Places to live

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 59)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Gabriel in Montclair, New Jersey

70 months ago

I am relocating to the Tampa/St. Petersburg area and I am looking for places to live. I am young (24) and want to know what the best areas for young professionals would be. I will be working in St. Petersburg but I am looking for anywhere in the general area whether it is Tampa or St. Pete.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (70) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

ted in Tampa, Florida

70 months ago

You will care soon....after you try to get to work during 'gridlock hour(s)'!! :0))

Downtown St Pete along the waterfront and on Central St is OK....If your to be in the northern areas of ST Pete, by the ST Pete Airport...Also, the International Plaza Mall at Tampa Airport and the causeway slighty west of the Tampa Airport are decent...Also, the Dunedin and Palm Harbor areas...and the Clearwater Beach area...

BUT, be forewarned..live close to where you work and drive for fun not to commute to work...traffic is a nightmare during the rush hours...

td

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Ana in Tampa, Florida

67 months ago

If your to be in the northern areas of ST Pete, by the ST Pete Airport...Also, the International Plaza Mall at Tampa Airport and the causeway slighty west of the Tampa Airport are decent...Also, the Dunedin and Palm Harbor areas...and the Clearwater Beach

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ana in Tampa, Florida

67 months ago

Gabriel in Montclair, New Jersey said: I am relocating to the Tampa/St. Petersburg area and I am looking for places to live. I am young (24) and want to know what the best areas for young professionals would be. I will be working in St. Petersburg but I am looking for anywhere in the general area whether it is Tampa or St. Pete.

hi gabriel, im from paterson myself i just moved to tampa bay in june of o6 and i love it here ....i strongly recommend you this area to live gabriel, you only would need a car to commute. that's all you need/ you'll love it here ....the Beach and everything is so close ... there lots of restaurants/stores and the people are nice

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

daeeky in Portland, Oregon

66 months ago

So I am moving to tampa and would like to live near the ocean (within 15 minutes). Palm Harbor seems like the choice, but I will be working just east of downtown tampa. What will my travel time to work and back be like? Realistically?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

sandson in Tampa, Florida

66 months ago

Gabriel in Montclair, New Jersey said: I am relocating to the Tampa/St. Petersburg area and I am looking for places to live. I am young (24) and want to know what the best areas for young professionals would be. I will be working in St. Petersburg but I am looking for anywhere in the general area whether it is Tampa or St. Pete.

It really depends on what you can afford to rent. I would start off living close to where you work because traffic is horrible. South Tampa is nice along with Hyde Park area. Are you looking for a home or apartment to rent. There is a brand new apartment development on Westshore Blvd.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Leona in Clearwater, Florida

65 months ago

ketaylor in Athens, Georgia said: I am moving to Tampa this summer and my husband will be working at the Jesuit High School there. We are mid-20's. What would be a good place to live that is close to downtown Tampa, reasonable in price, and safe?

I am a Realtor who lives and works in the area. Go to ziprealty.com even if you are not in the home buying process the site has alot of fantastic features--like rating how a school did on the FCAT and crime rates in the area as well as median income and a host of other features including maps. It's a great way to start to familiarize yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tatau in Henderson, Nevada

65 months ago

I am relocating to tampa florida, and wanting to know where the best place for a tattoo shop would be?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Nicky in Glen Allen, Virginia

61 months ago

I use to live in tampa about 7 years ago and i want to relocate back but not sure as yet things seem to have a change since i been there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Variados in Redford, Michigan

57 months ago

Me and my friend wants to move to Tampa, and we were wondering where is the average rent prices, and if jobs are as low as in Michigan.... and what is the most expensive thing over there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Tampa, Florida

55 months ago

Variados in Redford, Michigan said: Me and my friend wants to move to Tampa, and we were wondering where is the average rent prices, and if jobs are as low as in Michigan.... and what is the most expensive thing over there?

I moved to Tampa from Metro Detroit last February for a contract job. Tampa has 12% unemployment at this time. A 2 Bd, 2 Bath apartment is around $700 average. I'm in a 3 bd, 2 BA house with a 2 car garage for $1100. The most expensive area in Tampa is South Tampa from what I gather talking to locals. Of course anywhere near the beach (that is within a few blocks)can get pricey too. Nice areas are Westshore, New Tampa, Town and Country. Those area are about a 1/2 hr. from downtown. There's cool places downtown too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Variados in Detroit, Michigan

54 months ago

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

hesham in Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

52 months ago

I will be moving to study in USF, where is the best place to rent a flat in, my wife and two kids 3 and 5 years will join me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

mamack410@aol.com

52 months ago

hesham in Libyan Arab Jamahiriya said: I will be moving to study in USF, where is the best place to rent a flat in, my wife and two kids 3 and 5 years will join me.

