Career Advice

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

what do you want to do, where do you want to go?

Current Discussions (7777) - Start a Discussion

youdontkillmoney in Los Angeles, California

Updated 10 days ago

How to leave the family business - 2 Replies

Hi, I'm 24 and currently work at our family business but am looking for a way out. I graduated two years ago from a fairly good university with a...

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 10 days ago

Interviewer asked if I needed to give 2 week notice? - 7 Replies

Hi guys, I had an onsite interview for a receptionist position and the interviewer asked if I needed to give 2 weeks notice to my current...

Sick Of It All in backwoods, California

Updated 10 days ago

How long should you wait before following up? - 1 Reply

I did have an interview 5 days ago. I thought it went very well. I connected well with the manager. She told me to be there at 11, and she didn't...

Passionless in San Francisco, California

Updated 10 days ago

Lack of interest in everything I do! - 27 Replies

At 30 years old and having been undecided all of my teen/adult life, I've held many jobs over the years searching for something that interests me and...

Sophia Morrison. in Dayton, Ohio

Updated 11 days ago

Help! Unemployed for 4 years - 4 Replies

I am a 29 year old female and for the last four years, I have been applying for various jobs on-line and in-person from admin to sales assistant and...

gixerkiller in Gardena, California

Updated 11 days ago

Employment verification..fired from last job - 3 Replies

lets try this again and make a long story short..I was fired from my last job due to performance. I got a job offer a few days later and have done...

Updated 11 days ago

Pay cut after only working for a couple of months. - 4 Replies

I want to get some peoples input on my situation. I started working at this logistics company and after working only 2 and a half months the owner of...

Updated 11 days ago

Next moves for Econ major? - 1 Reply

Hey all, So I recently graduated Penn State University with a double major in Economics and Political Science. I have a decent GPA of 3.25. I went...

AndyRising in a State of Bliss

Updated 11 days ago

Different Job Statuses with Same Employer on Resume and Application - 5 Replies

I have worked for my current employer for over 8 years now. However, 5 of those years were part time, and three were full time (which I am currently...

newjob2015 in Broomfield, Colorado

Career Transition for an Immigration Law Paralegal?

I have been working as a business immigration paralegal for the last 3.5 years. In this capacity, I have worked both for an immigration department of...

Barry2 in Austin, Texas

Updated 11 days ago

Top Helathcare Professions outside of Nursing - 6 Replies

Outside of being a P.A., a Doctor, or a Nurse what are other type of healthcare professions don't have to be the greatest paying job. However, has a...

Running1987 in Springfield, Massachusetts

Updated 12 days ago

Want to continue working for current employer, but don't want to make waves - 2 Replies

Hi, currently work for a local hospital. The hospital is own by a larger hospital in the state that has developed it's own organization that aquired...

Cloudsx in Michigan

Updated 12 days ago

Employment agencies - 82 Replies

I have registered with several employment agencies last year. I have told them about my background, salary, area wanting to work, and would like to...

Jackofnothing in New York, New York

Updated 12 days ago

A career in Help Desk? - 2 Replies

Hey guys I been in IT for a bit and think of making a career of Endpoint/End User support, a career where you just support users all days and not...

Updated 13 days ago

28 and at a lost in term of career - 1 Reply

I feel hopefull, but also concern at the same time. I work in a behavioral health unit and my hospital is part of a larger network of hospital's...

Updated 13 days ago

I'm in an awkward position... - 11 Replies

I just consented to a credit check on a job application but...I don't have a credit card and never had one (I'm in my early 20's). I'm up to date on...

Updated 13 days ago

Applying for jobs before you have your degree? - 2 Replies

I wanted to get some opinions about this... I'm going to be finishing classes in December, which would mean I have my degree and am ready to work...

adam7887 in Illinois

Updated 13 days ago

Lies You Heard During Job Interviews. - 6 Replies

Hello, Before I ask this of all of you, I thought that I might give you some background into this question. I had two interviews, in which I got...

tequilasunrise in Nowheresville, North Carolina

anyone had offer rescinded due to being fired/ineligible for rehire at prior job

I am currently (under)employed andIve been job hunting for nearly a year.Ive finally received an offer from an employer I've been applying to for...

Updated 13 days ago

Spent a year searching for a minimum wage job, found nothing. - 15 Replies

When I graduated high school my plan was to spend a year working some retail job, and then after that year go to college for a skilled trade. It has...

EconGuy

Updated 13 days ago

Is it me or is it super hard to get a job these days.............? - 14 Replies

?

Ms Doppelganger in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

The Underemployeed Worker's Rant -- Feel Free to Add Your Thoughts

I figured us working yet underemployed folks should have our own board. Underemployed meaning forced to work part time, temp gigs, or for way less...

Shingami in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 14 days ago

Looking for work while you are working. - 2 Replies

Hello, I've tried looking on the Internet for this question, but I can't seem to find anything. I am currently working full time at a small...

april in Knoxville, Tennessee

Updated 14 days ago

Should I get another bachelor's degree? - 52 Replies

I got a BA with 2.7 gpa, because I was into movie and news, but they are not many jobs in that area, especially in that area. Haven't any luck...

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 14 days ago

Almost Suicidal and Age Discriminaton - 62 Replies

I left a career in social work and worked part time and temp jobs while raising my fabulous kid who is now on a great scholarship and good...

