Thoughts on Chipotle Mexican Grill as am Employer

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Former Chipotle Employee in Tampa, Florida

89 months ago

The company is focused on "Food with Integrity" regarding it's sourcing of viable food. Has anyone worked for the company and felt that Integrity stopped with the food?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (67) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Chipotle employee in Naperville, Illinois

86 months ago

It's a great company to work for, the only down fall i'm seeing right now is that the company is growing a lot and they are putting people in management positions that they are nnot qualifued for. The food quality is great and the opportunities for growth within the company are there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Former Employee in Kirkland, Washington

71 months ago

Food with Integrity yes - treating employees with integrity no.

It is their recent practice to let long term employees go - without warning or any particular reason. It is always kind of a surprise. Really nice after spending almost 10 years at a job and being told you are doing great. Then you wake up one day and you are fired! Almost everyone who started the company and helped make it such a success had been fired. I'm talking about corporate people here - directors and such.

The CEO and Steve are ruthless - you better plan on working 70 plus hours - oh yeah they will give you that bull about a 40 hour work week and that quality of life - don't buy it.

Everyone is so afraid of being fired that they have resorted to back stabbing and throwing each other under the bus to save themselves - the once cool culture now SUCKS. Stay away!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Current? Employee in Tampa, Florida

71 months ago

Former Chipotle Employee in Tampa, Florida said: The company is focused on "Food with Integrity" regarding it's sourcing of viable food. Has anyone worked for the company and felt that Integrity stopped with the food?

I agree this company is awful. It's all about appearances there. It doesn't matter how much money your store makes if the wheels on a cart noone ever looks at are dirty. They throw out tons of food daily without blinking an eye, yet employees only get a 15 cent raise every six months(if that). Their corporate philosophy breeds nothing but incompetent management that'll throw anyone under the bus to spare their hides. Sure, the food has integrity, everything else? Not so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Current Employee in Austin, Texas

65 months ago

These things likely vary store to store, but I've been working there and like it a lot. We get paid breaks and free food, vs. another fast food place I worked where they only gave us half price while working for meals and required us to take unpaid breaks to cut labor. The management makes you work hard but is laid back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ktplusfour in Elkhart, Indiana

57 months ago

Chipotle employee in Naperville, Illinois said: It's a great company to work for, the only down fall i'm seeing right now is that the company is growing a lot and they are putting people in management positions that they are nnot qualifued for. The food quality is great and the opportunities for growth within the company are there.

I have just had my first interview in South Bend, Indiana Chipotle for Assistant Manager Position. I was told that I would begin as crew member. Are they actually going to offer me min. wage? I am a graduate of IU and plenty of managing experience. The Restaurateur that interviewed me called me "a slam dunk". I will be expecting a call back for a second interview and as he told me, "a walk through the kitchen and other areas and get to know me a little more". Any insight as to the corporate structure would be appreciated.

ktplusfour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Becki in Bradenton, Florida

57 months ago

I just stopped to get supper, One of the guys was rubbing his eyes then went to make my food with his bare hands. Then a girl came in for her shift and started putting her up in the kitchen,I asked the manager to do something about this location.. I don't understand why I was in line for 10 mn.The manager was an extremely rude woman who laughed at me in my face and said" Nobody would ask someone to wash their hands and put gloves on just for a guy rubbing his eyes and nose" I am finally DONE!! I will never go in again.Chipotle in Bradenton 4/15/2010 order#343 at 4:24 p.m. I hate this location!Good-bye loyal customer........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

AfraidTo Talk in Erie, Colorado

54 months ago

I am so afraid of retaliation. Chipotle does nothing when its mostly Hispanic males harass me. I have thought about calling that "anonymous number" at HR, but I have even been warned not to do so, that it won't be anonymous and that I will be fired on trumped up lies as "punishment." Furthermore, I have been told that Chipotle seeks younger, prettier workers. Isn't this all illegal? I need this job and don't know what to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous

38 months ago

Chiquackers in the Bells of Idiotsville

HAHA You are funny!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Gene in India

34 months ago

For those of you that have worked at Chipotle, how many people generally at the restaurant per shift? Seems there are 4 people putting together the food, 1 cashier, 1 supervisor, and 2 people cleaning / preparing food - so 8 in total per shift. Does this seem about right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

hduncan01 in Denver, Colorado

28 months ago

Current? Employee in Tampa, Florida said: I agree this company is awful. It's all about appearances there. It doesn't matter how much money your store makes if the wheels on a cart noone ever looks at are dirty. They throw out tons of food daily without blinking an eye, yet employees only get a 15 cent raise every six months(if that). Their corporate philosophy breeds nothing but incompetent management that'll throw anyone under the bus to spare their hides. Sure, the food has integrity, everything else? Not so much.

You need to call that hotline immediately!! I know this post was from a while ago, but if you still read this it is your right to work in an environment where you feel comfortable and safe. They have to by law keep your report confidential. Some of the other employees may figure out who you are by process of elimination but I assure you that you can not be fired. In fact you could use them if there is ANY retaliation. Discrimination is a very serious matter in the job market and CHipotle is an equal opportunity employeer, meaning your age, gender, orientation, or race can never be a deciding factor in your employment or advancement. Please be strong and stand up for your rights to be treated as an equal, because you are probably not alone and your voice could help others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Prospecting Crew Member ._. in Dallas, Texas

27 months ago

So right now I've been on the phone trying to follow up with them for 15 minutes! The jackass who answered the phone likely got scared when I asked for the manager and didn't say a thing to him. Obviously I'm pretty annoyed but my first interview went so well... So I thought. And the second interview lasted 2 minutes because they thought I never interviewed with them before.. Plus they said that the guy to follow up with is in Vegas right now. So I'm calling there to contact him but I'm on hold... So Yeah.
I could already tell they like to play games at that place- Nothing but unintelligent yet attractive people, and seeming to care about the frivolity of turning this burrito bowl shack into a career.
Gosh, if I didn't actually need a job is not even worry about these fools.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

hopelite13 in Littleton, Colorado

12 months ago

I work there, and i started at 9 dollars, but then they hired 6 people who are getting 10+ an hour and i am a kitchen manager in training, all the work that i have to do is not worth 9 dollars, iv talked to quite a bit of people in other fast food who are getting 12+, chipotle is just trying to get money, with no regards to thier employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

studentinNE in Lincoln, Nebraska

9 months ago

This is an awful place to work and it appears that no matter what store you go to they are all the same. They tell young people that they will be promoted to "kitchen or assistant managers" and then in a review they find some reason not to give you a raise. They expect you to work at minimum wage and do not believe in raises.
The bottom line is money. It is a company that feeds a lot of bull to their prospective employees and then want them to work like dogs for little pay. When you interview they make it sound like a great place to work...it is not. I rate it right up there with Walmart as one of the worst companies in the US to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.