Career Advice

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

what do you want to do, where do you want to go?

Current Discussions (6670) - Start a Discussion

Naidzz Legrand in Providence, Utah

Investing Guide at Deep Blue Group Publications LLC Tokyo: Key Financial råd for retur Veterans

De siste generasjoner av veteraner står overfor en særlig komplisert økonomisk bilde, tilskrevet flere distribusjoner, en tøff sivil økonomi, rov...

ausooke in United Kingdom

Hass & Associates Online Reviews: Seks måter å unngå ferien Shopping svindel

WASHINGTON - i kjølvannet av siste data brudd, kjøpere bør være på høy beredskap når du kjøper deres presenterer denne høytiden. "Om millioner av...

Growthfishacademy in Forest Hills, New York

Updated 19 days ago

Bachelors degree in Biology, what can you do with it? - 717 Replies

I feel like like such an idiot right now. I have a BS in Biology. After I graduated, I followed a totally different path. I know a friend of mine...

aulielncstr08 in Germany

Updated 19 days ago

What Shearin Group Imparts: Centered Leadership - 4 Replies

The Shearin Group Leadership Training Tips Leadership is key to the development of any individual, company and communities in every society in the...

seanrois06 in Luxembourg

What Hospitals Can Do to Prevent Health Insurance Fraud

Dyman Associates Insurance Group of Companies Health insurance scams are on the rise, and the government and health care organizations are...

Shingami in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 20 days ago

and all this is for a temp Christmas job - 15 Replies

The ad says "Flexible availability to meet the needs of the business, including days, nights and weekends. Shifts from four to eight hours in length...

Ethan Grant in Corona Del Mar

Updated 20 days ago

Tax Lien Certificate Advise - 1 Reply

Is $1,500 enough to get you started in investing in tax lien certificates? This area of real estate has always peaked my interest, I just never...

lynn77 in New York, New York

Updated 20 days ago

Relocated - need to move back home - should I tell prospective employers my spouse is very ill? - 9 Replies

Hi everyone! I relocated to another state with my husband for his job about two years ago. I was laid off from my last job where I worked for several...

still retired in Hawaii

Updated 20 days ago

In case you didn't know by now. - 11 Replies

My father said this forty years ago. "Who you know is where you go". My daughter has an entrepreneurship class in college and that's what they...

1andonlyBeppy in Poughkeepsie, New York

Updated 20 days ago

Does anyone here - 1 Reply

have a govt student loan who's deferment has expired, and yet you still cannot pay on? How's it being dealt with?

Calfornian in Hayward, California

Updated 20 days ago

This, imo, is long overdue - 4 Replies

even though it's fairly young... Retail needs to go back to "shift" work, not "on call" scheduling. Read the article. It doesn't apply to small...

NE1 in Somewhere

Updated 20 days ago

Apartment Staff Jobs? - 1 Reply

Both my mom and my brother live in different apartment complexes. I've been to the leasing offices of both apartment complexes, and I wonder how...

kimizell23 in Denver, Colorado

Elliott & Associates Fraud Attorney Review - Hoe Onroerende Voorheffing Wordt Berekend

Als u eigenaar van een huis of een stuk van onroerende goederen, zijn kansen, u zult worden omgaan met belastingen van het bezit op een gegeven...

Mr.Ripperz in Jackson Heights, New York

Updated 20 days ago

Graphic Designer Needs a Career Change - 421 Replies

I have been a graphic designer for the better part of 15 years. I'm 40 years old. I have a BA in fine arts, but I have had design classes and many...

TracieSparkles in New York, New York

Updated 21 days ago

Regretting taking this job - 7 Replies

Actually I regret accepting the low hourly rate but I don't have any other income coming in What should I do? I'm about to graduate with my...

Duck! in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 21 days ago

Stuck in choosing career, too many paths which is the right one - 2 Replies

hi there, well i have got stuck in choosing what career path i would like to do, i am 23 years old i have finished my high school but then after i...

Keith in Lorain, Ohio

Updated 21 days ago

How do YOU - 26 Replies

deal with the constant turn downs and lame excuses companies give you for not wanting you?

dan14lrose in Toronto, Ontario

Varför en VD tycker att alla ska höra denna karriär råd när börjat

The Shearin Group Leadership Training Tips För att göra ett namn för dig professionellt, är det viktigt att gå ut och ta chanser. Men när du först...

Updated 21 days ago

Leaving a job after the first day - 26 Replies

I started a new job today, and though I've been in the field a little before, it wasn't what I expected. I tried to keep an open mind throughout the...

Updated 21 days ago

Is it even worth it at this point - 7 Replies

to go for a seasonal retail job? After all, there's only a few weeks left anyway.

Updated 21 days ago

Have You Turned Down Work? - 9 Replies

A contract job has suddenly turned into a full-time job offer I don't want, but at the same time I feel like I can't afford to sensibly turn it down....

Updated 21 days ago

I'm trying to - 3 Replies

keep my life simple. It's everyone ELSE that's trying to complicate it. :-/ Try to apply for a retail job, and they make you jump through hoops...

Praying and Hoping Every Day in Henderson, Nevada

Updated 21 days ago

Need help deciding - Radiogic tech or B.S of business Administration? - 14 Replies

I am currently enrolled in community college and will be getting my associates in arts degree... I was also accepted into the radiography program...

Praying and Hoping Every Day in Henderson, Nevada

Updated 21 days ago

What is being a cashier like at a clothing store? - 18 Replies

I thought about applying for jobs at small clothing stores in the mall. What are they like?