there are many places to live near usf.. go online at rent.com and look in the north tampa or new tampa area.. you will have no trouble finding housing as it is plentiful here. the tampa palms area is nice as is further up in the new tampa area. there are numerous complexes for you to rent .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

tmw1313 in Riverview, Florida

52 months ago

where are you working in st. pete? how are you liking it here?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tmw1313 in Riverview, Florida

52 months ago

What are the major financial services firms in Tampa/St. Pete?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Muskegon, Michigan

52 months ago

I am from Muskegon,MI I am looking to relocate to Tampa. I went to Tampa last year for vacation and fell in love with the city. I want to know what are the employment rates and how easy is it to get a job. Also I want to know the average amount for rent and which communities are rough or safe. Are there any good community colleges.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mamack410@aol.com

51 months ago

what field are you looking for a job in??? have you looked on the job search engines... depends where you work .. tons of rentals in tampa... I live in new tampa many nice things here... but south tampa and the carrollwood areas are nice... community college is hillsborough community and pasco hernando community colleges.. there are some rough areas you have to research it but i have lived here for 24 yrs so i know it well. C.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

brendon in Dracut, Massachusetts

51 months ago

I'm finishing up college in the Spring and I'm looking to move down to the Tampa Bay area for a year or two (or three...). I'm looking for a place that is relatively close to the beaches (nothing more then a 15-20 minute drive), and relatively close to the bars/donwtown/somewhere to party. I'd also like to be close to some tennis courts, soccer fields, gyms, etc. I'll be 23 when I move, and I'm sure I could find some sort of part-time job once I get there. Does anyone have any information they could give me? I'm not looking for specific apt. buildings, but more like areas that would include or be near what I'm looking for. Thanks for the help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

keith in Westwood, New Jersey

51 months ago

brendon in Dracut, Massachusetts said: I'm finishing up college in the Spring and I'm looking to move down to the Tampa Bay area for a year or two (or three...). I'm looking for a place that is relatively close to the beaches (nothing more then a 15-20 minute drive), and relatively close to the bars/donwtown/somewhere to party. I'd also like to be close to some tennis courts, soccer fields, gyms, etc. I'll be 23 when I move, and I'm sure I could find some sort of part-time job once I get there. Does anyone have any information they could give me? I'm not looking for specific apt. buildings, but more like areas that would include or be near what I'm looking for. Thanks for the help!

I am in the exact same postion now! I'm 23 yrs old. Looking for the same type of location, play lots of tennis. My job is transferring me there from NYC>
Did you find anything? Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Italeki in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

47 months ago

I might interview for a job in Tampa, Florida. The company I might be working for is located at 5400 Cypress Center Drive Zip 33609. Is this a nice area? Are there nice neighbors around here and rentals not far away from this address?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Zopko in Louisville, Kentucky

45 months ago

I am thinking of moving to the Tampa area. I am a 57 year old grandfather responable for his 11 year old grandson. I will be seeking work most likely in the service industry. What is a decent area with fairly inexpensive apts in which to live.

GDizon in Saint Petersburg, Florida

44 months ago

ketaylor in Athens, Georgia said: I am moving to Tampa this summer and my husband will be working at the Jesuit High School there. We are mid-20's. What would be a good place to live that is close to downtown Tampa, reasonable in price, and safe?

I am a long-term resident of Tampa and also a graduate of Jesuit HS. If you haven't already moved here, I would recommend looking into Wellswood. It's quiet, nice neighbors, and a lot of other benefits. I have heard it called "Tampa's Best Kept Secret" a lot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

donna in New Windsor, New York

42 months ago

Hello I am moving to Tampa in the summer of 2011 . Could someone tell me where it is safe to live being im alone and also where are the spas because I will be working at a spa.If you could tell me where its safe and where there are spas and it doesnt have to be in Tampa just the safest place in Florida im looking at Tampa because many people tld me to go there. Thanks for your help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

mamack410 in Wesley Chapel, Florida

42 months ago

New Tampa/ Wesley Chapel is a nice safe family friendly area. The biggest spa is the one at Saddlebrook Resort. There are numerous apartments and townhomes for rent nearby. It is close to the new Wiregrass Mall, many restaurants and to area roadways... look at zip codes 33543, 33544, 33647 as areas to look into.. www.saddlebrook.com
for the spa job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sgsugarprincess7@aol.com in New Windsor, New York

42 months ago

I am moving to to the South this summer however, Im not sure where is the safest and where are there a lot of spas. I am a Esthetecian and I must have work when I move can someone please help me and tell me where they would think the safest place , The cheapest and also , like I said it has to be around spas. Thank YOU

Rosalind Moore in Indianapolis, Indiana

41 months ago

Hi i have 2 children looking to move to either Tampa or Orlando im looking for a low crime rate area with a great school district and price to $1200-$1500 per month to rent a home or townehome. please helppppp...thanks or make any suggestion to where we can move to as long as it has those qualities and close to water..thanks much.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sandson in Tampa, Florida

41 months ago

What grades are your children in?

