Just moved to San Antonio w/ a misdemeanor in CA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Human Services Major in San Antonio, Texas

62 months ago

Hello, I just moved to San Antonio from CA. I have a BS degree in Human Services and up until my move I had been employed as a medi-caid worker for the county social services for 3 years. I am EXCELLENT worker and am great at the type of work that I do. I have raving letters of recommendations and references and am highly experienced in social services in various settings and case management. I am scared because back in 2007 I had a misdemeanor conviction for disturbing the peace; fighting for being involved in a domestic dispute with my boyfriend, then in 2008 I was convicted of contempt of a domestic violence order after having another argument with my boyfriend. Since then my boyfriend and I have worked on our issues and have since gotten married and live a much more harmonious and peaceful life. My next step is to get my record expunged when my probation ends in May 2010. Right now we are only living on one income and it is clear that we will be having financial trouble if I cannot find a job soon. I am a good person who made a couple of mistakes which I deeply regret.

Does anyone know of any social service agencies in the area that may be open to hiring someone like me? and does anyone know if the background checks done by the state of Texas (medicaid, texas works, snap) will pull up convictions from california?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

NikkiJ in Converse, Texas

61 months ago

Hi there, and welcome to San Antonio! My name is Nicole, and I am a part of an organization I believe might interest you. Recently, I had been laid off from the Accounting/Admin job I had worked at for over 3 years. After weeks of no luck in finding a suitable replacement job, the bills were piling up, and I knew I had to find a solution.

Luckily, we were blessed with a home business that has provided us a second stream of income. It is in its infant stage, but my dream is hopefully one day to have it replace mine and my husband’s incomes. It’s in the nutritional research and development industry, so not only has it been a blessing financially, but it has also done wonders for my husband’s health and the health of my entire family. There is also a support group for us in San Antonio, which has provided training, encouragement, and community. If you are interested, I’d love to share it with you. My email is NJimenez@amagi.us. Anyways, I hope you like it here in Texas. Happy Holidays!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

av102847 in Fairfax, Virginia

60 months ago

Iwould like to know about this home base buss of yours.I'm in the same situasion like the other person in San Antonio texas.I'move from Ohio to Virginia and I have been out of work for the last 6 months.I'm a professional chef with very long years of experience and formal training but with out of lack and I in my late 50's and is getting worse here not matter who you are or skills or experience.So please send me this info about this home base buss please.to save my family and form going homeless very soon.
sincerelly
Alberto Vega

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

av102847 in Fairfax, Virginia

60 months ago

Please let me know if you receive my email address and my massage also my name as you see I'm a latino in agony and desperation
Alberto Vega

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jimbo in San Antonio, Texas

31 months ago

av102847 in Fairfax, Virginia said: Iwould like to know about this home base buss of yours.I'm in the same situasion like the other person in San Antonio texas.I'move from Ohio to Virginia and I have been out of work for the last 6 months.I'm a professional chef with very long years of experience and formal training but with out of lack and I in my late 50's and is getting worse here not matter who you are or skills or experience.So please send me this info about this home base buss please.to save my family and form going homeless very soon.
sincerelly
Alberto Vega

What a dip stick!!

jimbo in San Antonio, Texas

31 months ago

what a dip stick!!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.