What happened to Pacific College of Med Assistants in San Diego, CA?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (43)

Edwige Ortega in Chicago, Illinois

70 months ago

Theresa Theobald in Eugene, Oregon said: I am a 1978 graduate of Pacific College of Medical and Dental Assistants in San Diego, CA. My last name while attending the college was Labate. I need to take the certification class next year. But I cannot find any listing of this school, where my transcripts are, course descriptions and proof that this was an Accredited College. I have to be able to prove that it was accredited for the test. I live in Eugene, OR now. Lane Community College gives the test once a year, in June. Is anyone here a grad from this College? Please help!!
Thanks,
Terri Theobald
chuckt@efn.org

Hi Terri,
I'm also looking online for the website of a college I attended in 1985-6. The name was Pacific Coast College in the San Diego area. I graduated as an Executive Secretarial. What I'm not sure is if we attended the same college, if Pacific College is the same as Pacific Coast College.

Edwige Ortega
(my last name when attended was Teran)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Terri (Theresa) in Eugene, Oregon

70 months ago

You know, I don't think so. The name and the programs available were very specific. Pacific College of Medical and Dental Assistants. It was just east of Balboa Park near 40th St. No secretaries. Sorry & good luck. Don't give up!! Keep asking and calling. Maybe some other gals on here have info for her??

Cheers,
Terri

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Terri (Theresa) in Eugene, Oregon

70 months ago

I found a couple promising leads for you...

www.ed-reference.us/10000/california/colleges

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:fQeca_9bkcwJ:www.acha.org/about_acha/affiliates/PCCHA/BusMtg_Minutes_060205.rtf+Pacific+Coast+College+in+the+San+Diego+CA+Executive+Secretarial&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us&client=firefox-a

giggley41@yahoo.com in Virginia Beach, Virginia

69 months ago

I was also a student at Pacific Coast College, my study was Office Skills and Management, I have been looking for this school since 1983 could anyone give me any info if you have it, I need proof of my study and accredisation.

Jebbit in Mcminnville, Oregon

67 months ago

giggley41@yahoo.com in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: I was also a student at Pacific Coast College, my study was Office Skills and Management, I have been looking for this school since 1983 could anyone give me any info if you have it, I need proof of my study and accredisation.

I can answer these questions. The school was dis-credited and closed. Any current credits are no longer able to be used for any advancement from this establishment.

Ann in Coronado, California

66 months ago

I am trying to find records from this college also. I attended the court reporting course there, which offered an AA degree. As I have changed career fields, I wanted to get a copy of the AA degree I earned while at Pacific Coast Career College. It was located in off of Clairemont Mesa Boulevard. If anyone knows where to get records from this school, please post it. Thanks.

Edwige in Quito, Ecuador

66 months ago

Jebbit in Mcminnville, Oregon said: I can answer these questions. The school was dis-credited and closed. Any current credits are no longer able to be used for any advancement from this establishment.

Hello,
How do you know that Pacific Coast College had closed? Do you know when and why?

Best regards
Edwige

Edwige in Quito, Ecuador

65 months ago

Dear Jebbit,
Thanks for taking the time to reply and for your concern.
Best to you.
Edwige

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Suzanne P. Hirakawa in Waianae, Hawaii

64 months ago

jebbit in Richmond, Virginia said: I found out when I tried to transfer credits, My new school told me that my credits were no good, that there was a filing of the state against the school for under performing and it lost its accreditation license. I was also able to write off one of my loans do to this.

Aloha Jebbit Would you be able to tell me how to do this. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Terri in Eugene, Oregon

64 months ago

The college that I referred to in the very beginning is Pacific College of Medical and Dental Assistants. Not Pacific Coast College.

Terri

Jane C. in Central District, Hong Kong

63 months ago

Jebbit in Mcminnville, Oregon said: I can answer these questions. The school was dis-credited and closed. Any current credits are no longer able to be used for any advancement from this establishment.

Dear Jebbit,

Is any report showed the school was terminated/closed?

Jane

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stephen

58 months ago

Terri in Eugene, Oregon said: The college that I referred to in the very beginning is Pacific College of Medical and Dental Assistants. Not Pacific Coast College.