CK in Jackson, Wyoming

41 months ago

Rosalind Moore in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Hi i have 2 children looking to move to either Tampa or Orlando im looking for a low crime rate area with a great school district and price to $1200-$1500 per month to rent a home or townehome. please helppppp...thanks or make any suggestion to where we can move to as long as it has those qualities and close to water..thanks much.....

The most important thing for you to consider is the city school you want your child to go to. Do an internet search on some of the schools, determine the area where you would need to live based on your school selections, and then search for rentals. There are plenty of rentals everywhere given the housing market.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

sandson in Tampa, Florida said: What grades are your children in?

The oldest is going to be entering her senior year, and the other will be entering kindergarden, please dont ask how that happened, im still trying to figure it out myself..lol thanks for any response it is all helpful....

41 months ago

CK in Jackson, Wyoming said: The most important thing for you to consider is the city school you want your child to go to. Do an internet search on some of the schools, determine the area where you would need to live based on your school selections, and then search for rentals. There are plenty of rentals everywhere given the housing market.

i actually did research on the schools and crime and came up with a couple places so i am considering that as well. I'm more interested in speaking to someone who is actually familiar with the area to see if im making a good decision, i cant afford to just take a trip there so im kinda between a rock and a hard place. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mamack41- in Wesley Chapel, Florida

41 months ago

Well I think the New Tampa area is great.. it is newer but many people like South Tampa... as for New Tampa it was a great place to raise kids.. both of my children excelled here... we have A rated schools and many things to participate in.. we have great restaurants and a new mall.. housing is affordable.. where will you be working ??? what do you do?? what are the kids into???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anita in Houston, Texas

39 months ago

What do you do Gabriel? My son is looking also for a place to live in Saint Petersburg,he is 24 like you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michele DiCarlo in Syracuse, New York

39 months ago

Why are you going there? The jobs are weak there unless you are good at sales. I use to live in Tampa. Are you going for school? As a professional, You may want to check out St Pete or Clearwater as far as living. I believe its a little cheaper than Tampa and you dont have to cross the Howard Franklin every day. Good Luck.

Michele DiCarlo in Syracuse, New York

39 months ago

Foggysharpe in Trenton, Michigan said: I am thinking of moving to Bradenton, FL. I have my LPN license in Michigan and make $ 22.50/hr. Can anyone tell me what I would make in Bradenton?

I would call up the hospitals in Bradenton to see how much you make. I do not think as much as you did in Michigan. If you need to live in Florida, Perhaps see about Sarasota which is not too far. Also, maybe some temp agencies who specialize in hiring for medical field may give you some ideas of salaries for that area. I know only about Tampa General. However, I am not sure of the salaries in the medical field. Just some tips that may help narrow your search. I hope this helps. Bradenton is nice to live but I am not sure if the salary may justify your move.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nikki in Mattoon, Illinois

38 months ago

I'm planning on moving to Tampa in January 2012. I'm finishing up nursing school and hope to find a RN job down there. I currently live in Chicago,Illinois and was wondering if Tampa is a good choice for me. I am 23 and single so I definately want to be by bars and places for a younger crowd. Are there any certain areas I should start looking at for an apartment. My grandparents live in St. Petersburg and I was wondering if maybe that would be a better fit for me, but I hear Tampa is a better place to live for younger people. Well let me know! Thanks for your help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mamack410 in Tampa, Florida

38 months ago

If I were you I would try to work at Tampa General and live in South Tampa.. It is a good area for younger people.. plenty of places to go out... Tampa General is a big teaching hospital and would give you more opportunities than some small hospitals.. you may have to do shift work but you will learn a ton in a teaching facility... if you have student loans they may have some incentives to pay them with education dollars ( they used to have it anyway) go on rent.com and type in South Tampa to search for apartments.. St. Petersburg has limited " good " hospitals .. you are better off in Tampa.735

38 months ago

mamack410 in Tampa, Florida said: If I were you I would try to work at Tampa General and live in South Tampa.. It is a good area for younger people.. plenty of places to go out... Tampa General is a big teaching hospital and would give you more opportunities than some small hospitals.. you may have to do shift work but you will learn a ton in a teaching facility... if you have student loans they may have some incentives to pay them with education dollars ( they used to have it anyway) go on rent.com and type in South Tampa to search for apartments.. St. Petersburg has limited " good " hospitals .. you are better off in Tampa.735

Thank you so much for your help. I keep hearing Tampa General is a excellent hospital so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get a job there.

