Career Advice

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

what do you want to do, where do you want to go?

Current Discussions (7424) - Start a Discussion

aperryPC in Blackstone, Massachusetts

Updated 16 days ago

I hate my job & want to quit. - 35 Replies

DISCLAIMER: I know what everyone’s response to this will be, because it’s the thought that comes to mind when I myself ponder this quandry. “Quit...

Kimmy Cole in Katy, Texas

Updated 16 days ago

College Student & Mom - Career advice help? - 6 Replies

I have taken a new position as an admin at my current job (about 3 months in, probation period). Currently, I am going to school for Accounting...

AndyRising in a State of Bliss

Updated 16 days ago

Old guy needs ideas for a new career. - 1 Reply

Hello, I have been an IT Manager for 20 years and I really would like to get out of IT. I would like to get in the medical field somehow and need...

Stare into the abyss and the abyss stare in Texas

Updated 16 days ago

paid more for speaking Spanish... - 114 Replies

This is out of an actual job description: Bilingual applicants selected for this position are eligible to receive an additional 6.8% increase to...

jmori in Santa Monica, California

Career advice

Hi everyone - I've returned to the US after 8.5 years in Japan teaching English. I ran the English department at a private school during my final 5...

Jury 14 in Hartford, Connecticut

Updated 17 days ago

Is it me or is it super hard to get a job these days.............? - 6 Replies

?

Calfornian in Hayward, California

Updated 17 days ago

Have you ever left a well paid job for a lower paying job? - 11 Replies

If so what was your reason? It seems like so many people who decide to switch careers to a lowering paying one for whatever reason are so frowned...

still retired in Hawaii

Updated 17 days ago

No suprise here. - 7 Replies

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2015/04/01/job-hunts-you-fed-report/?SiteID=cbaolcompromotion68&icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl9%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLi...

Newbieatthis in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 17 days ago

How hard is it to work two full time jobs and a part time? - 8 Replies

I KNOW it's possible to work two full times but is throwing a part time into the mix possible? The jobs would be a fast food place, store, and some...

KeepAHappyFace in State of Confusion

Updated 17 days ago

Work History question on job applications - 1 Reply

My company was sold two years ago, and I have been off payroll since 2013. I have continued to work for the company, but paid as a contract worker...

jslinfla in Delray Beach, Florida

Updated 17 days ago

Is a degree/ education ever wasted? - 8 Replies

I graduated with a double degree in a field I discovered I am not really fond of (English and teaching) and am horrible at. In fact I can say I...

Linda in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 17 days ago

Two DWI'S any chance of a health care career? - 8 Replies

I have 2 dwi's (one 7 yrs ago, the other convicted recently because it was in court for 3 years) both misdemeanors, no injuries or destruction, did...

Updated 17 days ago

Can you work at two fast food places at the same time? - 7 Replies

I REALLY am sorry if this is not the right place but ...say you get a job at We. and also a job at Dunkin or Mcdonald's and both are near by each...

Sick Of It All in backwoods, California

Updated 17 days ago

Will I be okay in IT with a degree? - 7 Replies

Hi everyone, Please read the whole thing to better understand my situation. I just graduated from a tech school called Brandford Hall. I...

nojob4jobsnobs in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania

Updated 17 days ago

Would You Take a Dead End Job? - 15 Replies

I graduated college in Dec. 2005, at the top of my class. B.A. in Psychology. Several teachers told me I could pretty much do anything that I put my...

Updated 17 days ago

resume for craigslist - 5 Replies

What should I write for a resume on craigslist. Indeed won't allow me to post the link to it in here, so I had to write the whole thing in...

Shingami in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 17 days ago

How much money should you be making in your 20's? - 6 Replies

I graduated college and work two jobs and make about 39,000 a year. of course there are days I would like to make more but wouldn't we all?...

Michael in Andover, New Jersey

Will I be okay in IT without a degree?

Hi everyone, Please read the whole thing to better understand my situation. I just graduated from a tech school called Brandford Hall. I...

Updated 17 days ago

Where to go from here? (Career advice) - 20 Replies

So here's a tail of woe. Imagine a young person like me going through 6 years of college to earn a BS in Human services. Imagine that person rarin'...

Updated 17 days ago

FELONY CONVICTION IN 2006, NOT ON OTIS, DO I STILL HAVE TO MENTION IT? - 4 Replies

Hi, I was charged and convicted of 2 felony's Home invasion 2d degree in 2006... I successfully completed parole after 45 days in prison, finished...

Updated 17 days ago

Who is onlinedirectsourcing.com ? Is this a SCAM - 1 Reply

I received an email with a job posting. To apply the instructions require information to be sent to CFO@onlinedirectsourcing.com. Does anyone know...

Updated 17 days ago

Passive aggressive and belittling boss? Am I oversensitive? - 31 Replies

I am 23 years old and just started my second full time job out of college in December 2014. I have hardly any experience, so when my boss offered me...

Kate_outta_kontrol in deep in the heart of, Texas

Updated 17 days ago

Master's Degree Healthcare Admin CAN NOT FIND A JOB TO SAVE MY LIFE - 10 Replies

I really need your help. I have my Masters Degree in Healthcare Adminitration and Management and several years experience working for doctors. Over...

JobHero in New York, New York

The Basics to Cover Letter Success

We’ve gotten this question far too many times: "Should I even write a cover letter? Is it necessary?" Yes and yes. Write a cover letter. It doesn’t...

SDL in Saint Petersburg, Florida

Updated 18 days ago

"you should have got a worthwhile college Degree" - 29 Replies

What people who ask: "Why do people bother getting worthless degrees?" fail to realize is... ...if everyone majored in degree fields that are...

