Career Advice

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

what do you want to do, where do you want to go?

Current Discussions (9021) - Start a Discussion

Michelle in Fenton, Missouri

Updated 4 months ago

Am I Making The Right Decision To Leave Current Job? - 1 Reply

Hey everyone, About 9 Month ago I joined a Drainage Company as an Engineer, carrying out all forms of Sewer/Drainage work, (I had no previous...

JobInterviewInAnotherState in Washington

Updated 4 months ago

Personal Marketing Firm- Paying a Recruiter to find you a job. Scam or real deal? - 425 Replies

I am in the early stages of a job search. I had a long discussion today with a man from ITS Personal Marketing. They are a national firm that...

Adventurer618 in Staten Island, New York

Updated 4 months ago

Put eBay Seller on Resume? - 9 Replies

Lately I've been selling off my possessions on eBay to try to get some money. What about putting 'eBay seller' on my resume as my most recent...

JessF in A Sandy Beach

Updated 4 months ago

Will passing CISA get me a job into IT Security - 3 Replies

Hi, I am currently in IT field for past 5 years ( started as helpdesk and now onto system administrator). However i feel exhausted as im unable to...

midnightsun911 in Los Angeles, California

Updated 4 months ago

Receiving response to follow-up thank you - 13 Replies

Had what I felt was a pretty good interview the other day, and as I always do, sent a short thank you email saying it was a pleasure speaking with...

Running on Empty in St Louis, Missouri

Updated 4 months ago

Career help-Should I get a second bachelor's degree? - 5 Replies

Hi everyone! I've recently graduated with a BA in English, but I find that my degree is for such a wide variety of careers that I'm not sure where...

ethoma12002 in Lafayette, Louisiana

Updated 4 months ago

Would you rather interview with a male or female? - 16 Replies

Would you rather interview with a male or female? Why?

ethoma12002 in Lafayette, Louisiana

Updated 4 months ago

need advice on an interview and application - 1 Reply

I previously worked in a restaurant with an open kitchen. One of the managers had a bad temper and was told numerous times to stop screaming and...

jareglaze in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Updated 4 months ago

Soon-to-be College Grad Economics/History Double Major Advice - 4 Replies

Hello, I am a college student expected to graduate next Winter 2016, and yes you read the title right, I am an Economics/History double major. The...

Running on Empty in St Louis, Missouri

Updated 4 months ago

need advice on an interview and application - 3 Replies

I previously worked in a restaurant with an open kitchen. One of the managers had a bad temper and was told numerous times to stop screaming and...

How to state a reason for leaving in Clarkston, Michigan

need advice on an interview and application

CORN in San Francisco, California

Updated 4 months ago

HELP finding an Entry level job - 5 Replies

I have a B.S. degree in electrical engineering and I have been out of school for a year now but I cannot find a job. I have applied to so many places...

Bob in New York, New York

Updated 4 months ago

working for a startup as a 1099 for 90 days then becoming w2.. negotiating salary and benefits help!! - 12 Replies

Hi everyone. I've been looking for work for a while and have not gotten any call backs besides this really cool opportunity to possibly work for a...

Michelle in Valley Park, Missouri

Updated 4 months ago

Coming from Small Business to Large Corporate - 5 Replies

I've only been in small firms with very strict rules, lots of work, and small salaries. I've finally got an offer to join a billion dollar...

XxJayvardxX in Santa Clara, California

I can't find a job with my experience level, and can't gain experience.

I recently (June 2017) graduated with a BS degree in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. I have 4+ years of classroom laboratory instruction, and...

Brittany in Sherrills Ford, North Carolina

Direct support coordinator

I have been applying to Qp and group home coordinator and management positions over the past month. I applied to a QP position and the HR head who...

Liliya L. in Montréal, Quebec

Updated 4 months ago

Stuck in choosing career, too many paths which is the right one - 11 Replies

hi there, well i have got stuck in choosing what career path i would like to do, i am 23 years old i have finished my high school but then after i...

glewis22 in Alpharetta, Georgia

Interior Design career advice

I graduated college with a BFA in interior design in 2008. At the time the economy was terrible and jobs were hard to find . I had to go into a...

Faces in Elmhurst, New York

Updated 5 months ago

Psych Review - 1 Reply

Call the nypd for my oral psych results and they say its still under review after two weeks? Do you know how long it takes to get off psych review...

Michael in Northampton, Massachusetts

Updated 5 months ago

Feel stuck in family business, help! - 1 Reply

Hello, I am in a huge career mistake/conundrum. Last year my dad asked me to join his retail business as a Buyer. I accepted. After a month or so...

AtExit8 in City, New Jersey

Updated 5 months ago

About a year with no job, is it time to give up? - 79 Replies

Topic says it all. Graduated college in Dec. 2012, and I was only able to land a temporary job as a grocery cashier (which lasted a month and yet I...

Updated 5 months ago

BSN or MBA? - 2 Replies

Hi friends, I'm a recent grad who majored in Healthcare Management in college. I have a pretty good corporate job doing administrative work for a...

Updated 5 months ago

Salary Expectations Not Disclosed by Employer - 9 Replies

I recently participated in a phone interview with a potential employer. The company had requested that I meet with them in person for an interview....

jobseeker_123 in Jersey City, New Jersey

Updated 5 months ago

how long to wait for counter-offer? - 14 Replies

i received a verbal job offer thursday 8/8/13. The salary was approx. 20% lower than I expected, even taking into consideration the...