Terri

I used to work at Pacific College of Medical and Dental Assistants, in the office. It was located on the corner of Meade and 30th. I was only there a year, but it did close the facility I worked for some time ago. It was accredited, so there should be some records of that fact in State or Local government files. You might try there. I believe there would be a requirement to maintain these records. I remember one girl not being allowed to graduate because on the last day of schooling, she was ill with the flu. She was short on her instruction time by one day. They were strict, but honest.

Terri in Eugene, Oregon

58 months ago

I got my records a couple years ago... But thanks so much anyways :-)

Have a great weekend! We're having a bit of a summer day here in Eugene. It's almost 70 degrees. The trees are all turning lovely colors. I love the Fall.. my favorite time of year.

Cheers,
Terri
terragreentree@yahoo

Beverly in Placerville, California

57 months ago

Terri in Eugene, Oregon said: I got my records a couple years ago... But thanks so much anyways :-)

Have a great weekend! We're having a bit of a summer day here in Eugene. It's almost 70 degrees. The trees are all turning lovely colors. I love the Fall.. my favorite time of year.

Cheers,
Terri
terragreentree@yahoo

Hi Terri- I think I was in your DA class in 78! I think you are in the picture i have with mrs. hawkins? the day we graduated... i need my records as well. did you in fact aquire them and how? I have been trying to for about 9 months now. please let me know if i am mistaken.
Beverly Feusi

Robin Enos Waters in San Jacinto, California

55 months ago

I went to Pacific College for the RDA course back in early 80's. Loved it, got my RDA and CA Xray Lic, worked for a Dr Hymes in SD almost 2 yrs, then left CA and moved to MA. For past 20 yrs I've been a dental in MA. Now I'm back in CA and trying to get into a Dental Hygenist course but I need proof I went to Pacific College and was awarded my RDA here in CA. I know that Pacific College of Medical & Dental Assistants is now "Concord Career College" and I can't even begin to tell you all the hoops I have jumped through trying to obtain proof of my going there and getting my CA RDA. I have hit a BRICK wall. If I need to I will go into the place where the archived boxes are and go through them myself. I'm at my wits end, can you help me please.

55 months ago

Has anyone else had problems getting their transcripts of proof of graduating from Pacific College of Medical and Dental Assistants. I attended back in the early 80's and they claim they have no record of me. I'm still pursuing the matter and just want to know if anyone else is having the same problem.

55 months ago

Theresa Theobald in Eugene, Oregon said: I am a 1978 graduate of Pacific College of Medical and Dental Assistants in San Diego, CA. My last name while attending the college was Labate. I need to take the certification class next year. But I cannot find any listing of this school, where my transcripts are, course descriptions and proof that this was an Accredited College. I have to be able to prove that it was accredited for the test. I live in Eugene, OR now. Lane Community College gives the test once a year, in June. Is anyone here a grad from this College? Please help!!
Thanks,
Terri Theobald
chuckt@efn.org

I also graduated from Pacific College of Medical and Dental Assistants in San Diego, Ca. It is now called Concord Career Institute and good luck getting your records. I graduated in early 80's and I'm not getting anywhere trying to get my records. Hope this helps U.

55 months ago

Edwige Ortega in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi Terri,
I'm also looking online for the website of a college I attended in 1985-6. The name was Pacific Coast College in the San Diego area. I graduated as an Executive Secretarial. What I'm not sure is if we attended the same college, if Pacific College is the same as Pacific Coast College.

Edwige Ortega

NO. Pacific College of Medical & Deental Assistants (now "Concord Career Institute") is NOT Pacific Coast College. They are two seperate institutes.

ladywolf652000@yagoo.com in Woodway, Texas

55 months ago

jebbit in Richmond, Virginia said: I found out when I tried to transfer credits, My new school told me that my credits were no good, that there was a filing of the state against the school for under performing and it lost its accreditation license. I was also able to write off one of my loans do to this.

i also went to this college how did you get them to take your loanes off the federal goverment is howding me help rita ladywolf652000@yahoo.com

saundrasaved@yahoo.com in Escondido, California

54 months ago

I too attended Pacific Coast College in the 1980's. It was on 43rd st. I took the certified nursing assistAnt course. I am tring to persue my transcripta and I don't know here to start. I looked on the Dept. Of Comsumer Affairs website and discovered that any records before 2007 has been destroyed. I am going to continue because this can't be the end. I am also being hounded to pay the loan beck. can anyone give me suggestions on this issue?