NE1 in Somewhere

Updated 18 days ago

Did you get a job because of the college you went to? - 6 Replies

I currently make $120K+ at my current job but my very first FT job was for this small consulting firm whose owner went to the same college as me. In...

tracy roberts in Orlando, Florida

Updated 18 days ago

This Is On An Application? Really? (What Are They Thinking?) - 34 Replies

I interviewed at a chiropractor's office today. On the application, it asked me for my husband's name. In addition, it asked if I had any kids,...

NeedRealjob in Saint Louis, Missouri

Updated 19 days ago

What am I doing wrong? Why can't I get a job? - 351 Replies

Hello. My name is Krista and I feel at a bit of a loss. You see my situation is very complicated. I'm 22 years old and I am unemployed. I have about...

Jury 14 in Hartford, Connecticut

Updated 19 days ago

I have issues with being late, and even though my boss says she doesn't care, is it possible she's lying? - 31 Replies

I can't seem to break this habit.. I'm always late for everything. It's just a weird aspect of my personality. Anyways, I'm late for work fairly...

EEO Guidlines in Cupertino, California

Updated 19 days ago

Employers asking for photo? - 36 Replies

This is a trend I'm beginning to see more frequently, especially in the entertainment industry. I'm not talking about an acting or spokesperson...

EconGuy in Cornelius, North Carolina

Updated 19 days ago

Unemployment 'timebomb' - 21 Replies

Just read in The Guardian. Youth unemployment 'a timebomb' in developing countries. 600 million youngsters competing for 200 million jobs in the...

Updated 19 days ago

MDS in India. What are the possible steps to practice in USA - 1 Reply

please help. Heard a lot that its tough, expensive etc etc...but donno the exact procedure and the cost of the study to be done. Please specify...

Updated 19 days ago

Anyone ever take a lower paying job closer to home - 4 Replies

Looking for feedback the commute to work is stressful, even being part time. Considering taking a job closer to home, but less pay. I make $450 a...

Hotdigggity in Toronto, Ontario

How to get Marine Job?

International Maritime Academy, the top marine engineering college in india offers 3 Years Compulsory Residential nautical science Course which will...

Grey Gordon in Toronto, Ontario

Updated 19 days ago

Topcoat Construction Limited (TCL Associates) - 5 Replies

Tips over hoe te repareren en onderhouden van uw huis Zelfs in de nasleep van kelderende prijzen van huizen in veel ontwikkelde landen als gevolg...

Bunnymp in Dallas, Texas

Bennett Jones: International Trade & Investment

Bennett Jones’ International Trade and Investment group is positioned in all aspects of international trade and investment law. Our members have a...

CrashOverride in Connecticut

Updated 20 days ago

Should I switch majors? (Biochemistry vs. Business type vs. both) - 10 Replies

Hi! I'm a sophomore at a private college. I lost my motivation in school last semester, and it carried over a bit into this semester. I still have a...

fl0722 in Florida

Updated 20 days ago

Is it time for change or time to stay put? - 19 Replies

Hi. I'm looking for general advice from independent, 3rd party folks like yourselves. My current employer "promoted" me as part of a reorg 7...

Michael in Ridgefield, New Jersey

Updated 20 days ago

Do I need to be a programmer to be successful in IT - 6 Replies

Hey everyone, Let me start off by explaining why I'm asking this. Eli the computer guy (YouTube person) said this is the only way to be...

BB in Annandale, Virginia

Updated 20 days ago

28 year old needs career advice! - 15 Replies

I'm a 28 year old man living in New York City. I hold a bachelor's degree in Business Marketing from the College of Staten Island. I graduated in...

Compsciclassof2017 in Hartford, Connecticut

QA vs Development Internship

Hey all, I recently got a QA Testing offer, but my ultimate goals are more leaning towards software development. I believe that any internship is...

zeltur3ly in North York, Ontario

Updated 21 days ago

Elliott Associates: They Market like They Own it - 5 Replies

Elliott Associates has this unique company motto that inspires its clients' complete trust: Marketing a property like they own it. Now, that is one...

Denny in El Paso, Texas

Seeking career direction after moving to USA from Australia

Hi everyone. I'm seeking some career advise as to what jobs here in the USA would suit my skill set and working background. Here is my working...

mike in Saint Albans, New York

Updated 21 days ago

UoP, Devry, Colorado Tech University, are these ok schools? What's better? - 15 Replies

Hello everyone, I'm looking into one of these colleges for IT. I currently work in the field, but I want to continue education. I unfortunately...

Updated 21 days ago

Will I ever get a job? - 54 Replies

I have been looking for a job since I was 17; I am now 19. The first job interview I had was at a movie theatre. I thought it went okay,...

xboxer in Cactus, Arizona

Updated 21 days ago

I don't understand it. - 9 Replies

From what we've all noticed, older workers are basically passed by in favor of younger ones, regardless of experience and education. And yet, not...

youdontkillmoney in Los Angeles, California

Updated 21 days ago

A way out of Sales... - 1 Reply

My professional career has consisted entirely of Sales positions, in which I have been moderately successful. I started my most recent position with...

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 21 days ago

Anyone ever done a video interview? - 1 Reply

Has anyone ever done a video interview? If so, where did you take it and how were questions asked? Do they just send a list of questions to answer?...

Calfornian in Hayward, California

Updated 22 days ago

Any Finance or Accounting Majors here? Frustrated engineer considering career change. - 5 Replies

I'm a 28 year old Software/Embedded Engineer (currently in the software field trying to find a PHP job). I'm on my fourth month looking for an...

NE1 in Somewhere

Updated 22 days ago

Working with Former Boss - 4 Replies

I am mid-level professional looking for a new job with a title and salary that better reflects my experience, as my current location cannot provide...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.