Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

When, where and how to travel.

Reply - Report abuse

John in Cary, North Carolina

73 months ago

Car Car Car, come join the thousands of us that choke the freeways every night.
Avoid I 40 Eastbound from RTP and I 40 westbound from RTP. They are parking lots between 5 and 6 pm and more. And no, we already know all the back roads and they are full too.
Maybe if you can live near work you can walk or bike (if you dare risk riding bike on the roads), if very lucky you can get one of the couple buses each way daily, maybe th epark&ride and sleep through the same jams (no HOV / bus lanes here)
Try night shift, that way you can be going the opposite way to the masses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nicky in Raleigh, North Carolina

72 months ago

Host said: When, where and how to travel.

TRy a TTA Vanpool. Don't have to drive and inexpensive when you consider fuel costs.

Ditka in charlotte, North Carolina

61 months ago

Does anyone know how hard it is to get around via public transportation in Raleigh or Cary. I would like to move my 64 year old mom with me so she can stay near her grand kids if I take a new position I have in mind there. She doesn't drive and currently takes public transportation to and from her job at a local grocery store. She likes to stay active and independent and I want to try to let her keep her lifestyle rather than her be dependendent on us driving her everywhere. Ideally I would want her to work a local supermarket where she can either walk or take a bus, etc...

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.