Updated 5 months ago

Going back to Old Company after 5 months - 1 Reply

Hey folks so I left my old company 5 months ago for unionize job... and I figured this kind of job isn't something that I expected to...

Chris in Kitchener, Ontario

Going back to Old Company after 5 months

Hey folks so I left my old company 5 months ago for unionize job... and I figured this kind of job isn't something that I expected to...

tick tock tick tock in stamford, Connecticut

Updated 5 months ago

Salary Expectations Not Disclosed by Employer - 7 Replies

I recently participated in a phone interview with a potential employer. The company had requested that I meet with them in person for an interview....

May may in Virginia Beach, Virginia

Updated 5 months ago

Terminated After Two Months - 20 Replies

I was recently terminated after two months on the job. They said "my abilities were not improving at the rate we need them to be". I was still on...

DK in Minneapolis, Minnesota

Updated 5 months ago

getting a job these days is a joke... - 6 Replies

getting a job now is a joke...you could be the BEST candidate, smart, qualified and they'll still hire some idiot over you..you go to these stupid...

Shingami in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 5 months ago

Extremely frustrated job seeker - 9 Replies

Where do I start, if I could I would write to all my interviewers screw you all. Seriously, I ve been out of work for months now, I ve been on 7...

Updated 5 months ago

Graduated college 4 months ago and no one will hire me for entry level jobs - 2 Replies

Hi I am a 27 year old male. I graduated 4 months ago with a bachelors in molecular biology. Most people with this degree were applying to medical...

RolloofTheNorm in Sumter, South Carolina

Will I be able to find employment?

I'm 22 years old and want to become a software engineer. Back when I was 20 I got arrested and charged with a misdemeanor which resulted me in doing...

Sports321 in Toronto, Ontario

Career Change to Sales or to Academia

Hi, I have a university degree in the social sciences, and am considering making a career change to sales, or to academia. Most cases, careers in...

Michelle Greiwe in Michigan

Updated 5 months ago

Will US Bank hire people with bad credit? - 41 Replies

I have an offer contingent on a background check although I have no criminal activity my credit is bad. Will this alone keep me from getting my job?...

jprps in Toronto, Ontario

Updated 5 months ago

Interview tips for those who are bad with interviews - 16 Replies

14 years ago after graduation I failed to land a single job after 35 interviews, so I am here to give you tips that I have learned from my failures....

doing_nothing in Tulsa, Oklahoma

Updated 5 months ago

Stuck at 25 with a college degree and no career - 69 Replies

A job is essential in life. Without a job, unless you are on some form of welfare, have a trust fund or are supported by someone else you will end up...

AS1066 in Calgary, Alberta

Asking for a Leave of Absence to Travel

Looking for some advice or experience from anybody with a similar situation or experience. I am an professional engineer that has worked as a...

MongooseHugger in Peru, Illinois

Updated 6 months ago

Would you take a job that was beneath you if you were desperate - 28 Replies

By that I mean, would you take a job at a warehouse or fast food place if you have a degree just to pay the bills?

ewfwe4r43 in San Francisco, California

Updated 6 months ago

No Entry Levels Ever Around - 1 Reply

There are always hardly any entry level jobs around. Which is weird because they will off $8.25, but you have to have all this experience a long with...

Babyboss in Irving, Texas

Updated 6 months ago

How big of a deal is it to fabricate a resume (as a recent college graduate) - 35 Replies

I'll keep it very short. I wasn't able to work summers or during the regular jobs during school. I was swamped with summer courses, visiting...

Updated 6 months ago

How come job adds never list pay or salary? That would cut down on applicants and other issues. You go to an interview and may - 18 Replies

How come job adds never list pay or salary? That would cut down on applicants and other issues. You go to an interview and maybe get hired but...

tpain in CHESTER, Virginia

Updated 6 months ago

Roll Call: Are you unemployed? If so how long? Are you underemployed? If so how long? - 160 Replies

This thread is designed to get an idea of how many of us are unemployed/underemployed. I will start first. I have been underemployed for the past...

Michelle in Valley Park, Missouri

Updated 6 months ago

Graduated college 4 months ago and no one will hire me for entry level jobs - 6 Replies

Hi I am a 27 year old male. I graduated 4 months ago with a bachelors in molecular biology. Most people with this degree were applying to medical...

unknown in Fremont, California

Changing career from Semiconductor to IT

How easy is it to change career from Semiconductor Project Management to Software Project Management? Have over 13 years of IT experience. Now due to...

Keith Wolf in Houston, Texas

Updated 6 months ago

Resume writing services?? - 54 Replies

Have you used them and do you find them helpful? Positive or negative experiences across the board please??

Stephen in Worth, Illinois

Updated 6 months ago

29 and looking to switch careers (Trades) - 5 Replies

I'm at a pivotal point in my life right now... I'm 29, a recent Office Administration graduate and currently working 2 jobs: - P/T Office...

_MisterE_ in Georgia

Updated 6 months ago

After a year and a half, feeling more and more defeated - 6 Replies

Hello everyone! Thank you for taking time to read everything below. I'll do my best to summarize everything and highlight the important facts. I...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.