2 years after graduation and still no job. Advice for finance major

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 52)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

PHR in Chicago, Illinois

47 months ago

Move to a larger city like Chicago, theres an actually a UF alumni bar here and they're always throwing networking mixers - brush up on your excel skills- theres demand or finance majors who can navigate excel - start looking at the consulting firms (Accenture, Deloitte, etc) and then move on to the manufacturing, tech industries, also software sales is booming here. but bottom line is you should move

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Looking 4 Anything in Pueblo, Colorado

47 months ago

They say that Denver is the "Financial Capital of the West," but I know a handful of people who recently graduated with degrees in accounting/finance who are having a helluva time finding employment in the Denver.

The job market in Colorado is pretty rough right now, so I would suggest looking for work in an area that hasn't been hit as hard by the recession. Take a look at places like Oklahoma City, Omaha, and Minneapolis/St. Paul. Another poster suggested Chicago, but I keep hearing that the Chicago job market is just as bad as other big cities like New York and LA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MirloZ in Brookline, Massachusetts

47 months ago

Hi,
I relate a little to your situation. I graduated from college with a BS in Finance and it took me about 7 months to find paying job. Like you, most of the offers i had were for sales positions, which i didn't want to do. My only difference was that i had 3 internships in my pocket (so about 3 years of experience). Times are tough, especially for finance majors, because we have to compete with people that lost their job but have many years of experience.

My advice to you, which i am sure many people have told you, is to keep applying everywhere. One thing i have learned from one of my internships was that even if you don't match the criteria (within reason. EX. if they say 3 years of experience required, that doesn't necessarily mean that you would be disqualified) of the job description, you should apply. You will find some great info here www.CareerInfo411.com. Sometimes they just overstate the qualifications. Not long after i landed an interview with a private equity firm, and in the job description and qualifications it was required a minimum of 5 years of experience. I work there now.

My 2nd advice to you is, as you wait for a response try to get an UNPAID internship (something to do with business). I understand that it is a turnoff because you don't make money. But what people fail to realize is that: More info here(www.CareerInfo411.com)
1) You don't have to commit for a long time (3 or 4 months)
2) Since it is not paid, you are guaranteed an excellent recommendation from the employer. It looks great.
3) You work only part time. There are plenty of companies that are looking for a maximum 0f 15 hours per week.

My last advice is to look for positions in Universities. One of the main things these institutions focus is diversity (age, sex, race, ethnicity). It is a huge deal for them, and they hire a lot of out of college people. One of the easiest positions you can get in a university is ACCOUNTS PAYABLE. great entry level position. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Heyyy in Lady Lake, Florida

47 months ago

Hi OP,

I'm a recent UF grad (2010) without a full time job, too. I work as a sub now as I try to find a relative FT job. After reading suggestions online, I'm going to call career services and see if I can get in contact with any alumni willing to listen. Like someone said before, find a Gator club and start networking!

Realizing my one year is quickly approaching, I have to be more proactive than applying to online job postings.

I wish you much success. Let us know if anything works out for you.

Go Gators!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bella in Santee, California

47 months ago

OMG,same here!!! 2 years ago I graduated in Finance and moved to Europe to travel. I got back a month ago and here I am..:(( I apply everywhere every day. and nothing. And to my sadness, I found out it does not help to have friends who work in the same field. Nobody even wants to help out,it's like they are so proud to have a job after begging and kissing a"" of everyone they knew, that they want me to go through the same path. But ,hey...I believe it's best to never ask help from those who know you need it and can help , if they would help they would do it without me asking. For now, I don't lose my hope. I hated Finance on the first place..so I apply everywhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Anna in Las Cruces, New Mexico

46 months ago

I asked someone who works for a large company if he would forward a resume from a recent college grad to his manager. He said no because he didn't want any competition from someone younger. Dog-eat-dog world...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Diana in Ryde, Australia

46 months ago

Hi Everyone,

Reading the responses so far and I have to say there is some really good basic advice there. I have one think I would like to add:

Didn’t you say you had a minor in entrepreneurship...well one obvious option would to be to use this and make your own opportunities. As an employer I would be hugely inspired if I sore on your CV that you spent 2 years working in your own small business and was able to keep it and yourself afloat...that is if you want to go back into employment after being our own boss.