38 months ago

mamack410 in Tampa, Florida said: If I were you I would try to work at Tampa General and live in South Tampa.. It is a good area for younger people.. plenty of places to go out... Tampa General is a big teaching hospital and would give you more opportunities than some small hospitals.. you may have to do shift work but you will learn a ton in a teaching facility... if you have student loans they may have some incentives to pay them with education dollars ( they used to have it anyway) go on rent.com and type in South Tampa to search for apartments.. St. Petersburg has limited " good " hospitals .. you are better off in Tampa.735

Thank you very much... I keep hearing Tampa General is a great hospital so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I find a job out there.

MissKT0758 in Jackson, Michigan

37 months ago

I am looking to move to St. Petersburg, Florida in about 6 months. I'm currently working as a CNA, making about $15/hr. but it seems as if CNA's don't make as much there.. amy ideas where to go to look for a job to make that much.. hospitals or care homes and such???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

mcott_dell in Liverpool, New York

37 months ago

daeeky in Portland, Oregon said: So I am moving to tampa and would like to live near the ocean (within 15 minutes). Palm Harbor seems like the choice, but I will be working just east of downtown tampa. What will my travel time to work and back be like? Realistically?

I use to live in Tampa. You are looking at a good hour or two to get to work. First, you have to cross the Howard Franklin which is the main way to get from Palm Harbor to downtown Tampa and then drive on Kennedy to downtown. If you have a job in downtown tampa, try to live on tampa side to cut down the commute time. Leave beach life for the weekends or whenever you have time off. You could live in Valrico or Brandon or Riverview. I also recommend west side of Tampa. I grew up on that side near Town n Country. Not too expensive as Brandon or South Tampa. Long commute from Palm Harbor to downtown Tampa.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

scarter in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

37 months ago

you should focus on south Tampa, Hyde Park area.

Cinthia in Tampa, Florida

36 months ago

I Live in South Tampa.We are a military family that fell in love with Tampa and decided to retire here..My opinion is this is the greatest place I have ever lived and I have lived all over..If u have kids we have a lot to do for them here. Sports lovers will love it here.My husband works downtown Tampa and we live in South Tampa and it takes him less than 15mim depending the traffic on bay shore which is a beautiful drive home.west shore is great also. I will be honest jobs are very hard to find here and the rentals over 3bds can get expensive..Take a chance and come on down.ou will Love it here.we have the city and the water and its a great place to live..Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Katie in Tampa, Florida

36 months ago

Nikki in Mattoon, Illinois said: Thank you so much for your help. I keep hearing Tampa General is a excellent hospital so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get a job there.

Do your best to apply for jobs befor you leave to come down here. Even if you haven't finshed school. I have been appling for jobs for 5mnts now and people really aren't hireing

Ashleytg12

35 months ago

Hi, I'm planning on moving to Tampa area sometime in January. I do hair and I don't know if it's hard to find a job or not. I really want to live near the water. I currently live in Seattle and it's a freakin' fortune to live ANYWHERE!! I know it's much cheaper to live in Florida but I want to make sure I will make some money! I'm 24, so I was hoping for somewhere near the water with a bit of a nightlife. Any suggestions?

youngmom in Marietta, Georgia

34 months ago

I'm looking for an apartment with access to public transportation in or around E. Hillsborough (Humana office). I'm a single mom with two young children so safety and cost are important.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

akevrick in Ann Arbor, Michigan

31 months ago

I am a young adult (24) relocating to the Tampa area for a job in Lakeland. I am looking for suggestions as to safe, interesting places to live. I would appreciate any suggestions. From what I have read it seems south Tampa is recommended. Would living in south tampa and commuting to lakeland be a reasonable idea? I would welcome specific locations, names of apartments etc.

Veronica in New York, New York

30 months ago

I'm a middle-aged single woman looking to get out of the cold. Considering Tampa Bay area & any suggestions on safe, affordable rental complexes. They would have to be pet friendly. Also, which companies are currently hiring for admin. positions? I will be relocating my mom as well and would appreciate any knowledge of the best nursing homes in the area.

Colletta in Buffalo, New York

30 months ago

Hello I am looking to relocate to Tampa this July. I would like to know which areas would be best (safe/fun) for a single person in their late twenties to live in??? I'm hearing a lot about South Tampa but it seems living there may be expensive???

Kmjelly in Tampa, Florida

30 months ago

Hi, I'm 21 and I currently live in Palmetto and have a job in Tampa near Busch Gardens but the drive is ridiculous. Am looking for somewhere to live in downtown Tampa that is near USF as I plan to return to school this fall. I would like to live somewhere nice but not too pricey.. 2 bedrooms, 2 bath preferably in case I find a roommate. No farther than a 25 min distance from my work. Any suggestions?? Also, something that does not have income restrictions.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.