Congressional Investigation into Taleo?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 118)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Send Taleo Executives to Jail in Anonymous Proxy

14 months ago

We need a congressional investigation into Taleo for purposely wasting people's time. With all the unemployed people in America, we should NOT have a company like Taleo jacking people around for 2 hours just to fill out a job application.

We need to get people back to work, not have them spend the whole evening running some made-up obstacle course just so the HR departments have a lighter work load! Companies that use Taleo need tax penalties. There are companies like ZipRecruiter, and Dice that can refine applicants with questions based on job skills, not like Taleo that simply uses abusive "sorry, 08 is not a year, please re-enter all the the information on this page" tactics.

Americans need to stand up to this nonsense dished out by the corporate over-lords. If you get sent to a Taleo powered website, do a simple Google search for "Taleo comments" and find some sites to comment on. There are plenty of "Taleo Hate" sites. If you just lay down and take the abuse like livestock, you are part of the problem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

14 months ago

Send Taleo Executives to Jail in Anonymous Proxy said: We need a congressional investigation into Taleo for purposely wasting people's time. With all the unemployed people in America, we should NOT have a company like Taleo jacking people around for 2 hours just to fill out a job application.

We need to get people back to work, not have them spend the whole evening running some made-up obstacle course just so the HR departments have a lighter work load! Companies that use Taleo need tax penalties. There are companies like ZipRecruiter, and Dice that can refine applicants with questions based on job skills, not like Taleo that simply uses abusive "sorry, 08 is not a year, please re-enter all the the information on this page" tactics.

Americans need to stand up to this nonsense dished out by the corporate over-lords. If you get sent to a Taleo powered website, do a simple Google search for "Taleo comments" and find some sites to comment on. There are plenty of "Taleo Hate" sites. If you just lay down and take the abuse like livestock, you are part of the problem.

Well, its not really Taleo. Oracle bought them last year for almost 2 billion dollars.

Do you hear that cash register ringing? Politicians do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lolapaloo in Reynoldsburg, Ohio

14 months ago

At first I thought this was maybe tongue-in-cheek, but it actually makes sense. I'm sure the unemployment bureaus of every state have lower weekly payouts if Taleo didn't exist.

What can we do though? Is there a way to get back at Taleo? Is there a way to get back at the companies that use Taleo?

And really though, why do big companies use this piece of sh** anyway???? Is it really that Taleo creates such a huge barrier to applying for a job that they get fewer applications? That's really obscene! Or as mentioned in another thread, they want fewer Americans to apply so they have an excuse to hire foreigners? Disgusting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

14 months ago

It's not just Taleo.Kinexa, Brassring and ICMS are the same. It's the entire ATS (applicant tracking system) regardless of the name brand. It is all a colossal waste of time that gets you absolutely nowhere. I have blacklisted companies that require you to apply online. I see that damned logo on the bottom of the page, I EXIT RIGHT OUT.Most of them are large corporations like F500, F100, etc. These programs are designed to filter people out. They want fewer people to apply. They want less work. Bottom line. They have their favorites and other nepotists to choose from. They don't want you and me, even if we are qualified.They arrogantly assume everybody and their mother is dying to get hired by them. They have an overinflated sense of themselves. This online applicant tracking insanity spree began around the recession, in 2007. I refuse to accept that this is the new norm. I still won't apply that way. I choose to use craigslist, local newspapers, directories, use fax, use email to actual people and departments, and network. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY IN THIS ORWELLIAN PRESENT. YOU WANT TO LIVE, FORGET ONLINE APPLICATIONS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

14 months ago

Why do I get the sneaking feeling that Bluetea is actually all of these posters except Grant. The woman is obsessed with Taleo.

This is why I like Craigslist. With Craigslist there is a high chance that someone takes a look at your resume AND all you do is email your resume. Quick, Quick, Quick. The way it should be, be, be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lolapaloo in Reynoldsburg, Ohio

14 months ago

I'm not Bluetea either. Just sick of the abuse from Taleo.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

I'm just messing dude. This Bluetea chick is scary obsessed with Taleoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoe.

