Seattle IT jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

grafx92 in Okmulgee, Oklahoma

69 months ago

I'm going to graduate with my Bachelor of Technology Degree in Information Assurance and Digital Forensics in April of this year (09). I've heard about and have read that Seattle is a top IT job market. However, regarding the currect economic state, I was curious to know how the market is currently in Seattle.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

pjvaldez@gmail.com in Kent, Washington

69 months ago

grafx92 in Okmulgee, Oklahoma said: I'm going to graduate with my Bachelor of Technology Degree in Information Assurance and Digital Forensics in April of this year (09). I've heard about and have read that Seattle is a top IT job market. However, regarding the currect economic state, I was curious to know how the market is currently in Seattle.

Its actually still good, I have friends in the industry who thriving in IT. Matter of fact I believe the Times did an article on IT and Med jobs and how they are actually in demand in WA. Also, on a more micro level, a family friend works at the HR department of Nordstroms (retail store headquartered in Seattle) and she told me that the only department that didn't get any budget cuts was.....guess what.....IT.

Here are some companies that would help:
-Expoditors (they have a lot of entry level positions for recent grads)
-Comsys (this is a third party agency, but the deal with a lot of Temp to hire positions)
-Of course there are the big hitters (Starbucks, Microsoft, Nintendo of America, Real networks), and even though the are reporting a lot of lay offs, I heard its mainly administrative jobs.
(Other note: articles state that a lot of these jobs are laying off, but in reality they are switching to more 3rd party agencies because its cheaper.....I guess.).
-For some odd reason there are a lot of state IT jobs, mainly located near military bases (so outside of seattle. e.g. Bremerton, Tacoma, Everett, Lynnwood), but they are still civilian jobs.
There are alot of other companies but I just can't remember them right now.

Also if you are looking to move here (i.e., your not here already, go check on my other post to see relocation tips)

Hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ayub09 in Lynnwood, Washington

69 months ago

I dont think if this is 100% correct about jobs in Seattle area. I heard that Microsoft fired more than five thousands employes and this big group of people is in market now, Boing fired Thousands of employees and a lot of other companies fired more than 60% people. I belong to IT but I could not get any full time job yet except one or two days contract job in a week and some time no job for the weeks. So I dont think if this is good idea to have a lot of expectations about this specific field (IT) in this area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cellar of Books in Issaquah, Washington

65 months ago

Hello -

We are in the market of buying and selling technical, computer, development, gaming, business, psychology and other nonfiction related books. We are located in Issaquah WA and can either make a cash offer or enter into a consignment arrangement.

If anyone has these types of books, please feel free to send an email to service@cellarofbooks with the ISBN and titles of your books; we can get back to you with an offer within 24 hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

arvind patidar in Bombay, India

60 months ago

hi,
i am complete my graduation with bca.i want to job in it companies .what i do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

american IT person in Olympia, Washington

59 months ago

arvind patidar in Bombay, India said: hi,
i am complete my graduation with bca.i want to job in it companies .what i do.

Keep away from US jobs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

It person2 in olympia wa. in Snoqualmie, Washington

43 months ago

american IT person in Olympia, Washington said: Keep away from US jobs

That sh$$ was to funny lmao

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Techie in Bellevue, Washington

23 months ago

If you are open to contracting there are a number of good companies that hire contractors for <a href="www.oncontracting.com">contract it jobs</a> where you can gain some experience and then be in a better position to pursue full-time roles.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Techie in Bellevue, Washington

23 months ago

If you are open to contracting there are a number of good companies that hire contractors for contract it jobs www.oncontracting.com where you can gain some experience and then be in a better position to pursue full-time roles.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.