legal positions in DC

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

mary.samila in Homestead, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

I am moving to DC late October 2009 and need some assistance in locating a job. I am a paralegal in Pittsburgh PA, specializing in both creditors' rights and bankruptcy and all aspects of collections. Anyone who can help, please reply

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Thanks soo much, I'll try that.

62 months ago

Is there a local paralegal association? Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh) does not have one that I'm aware of. Also, most of the paralegal positions I've seen online thus far seem to require a BA, which I do NOT have, but I've been working in law firms, doing what I do, since 1986 and quite frankly am extremely good at what I do, why the requirment for a BA?

In house paralegal in Baltimore, Maryland

62 months ago

I also moved from Pgh to Maryland 7 years ago. The paralegal market in Washington is MUCH different that in Pgh. There are lots of opportunities for paralegals in the District, but be careful and know what's expected of you going into a position. The big firms will work you VERY HARD and there's a lot of turnover. The salaries are much higher in the District and surrounding area than in say Baltimore. BMore is more in line with Pgh even though its just miles away from the District.
Try NCAPA, I think it's the local association for paralegals in DC. I also worked with a very professional recruiter from Special Counsel. Of course, when I moved to MD the economy was much stronger and there were lots of paralegal positions available. Things could be different now.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.