Have a nice night.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

job4mesoon

14 months ago

Two hours to apply to a Taleo application? Wow…takes me 20 minutes, but I generally spend 30 minutes making sure everything is in order.

I made a Word document with all my qualifications, accomplishments, employment time, reasons why I left, references, and any other useful past experience in one spot. I used the first 50 or so job descriptions I applied to, for relaying the correct phrases in accordance to the type of job.

It’s all cut and paste for me, gotta create efficiencies in the inefficient hiring process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tony b in France

13 months ago

A Taleo application takes me at least an hour - register, confirm email, save new password in password list, copy everything in my resume one-by-one to their form, answer questions, put my whole life history in it, read rules and regulations, answer skill questions, sign release forms, answer all the felony driving history questions, put in my references information, social security number, etc. It takes a long time. After a few times, I realized it's just not worth it.

But actually I thought this thread was about their illegal questions, like why do they need our high school graduation date? They are obviously trying to figure out our age. I thought that was illegal.

And this whole thing "we posted the job on the Taleo site, but no Americans applied, so we are going to recruit from India now", that's probably illegal to.

Oracle's public image just gets lower and lower and lower.

What other stuff do they do that's illegal? So far, age discrimination and H-1B fraud.

Isn't there something with the collection of SSN? I remember banks got in trouble some years ago using SSN, and they had to switch. And what about all the law questions like "have you ever had a felony?" Isn't there some 5 year limit on that? And "have you ever been arrested for DUI?" ... You can get arrested for ANYTHING if a cop doesn't like you. If they even have a right to ask, they should ask about convictions not arrests.

Highest level of education is another one. my girlfriend went to college part-time for five years and finished 2 1/2 years of credit, but never finished her BS, what does she put? Associates? or just High School? Her "level of education" is associates, but her highest degree is high school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

Impossible to do a Taleo app in 20 minutes. Minimum 45 minutes if your double checking your entries.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Silver Spring, Maryland

13 months ago

It would seem to me that the biggest losers with Taleo are the companies that use it. It eliminates many people who would be good workers because of its (massive over-)emphasis on specific experience. But I'm afraid that most managers either aren't smart enough to understand this or don't have the ambition to sort through the resumes themselves.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Silver Spring, Maryland

13 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Well, its not really Taleo. Oracle bought them last year for almost 2 billion dollars.

This explains a lot. Oracle's own online system is pathetic. I've had it not work in Chrome, Firefox, AND Internet Explorer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

Jeff in Silver Spring, Maryland said: It would seem to me that the biggest losers with Taleo are the companies that use it. It eliminates many people who would be good workers because of its (massive over-)emphasis on specific experience. But I'm afraid that most managers either aren't smart enough to understand this or don't have the ambition to sort through the resumes themselves.

Eliminates many people who would be good workers because of its massive over emphasis on EVERYTHING.

Managers think tightening up the requirements will produce a few best candidates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

13 months ago

Jeff in Silver Spring, Maryland said: This explains a lot. Oracle's own online system is pathetic. I've had it not work in Chrome, Firefox, AND Internet Explorer.

And Larry Ellison (CEO of Oracle) also bought the Hawaiian island of Lanai last year. LOL!

He might buy Cleveland next.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Arlington, Virginia

13 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: Eliminates many people who would be good workers because of its massive over emphasis on EVERYTHING.

Managers think tightening up the requirements will produce a few best candidates.

We live in a hurry-up world, and it's a lot easier to evaluate candidates' work histories than it is to evaluate candidates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Arlington, Virginia

13 months ago

Send Taleo Executives to Jail in Anonymous Proxy said: We need a congressional investigation into Taleo for purposely wasting people's time. With all the unemployed people in America, we should NOT have a company like Taleo jacking people around for 2 hours just to fill out a job application.

Executives who dictate the use of Taleo should be forced to fill out a lengthy application before being able to obtain food. Don't have enough experience using a butter knife? Hey, you need to lose weight anyway.

tony b in France

13 months ago

As they fill up their tray with food, we can randomly dump it on the floor, then make them wait in line for an hour to pay, then when they get to the register tell them they chose the wrong silverware, and dump their tray on the floor again.