1andonlyBeppy in Poughkeepsie, New York

Updated 21 days ago

Blatant job description lies, lackluster job - 6 Replies

I have a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering and 10+ years of experience. I recently left a job after 13 years and accepted a position with...

michdrake in Stockholm, Sweden

SV TCL & Associates Probe Company Semiconductors: En kort gjennomgang av sin virksomhet for de siste tjue årene

Semiconductor industry er kanskje den mest dynamiske og produktiv industrien i dag som det gir i hele verden med verktøy som er viktige i alle nivåer...

SuperAwesomeResumes in Boise, Idaho

Updated 21 days ago

Do i want a job or career? Some career advice help - 4 Replies

So my intentions in my career or job is just to get a simple 8-5 or 9-5 monday thru friday job only 40 hours a week ( 45 maximun im willin to...

SuperAwesomeResumes in Boise, Idaho

Updated 21 days ago

Resume writing services?? - 47 Replies

Have you used them and do you find them helpful? Positive or negative experiences across the board please??

Jobseeker1927 in Anytown

Updated 22 days ago

Has anyone - 8 Replies

checked their local UI office's "hired" bulletin board? Has that office been of help to you, to the point where you GOT a job? The one I've been to...

Snarfy in Frederick, Maryland

Updated 22 days ago

What is the markup percentage made on temp workers? - 49 Replies

Someone told me that temp agencies survive solely on the inflated markups for temp workers. They want to pay you super low...$10, but charge the...

NeedRealJob in Saint Louis, Missouri

Updated 22 days ago

Why is it - 21 Replies

that companies won't "train you in THEIR ways"? Instead, they not only want you to be able to "hit the ground running", they require a "PhD in life"...

Calfornian in Hayward, California

Updated 22 days ago

Best steps to use for getting a state job? - 7 Replies

Hi all, I have probably one of the biggest mysterious questions that answer, changes quite often. What are the best steps to get a state job?...

Jobseeker1927 in Anytown

Here's a question for you...

Most retail stores want a person who's got recent previous experience. Does anyone know if Sears is that way too? The posting on their site that...

xboxer in Tucson, Arizona

Updated 23 days ago

Is this appropriate behavior from a professional? Is there anything I can do about it? - 20 Replies

I got some bad news recently. My district manager is allegedly going to be picking on me from now on. That's what she told my immediate manager...

nik in Parker, Colorado

Updated 23 days ago

TO EVERYONE LOOKING FOR A JOB A FURNITURE ROW PLEASE STAY AWAY.(my honest review) - 5 Replies

i see a lot of people looking for work at Denver mattress and furniture row like oak and sofa mart. This is my review of the company and is my...

Nakul in Delhi, India

I hate my job i want to change it

i am 23yr old i have completed my graduation in commerce and i have total 2 yr exp as SEO Executive but i don't like my job because there are lost of...

Leeann66 in Might as well burn my college diploma!! Its worthless!, Ontario

Updated 23 days ago

New job, want to book a holiday - 3 Replies

Hi all, I am planning to take a 2 week holiday in April as I haven't had any holiday for a long time. The problem is that I'm starting a new job...

Look Away in Austin, Minnesota

Any ex-radio announcers out there?

I worked in radio for about 20 years, mostly has an announcer with some work in producing, operations, and production. For numerous reasons I've...

NE1 in Somewhere

Updated 24 days ago

Do onboarding forms mean you passed the drug/background check? - 5 Replies

I was offered a job a couple weeks ago, I turned in the background check info last Friday (11/21)and completed the drug test on Tuesday (11/25)....

san786 in Sydney, Australia

referees issue advice needed!

I am currently working as a contractor and want to move from there to another company. The only problem is that I don't have referees apart from the...

Itishotheretoo in Addison, Texas

Updated 25 days ago

My advice (if you have a BS/BA) and cannot find work... - 11 Replies

If ur in California, take/pass the CBEST (it is ridiculously easy) then substitute teach... $120 a day to baby-sit...

employed princess in Somewhere, Texas

Should a part time seasonal employed person put they are employed during job interviews

If they are interviewing for full time jobs Should a person working part time seasonal out on their job application that they are employed and Should...

Keith in Lorain, Ohio

Updated 26 days ago

I'm more qualified than she is... - 33 Replies

This is about to sound like a lot of entitled whining. I apologize in advanced, you have been warned. I having been working at a bank for a few...

san786 in Sydney, Australia

referees

I am currently working as a contractor and want to move from there to another company. The only problem is that I don't have referees apart from the...

LoneOrca in Missouri

Updated 26 days ago

Is it bad idea to take a higher position you don't want to make a career at? - 8 Replies

Even if it pays more, won't the longer hours hinder trying to leave it?

xboxer in Tucson, Arizona

Updated 26 days ago

Y'know those - 23 Replies

"personality tests" that some companies force-feed to their job applicants? Couldn't they be viewed as an "invasion of privacy" by the "ACLU"? (I...

Itishotheretoo in Addison, Texas

Updated 26 days ago

Mystery Shopper? - 3 Replies

A friend of mine says she knows someone who makes a bit of money as a 'mystery shopper'. Has anyone ever tried this? I've seen so many 'secret...

AndyRising in a State of Bliss

Updated 26 days ago

Asking for Promotion and New Responsibilities - 1 Reply

A week or two ago I emailed my manager for a raise that had been promised to me and gave a couple reasons why I earned it. To paraphrase his...

Better.luck in Albany, New York

Updated 26 days ago

Should I go for a holiday temp job? - 2 Replies

Hi everyone! I need some job advice. In May 2013, I graduated from college with a degree in media. And like most graduate students in the fields...

Suburban Girl in Illinois

Updated 27 days ago

Rescinding job offer based on references - 9 Replies

Hello everyone, I am very fortunate to have just landed a career job right out of university. I have passed my background check and security...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.