This is the perfect time to start a business, and there are so many types of business that don’t require very much up front capital, just time. So what are you waiting for start proving what you learnt and take the risk and live a life of immersion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Honeymoon Suite in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

36 months ago

The job market in OKC is pretty bleak. My comrads and I have still found hard times after we graduated. One friend got a masters and still no work. Maybe Obama can bring the economy back up and companies will start hiring.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

MD in Seattle, Washington

36 months ago

Wow, and you went to UF?! That's considered a "public Ivy"! Yikes!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

willeducate4money in Conyers, Georgia

13 months ago

DJM2011 in Westminster, Colorado said: Hello,

I have come to a spot where I need to reach out and ask the advice of people who have been put in my position. I am a 23 year old graduate from UF with a Bachelor's degree in finance and a minor in entrepreneurship. I graduated in May 2009, and since then have not been able to find a steady job.

For the past two years, the only positions I have been able to obtain where sales jobs that were almost all commission only. During my time at these jobs I realized sales is not for me, but unfortunately, that is all that I seem to be offered.

I would love to pursue a career that follows the educational path that I took. Unfortunately, " entry -level" seems to mean "at least 2 years of experience". I have a 3.49 GPA, yet MAYBE a combined total of 1 year of relevant work experience (and a lot of that experience is just supervisory work for a family company).

I moved to Colorado 4 months ago in hope that I could find a better job out here. Again, I have found no hope. I pursue every " entry level " finance, ar/ap clerk , accounting assistant , clerical , administrative , or general management job I can find on every job posting board I know.

To be honest, I never thought I would find myself in this position. I've researched companies that are most likely to hire out of college (Enterprise, Target, Etc.) but apparently could not make it through their application processes. I need to get my foot in the door somewhere. And I need it to start earning money. Please Help!

Help has arrived. I feel for your situation, it's disheartening to be in your position and college goers never believe they will be in such a position, but here we all are educated and/or experienced, but no job or hope of a job. I work for a very reputable finance company who's looking not just for anybody, but the right somebody. Commit, Don't Quit!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

willeducate4money in Conyers, Georgia

13 months ago

Bella in Santee, California said: OMG,same here!!! 2 years ago I graduated in Finance and moved to Europe to travel. I got back a month ago and here I am..:(( I apply everywhere every day. and nothing. And to my sadness, I found out it does not help to have friends who work in the same field. Nobody even wants to help out,it's like they are so proud to have a job after begging and kissing a"" of everyone they knew, that they want me to go through the same path. But ,hey...I believe it's best to never ask help from those who know you need it and can help , if they would help they would do it without me asking. For now, I don't lose my hope. I hated Finance on the first place..so I apply everywhere.

You may hate finance, but would you hate it if it allowed you the freedom to do what you want when you want without the worries of, do I have the time and money to pursue it? Would you hate it if it was worthwhile to everyone on the planet whether they realized it or not and would you hate it if it changed your life forever? I'm glad you continue to have hope. With hope all things are possible and it's surely possible to use this as a means of getting you where you want, to do what makes you happy. I didn't wake up one morning and say I want to work in finance, but I saw the bigger picture of the opportunity it provides for me to get where I want and to live the life I only dreamed of. You must have big dreams yourself. What do you have to lose? I'm in finance with a very reputable company who is expanding looking NOW for the right people. Are you the talent we're looking for? Commit, Don't Quit!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Need New Job in Chicago, Illinois

13 months ago

Why do people dig up 2 year old threads to spew this crap?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

John in MD in Catonsville, Maryland said: They have absolutely nothing better to do as far as I can figure. I mean, really, with a screen name like that posting in a "discussion" that includes a "still no job".....