When they finally get through the process and are looking for a table, have some vending machine tell them thanks for coming to the Taleo cafeteria, but the food they spent 2 hours collecting has to be given to someone the owner knew.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

13 months ago

tony b in France said: As they fill up their tray with food, we can randomly dump it on the floor, then make them wait in line for an hour to pay, then when they get to the register tell them they chose the wrong silverware, and dump their tray on the floor again.

When they finally get through the process and are looking for a table, have some vending machine tell them thanks for coming to the Taleo cafeteria, but the food they spent 2 hours collecting has to be given to someone the owner knew.

Taleo always asks if you know somebody who already works there. Heh!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Completely Broke and Broken in Cleveland, Ohio

13 months ago

We're sorry, you can't eat here for another 60 days...as you are not a complete robot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Oxon Hill, Maryland

13 months ago

Completely Broke and Broken in Cleveland, Ohio said: We're sorry, you can't eat here for another 60 days...as you are not a complete robot.

We have reviewed your qualifications and were very impressed by your dexterity with chopsticks. We had a large number of highly qualified candidates, and unfortunately we found another candidate whose appetite more closely matched our menu. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

tony b in France

13 months ago

another company abusing applicants with Taleo: SAIC - Science Applications International Corporation
another company abusing applicants with Taleo: Dell Computer
another company abusing applicants with Taleo: Johnson Controls
another company abusing applicants with Taleo: Adobe Systems
another company abusing applicants with Taleo: Right Scale
another company abusing applicants with Taleo: Thompson Reuters
another company abusing applicants with Taleo: Alere Health
another company abusing applicants with Taleo: Pharmaceutical Product Development
another company abusing applicants with Taleo: Quintiles
another company abusing applicants with Taleo: BT Group

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

pete in Lucerne Valley, California

10 months ago

Jeff in Oxon Hill, Maryland said: We have reviewed your qualifications and were very impressed by your dexterity with chopsticks. We had a large number of highly qualified candidates, and unfortunately we found another candidate whose appetite more closely matched our menu. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

WOW that looks like my reject letter i got today from Hasbro kinda funny how they all look the same just with a different company name

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

10 months ago

pete in Lucerne Valley, California said: WOW that looks like my reject letter i got today from Hasbro kinda funny how they all look the same just with a different company name

Kinda like your resume; only the position you are applying for has changed.

Yeah, why reinvent the wheel. I like it.

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana

10 months ago

You have to love the Taleo auto-fill from the resume function. It never works. I have a lot of places I've worked for, so it's sheer hell to take the address out of the reason I quit box, etc.
So what is the real reason for Taleo?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

10 months ago

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana said: You have to love the Taleo auto-fill from the resume function. It never works. I have a lot of places I've worked for, so it's sheer hell to take the address out of the reason I quit box, etc.
So what is the real reason for Taleo?

Taleo is only used by companies that get tons of applicants and it not only thins out the herd but once there is a hire it populates a lot of other databases with the same information that was previously entered over and over by Ethel and Mildred when they were called Personnel.

Ethel and Mildred are retired now.

Pescita in Columbus, Ohio

9 months ago

The people in HR don't want the guilt of throwing resumes in the digital garbage without reading them, so they use Taleo to abuse the applicants so they don't bother to apply in the first place. Now the HR person has only a few applications to go through.

The trouble is that any applicant that won't bother to waste an evening in such a ridiculous exercise is probably a good person to hire. So Taleo weeds out the efficient people. Taleo is probably best at locating the weak-minded type, who will just do what's in front of them and not analyze, question, or innovate.

"JUST SHUT THE HELL UP AND FILL IN THE 400 LITTLE BOXES!"

Yes, we need the date you graduated high school (so we can delete the older people.)

Yes, we want your race (so we can do with it what we want, wink wink.)

Yes, you have to spend an hour or two filling it in (or we would have too many resumes to go through.)

Yes, you have to enter the data in all over again when we delete the page you were on (or we would have too many resumes to go through.)

No, there is no saved profile that will fill all that crap in for you (or we would have too many resumes to go through.)

