Best companies to work for in Wilmington?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What companies are fueling growth in Wilmington? Why are they a great employer?

Reply - Report abuse

Tlanun in Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

I am an IT professional that is trying to relocate to Wilmington NC. I live in PA presently but have family livingin NC.
I cannot get an interview and am not sure where to apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

ty in Wilmington, North Carolina

88 months ago

Host said: What companies are fueling growth in Wilmington? Why are they a great employer?[/Q

I am not here to get your hopes down, but simply to be honest. Demand for jobs is high in Wilmington. So Many people want to live here. THe reason you cannot get an interview is because so many other people are applying for the same position. Wilmington is a great place to live. But earning money here is a nightmare. The turnover rate for jobs in WIlmington is extremely high due to the high demand for jobs here. Employers here feel that you need them more than they need you. THera a lot of great places to move to in Carolina, where you can find a great job. Wilmington is not one of them. Take Care.

By the way the top employers are:

PPD
Verizon
General Electric, and
Corning.

All these employers apply to the above paragraph.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mike d in Wilmington, North Carolina

72 months ago

employers with lots of openings

* Food Lion (50)
* Home Depot (46)
* Interim HealthCare (42)
* New Hanover Health (27)
* Express Employment Professionals (26)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Casey in Wilmington, North Carolina

39 months ago

ty in Wilmington, North Carolina said:

Sorry you are having trouble working/finding work in WIlmington. We have a robust economy for the size of the city and one of the lowest unemployment rates in the state, lower than the Triangle and Charlotte. Wilmington is home to 4 major companies with one having world wide headquarters. Besides that, Fortune magazine in 2010 named Wilmington one of the best places to start a business. Our service industry is on fire. Not sure where you are getting your information from but there is a reason the beaches are clean, the municipalities are in good shape and the city is not in a deficit.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Gerry Mahoney in Wilmington, North Carolina

30 months ago

I was aPolice officer in Ma for 18 years. Now Living in Wilmington I would like to find a job such as Security, Security Investigations or anything along those lines. Anyone have any idea's Please let me know. Thanks much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.