Legal Secretary Positions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

S.C.D. in Washington, District of Columbia

55 months ago

I have been unemployed for the past year and have been applying for legal secretarial positions and other positions within the D.C. area and have been unsuccessful at it. I am 50+ and want to work. What can I be doing wrong, I believe my resume is impressive, please can anyone assist me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mary in Tampa, Florida

55 months ago

I believe what you are doing wrong is being 50 years old. Me too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Thank you Mary. I am NOT ALONE!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

55 months ago

Angie, you sound like a recruiter or something. If SCD is in Washington, DC, do you think she's interested in some tidbit job in South Florida? Not unless it was a five year contract, making $50,000 a year, guaranteed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Is it so bad that individuals must argue about work. I am not a recruiter only a person trying to find work. Like I said I have been looking for sometime. At this time a $30,000 job would be okay, if it is out there. In the District, yes salary is high but when you are without, you try putting your pride aside. So, if Angie or anyone out there (even you Mary) know of positions secretarial or related jobs out there, please e-mail me.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Angie954 in Dania Beach, Florida

55 months ago

I'm sorry, but I don't know any jobs in your area. I wish you a lot of luck and although it does get discouraging, try and keep your head high. If I see anything as I am looking through many different sites for my company, I will be sure and post it here.
Thanks - Angie

Mamie Johnson in Gaithersburg, Maryland

24 months ago

S.C.D. in Washington, District of Columbia said: I have been unemployed for the past year and have been applying for legal secretarial positions and other positions within the D.C. area and have been unsuccessful at it. I am 50+ and want to work. What can I be doing wrong, I believe my resume is impressive, please can anyone assist me.

What I am stating to you may sound awkward but it's really not. If you are born again, then pray and use the Word of God to find your sources. God is always up to date. Then keep applying by faith. I too am over 50, but age is not such a limitation in the DC or eastern states region. Employers are often looking for maturity mixed with good work skills, good communication and interpersonal skills, and good demeanor and appropriate dress. Of course, things will seem competitive and that's a distraction for you to give up. Don't!

Lizzie23 in Capitol Heights, Maryland

23 days ago

S.C.D. in Washington, District of Columbia said: I have been unemployed for the past year and have been applying for legal secretarial positions and other positions within the D.C. area and have been unsuccessful at it. I am 50+ and want to work. What can I be doing wrong, I believe my resume is impressive, please can anyone assist me.

My suggestion is see what companies are hiring for the legal secretary and pay them a visit. Sometimes dropping off your resume in person gives you the chance to promote yourself and see if that is a good environment that would fit you. You have to do a little leg work. Take out the phone book for example and call some of the law firms and ask if they are hiring.

Good Luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.