Is there is really even a job? Sometimes, but often we know who is going to fill it, we just need records to show that we *OFFERED* it to the public.

9 months ago

Maybe the sillies who want Taleo screening applicants will put themselves out a job.
They don't even answer the phone in HR anymore.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

9 months ago

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana said: Maybe the sillies who want Taleo screening applicants will put themselves out a job.
They don't even answer the phone in HR anymore.

Who plays Solitaire with a real deck of cards anymore?

Unhappilyunemployed in Pennsylvania

9 months ago

Pescita in Columbus, Ohio said: The people in HR don't want the guilt of throwing resumes in the digital garbage without reading them, so they use Taleo to abuse the applicants so they don't bother to apply in the first place. Now the HR person has only a few applications to go through.

The trouble is that any applicant that won't bother to waste an evening in such a ridiculous exercise is probably a good person to hire. So Taleo weeds out the efficient people. Taleo is probably best at locating the weak-minded type, who will just do what's in front of them and not analyze, question, or innovate.

"JUST SHUT THE HELL UP AND FILL IN THE 400 LITTLE BOXES!"

Yes, we need the date you graduated high school (so we can delete the older people.)

Yes, we want your race (so we can do with it what we want, wink wink.)

Yes, you have to spend an hour or two filling it in (or we would have too many resumes to go through.)

Yes, you have to enter the data in all over again when we delete the page you were on (or we would have too many resumes to go through.)

No, there is no saved profile that will fill all that crap in for you (or we would have too many resumes to go through.)

Is there is really even a job? Sometimes, but often we know who is going to fill it, we just need records to show that we *OFFERED* it to the public.

LOL. So very true!

catfish503 in portland, Oregon

9 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Well, its not really Taleo. Oracle bought them last year for almost 2 billion dollars.

Yes Oracle owns Taleo and you know who is the President and on the Board of Directors of Oracle? The same person who almost destroyed another Fortune 500 company! *)

9 months ago

tony b in France said: A Taleo application takes me at least an hour - register, confirm email, save new password in password list, copy everything in my resume one-by-one to their form, answer questions, put my whole life history in it, read rulet not worth it.

But actually I thought this thread was about their illegal questions, like why do they need our high school graduation date? They are obviously trying to figure out our age. I thought that was illegal.

And this whole thing "we posted the job on the Taleo site, but no Americans applied, so we are going to recruit from India now", that's probably illegal to.

What other stuff do they do that's illegal? So far, age discrimination and H-1B fraud .

Isn't there something with the collection of SSN? I remember banks got in trouble some years ago using SSN, and they had to switch. And what about all the law questions like "have you ever had a felony?" Isn't there some 5 year limit on that? And "have you ever been arrested for DUI?" ... You can get arrested for ANYTHING if a cop doesn't like you. If they even have a right to ask, they should ask about convictions not arrests.

Highest level of education is another one. my girlfriend went to college part-time for five years and finished 2 1/2 years of credit , but never finished her BS, what does she put? Associates? or just High School? Her "level of education" is associates, but her highest degree is high school.

Actually, it's not illegal for them to ask your age. They can figure it anyway with your birthdate.
What I have been told is...it's illegal for them to discriminate based on your birthdate. <Sigh>
Also, if they earned an AS degree, they put AS, not high school diploma. High school is a diploma.

9 months ago

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana said: Actually, it's not illegal for them to ask your age. They can figure it anyway with your birthdate.
What I have been told is...it's illegal for them to discriminate based on your birthdate. <Sigh>
Also, if they earned an AS degree, they put AS, not high school diploma. High school is a diploma.

And if she only completed 2 years of college, she can't put AS unless she actually completed a program requirements and actually earned a degree.

9 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Who plays Solitaire with a real deck of cards anymore?

LOL You have a way with words, Blue!

