want to relocate to seattle wa

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Want a life in Gainesville, Florida

72 months ago

Hello I am a very educated young woman with a wonderful family. I want to find a rewarding career but here in florida is not the place to be. I have been searching for months meaning 9 to 10 months for any job burger king mc donalds and no luck. My friend said Seattle is a wonderful place and full of opportunity if I can find a job she will furnish housing until I get on my feet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wjnahuy@hotmail.com in Seattle, Washington

71 months ago

well from my experience being here for 48 yrs and having been to the east coast...for people with enough money it would be easy to find a sofisticated nitch hear...however for some it can be difficult finding a proper wage to keep up with the bills and without proper means it can turn into a backwoods setting easily, not for the unprepared just so you know. Overall you may find the state support network somewhat helpfull being a family, as for me a single guy i can expect very little help.

Want a life in Gainesville, Florida said: Hello I am a very educated young woman with a wonderful family. I want to find a rewarding career but here in florida is not the place to be. I have been searching for months meaning 9 to 10 months for any job burger king mc donalds and no luck. My friend said Seattle is a wonderful place and full of opportunity if I can find a job she will furnish housing until I get on my feet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rusty in Bothell, Washington

70 months ago

My sis lives in Florida and has been looking for over 18 months so I am aware of your job market. Florida's unemployment is about 8% Seattle-Washington's almost 7% and climbing each week.

There are jobs here, but many people applying for them. Our winter weather can be dreary, traffic bad and our cost of living is high. Seattle is a hard place to make friends and hook up with dating. As the Times recently said, it is a difficult place to connect.

I've been here 31 years and it is my home and I'll stay no matter what but I have a home, a wife and two kitties. And I am unemployed...again, as I have been off and on over the last 8 years.

Apply for jobs here but keep looking where you are. Keep the faith, keep trying and work at being happy. WORK AT IT

Flatulent Elephant in Kent, Washington

51 months ago

I agree w/Rusty with 1 exception--I've found it pretty easy to get dates. Friends are pretty hard though. Jobs are hard to come by too. & yes, the weather is dreary for about 9 mos. of the yr., traffic sucks, & it is expensive. Good luck!!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.