Finding a job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

Jerry in New Port Richey, Florida

70 months ago

Hey Marie, first thing, Tampa is a city, not a state.....lol. And its hard finding decent jobs in Tampa, or Florida for that matter because most employers can hire 2 or 3 part-times (retired) to do the job and not have to pay any benefits that way. Or they hire illegals to do the same work for about 4 bucks an hour.
Browsing through Sundays help wanted section of the Tampa Tribune seems to have quite a few openings for different kinds of customer service reps. Sunday is really the only day worth looking though. Good luck with your search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jeannie in Bedford, New Hampshire

70 months ago

All Tampa Job Seekers,

Hi we are having a Diversity career fair on July 22nd in Tampa at the SHeraton on Cypress st. There will be quite a few excellent Employers here that have lots of job openings. Some of the best ways to connect with employers is through Job fairs. THis event is open to the public, please visit our website at www.armedforcesconnection.com.

GOOD LUCK
Jeannie
Corporate Relations
AFC- North America
Careerfairs@armedforcesconnection.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Wesley Chapel, Florida

70 months ago

I hear you. Left my job 2 weeks ago, it's not easy.

wesleychapel2@netzero.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MARIETA

70 months ago

Marie Taylor in Tampa, Florida said: Why is the state of Tampa so hard to find jobs? If you are not in the medical field it seems like you don't have a chance to survive here. do any one knows who hiring with a descent pay for Customer Service Representive, despirate single mom looking for relief damn there going homeless.

BECAUSE HE BIG COMPANIES IN TAMPA CLOSE THE SIDES AND WENT TO INDIA OR PHILIPINS AND THEY WITH THE SALARY THE PAY YOU , THEY PAY 7 PEOPLE THAT DO A LOW CALITY JOB , THE OTHER COMPANIES CAN ONLY HIRE 3 PEOPLE TO DO THE JOB FOR 10
CAPITAL ONE LAY OFF MORE THAN 25000 AND CHASE MORE THAN 23000, BACK IN 2005, THOSE WERE THE ONE THAT OWN THE HOMES IN TOWN'COUNTRY AND ARE LOST NOW , THE PROBLEM IS NOT INSURANCE, OR MEDICAL BENEFITS OR GASS PRICES , THE PROBLE IS FORCE USA COMPANYES TO COME BACK AND RE HIRE AMERICAN EMPLOYEES AND NOT PEOPLE OVE SEAS
I' HAVE 10 YEARS IN CUSTOMER SERVICE , 7 IN CALLING CENTER , AAND I HAVE NOT JOB .
IF SOMEBODY CAN HELP , CONTACT ME @ MARIETA64@UNIVISION.COM. THANKS AND GOOD LUCK FOR ME AND FOR YOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

DLH in Orlando, Florida

64 months ago

Marie Taylor in Tampa, Florida said: Why is the state of Tampa so hard to find jobs? If you are not in the medical field it seems like you don't have a chance to survive here. do any one knows who hiring with a descent pay for Customer Service Representive, despirate single mom looking for relief damn there going homeless.

Based on your post, it is full of misspelled words and incorrect grammar. If this is what your resume looks like or what samples of your typed work looks like, it could be the reason you're finding it difficult to find a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Marie Taylor in Tampa, Florida

64 months ago

Thanks for your concern but I have professional resumes out on site. When posted my comment I was in a hurry and fustrated so therefor their was misspelled words. If you can't help solve the problem then don't misjudge. By the way who are you ?and what do you do for a living ? Have you ever been without ,if not you don't have a glue !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

marieta64 in Tampa, Florida

64 months ago

good for you mrie, i read the comment yesterday and i did not wested time to respond.i also join to your respond for DLH in orlando, we are talking about tampa, whrite?
another thing , i not sure about you but i'm bilingual customer service with a bachelor degree in education, and my question to DLH is what a bout you?
as we said in spanish
si no bas alludar , no molestes
or if you are not going to help, don"t bader with negative comments, and remenber , live is a balance , one day you are up the next one you are down, DLH, good luck to you in you down time , gad bless you, and please don't be so negative , because what goes arround come back to you arround
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL,GOD BLESS YOU AND I HOPE WE WILL BE ABLE TO FIND THA PERFECT JOB THIS YEAR WHITH OR WETHOGHT SPELLING MISTAKES
THANKS MARIETA, IN TAMPA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Marie Taylor in Tampa, Florida

64 months ago

Thanks for the positve encouragement Marieta, it's people like those that keep the world in a erruptive state of mind. Tampa is the highest unemployment rate in the country. So if you don't live here you can't relate to what a person is going through to survive for there family. This year is about a change and nothing but good blessings sure occur for those who believe it. And good luck to you as well and may God bless you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

64 months ago

I live in Tampa too - for tooooooo many years. The job market here has ALWAYS been bad. BUT, with or without a bad job market, when you write or post something, the first impression someone gets of you is your intelligence level by the quality of your grammar.