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

9 months ago

But the reality is people are going to do whatever they do no matter what laws are on the books and enforced via case law in the courts; they just find ways around it. EEOC laws or that new one about credit/long term unemployment status discrim that some states have enacted. That is why you have applicant tracking systems; there is a ton of them; taleo, brassring, icims, oracle, etc. Because by the you are done with the 20 screens of bullscheit data, HR already knows your age, race, credit, unemployment duration, etc. You gave it all away voluntarily when you did their online application. The fastest way to getting a job is to avoid companies that use applicant tracking systems. To email to actual people or actual departments; or to fax. Don't listen to the job advice writers who tell you to "enter the keywords this way..and that way." "Don't use this formatting, then to that..then do this." They are paid to write b.s. If it takes me THIS long to figure out how to do this, when in reality as we all already know, my chances of getting this job are less than 1%? The time I lose, I won't get back.

9 months ago

Grant013 in Astoria, New York said: But the reality is people are going to do whatever they do no matter what laws are on the books and enforced via case law in the courts; they just find ways around it. EEOC laws or that new one about credit/long term unemployment status discrim that some states have enacted. That is why you have applicant tracking systems; there is a ton of them; taleo, brassring, icims, oracle, etc. Because by the you are done with the 20 screens of bullscheit data, HR already knows your age, race, credit, unemployment duration, etc. You gave it all away voluntarily when you did their online application. The fastest way to getting a job is to avoid companies that use applicant tracking systems. To email to actual people or actual departments; or to fax. Don't listen to the job advice writers who tell you to "enter the keywords this way..and that way." "Don't use this formatting, then to that..then do this." They are paid to write b.s. If it takes me THIS long to figure out how to do this, when in reality as we all already know, my chances of getting this job are less than 1%? The time I lose, I won't get back.

Yes, companies get our SS numbers, which were not supposed to be used as IDs, our financial and credit backgrounds, where we have lived for the last decade, and more.
You can't find out much about who you are interviewing with. Is this a new position? If not, what happened to the person in that job, did they leave? If so, why did they leave? What is the boss like? Is anyone in the department a problem or unstable? Has anyone been harrassed or stalked? Has anyone's work been sabotaged?
It's more than one-sided.

If you don't give them the information, no job. It is pretty amazing how our privacy and rights are pushed aside. People think they owe all of this to an employer. One should only have to show they can do the job.

Bluetea in Texas

9 months ago

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana said: Yes, companies get our SS numbers, which were not supposed to be used as IDs, our financial and credit backgrounds, where we have lived for the last decade, and more.
You can't find out much about who you are interviewing with. Is this a new position? If not, what happened to the person in that job, did they leave? If so, why did they leave? What is the boss like? Is anyone in the department a problem or unstable? Has anyone been harrassed or stalked? Has anyone's work been sabotaged?

If you don't give them the information, no job. It is pretty amazing how our privacy and rights are pushed aside. People think they owe all of this to an employer. One should only have to show they can do the job.

By the way, my grand niece was just born. Her SSN arrived home before she did.

I say just put the thought reading microchip in all of our foreheads and just scan us. I hate filling out all these forms.

galer in Seattle, Washington

5 months ago

These jerks not only track you by your email, but also by your IP address.

I finally got my application and resume to submit by getting a new email and slightly changing my resume. They went ahead and removed my second email and dumped my original application and resume(which they wouldn't allowed me to submit but kept on their website)AND the applications and resume I was able to successfully submit with my new email.
So now I have nothing on file, after hours and hours of work.

Taleo is owned by Oracle, which admits on one of their sites that they "SHARE YOUR INFORMATION with partners". I'm starting to wonder what kind of huge database they've collected on me. Meanwhile, I still haven't gotten a SINGLE interview from the MANY submissions I've made on their websites. Getting really angry, as my money completely ran out 3 months ago, and I'm here just NOT paying any of my bills.

Need New Job in Michigan

5 months ago

If you aren't getting interviews with multiple submissions over several months, your resume probably needs to be tweaked.

Get off your conspiracy theories. Oracle doesn't give a sh*t about you. Use that energy in being mad at them to figure out why multiple companies don't want to move to an interview based on the information you plugged into an online app.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kate_outta_kontrol in deep in the heart of, Texas

5 months ago

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana said: Yes, companies get our SS numbers, which were not supposed to be used as IDs, our financial and credit backgrounds, where we have lived for the last decade, and more.

