Bank of America in Tampa

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

tR in Tampa, Florida

82 months ago

I've noticed that Bank of America has recently been looking to hire alot of mortgage people in Tampa/Brandon, either directly or through staffing comapanies.

Have any of you been hired or applied and have any stories? Have you heard or noticed this? What do you think of this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jo in Tampa, Florida

81 months ago

The took over chase bank which does alot of mortgage.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

angelbaby in Tampa, Florida

67 months ago

tR in Tampa, Florida said: I've noticed that Bank of America has recently been looking to hire alot of mortgage people in Tampa/Brandon, either directly or through staffing comapanies.

Have any of you been hired or applied and have any stories? Have you heard or noticed this? What do you think of this?

I was recently hired thru a temp agency for one of these jobs. This particular job involved the Central Receiving Unit. This area receives all incoming mail to the Mortgage area of the bank. The mail is then sorted into the different areas. At that time they must be received into the system, (input) and routed to all the necessary areas. However, there is a procedure with a varying amount of scenarios for it to be entered. You are given a three day class in which you are given all the terms and scenarios that could happen. Then you are given one day (morning actually) to do one of each type of mail and scenario and to guess how you will enter or receive it. You are given a spiel on how the effectiveness of your work could affect several other depts if even one mistake is made. You are then given a question and answer session for the rest of the day to attempt to see how much of this info you have retained. On the fifth day, you are given a test and if you do not pass it, Your job is then terminated. Some of us need more than just a class stating the scenarios but need at least three days of "hands on" work with a system to be able to grasp all that can happen. And function in the capacity needed. I am such a person. It looks to be a wonderful opportunity IF you can pick up quickly what is being taught.
Good luck to all that apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

angelbaby in Tampa, Florida

67 months ago

Also Bank of America has now bought Countrywide so they are in the process of changing everything from Countrywide to Bank of America.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jamiekim1974 in Palmdale, California

47 months ago

i just had a horrible experience as a bank of america temp in california the temps are treated very differently...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.