Edwige in Quito, Ecuador

54 months ago

Hello Saundra,

I was not aware that Pacific Coast College was giving classes at 43rd St. which seems to be the downtown area. I studied for an Executive Secretarial Diploma in the Clairemont area and have tried to contact them by phone but it seems that they no longer exist with that name.

Edwige M. Ortega

Lisa in Lexington, Texas

51 months ago

Terri in Eugene, Oregon said: The college that I referred to in the very beginning is Pacific College of Medical and Dental Assistants. Not Pacific Coast College.

Terri

Hello All you former Pacific College of Medical and Dental Careers students. I can not help you out with any of the above questions except the exact address that it use to be located at: 4411 30th Street, San Diego, CA 92116.
Take care and God Bless.
Lisa

amsjadiaz in Santee, California

48 months ago

It might be Concorde Career College. I remember them saying that was the name many years ago when I attended Concorde 2 years ago.

boss30theens in Beirut, Lebanon

47 months ago

Hello

am graduated from pacific coast college California LA (down town eight and hills)As dental teqnician in 1985.i wonder what happened to this college still operating or closed.any website for this college ?

sarmen deurdulian

Karen in Deer Park, Texas

47 months ago

Ann in Coronado, California said: I am trying to find records from this college also. I attended the court reporting course there, which offered an AA degree. As I have changed career fields, I wanted to get a copy of the AA degree I earned while at Pacific Coast Career College. It was located in off of Clairemont Mesa Boulevard. If anyone knows where to get records from this school, please post it. Thanks.

I, too, was a graduate of Pacific Coast College. I was in the Court Reporting program. I have tried to locate them so that I may get my transcripts. Has anyone had any luck in locating their records?

Ann in San Diego, California

47 months ago

I have contacted the state and was told that they only keep records for ten years. Since the school is defunct, there is no way to locate them. I wonder if anyone ever received the AA degree they offered.712

Cheryl in San Diego, California

43 months ago

Can you tell us how you got the information? What year did they close? Where can we find records? I'm still being hound for loans too.

Katherine Vinluan in San Diego, California

41 months ago

I went graduated from Pacific Coast College back in 1991. Does anyone know that school's new contact phone number? I need to get a copy of my degree in: Accounting with Micro-Computers. I know that school closed down along YEARS ago. Where are they now or who bought them out??? PLEASE HELP ME and someone email me back: babyk4music1@gmail.com thank you ALL for your help.

srich in Yakima, Washington

40 months ago

Hi - I attended Pacific College of Medical and Dental Careers, in San Diego - 1985. I graduated with a Dental Assisting certificate. The school was in the North Park area - 30th ave.
Any idea how to get transcripts?
I no longer live in San Diego - so a Google search led me to this forum..........
Thanks!

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

40 months ago

Contact the Department of Education in California. See if they have the school's records, as well as if they keep school records going that far back.

Cheryl in San Diego, California

40 months ago

Katherine Vinluan in San Diego, California said: I went graduated from Pacific Coast College back in 1991. Does anyone know that school's new contact phone number? I need to get a copy of my degree in: Accounting with Micro-Computers. I know that school closed down along YEARS ago. Where are they now or who bought them out??? PLEASE HELP ME and someone email me back: babyk4music1@gmail.com thank you ALL for your help.

The best information i can offer you is to go to this link:
wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/FSA/closedschool/searchpage.cfm
They will also give you a page to print out that states that the school is closed for you to give to your new school. This will also help to cancel student loans if you did not complete your course of study.
This really helped me and i hope it helps you too!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Monticello, Indiana

38 months ago

I graduated form Pacific College of Medical and Dental Careers in San Diego in Sept. of '89 as a medical assistant. I know that shortly after our class graduated they changed their name to Concorde Career Institute.

sonia in San Antonio, Texas

29 months ago

giggley41@yahoo.com in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: I was also a student at Pacific Coast College, my study was Office Skills and Management, I have been looking for this school since 1983 could anyone give me any info if you have it, I need proof of my study and accredisation.

I attended Pacific Coast College in Los Angeles CAlifornia.I am trying to get my transcript. I moved to san antonio texas and am trying to go back to college. I can't seem to find Pacific Coast College anywhere. I need my transcripts do you have any information on any pacific coast college schools.