Marieta, with a Bachelor's in Education, you make a really bad impression.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

marieta64 in Tampa, Florida

64 months ago

what is this ,how does it works,you said that you can get some cash out it , let me know , please
thanks marieta

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

me in Huntsville, Alabama

63 months ago

what's ur number?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

twilight_misc in Rabnita, Moldova, Republic of

62 months ago

Register for free on this site:
www.AWSurveys.com/HomeMain.cfm?RefID=twilight_fan

You can get some money the following simple instructions.
It help you till you get your job.Excellent Survey Web
Site. You get paid through PayPal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Gone 4 Greener Pastures in Tampa, Florida

59 months ago

Why is it so hard to find a decent job in Tampa?
Regardless of the typo's many people with college degrees who are in this city, are not seeing the
quality of jobs around town. I agree with the previous post. I have been here
in Tampa and not only are the jobs scarce but many of the employers treat the employees
like garbage. Am I the only one who has witness this behavior? Is there one employer in Tampa
where people love to go to work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Edgar54 in Saint Petersburg, Florida

58 months ago

No doubt, Tampa is a hard place to be when your job goes south. I am saddened by so many people out of work just as I am now. Most people never expect to be in a difficult situation, but, things happen. It is unfortunate that in a diverse area such as Tampa Bay, there are so few opportunities for professional and non-professional work. It helps to stay focused and if you are a person of faith to keep praying. I have written books on staying the course and keeping the faith. They helped me overcome a lot. My main source, God. The right job is out there...Keep on believing in yourself. We will get there together.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sally in Louisville, Kentucky

25 months ago

I love Florida and have vacationed there every year for 25 years. I have been looking at real estate, property taxes, homeowners insurance, and car insurance there. I have also been looking at the job market, and it looks like the jobs are scarce, and homes are a great buy right now. I'm from Ky and my husband and i have jobs that pay good, but we love the weather and ocean so much that we would sacrifice a cut in pay for it. He is an Automotive Tech and I am a Hair Stylist. We both have 30 years experience in our fields. Does anyone know if we would have trouble finding work in the Tampa area. I'm concerned that we might make the wrong move right now, as the economy is so bad. I would like to hear from someone who knows what it's really like there right now. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gene in Chattanooga, Tennessee

25 months ago

Tampa/Wesley Chapel is a great place to live...I miss it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rgnewyork in Tampa, Florida

25 months ago

Sally in Louisville, Kentucky said: I love Florida and have vacationed there every year for 25 years. I have been looking at real estate, property taxes, homeowners insurance, and car insurance there. I have also been looking at the job market, and it looks like the jobs are scarce, and homes are a great buy right now. I'm from Ky and my husband and i have jobs that pay good, but we love the weather and ocean so much that we would sacrifice a cut in pay for it. He is an Automotive Tech and I am a Hair Stylist. We both have 30 years experience in our fields. Does anyone know if we would have trouble finding work in the Tampa area. I'm concerned that we might make the wrong move right now, as the economy is so bad. I would like to hear from someone who knows what it's really like there right now. Thanks

Hi Sally, Yes, the current job market in Florida is a challenge right now. However, if you and your husband love Florida as much as you say you do, then you should definitely make the move. Just prepare yourselves first. Contact temp agencies, prospective employers, LinkedIn contacts; anyone in your respective fields about job leads BEFORE you move here. Call center customer service jobs are plentiful here in case you need to grab one before 'the' job comes through for you and your husband. Also, think about starting your own business. Who knows? Good luck to you and your husband! RG

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

farfar in Tampa, Florida

22 months ago

Do not bother with the job market in Tampa. Its about as desolate as it gets right now.

I have and personally know people who have applied at hundreds of different places, agencies. Never a word back. Or an interview and then come to find out they were just updating there database.

It is what it is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

in Tampa, Florida in Thonotosassa, Florida

21 months ago

Sally in Louisville, Kentucky said: I love Florida and have vacationed there every year for 25 years. I have been looking at real estate, property taxes, homeowners insurance , and car insurance there. I have also been looking at the job market, and it looks like the jobs are scarce, and homes are a great buy right now. I'm from Ky and my husband and i have jobs that pay good, but we love the weather and ocean so much that we would sacrifice a cut in pay for it. He is an Automotive Tech and I am a Hair Stylist. We both have 30 years experience in our fields. Does anyone know if we would have trouble finding work in the Tampa area. I'm concerned that we might make the wrong move right now, as the economy is so bad. I would like to hear from someone who knows what it's really like there right now. Thanks

You will be making a mistake if you come to Tampa right now. There are no jobs. Wait for the economy to get better before you sacrifice everything for the ocean. If you come here I'm sorry to say, you will drown in it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Forever Video in Hallandale, Florida

3 months ago

I live in south Florida where I applied for over 800 jobs and haven't got a call back yet..I went back to school to better my chances of finding a job ,but was only left with a nice bill from Sally Mae.. I've even tried to find jobs like McDonald,Burger King and Wendy's...I feel if America didn't have some many illegal immigrants here it would be a better chance of finding work.I feel the United States need to take down the borders and allow all illegal immigrants to come..Being American isn't something to be proud of anymore.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.