LOL And we're here at 4:30am. What does that say about us?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

John in MD in Catonsville, Maryland

13 months ago

That our sleep schedules are massively messed up? :)

(The past couple days, I've gotten up in the middle of the *(&%$% night.... literally....unable to get back to sleep)

13 months ago

John in MD in Catonsville, Maryland said: That our sleep schedules are massively messed up? :)

(The past couple days, I've gotten up in the middle of the *(&%$% night.... literally....unable to get back to sleep)

I live by college students. My sleep schedule matches their parties.

My kids and husband sleep right through it. I sort of want to go next door and join them though.

Getting old sucks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

Need New Job in Chicago, Illinois said:

Getting old sucks.

and certainly isn't for the faint of heart.... or wussies......

I live close to some universities, but thankfully not as close as you. I, also, would be tempted to go join them for something to do.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

unemployed princess in Mesquite, Texas

13 months ago

see this is why i am skeptical about transferring to a university. I do not even have a bachelors degree and i have done my research on incorporating my major with the real world but when i see people with degrees not getting stable jobs it is a bit discouraging. I hope things work out, keep us posted

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

un ignore ^ post i thought this was a new thread

Calfornian in Hayward, California

13 months ago

While looking for a place to live I've found 3 things: crime, college students, and, well, I haven't found a Trump Towers.

One of the places I went to, which is literally 100 yards from the beach, had college team flags outside the apartments and it looked like a giant frat party waiting to happen. It's probably not like that, or that bad, but it screamed college.

I just looked at it and thought "I'm too old for this".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

Calfornian in Hayward, California said: While looking for a place to live I've found 3 things: crime, college students, and, well, I haven't found a Trump Towers.

One of the places I went to, which is literally 100 yards from the beach, had college team flags outside the apartments and it looked like a giant frat party waiting to happen. It's probably not like that, or that bad, but it screamed college.

lol i feel the same way and i am only 22, however i just finished completing my first 2 years at a community college, i feel like i am missing out, but at the same time i feel as if i am not in the mood to owe the government over 50,000 either

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

13 months ago

Calfornian in Hayward, California said: While looking for a place to live I've found 3 things: crime, college students, and, well, I haven't found a Trump Towers.

Noooooo! I had a friend who lived in Huntington Beach, CA just steps from the beach and during the summer months it was Animal House every night.

Old people need their rest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

13 months ago

Whenever you buy your first home, ignore the size of the bedrooms and the 1970 flowery wall paper. That can all be replaced.

Drive by the house on a Saturday night and then again on Sunday morning. Toys in the yards, motorcycles on the porch and the lack of street parking makes it a "No Hire".

13 months ago

Oh, as far as owning goes, that's gonna be awhile. Where I live now you can find condos in the $300K range, or head East, and enjoy very long drives to were the work is. Where I'm going is actually just as expensive but the salaries are lower. If I manage a couple of promotions and significant raises over the next 5 years, maybe. Otherwise, I'm probably a renter for life.

Unhappilyunemployed in Pennsylvania

13 months ago

Need New Job in Chicago, Illinois said: I live by college students. My sleep schedule matches their parties.

My kids and husband sleep right through it. I sort of want to go next door and join them though.

Getting old sucks.

Funny how that happens. My other half and I will sometimes go up to the local pub and chuckle about how we are there to get away from our kids (all adults). Judging by the demographics of the crowd, we fit right in. I would love to take a count how many of these nice, middle class, middle aged farts are up there because they also have had kids move back home and/or have careers that have been slammed by this economy? We figure a pitcher of beer and wings is a lot cheaper than Prozac and psychotherapy. LOL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Noooooo! I had a friend who lived in Huntington Beach, CA just steps from the beach and during the summer months it was Animal House every night.

Old people need their rest.

I'm with you there. I could never live or vacation any where near that scene. Peace and quiet is a real luxury to me these days.