Scott in Murrieta, California

28 months ago

I attended Pacific Coast College in Chula Vista. I graduated from their LVN Program in 1992. I was hoping to obtain transcripts. However, if you check with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education www.bppe.ca.gov/transcripts/custodian_records.shtml at the bottom they list the schools whose records have been destroyed and Pacific Coast College is listed. If anyone else is able to find a way to obtain records please email me at pongo951@yahoo.com Thanks.

Karen in San Diego, California

28 months ago

I attended Pacific Coast Jr. college
in about 85ish and got a computer accountant certificate. The school then changed the name to Maric College it had almost the same logo. When i called them to see if they could give me transcripts they didnt know what i was talking about. So if you could give me a helpful lead, that would be awesome. Thanks Karen

Tina in Jacksonville, Florida

23 months ago

I also attended Pacific Coast College (extension) located at 1344 South 43rd Street, San Diego, Ca., in 87. I have not been able to get any information regarding this school until I found this site. Thank you for informing me that the school is closed and lost its accreditation license. Wow.

Theresa Theobald in Eugene, Oregon

17 months ago

Greetings,
Pacific Coast College is not the same trade school as Pacific College of Medical and Dental Assistants. It was an accredited college in San Diego, not Chula Vista. The two colleges are often mistaken for the same.

M Odell in MP, North Carolina

17 months ago

I am not confuse about the two. I know where I enrolled and I am just posting this "if there's someone out there" have the same experience I had with Pacific Coast College that I went to in 3rd Ave Chula Vista CA not to complicate or mistaken other scholl for this one. The one that I enrolled (and other studentt) that I enrolled to was "corrupt". BPPV in the past informed me that they had 10 other Pacific Coast College and went bacnrupt many times. If not for the Student Loan that I am paying and trying to resolve this, I will not be in this forum, asking for some good leads. Thank you anyway and Yes this is PCC is probably not the same where others have graduated. I was there, I went to school there and I am paying that same Student Loan till now. God Bless.

glorysway in Vista, California

17 months ago

Sorry they put you through all that. The school lost their accreditation, however you should not be responsible for a loan you never receive and you should be able to get the prior loans removed since they didn't complete the program you signed up for. In order to do that you will have to file some forms. Here is a link that should help you:

www.studentloanborrowerassistance.org/loan-cancellation/problems-with-your-school/closed-school/

I hope I copied it right. If not let me know and I'll send it again.

God bless,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Theresa Theobald in Eugene, Oregon

17 months ago

Sorry to hear that. That totally sucks. Did you say Bank of American has your student loan? Maybe there is a class action suit against Pacific Coast College. If you can find enough other students that were cheated out of and education, maybe all of you could sue them. What jerks.

dharper57 in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

11 months ago

Edwige Ortega in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi Terri,

Edwige Ortega

I graduated there in 1988 and it had lost it's accreditation while I was enrolled.. though that proved no problem I took the AAMA Certification test and passed I was a member of the AAMA.. went on to have a career... Now I've been retired for 11 years and need to go back to work for the heck of it .. going nuts doing nothing.. The AAMA has all my information.. I was upset they had promised me lifetime placement when I signed on and all Concord will do it verify I went to school there though with no paperwork do not know how they do that.. I still have my diploma its a good thing I guess.. lol

CC in Phoenix, Arizona

8 months ago

Edwige in Quito, Ecuador said: Hello,
How do you know that Pacific Coast College had closed? Do you know when and why?

I use to go to Pacific Coast College in Culver City California and it closed back in 1989. I feel they used me to get my financial aid money and my grant. They kicked me out 1 month before I was due to graduate!! My friend that was still going there told me that the following month they school shut down. I was young and I didn't know what to do. I was left without a certificate and owed for my loan still. And to top it off they took MY grant check!! I contacted the collection agency and I told them the school closed and they sent me they "Close school form" and I'm in the process of trying to find the address where the school is located in California. I am now living in Arizona and I'm having a problem finding the address the collection agency said they would get the loan dropped if they ruled in my favor. If any of you guys went to the Pacific Coast College right off of Sepulveda blvd & Centinela in Culver City , Ca. could you please contact me by email connie90019@gmail.com I really need that address so the loan can go away and I can can go back to school. Pacific Coast college ruined my life!!

CC in Phoenix, Arizona

8 months ago

You can also download the "Closed School form" from: myeddebt.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.