Anyone Else Bothered by This Commercial

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Almost Suicidal in San Antonio, Texas

23 months ago

You get out of your luxury be and have your luxury shower, drink your luxury coffee, leave your luxury house, and get into your luxury car. Snob appeal?

Really, I'm watching CNN cover the floods we are having today. Last commercial break:
1) buy a cadillac
2) invest your retirement account
3) vacation in beautiful wherever

Went out to do a few errands earlier, I am amazed, everywhere I look people in new cars, out buying new cell phones, flat screen TVs. The shopping malls are packed.

I'm glad my ex is doing well, and I know my daughter will be fine, but could I just get a break here. My daughter is home from college for the summer. We were at Home Depot the other day and she said "I love this store." I said "so many pretty things I can't afford." She said, "When I make it big, I'm going to buy you all the pretty things you want, AND a the jacuzzi your've always wanted."

I'm touched, but I'm educated, smart, and willing to work hard. The idea that my daughter is thinking about providing for my future makes me very sad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

23 months ago

Almost Suicidal in San Antonio, Texas said: You get out of your luxury be and have your luxury shower, drink your luxury coffee, leave your luxury house, and get into your luxury car. Snob appeal?

Really, I'm watching CNN cover the floods we are having today. Last commercial break:
1) buy a cadillac
2) invest your retirement account
3) vacation in beautiful wherever

Went out to do a few errands earlier, I am amazed, everywhere I look people in new cars, out buying new cell phones, flat screen TVs. The shopping malls are packed.

I'm glad my ex is doing well, and I know my daughter will be fine, but could I just get a break here. My daughter is home from college for the summer. We were at Home Depot the other day and she said "I love this store." I said "so many pretty things I can't afford." She said, "When I make it big, I'm going to buy you all the pretty things you want, AND a the jacuzzi your've always wanted."

I'm touched, but I'm educated, smart, and willing to work hard. The idea that my daughter is thinking about providing for my future makes me very sad.

No, don't watch news sponsors. I am in marketing and news channels especially national news has one of the highest percentage of upper income demographics. Every TV program has a demographic sheet: young, male, teen, family, seniors, gay, Hispanic, high income, etc.

As for shopping malls,, whenever we need a "man on the street" opinion, you send them to trendy neighborhoods. You never send a reporter to a trailer park to get an opinion. LOL!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Almost Suicidal in San Antonio, Texas

23 months ago

"As for shopping malls,, whenever we need a "man on the street" opinion, you send them to trendy neighborhoods. You never send a reporter to a trailer park to get an opinion"

My roommate subscribes to the Sunday NYTs. All the ads: Cartier, Rolex, Gucci, Fine Art, Rare Books. Geez....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

William Gast in Burtonsville, Maryland

23 months ago

Honestly, it's one of the most obnoxious commercials ever, and I heard it wasn't even that great of a car.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Plano in Plano, Texas

23 months ago

Lots of Americans buy crap they can't afford.

I was at a car repair shop getting my oil changed (2003 Civic with 180,000 miles) and a guy walks into the shop asking to speak to the owner and tells him he is there to Repo a customer's BMW X5 suv. There is a $700 repair that needs to be paid before the shop allows the bank to Repo the BMW. The bank agreed to pay the shop $700 and repossessed the BMW.

There are tons of Americans that refuse to accept they are middle-class. That Acura commercial is what idiots see on TV and buy it because they think they deserve a nice vehicle even though the should drive a econobox.

For those who make good money, all it takes is a lay off for their house of cards (big loans) to come crashing down on them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.