13 months ago

Unhappilyunemployed in Pennsylvania said: Funny how that happens. My other half and I will sometimes go up to the local pub and chuckle about how we are there to get away from our kids (all adults). Judging by the demographics of the crowd, we fit right in.

I spend time in local watering holes any chance I get. It's my only hopes for an adult conversation.

When I was pregnant (and I obviously wasn't at bars then), every conversation revolved around how awesome being pregnant was, what color diaper bag I should get to coordinate with my winter coat, and why if I didn't spend $800 on the yuppie stroller, I was a bad mommy.

When I first gave birth, every conversation revolved around spit up. Oh, and because I wasn't breast feeding, I was a bad mommy.

When they were toddlers, every conversation revolved around someone else's kids. Why they were so smart and so gifted. I may be the only parent who looks at mine and thinks, average (I blame my husband's genes. He's got some winners in his bloodline). Now I'm told I'm a poopy mommy because they weren't enrolled in piano lessons by age 3. Oh and also because I let them watch old VHS tape of the Animaiacs. Apparently some feel that wasn't appropriate. But I'm sorry. Dora the Explorer sucks.

Now, that they are in school, I try to avoid all parental conversation other than to arrange a play date. I'm sick of hearing about how special someone's kid is while simultaneously being informed that I'm a bad mommy. Frankly, I think my 5 year old is more capable of demonstrating self awareness and intelligent thought.

Is it any wonder that a reluctant parent seeks solace in the one place that children are verboten?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

Need New Job in Chicago, Illinois said: I spend time in local watering holes any chance I get. It's my only hopes for an adult conversation.

When I was pregnant (and I obviously wasn't at bars then), every conversation revolved around how awesome being pregnant was, what color diaper bag I should get to coordinate with my winter coat, and why if I didn't spend $800 on the yuppie stroller, I was a bad mommy.

When I first gave birth, every conversation revolved around spit up. Oh, and because I wasn't breast feeding, I was a bad mommy.

When they were toddlers, every conversation revolved around someone else's kids. Why they were so smart and so gifted. I may be the only parent who looks at mine and thinks, average (I blame my husband's genes. He's got some winners in his bloodline). Now I'm told I'm a poopy mommy because they weren't enrolled in piano lessons by age 3. Oh and also because I let them watch old VHS tape of the Animaiacs. Apparently some feel that wasn't appropriate. But I'm sorry. Dora the Explorer sucks.

Now, that they are in school, I try to avoid all parental conversation other than to arrange a play date. I'm sick of hearing about how special someone's kid is while simultaneously being informed that I'm a bad mommy. Frankly, I think my 5 year old is more capable of demonstrating self awareness and intelligent thought.

Is it any wonder that a reluctant parent seeks solace in the one place that children are verboten?

You are not alone NNJ. I was never one of those nauseating yuppee type moms. I always had to work, so I hardly had the time to dote on some of these things you described.

Just last Sunday, my hubby and I visited a small, local art museum. I was shocked at all the little kids running amok, screaming and carrying on while their clueless parents looked on with painted smiles on their faces. I swear they all must be on something.

I love my kids, but I have a life too.

13 months ago

Unhappilyunemployed in Pennsylvania said: You are not alone NNJ. I was never one of those nauseating yuppee type moms. I always had to work, so I hardly had the time to dote on some of these things you described.

Just last Sunday, my hubby and I visited a small, local art museum. I was shocked at all the little kids running amok, screaming and carrying on while their clueless parents looked on with painted smiles on their faces. I swear they all must be on something.

And not to pick on the upper class, but they seem to be the most guilty of putting their little "entitlements", front and center, probably because they don't have to work and their kids become their whole lives.

And to think that is my competition now in the work place? Uuugh. I'm definitely due a pitcher and wings night.

13 months ago

Unhappilyunemployed in Pennsylvania said: And not to pick on the upper class, but they seem to be the most guilty of putting their little "entitlements", front and center, probably because they don't have to work and their kids become their whole lives.

And to think that is my competition now in the work place? Uuugh. I'm definitely due a pitcher and wings night.

