Career Advice

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

what do you want to do, where do you want to go?

Current Discussions (8502) - Start a Discussion

Nick2345` in London, United Kingdom

27 years environmental scientist with no experience. 2 past years working as a professional musician. What should i do?

I am 27 years old and i have a bachelor degree in environmental science with very little experience. I am from Greece and my family had economic...

Ayham Hamada in Noblesville, Indiana

Updated 21 days ago

"We'll Be In Touch" Emails - Do I Respond? - 1 Reply

I sent in my resume/cover letter to a couple of places, and have gotten back the "thank you, we will be in touch" emails. I haven't responded because...

PYB873 in London, United Kingdom

Does having dual working rights in UK/USA help with job search?

I have dual rights to work in both the UK (hold UK passport) and USA. I am an engineer that lives in the USA but was wondering if I would be...

Diane in SE Mass in Lynn, Massachusetts

Updated 21 days ago

Do you think that there should be affirmative action laws for people 45+? - 9 Replies

I have, from reading many threads on this forum, and other forums, gotten the impression that companies are not hiring someone that they can figure...

Running1987 in Springfield, Massachusetts

Seeking full time work only part time is available...

Hi,been with my current company for a year. There is an opening for 2 part time positions similiar job I work right now part time at a different...

Msttchs in Levittown, New York

Career path to management - Best degree

Hello all so I am in the process of deciding on a bachelors degree program. My goal is to get into management - leading teams towards a common...

Anonymous1991 in Mountain View, California

Advice on major career move

I am currently a third assistant engineer working for anow oil company in the gulf of mexico on a drillship. I graduated 1.5 yrs ago with a bachelor...

Trying to Help in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 22 days ago

They shouldn't require a drivers license if the position doesn't involve driving! - 4 Replies

I have noticed some positions out there that require a drivers license. Since I don't have one, they shut me out. I can see if the job requires...

Trying to Help in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 22 days ago

expunged misdemeanor and corporate bank job - 1 Reply

Hello All I had a misdemeanor expunged 3 years ago ( it was for petit theft). I was working in corporate banking for the last 9 years at HSBC and...

AndyRising in a State of Bliss

Updated 1 month ago

Deciding between two jobs - 1 Reply

Hello, I am a recent college graduate. I have been on two interviews since graduating and was offered a position as an assistant in commercial...

endoftheworld in Danbury, Connecticut

Updated 1 month ago

Now that the spammers have ruined the site again - 27 Replies

what other forums have people migrated to? And of course this will get lost before it gets answered

flopesda in Paris, France

Master's in Urbanism or Environmental Economics?

Hi! I'll be soon finishing my Bachelor of Science in Economics and Management. I'm now trying to decide what to study in grad school. I know I...

Updated 1 month ago

45 y/o College Grad/No Work Experience - 10 Replies

I'm 45 years old and I graduated Summa Cum Laude from university with a Bachelor's degree in Psychology in 2005. Since age 18, I've suffered from...

Updated 1 month ago

Does anyone here relate to INFP type? (Myers-Briggs Personality assessment) - 5 Replies

I had taken Myers-Briggs Personality assessment several times and usually get INFP as result type. Information about the personality types can be...

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 1 month ago

What to put on my resume after a spiteful boss experience - 3 Replies

I don't have a lot of "job" experience. I'm 27 and I've rarely worked much at all. I tried a few jobs when I was young to see what it was like,...

UnBaPtIzEd in Madison, Connecticut

Updated 1 month ago

Bachelors degree in Biology, what can you do with it? - 684 Replies

I feel like like such an idiot right now. I have a BS in Biology. After I graduated, I followed a totally different path. I know a friend of mine...

TGPII in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 1 month ago

Chicago, Illinois to Alaska. - 2 Replies

I currently live in the suburbs near Chicago, Illinois USA. I am trying to get a job in Alaska. Pros? . . . Cons? . . .

Updated 1 month ago

Working with a boss that talks down on you? - 2 Replies

I just got a new job and the boss is just really, really rude. I mean.. he yells at all his employees and I find this absolutely disturbing. I...

EconGuy

Updated 1 month ago

fix this forum - 6 Replies

Fix it so it works. the error messages and it eating my replies....hey, i have better things to do with my life. I'll check back in a week or two....

EconGuy

Updated 1 month ago

Why do some ads say "unemployed need not apply"? Is this even legal? - 96 Replies

How are you supposed to get a job that way?

Updated 1 month ago

strange letter recieved after applying for a Goverment Job. - 1 Reply

Applied to the Government back in September 2015, received a letter informing me “ I was not selected for interview, application file is in...

Updated 1 month ago

Stuff I Don't Need - 1 Reply

I see a lot of ads to help people with their careers, but a lot of those things don't apply to me. I wish I could find an audiobook (because I drive...

flynn in San Francisco, California

Updated 1 month ago

Other Job Boards? - 12 Replies

Other than Indeed, are there any job boards that are worth using? Have you had any success with any of them?

KyleMartin1 in Cleveland, Ohio

Career field for someone with constantly changing interests

Hi all, I am starting an entry level job search, I have a BA in Audio Recording (music), so I'm currently going in the direction of looking for jobs...

Thatoneguy in Cumby, Texas

Updated 1 month ago

28 no career in sight - 10 Replies

I am 27 turning 28 later this year. Lived a year on campus during college and 2 1/2 year's on my own. I graduated with a degree in criminal justice....

