I give up trying to find a JOB here in sd!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Bab1492 in Cardiff By The Sea, California

61 months ago

I moved here in march and been applying everywhere! I have only gotten 3 calls back. Went to 4 interviews at the san diego spca and 1 work day and they ended up hiring some one's boyfriend over me. She used the excuse that she couldn't get a hold of any of my references but they tried to call her for about a week as did I. I am feeling so drained of being so close to a job and then getting burnt! lol ne other suggestions where to work? I am going to college and have about 5 yrs customer service experience and front desk work .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

DADDYDOO in San Diego, California

61 months ago

Bab1492 in Cardiff By The Sea, California said: I moved here in march and been applying everywhere! I have only gotten 3 calls back. Went to 4 interviews at the san diego spca and 1 work day and they ended up hiring some one's boyfriend over me. She used the excuse that she couldn't get a hold of any of my references but they tried to call her for about a week as did I. I am feeling so drained of being so close to a job and then getting burnt! lol ne other suggestions where to work? I am going to college and have about 5 yrs customer service experience and front desk work .

Did you move from las vegas nv san diego is locked up tight and they DO NOT want outsiders budging their way in here ive been looking for a job for 8 months now and i cant even get a call back 5 yrs customer service also here

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

lilly in Irvine, California

47 months ago

Healthcare kaiser is looking for front office staff must be able to go to all locations .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

catmiller in San Diego, California

46 months ago

I moved in March also. I've been on about four interviews. I've had a couple of phone interviews and nothing.
Then last week I applied to a job listing and got a call from the staffing agency.
Today I interviewed with the hiring company. Less than an hour later I received a call from the staffing agency that I got the job!

It has been a difficult 7 months to say the least. Still, I am writing this to try and help others out there. Stay positive (I know its easier said than done).

Good luck everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

apc in San Diego, California

42 months ago

catmiller in San Diego, California said: I moved in March also. I've been on about four interviews. I've had a couple of phone interviews and nothing.
Then last week I applied to a job listing and got a call from the staffing agency.
Today I interviewed with the hiring company. Less than an hour later I received a call from the staffing agency that I got the job!

It has been a difficult 7 months to say the least. Still, I am writing this to try and help others out there. Stay positive (I know its easier said than done).

Good luck everyone!

congrats! good to hear of a positive outcome like yours.

how's the new gig?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sdbustogo@aol.com in Rancho Santa Fe, California

42 months ago

To all who are looking for work,make sure you widen your search areas and do not be afraid to move to other states.Over 300,000 people are out of work here and on top of it all wages do not match the living expenses.Some states such as Arkansas and Montana have unemployment rates of around 5% and the living expenses are much lower.Although,I really do like San Diego,It is a tough place to make ends meet.I volunteer at the local food bank in my area and it is amazing at how many people are in need of food supply.It is easy to search other jobs and even rent or housing expenses in other states if you have the internet.I myself have recently applied for work in Alaska,Arkansas,and Montana.Good luck to all in search of employment and may God bless you all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sdbustogo@aol.com in Vista, California

38 months ago

I GOT SO FRUSTRATED OF FINDING EMPLOYMENT IN SAN DIEGO THAT I STARTED SEARCHING ALL OVER THE UNITED STATES AND AS FAR AS HAWAII AND ALASKA.I GOT TIRED OF BEING TAKEN OUT OF 25% OF THE JOBS DUE TO NOT BEING BI-LINGUAL AND FOR SIMPLE JOBS AT THAT.ON TOP OF EVERYTHING THE WAGES HERE DO NOT FIT THE LIVING EXPENSES NEEDED TO HAVE A BALANCE OF LIFE.ALTHOUGH,I DO HAVE 3 JOBS NOW ,I STILL LACK THE BALANCE OF LIFE THAT IS NEEDED TO CONTROL STRESS LEVELS
THAT ALLOW FOR HEALTHY LIVING.ALSO,I STILL HOPE TO FIND A JOB IN ANOTHER STATE THAT WILL ALLOW ME TO ENJOY MY LIFE.I PRAY FOR ALL YOU WHO ARE STILL SEEKING WORK,I KNOW YOUR FRUSTRATION.MAY YOUR SEARCHES BE SUCCESSFUL AND PRODUCTIVE AND PLEASE DON'T BE AFRAID TO SEARCH OTHER STATES.IT MAY BE THE BEST CHOICE YOU COULD EVER MAKE.-GOD BLESS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