It seems to me to be more of a middle class thing where they aspire to be upper class.

The true upper class hands the kids off to the nannies.

13 months ago

Need New Job in Chicago, Illinois said: It seems to me to be more of a middle class thing where they aspire to be upper class.

The true upper class hands the kids off to the nannies.

Yup. This is true. I live in a very unique area where there is some real wealth, right next door to the working class. I guess we am there in the middle somewhere, but I personally could never relate to the mothers that spent their days pampering themselves and their kids. The one great thing I can say about my kids is that they are not spoiled. Pain in the tuckass sometimes, but not spoiled.

13 months ago

usual typos galore..."am" > "are"

13 months ago

My sister-in-law married into some real money. Her husband (and now their son) are trust fund brats and are hand raised by the best nannies/tutors/tennis coaches money can buy. I can't say that I'm not a little jealous, but I think my kids have a better shot at success. Eventually that money will be gone - They don't work. They just live on the trust fund. My kids have dealt with a couple of changes in lifestyle when my husband and I have had tough luck with our job situations. But for them, it means I make them Mac-n-Cheese out of the generic box from Aldi instead of from scratch when we are on a budget. We teach them to live within their means. Never too young to start that lesson.

When my nephew's family has to cut budgets, he will have to adjust to someone not waiting on him hand and foot, as well as not buying the best of everything (seriously, he's in second grade and his wardrobe cost more than mine)

Beth in Plano in Plano, Texas

13 months ago

Approx how much is their trust fund ?

13 months ago

Beth in Plano in Plano, Texas said: Approx how much is their trust fund ?

Doesn't come up at family gatherings.

Bluetea in Texas

13 months ago

I use to work in a bank and some of those trust funds are huge. Not Paris Hilton huge but there is no need to ever split a sandwich.

13 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: I use to work in a bank and some of those trust funds are huge. Not Paris Hilton huge but there is no need to ever split a sandwich.

Wanna share a dinosaur leg for dinner tonight? I'm hungry.....

13 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: I use to work in a bank and some of those trust funds are huge. Not Paris Hilton huge but there is no need to ever split a sandwich.

I don't think it is Paris Hilton huge. It is more like my sister-in-law's husband's father was a marginally successful professional athlete in the 60s and 70s huge. Big enough that I'm sure I could live well on it. Not big enough to last forever with the way they live. They live very large (put it this way... They bought an apartment in the same building that Oprah lives in, just in case they were out in that neighborhood and didn't want to wait for their driver to come take them back to the mansion, which is 5 blocks away). They are generous to a fault. You go out with them, they cover everything. It's great that they have big hearts, but I doubt they are living off the interest. Once you start grabbing the principal, it's as good as gone.

unemployed princess

13 months ago

Funny this young lady who was in the same class as me in my community college told the professor she is waiting for a trust fund that she can't get until she is 21. She looked older than me. And what was she doing in a community college if she is has a trust fund? She even bragged it had alot of money.

Bluetea in Texas

13 months ago

Need New Job in Chicago, Illinois said: I don't think it is Paris Hilton huge. It is more like my sister-in-law's husband's father was a marginally successful professional athlete in the 60s and 70s huge. Big enough that I'm sure I could live well on it. Not big enough to last forever with the way they live. They live very large (put it this way... They bought an apartment in the same building that Oprah lives in, just in case they were out in that neighborhood and didn't want to wait for their driver to come take them back to the mansion, which is 5 blocks away). They are generous to a fault. You go out with them, they cover everything. It's great that they have big hearts, but I doubt they are living off the interest. Once you start grabbing the principal, it's as good as gone.

Some Doomsday economists predict that the End Cometh in about 18 years. Social Security will be broke and most of the inheritance money will have run out by then.

This scenario is supposedly even more plausible than the Mayan calendar one.

