apply for security officer job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (30)

Paudel Phanindra in APO

84 months ago

I am interested to join security officer job Washington D.C.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Helpful in Cleveland, Ohio

82 months ago

A great place to find these opportunities in Washington D.C. is www.cinume.com. From what I've heard, it's a place where you can search for interesting jobs, including at the White House, Congress, law firms, lobbyists, etc. The site promotes itself as a great tool for people from around the country because it even gives you a video resume option, so you can send not only your regular resume to the employer, but also a professional video clip.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

joann pollard in Washington, District of Columbia

78 months ago

Paudel Phanindra in APO said: I am interested to join security officer job Washington D.C.

i am interested in joinning a security officer jo in washington dc i have no experience is there some training avaiable to me? thank u ladyjai

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

joann pollard in Washington, District of Columbia

78 months ago

Paudel Phanindra in APO said: I am interested to join security officer job Washington D.C.

i am interested in joinning a security officer job in washington dc i have no experience is there some training avaiable to me? thank u ladyjai

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Robin Jenkins

78 months ago

joann pollard in Washington, District of Columbia said: i am interested in joinning a security officer jo in washington dc i have no experience is there some training avaiable to me? thank u ladyjai

I Robin Jenkins is interested in joinning a security job. I have no experience in security or firearms. I would like to be train in security job if I may have they oppurtunity to do so. Thank You.Please reply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

robert washington in Washington, District of Columbia

76 months ago

Paudel Phanindra in APO said: I am interested security job. I have experience and qualification of security officer.
so do i ms lady and im looking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

michael farina in Jamaica, New York

76 months ago

joann pollard in Washington, District of Columbia said: i am interested in joinning a security officer jo in washington dc i have no experience is there some training avaiable to me? thank u ladyjai

I am interested in joinning the security work force ,I have military service and am still active/reserve.thank you michael farina

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

michael farina in Jamaica, New York

76 months ago

I am interested in joinning the security work force ,I have military service and am still active/reserve.thank you michael farina.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tyrone Johnson in Baltimore, Maryland

74 months ago

Iam interested in having a job as a security officer in Washington D.C. I security experience and I am also a licensed security guard for the state of Maryland.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

billy r maddox in Washington, District of Columbia

69 months ago

please e-mail me when jobs are available. leave a phone number or e-mail for me to contact someone concerning a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Angelo Gregory in Washington, District of Columbia

69 months ago

I am interested in becoming a fulltime security officer.If there is any necessary information please e-mail or leave.

Phyllis Roberts in Baltimore, Maryland

68 months ago

Phyllis Roberts in Washington, District of Columbia"]i am interested in joinning a security officer job in washington dc i have no experience is there some training avaiable to me? thank u

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

chocolatec44 in Washington, District of Columbia

68 months ago

Yes I'm interested in working and im seeking work i am a very hard working love to be on time for work and seeking full time and over time if need,And im a very friendly and good person to other and show respect.

delante salters in Capitol Heights, Maryland

67 months ago

DELANT SALTERS I'M IN NEED OF A JOB AS A SECURITY GUARD I DO HAVE THE EXPERINCE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

delante salters in Capitol Heights, Maryland

67 months ago

I DELANTE SALTERS I'M INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR A JOB AS A SECURUTY GRAUD I DO HAVE THE EXPERINCE IN THE JOB WHICH I'M APPLYING FOR

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tigatokreyol@yahoo.com in Silver Spring, Maryland

65 months ago

I'm Jasmin Brice i was a policier officer in my country, and i m interest to join you guys.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

amenaanderson in Capitol Heights, Maryland

65 months ago

I Amena Anderson is interested to joining security officer job Washington D.C.

jermaine butler in Indian Head, Maryland

64 months ago

joann pollard in Washington, District of Columbia said: i am interested in joinning a security officer jo in washington dc i have no experience is there some training avaiable to me? thank u jermaine butler

latoya in Washington, District of Columbia

64 months ago

I am interested to join security officer job in Washington D.C.
because I'M IN NEED OF A JOB and I am interested security jobs
i don't have no experience but i am fast at picking up things
i need to know thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Deb - kamilah in Tampa, Florida

63 months ago

Tyrone Johnson in Baltimore, Maryland said: Iam interested in having a job as a security officer in Washington D.C. I security experience and I am also a licensed security guard for the state of Maryland.

did you use to live in Washington, DC back in 1980?

LaMont White in Capitol Heights, Maryland

63 months ago

Im am interested in becoming a security guard,I have 2 years of experience one at SixFlags America and, the other at the Show Place Arena.I'm good at learning quick,getting the job done and fast at mostly every thing.I know I would be a good security guard for the state of Maryland.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JermaineButler in Indian Head, Maryland

63 months ago

I am intersted in a job as a security officer i have several years experinence in this field.please consider me with a postion or a interview thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

vikas in New Delhi, India

63 months ago

hai i am vikas i am so thankful to u for rply me .I am so abisious person . I can do any thing for my future. pls tell me how can i join it. what is the complete process

sade bowman in Washington, District of Columbia

56 months ago

I am very interested in the a postion working with your company.I have no experience,But i'm willing to learn.I'm hard working easy going and assertive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Him bad in Washington, District of Columbia

34 months ago

michael in Washington, District of Columbia"]I am very interested in the a postion working with your company.I have 15 years experience, in developing and impiemented security protection.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

belleluna07@yahoo.com in Silver Spring, Maryland

27 months ago

Marie Mason in S S MD I have over 8 years experience and qualification also willing to learn more I'm a very heard working person easy to get alone with others,respectable sincere I would love to be a part of your teem

belleluna07@yahoo.com in Silver Spring, Maryland

27 months ago

Marie Mason in S S MD I have over 8 years experience and qualification also willing to learn more I'm a very heard working person easy to get alone with others,respectable sincere I would love to be a part of your teem

Giselda Culler in Washington, District of Columbia

27 months ago

In these times it is always wise to be professional

Sophia Turner in Fort Washington, Maryland

7 months ago

I am very interested in working within your company I also think that I can be an asset to your company although I've never done security I've worked front desk for Unity Health Care Washington DC

Lizzie23 in Capitol Heights, Maryland

5 days ago

Hey Guys,

I currently work in security. I thought I would share some tips that was shared with me.

If you are looking to get into security, you must be able to obtain a security license. In washington, dc your license is owned by the company but in MD and VA, the license is owned by you. If you do not have a license, the best place to start is by taking a Unarmed or an Armed Special Police Officer Class. There is one great class located in Iverson Mall ran by Alvin Lide. It's on the second floor of the mall and class is weekly starting at 5.

Another option would be to sign up with a company like Allied Barton who will take you through the process for free if you are picked up by them. The best place to get noticed by them is to go to there office in Va (2034 Eisenhower Avenue, Suite 140 Alexandria, VA 22314). They have computers in there so fill out the app there in front of them and a recruiter will speak to you. Stay on top of your application.

Other companies to go to are securitas, g4s, watkins security, ces security, paragon, and various colleges and hospitals. While you can apply online, often times it's best you go to there offices and talk to someone. Let them see your face and that you are interested because you are just a name on the computer and chances are with no experince, they will pass you by.

But be WARNED, do not apply to the jobs on craigslist (do so at your own discretion because they pay low, may send you to unsafe places and could be a scam) and do not work with professional 50(they bounce checks and send you to the hood). Now while these companies are suspect, they will train you (get your license for you) but I suggest you not make a career with them. Get your training and bounce.

Hope this helps someone. Good Luck Job Hunting!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.