Updated 14 days ago

Do employers overlook no degree for experience? - 31 Replies

If someone has over 10 years of office skills experience and a job requires either a 2 year or 4 year degree, would a person with only a High School...

Sophia Morrison. in Dayton, Ohio

Updated 14 days ago

Medical Receptionist Jobs? - 9 Replies

I just wondered if anyone knows what the requirements might be to get a job as a medical receptionist? Has anyone ever worked as one? I have a...

Candy Tucker in Columbia, South Carolina

Updated 14 days ago

difference between CNA and CMA or is it thesame? - 260 Replies

I was just wondering...to some people I may sound really dumb but I wanted to know the difference between being a certified medical assistant and a...

xboxer in Cactus, Arizona

Updated 14 days ago

The Still Frustrated Job Seekers' Rants Forum - 2035 Replies

Starting a new forum for people to let it out. Carry on...

Riot in Massachusetts

Updated 15 days ago

Bachelor degree in Cell Biology, now what? - 1 Reply

I recently graduated with a bachelor of science in cell biology and need some opinions/ideas on what I can do with it. I have limited experience,...

J$ in Glen Ellyn, Illinois

Updated 15 days ago

Leaving a job after the first day - 30 Replies

I started a new job today, and though I've been in the field a little before, it wasn't what I expected. I tried to keep an open mind throughout the...

Updated 15 days ago

Work/life balance question in interview - 2 Replies

I'm hoping to start interviewing for new jobs soon. Part of the reason I'm leaving my current is the amount of time required to do it. It's...

Terrence Noel in Atlanta, Georgia

Updated 15 days ago

The Curse of Taleo? - 581 Replies

When I first started reading the forums at Indeed.com.. A couple people were having discussions about "Taleo" and the agonizing trouble it brought...

diamondteeth in Media, Pennsylvania

Updated 15 days ago

Software Quality Assurance Engineer resume not getting calls from Recuriters - 5 Replies

Hi Everyone, I am in the process of looking for a career as a software quality tester, I have about 3 years of experience working as a Java Web...

uptoyou in providence, Rhode Island

Updated 16 days ago

Would you accept a job with no benefits? - 5 Replies

Ok so I really need a job but at the same time I'm running out of options an it's taking time because I have an associate in arts degree and I wanted...

falyn_gheorge in Duluth, Georgia

Updated 16 days ago

bad recruiters and companies... - 14 Replies

is something going on with recruiters today? it seems scary to me...ive been on many job interviews. prior to meeting me everyone seems VERY...

Previous employer said was blacklisted

Hi, worked for my previous employer twice. Once as a per diem worker left after 8 month's as not many hour's to pick up. Second time was back in...

Updated 16 days ago

Burnt out on the graphic artist life. Just no money to make it worthwhile, and endless responsibilites. - 2 Replies

Are there failed or burnt out artists here that have just chosen to hang up their mice in search of greener pastures? I seem to find myself in low...

Greenrose in Houston, Texas

Updated 16 days ago

When to request a transfer to another department - 4 Replies

Hello Everyone, There seems to be lots of good feedback in these forums. I trust that I will receive good advice. Here is my situation. After...

Greenrose in Houston, Texas

Updated 16 days ago

Just started job, now have second thoughts - 31 Replies

I just started a job that pays about 12K more than my previous job. The building I work in is nice, the people I work with are interesting, but the...

tequilasunrise in Nowheresville, North Carolina

Updated 16 days ago

Has anyone fired from a previous job had trouble getting job later because of it? - 2 Replies

I was fired from a previous job for performance. Frankly,my background was not at all a good fit for the position. In addition my boss was a...

Updated 16 days ago

Consulting company had me fake my resume, now going on an on-site interview -- second thoughts: read my story and please help? - 31 Replies

I've been officially unemployed for a while just working part-time, on and off unpaid with a family friend so at least I can learn something about...

Updated 16 days ago

So very tired of - 286 Replies

People who supposedly keep up with current events asking how my job hunt is going (and guess what... they are typically employed) All the lies...

ethan d. in Corona, California

Updated 16 days ago

Oh Please, Why Can't You Live On $10.00 An Hour? - 145 Replies

"Oh please, why can't you live on $10.00 an hour?" That's the question I heard from a young male while bypassing a couple.. that made we want to...

Updated 16 days ago

What are you doing with your psychology degree? - 6 Replies

Have you found your psychology to be of much use.. If so how?

Updated 16 days ago

ALMOST GARANTEED THE JOB THEN NO CALL - 3 Replies

I went on an interview where I was referred to the company by a mutual friend with a highly regarded reputation. They were adamant about me taking...

Andrew Carnegie in New York, New York

Updated 16 days ago

2015 job searching - 5 Replies

Looking for some good advice for obtaining a job in the digital age. Interviews, resumes, researching, social media, attire... are there any good...

Updated 16 days ago

Resume writing services?? - 52 Replies

Have you used them and do you find them helpful? Positive or negative experiences across the board please??

Updated 16 days ago

4,000 jobs applied to this year and nothing - 32 Replies

Hi, I applied to more job's then usual this year. I was laid off in May over that time applied to at least 3,000 jobs. Working full time now, but the...

Updated 16 days ago

About to to out of job, now what? - 1 Reply

Okay, it is now my turn to be out of job. I've been working for 12 years straight from one 1 company since I graduated from college. Now the company...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.