Rocshe97 in Rock Hill, South Carolina

Updated 1 month ago

Application Status - 30 Replies

I have been diligently searching for a job. I have two state jobs I applied for. One job I applied for in April. The application status says: under...

Summer92 in South, Georgia

Updated 1 month ago

I just came from - 17 Replies

the SS office in my area. I'd postponed it from 2 days ago, because of getting a flat tire on my way to an appointment I'd had back then. While on...

Dan in Belding, Michigan

Does two weeks notice start the day you hand it to them?

If I hand in my two week notice tomorrow morning, would my last day be Friday-January 15th or Monday-January 18th? Basically, does the day you...

Updated 1 month ago

Need advice please - 18 Replies

I'm in my late 40's and I am in a very desperate situation where I've been unemployed for several years due to social anxiety. I've tried to overcome...

Updated 1 month ago

Getting started after college/ Irrelevant experience - 1 Reply

Hi everyone, I know I sound like thousands of people my age (early twenties), but I am a college graduate without a -real- job. I currently hold 2...

Sarthak in India

How to negotiate a higher salary ?

Do you make these negotiating mistakes ? The first step to boosting your salary is to STOP shooting yourself in the foot. Most hopeful negotiators...

MongooseLover in Peru, Illinois

Updated 1 month ago

How to get a job without any references - 13 Replies

Hi All, I am new to this forum. I am having some issues in regards to references. On the the job application form they require two references to list...

Ryaneda in Medford, Oregon

Nurses and Waitresses?

I did waiting tables for 3 years and found that I got overwhelmed with multiple requests at once. I like moving fast on one task at a time, but it...

Updated 1 month ago

So very tired of - 289 Replies

People who supposedly keep up with current events asking how my job hunt is going (and guess what... they are typically employed) All the lies...

sandy in Ashburn, Virginia

Updated 1 month ago

Graduate Degree, No Experience, Six Years "Underemployed," Etc. - 36 Replies

I am in dire need of help and direction. To be honest, I don't really know where else to go. I am a 27 year old white male who lives at home with...

TravisP87 in Marshall, Michigan

Updated 1 month ago

I'm lose, depressed, and beaten. I really need some advice. - 8 Replies

Hey guys, I'm really hoping somebody can help me out because I'm feeling very lost. I have a bachelors degree in health science from the University...

Updated 1 month ago

The Long Term Unemployed Do Not Have Cooties - 31 Replies

This post I saw on another forum sure hit home. It should be required reading by all who have jobs and who unfairly judge the unemployed victims of...

LoneOrca in Missouri

Updated 1 month ago

Is it bad idea to take a higher position you don't want to make a career at? - 19 Replies

Even if it pays more, won't the longer hours hinder trying to leave it?

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 1 month ago

Company / "interview" - Purpose Employer Solutions - 2 Replies

I "interviewed" the other day (Tuesday 29th) with Purpose Employer Solutions / Pinkerton Insurance, Venice, FL -I have interviewed in quotation marks...

Kevin87 in Port Richey, Florida

Job/Career Advice

I have a degree in Business Administration from the University of Florida. I graduated in June 2013 and only pursued one job with my degree in...

realism37 in Georgia

Updated 1 month ago

Need a job but have no references, background checks or work history? - 6 Replies

If you need a job, but struggle with references, background checks or work experience then I can help. As a current HR professional with both a BA...

onlytito1028 in Columbus, Indiana

Updated 1 month ago

Graduating in May, Now What? - 7 Replies

I am 25 and will be graduating in May with a Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Technology. I currently have a decent job, but need to really...

kmorganr in Toronto, Ontario

How to re-enter the job market after two years off and without a reference from the last employer.

Two years ago I was working part-time in a retail store while in school, and I got offered a full-time position at a company that was a significant...

jjwinkle

Updated 1 month ago

Just quit my second desk job in 6 months, no idea what I am doing.... - 8 Replies

So here is my story.. I am a 23 year old college grad (class of 2014, BS in Economics). Throughout my time at school, when people would ask me what...

Marquis Crumpton in Scottsdale, Arizona

Updated 1 month ago

Getting rehired after being fired - 10 Replies

I was unfortunately let go recently from my last position. They said my job skills were not meeting their standards. I was still on my 90 day...

TGPII in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 1 month ago

Job Hunting Myths - 41 Replies

My name is Andrea, and I'm a career/business coach. Here are some myths job hunting that I hear from my clients and see in forums. 1. You need to be...

Jolene Hey in Saint Louis, Missouri

Updated 1 month ago

fired after 4 months because " I need to much training"?? - 2 Replies

After 4 months in their 6months probation in Company B, I was let go. Verbally they said "i need too much hand-holding", they also suggested me to...

Updated 1 month ago

Career Advice - 3 Replies

I am 23 years old, from south Louisiana. I have been working in the oilfield for a couple of years now. I have an associate's degree. I am scared...

Updated 1 month ago

How Do I Cover Gaps on My Resume? - 3 Replies

Hi everyone. I got a problem with gaps on my resume due to some issues. Below is a skeleton of my resume (I changed company names for privacy). I...

uptoyou in providence, Rhode Island

Updated 1 month ago

Fired from employer after handing in two week notice - 21 Replies

Hi, kind of unaware what to do next. Last Friday handed in my two week notice with my company. Get a call before my shift on Monday not only come...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.