After interviews are over, questions to ask HR hiring manager and how to answer some questions?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Intern in Pemberton, New Jersey

15 months ago

(Not asking about what to ask after interview with HR department person or during the interview. All my search results give me questions to ask right after a specific interview. After doing all interviews with the company, I'm at the final stage and was wondering what to ask.)

So I had interviews for a company, and I think I did pretty well in the interviews. So after the interviews, HR hiring manager contacted me to 'follow up'.
I did not know what to expect and what to ask during this 'follow up'.

So human resource manager contacted me to follow up and ask me some general questions.
How do you answer questions such as:

If you receive two job offers from two different companies, what are the three most important factors you consider when you choose a job?

(Argh... I was asked another question that I was not sure how to answer.... If I can remember I'll write it later...)

What other general questions do HR hiring manager ask after the interviews? How do you answer them?
Also, what are some good questions to ask after every interview is over?

Also, what is the final job search process like after the interviews?
After your interview, you send a thank you letter.
Follow up to human resource hiring manager.
Get an offer.
Negotiate salary/packages.
Move to the job location.
I would appreciate any comments or any suggestions if I'm missing. This is my first time job seeking process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Oh few things I can think of for the final hiring process is:
checking reference
background check
drug test

BB E in New Jersey

15 months ago

As a recruiter, this is not a common practice which is why you were not able to find anything online.

This is the 'Hail Mary' at the end of a successful recruiting process. Successful in that there are 2-3 candidates that exceeded expectations in the interview process and the HR Rep, or Company in general is unable to make a definite decision. Yes you did that well..

The problem is the questions you were asked were random and took you by surprise on purpose to weed out the other one or two candidates that you are competing against. There is no way to prepare for these as they are made up last minute by the recruiter to give them an edge in the decision process.

If you get the job Kudos if not, remember you had good competition, and try to remember your demeanor during these interviews it obviously worked!

Hope this answers your question. Good Luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Oh whoa....

So this 'follow up' was 'Hail Mary'?!!
HR manager first asked me questions like salary expectation, location pref etc. (which are easy to answer as I researched on the internet), and then there were few questions that made me to think for 2~3 seconds...
I thought this was just a general final hiring procedure questions for any other companies....
I thought all companies just ask this kind of questions after the interviews, but I guess this could have been another interview... oh god =(

Now I'm worried.. I hope I answered the questions well... I dont even remember what the questions were and how I answered them.....

BB E in New Jersey

15 months ago

NO Stress!! Always answer honestly, never let anyone make you question your integrity.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.