What are the best neigborhoods in Tampa?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

Where is the good life? For families? Singles?

Reply - Report abuse

Pat Delaney

80 months ago

I am trying to find a family neighbor with lots of kids for my children to play with. Ages 8-10

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in San Juan, Puerto Rico

74 months ago

where is the best place to live in Tampa?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tico001 in Hatfield, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

Pat Delaney said: I am trying to find a family neighbor with lots of kids for my children to play with. Ages 8-10

did you get your answer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Daryl Hatherley in Exeter, United Kingdom

61 months ago

Hi, it would be intreasting to know what the answer to your question was as me and my family are also thinking of moving to Tampa from England.Was wondering if you would be so kind to let me know? Thankyou for your time.Daryl. darylhatherley@yahoo.co.uk

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Daryl Hatherley in Exeter, United Kingdom

61 months ago

I was wondering also, what are the best places to find work in the Construction Industry, I am a Plasterer and also do Drywall.I looking around Florida, as this is where we want to emergrate. Thanks Daryl from England.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jade in Tampa, Florida

55 months ago

Host said: Where is the good life? For families? Singles?

I guess it all depends on what you consider 'Best'. Right then, If you like the 'flashy-new money' type of neighborhoods, go far and beyond Tampa and look into gated communities, they're everywhere. Downside, nothing but National Chains and generic housing.Have to drive everywhere-no walking to the local pub, grocerystore, icecream parlor, etc. Upside:You can 'be comfortable in a place where everyone is like you'(if you consider that an upside) Kids can ride their bikes, etc. without 'city' traffic.
If you prefer true neighborhoods,like to eat and shop at independently owned businesses,(kids and adults alike) I'd look into South Tampa which consists of Hyde Park, Bayshore area. These places have both historic Florida homes, updated Florida home, as well as some areas with newer 'communities'. Bayshore Blvd. access is a plus-the longest un-broken sidewalk running along Bayshore Blvd. Loads of independent mixed with some of the 'better' national chains, but you'll have the choice. Great public and private schools.
P.S. If you are not sure about 'gated communities' beware of the 'safe & secure' pitch. I've lived in both, and find no difference.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jkessler

48 months ago

Host said: Where is the good life? For families? Singles?

Carrollwood

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jkessler

48 months ago

Carrollwood

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

48 months ago

Carrollwood and Citrus Park. Fairly close together. I lived in Carrollwood for years, then moved to Citrus Park.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Randy in Tampa, Florida

35 months ago

Westchase would be my choice if you are looking for a self contained neighborhood that has restaurants, schools, and easy access to most parts of Tampa and Pinellas. Not gated for the most part, but lots of younger families with kids.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.