13 months ago

Need New Job in Chicago, Illinois said: My sister-in-law married into some real money. Her husband (and now their son) are trust fund brats and are hand raised by the best nannies/tutors/tennis coaches money can buy. I can't say that I'm not a little jealous, but I think my kids have a better shot at success. Eventually that money will be gone - They don't work. They just live on the trust fund. My kids have dealt with a couple of changes in lifestyle when my husband and I have had tough luck with our job situations. But for them, it means I make them Mac-n-Cheese out of the generic box from Aldi instead of from scratch when we are on a budget. We teach them to live within their means. Never too young to start that lesson.

When my nephew's family has to cut budgets, he will have to adjust to someone not waiting on him hand and foot, as well as not buying the best of everything (seriously, he's in second grade and his wardrobe cost more than mine)

Can well relate! I am so glad now that I did not have things easy. It gave me survival skills on so many levels and a sense of gratitude I may not have, had I had it too easy. Money is a wonderful thing to have if you obtain it through hard work and perseverance and you can remember your blessings in your every day life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

I too worked in a bank in my young years and saw some of those trust funds too...LOL. The funniest thing was seeing the bank accounts of my previous boss. Of course I kept that to myself, but was blown away by some of those numbers. I made minimum for him.

13 months ago

unemployed princess said: Funny this young lady who was in the same class as me in my community college told the professor she is waiting for a trust fund that she can't get until she is 21. She looked older than me. And what was she doing in a community college if she is has a trust fund? She even bragged it had alot of money.

I would never think to brag about such a thing. Maybe I fear Karma, but bragging like that shows how shallow and insecure someone really is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

Lots of people that got a bunch of money at a young age (20's-30's) tend to blow the cash and not invest it. Compounding interest is your friend, so are dividends.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

Give a $$$ amount. I'm curious wondering the amount...

13 months ago

A fool and their money are soon parted.....

13 months ago

Need New Job in Chicago, Illinois said: A fool and their money are soon parted.....

Then how do the fools in congress have so much more money than me?

Bluetea in Texas

13 months ago

Beth in Plano in Plano, Texas said: Give a $$$ amount. I'm curious wondering the amount...

$1,000 was often deposited into their accounts at the 1st of every month and this was 30 years ago.

There was no online banking then so the "kids" would often come in and make cash withdrawals. Most of them went to college. Some of them were nasty to us.

That and slinging hashbrowns taught me that working with the public was not for me.

catfish503 in portland, Oregon

13 months ago

Unhappilyunemployed in Pennsylvania said: You are not alone NNJ. I was never one of those nauseating yuppee type moms. I always had to work, so I hardly had the time to dote on some of these things you described.

It drives me crazy when I see kids at a restaurant misbehaving and acting like animals and the parents either ignore them or say something like "ok little Johnny, do you want time out when we get home"? Or "they're just a kid and that's what kids do". Ok, maybe in your home but not in a restaurant! When my kids went out in public strangers would come up to me complimenting on how well behaved they were...they were pretty shocked that young boys would say please, thank-you and show genuine manners. ;0

13 months ago

Many years ago I sold consumer electronics. A couple of fathers came in with their kids to buy some video stuff. The kids were rotten beyond belief.

The video salesmen brought them over to us to babysit. The kids had some toy and they were shooting us with them. It was like a rubber band and they'd run up hit you almost tackle you, jump on you, etc.. They were completely out of control the likes of which I'd never seen before or since. They should have been thrown out of the store, along with their parents, but since they were looking at video stuff that wasn't going to happen.

It still makes me angry thinking about it.

13 months ago

catfish503 in portland, Oregon said: It drives me crazy when I see kids at a restaurant misbehaving and acting like animals and the parents either ignore them or say something like "ok little Johnny, do you want time out when we get home"? Or "they're just a kid and that's what kids do". Ok, maybe in your home but not in a restaurant! When my kids went out in public strangers would come up to me complimenting on how well behaved they were...they were pretty shocked that young boys would say please, thank-you and show genuine manners. ;0

It's not the kids that bothers me. They are just doing what kids are predisposed to do - push the limits. It's the parents that allow it that bother me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.