope you can accept this as constructive criticism. You don't want your skills hidden by poor English communication. Thank you.

You said correctly about the importance of the language and the grammar in the posting boards. I am also looking for jobs in Business/Quality Assurance Analysis. And I would appreciate if you can let me know any sort of opportunity that you come across.

candice in Durham, North Carolina

62 months ago

Lisa in Knightdale, North Carolina said: I was laid off from my job in February 2008. I worked in the manufacturing area of GlaxoSmithKline for 9 years. I have been very unsuccessful in finding a job. I am also pursuing a bachelors degree in Accounting, as I want to better my life. I have submitted my resume to Eisai, Biogen, Novo Nordisk. It is not that I do not have plenty of experience.I desperately need a job, whether it is in pharmaceutical manufacturing, or even a chance at some type of entry level Accounting job. Any suggestions?

Eisai is currently hiring lead tech and manufacturing tech I . Check out the website. i hope this helps.

62 months ago

Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Lisa

Vanitha in Smyrna, Georgia

62 months ago

Yes. This dows help. Thanks a lot.

purofuerte in Yorktown, Virginia

59 months ago

If you are in a UG Accounting program, excellent. You probably qualify for of student aid. The school probably has a careers dept to help get intern and follow- on positions.

Get a quick books class in and look for a payroll or other book keeper type job to tide you over. Accountants are in demand, but the real money comes with later with the CPA. Again, the school should be able to advise you on a career path. Get help from them!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.