What are the best neigborhoods in San Diego?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Where is the good life? For families? Singles?

Reply - Report abuse

Gene in San Diego, California

79 months ago

Singles/young professionals: Gaslamp district and Little Italy. Lots of new condo developments, restaurants, bars, and clubs.

Families: Carmel Valley, Rancho Penasquitos, Poway, Rancho Bernardo. Good schools

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pineapple Princess =D in Bremerton, Washington

64 months ago

I love East county, so I like Rancho San Diego as well as Santee. It's a bit hotter too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

OSCAR OLIVEROS in Chula Vista, California

64 months ago

EAST CHULA VISTA IS ONE OF THE NICES PLACES FOR FAMILIES IN SAN DIEGO COUNTY ITS QUIT AND IS VERY FRIENDLY I LIVE IN EAST CHULA VISTA AND I THINK ITS THE BEST PLACE IVE EVER LIVED IN.

Doris in San Diego, California

64 months ago

Host said: Where is the good life? For families? Singles?

San Diego is a very quite, beach city. If you have lived in cities like NY, DC, or other major cities around the world, and you like that vibe of a city plus your are single; San Diego may not be for you. You can definitely find life in the Gaslamp (downtown) or in Little Italy. If your priority is the outdoors and the beach this is definitely a good place to be. San diego is colder than most people imagine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alex DeWolf in San Diego, California

63 months ago

We live in the Claremont area. Very nice, quiet and good family area. Also very central. Beware of rentals here though.

ESimp72774

62 months ago

Host said: Where is the good life? For families? Singles?

For families the best schools in the area are in the Poway Unified District. IMHO. The school district lines were drawn before the northern "towns" of Rancho Penasquitos, Rancho Bernardo, etc were designated and built. Go for a place that falls in the PUSD district rather than SD Unified. Again IMHO. You can search for poway unified school district on the web, they have extensive info on their website as well as links to all the schools. Newest schools are in what is called 4S Ranch area where the largest newest homes are (on smallest postage stamp yard), but older neighborhoods have smaller homes and somewhat larger yards, you won't have acreage.

Black Mountain Middle School has an "Academy" program as well as AVID to push kids toward College, well worth it. Has just been refurbished.

Mt Carmel HS just been refurbished this year too. Grammy winning Band Program (Adam Lambert's old HS) incredibly well estabilished AP Program one of the best HS in CA. Westview, not a slouch either, RB high can't be complained about, brand new HS in 4S Ranch starting up this fall.

Now if you are interested in private education, Poway has St Michael's Catholic School, La Jolla Country Day School is top notch, but you're rubbing elbows with the "Gotrocks" if you know what I mean.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.