One job i applied for informed me that my data was being stored in the US, Canada and possibly other countries. Nice. Adios privacy or security of any kind with your personal information.

5 months ago

job4mesoon said: Two hours to apply to a Taleo application? Wow…takes me 20 minutes, but I generally spend 30 minutes making sure everything is in order.

I made a Word document with all my qualifications, accomplishments, employment time, reasons why I left, references, and any other useful past experience in one spot. I used the first 50 or so job descriptions I applied to, for relaying the correct phrases in accordance to the type of job.

It’s all cut and paste for me, gotta create efficiencies in the inefficient hiring process.

I made a document like that too, but it's not an easy cut and paste.
There are fields like current employer, then they want an end date, but I haven't left, those kinds of things.
Plus the guaranteed rejection.

inlimbo in Redmond, Oregon

5 months ago

I always worry about that. I had someone email me last summer. Saying there was another position come up and to send in more information. Could have been a big break for me, but more likely just a scam.

5 months ago

galer in Seattle, Washington said: These jerks not only track you by your email, but also by your IP address.

I finally got my application and resume to submit by getting a new email and slightly changing my resume. They went ahead and removed my second email and dumped my original application and resume(which they wouldn't allowed me to submit but kept on their website)AND the applications and resume I was able to successfully submit with my new email.
So now I have nothing on file, after hours and hours of work.

Taleo is owned by Oracle, which admits on one of their sites that they "SHARE YOUR INFORMATION with partners". I'm starting to wonder what kind of huge database they've collected on me. Meanwhile, I still haven't gotten a SINGLE interview from the MANY submissions I've made on their websites. Getting really angry, as my money completely ran out 3 months ago, and I'm here just NOT paying any of my bills.

I agree. Something is rotten in Denmark. It sure doesn't seem like they are hiring people through that site. You wonder what they do with all the personal info they gather.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

Need New Job in Michigan said: If you aren't getting interviews with multiple submissions over several months, your resume probably needs to be tweaked.

Get off your conspiracy theories. Oracle doesn't give a sh*t about you. Use that energy in being mad at them to figure out why multiple companies don't want to move to an interview based on the information you plugged into an online app.

People are now groomed to think that anything wrong is just a "conspiracy theory". There are conspiracies and royal rip-offs behind the scenes.
The idea that no business would conspire to rip anyone off is just naive.

So how would anyone be able to find out why they are being rejected?
The filters for one particular job could be set for year of birth, what university you attended, how many jobs you've had in 5 years--and this one screws over anyone who does per diem work...

5 months ago

Obviously they are selling it to third parties.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

Kate_outta_kontrol in deep in the heart of, Texas said: One job i applied for informed me that my data was being stored in the US, Canada and possibly other countries. Nice. Adios privacy or security of any kind with your personal information.

Yeah I think that too, like it's some kind of accumulation of information for other purposes. What those are is obscure.
Not just Taleo, but the idea that employers can make you electronically sign to allow them at your financial information, etc., is an aberration. Why would they be paying for background checks in the application process? Maybe they have their own people and it doesn't really cost them...

5 months ago

inlimbo in Redmond, Oregon said: Obviously they are selling it to third parties.

Yeah, but that isn't okay.

5 months ago

You're not filling out personal info fields so they can give it to someone else. That's not the understood arrangement.

5 months ago

unfortunately it is probably in the fine print

Bluetea in Texas

5 months ago

inlimbo in Redmond, Oregon said: Obviously they are selling it to third parties.

I use to work for one of the largest demogpraphic companies in the US. With a few taps on the keyboard, I could know things about you that would shock your mother.

This is the Information Age and it is bought and sold constantly. Now are there any other questions? Anyone?

Bluetea in Texas

5 months ago

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana said: Yeah I think that too, like it's some kind of accumulation of information for other purposes. What those are is obscure.
Not just Taleo, but the idea that employers can make you electronically sign to allow them at your financial information, etc., is an aberration. Why would they be paying for background checks in the application process? Maybe they have their own people and it doesn't really cost them...

I once applied at an HMO. I never got the job. Wasn't even called but every month I now get an e-mail advertisement from them to buy health insurance.

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.