No Design Jobs in Chula Vista, California

38 months ago

San Diego is brutal. I have not been in my field for almost 3 years. Now I am a janitor,(nothing wrong with it) but it's the only thing I could get a steady job in with full benefits. It's sucks to have to take just any job. Glad I have a job, but at the same time, I'm pissed that I have a degree yet I have to clean up after trashy dirty people, who could care less of how disgusting they are. I just tell myself to smile when some idiot throws throws toilet paper all over the floor, or too lazy to pick up the paper towel and throw it away after they wash their hands, the list goes on...I have considered relocation but it's kind of hard leave a city that is sucking the life and money out of you. I haven't given up on jobs in the design field, but I am not holding my breathe, I started freelancing and working on my own side business. Just so I can have some sort of sanity in my life. I say if you can, just keep looking somewhere else. I have good non married friends who are doing quite fine after leaving San Diego.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Frustrated in San Diego, California

6 months ago

catmiller in San Diego, California said: I moved in March also. I've been on about four interviews. I've had a couple of phone interviews and nothing.
Then last week I applied to a job listing and got a call from the staffing agency.
Today I interviewed with the hiring company. Less than an hour later I received a call from the staffing agency that I got the job!

It has been a difficult 7 months to say the least. Still, I am writing this to try and help others out there. Stay positive (I know its easier said than done).

Good luck everyone!

Its hard here in San Diego I have had interview after interview. The local city government is a unfair practice or mafia take your pick. Check this out I am a college grad with 17 years experience in purchasing for large companies reference etc. I interviewed for a custodian,custodian supervisor (because there was nothing else) my city rank 22 and 5 ??? I also went for a simple buyer job 20.00 per hour and the panel that interviewed me only had high school diploma and they amazed by my test results, they did not know what was a RFQ or RFP in addition could not explain their software that they use completely, Result I keep trying to get an update and once I emailed and called I finally got a call from HR saying that the position will be reclassified and I would get an email within a week or two nothing so far what a joke in respect to employment in the City of San Diego!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Frustrated in San Diego, California

6 months ago

No Design Jobs in Chula Vista, California said: San Diego is brutal. I have not been in my field for almost 3 years. Now I am a janitor ,(nothing wrong with it) but it's the only thing I could get a steady job in with full benefits. It's sucks to have to take just any job. Glad I have a job, but at the same time, I'm pissed that I have a degree yet I have to clean up after trashy dirty people, who could care less of how disgusting they are. I just tell myself to smile when some idiot throws throws toilet paper all over the floor, or too lazy to pick up the paper towel and throw it away after they wash their hands, the list goes on...I have considered relocation but it's kind of hard leave a city that is sucking the life and money out of you. I haven't given up on jobs in the design field, but I am not holding my breathe, I started freelancing and working on my own side business . Just so I can have some sort of sanity in my life. I say if you can, just keep looking somewhere else. I have good non married friends who are doing quite fine after leaving San Diego.

The worst thing is that you see stupid city employees and other personnel that are making more money have less education. Well at least you have a job like you said but its frustrating.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Frustrated in San Diego, California

6 months ago

apc in San Diego, California said: congrats! good to hear of a positive outcome like yours.

how's the new gig?


Which staffing agency did you use??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

6 months ago

Frustrated in San Diego, California said: Its hard here in San Diego I have had interview after interview. The local city government is a unfair practice or mafia take your pick. Check this out I am a college grad with 17 years experience in purchasing for large companies reference etc. I interviewed for a custodian,custodian supervisor (because there was nothing else) my city rank 22 and 5 ??? I also went for a simple buyer job 20.00 per hour and the panel that interviewed me only had high school diploma and they amazed by my test results, they did not know what was a RFQ or RFP in addition could not explain their software that they use completely, Result I keep trying to get an update and once I emailed and called I finally got a call from HR saying that the position will be reclassified and I would get an email within a week or two nothing so far what a joke in respect to employment in the City of San Diego!!

If you don't know someone, you are out of luck with city or county jobs. The same thing is true in Texas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.