The Curse of Taleo?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 635)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Bluetea in Texas

57 months ago

am in Cupar, United Kingdom said: So, in response to your last two paragraphs, if you take away 'competition' when applying online i.e make the application process less competitive and you make the UI more intuitive i.e make Taleo's application process, you resolve a great deal of the issue?

It's interesting to hear your thoughts on this. Please email me (am@usehuman.com) if you have more time to discuss.

Many companies have fallen in love with Taleo since by its very reputation, it narrows and thus limits the sperm count at every turn. Actually, they all work the same way.

Personally, just seeing the "Powered by Taleo" logo has me abandoning the breadcrumb trail right away. Others will carry on and some will even cross the finish line - which I think is the whole point.

There are other ATS systems, like Kenexa, Ceridian, Kronos, etc., which to me are more humane and are worth pursuing.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

A Mainer in Dover, New Hampshire

57 months ago

You know, I'm having trouble with a powered by Taleo job application right now. The popup window from a monster link only ends up showing me the job description, with no actual way to apply for the job. I came here looking for troubleshooting help via google, and now, frankly, I'm just scared.

Reply - Report abuse

deeber081@*****.*** in Fillmore, California

57 months ago

A Mainer in Dover, New Hampshire said: You know, I'm having trouble with a powered by Taleo job application right now. The popup window from a monster link only ends up showing me the job description, with no actual way to apply for the job. I came here looking for troubleshooting help via google, and now, frankly, I'm just scared.

Well, you came to the right forum and to reassure you, you are not alone in your feelings about Taleo. I hope that Oracle can do better with this ATS than the original, blackhole version has performed.
Is there a way you can find a link to the company website & "Call" directly to get a name to send your resume to directly. I've done this as a workaround to Taleo.

This way, you can get a name, introduced yourself, and EM your resume directly. If the recruiter won't give you their personal EM for this job opening, then ask "who is in charge of this oppty" and get to that individual.
If they (the company that wants to hire) consistently says "go online", just reply that somehow, there was a few hiccups in you filling out the Taleo S/W app., but can provide more information "via chat" or "in person interview".
I also Googled "who bought Taleo ATS". Oracle appeared first & I requested a free demo. I'm supposed to be contacted by a sales rep. (One Caveat: I'm not sure if the first Taleo ATS was Cloud-based; but, that is what Oracle is saying in their Info Page on Taleo, "it is Cloud-based".

If I can gain further info, I'll be happy to share.

Reply - Report abuse

Trampled by Tech in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

57 months ago

am in Hayes, United Kingdom said: I work for a company in the UK and I'm looking at buying an ATS as well as building out our online recruiting function. The actual recruitment problem is one that intrigues me however.
Again, the question is, what is the absolute best way companies should screen candidates online?

Well, I had an application process that was actually quite refreshing last week. (they didn't use Taleo) What they did do is ask if you had a profile with linked-in or facebook. If you did and logged into it at the appropriate time it took all the information from the fields (in my case Linked-in) It also pulled my skilled and names of people who had given me recommendations (and put them as references) There were just a few details that I had to enter that weren't part of my Linked-In profile. Once I submitted the application I got an email asking me to take an assessment (I believe this is where the employers did the screening) because any of the skills you stated you had there was an assessment. I said I had Excel at an intermediate level and the position I applied for required this skill. So the assessment was asking me to modify a broken excel table and asked me questions about what was wrong with different cell entries. All in all I spent about an hour completing the assessments. Got a call today asking if I could come in for an interview. I don't think all applicant tracking software is bad nor is Taleo necessarily bad. I think too many companies try to take the cheap way out when they get one of these systems and don't invest in ensuring the program is configured properly and targets their optimal candidate. (I know this is true because my past organization was notorious for implementing new systems but not putting up development $$ and sufficient time to get them set up accurately and as a result they were always looking for something new because the old one was "bad"

Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

A Mainer in Dover, New Hampshire said: You know, I'm having trouble with a powered by Taleo job application right now. The popup window from a monster link only ends up showing me the job description, with no actual way to apply for the job. I came here looking for troubleshooting help via google, and now, frankly, I'm just scared.

I've had that with monster, indeed, etc. It's normally that the posting has expired or was pulled because of some issue. I have had success in going directly to the company website and searching for the position rather than using the link from Monster.

Reply - Report abuse

industrialengineerwithsupplychainandmanufacturingexperience in Boston, Massachusetts

57 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: When I see the Powered by Taleo logo, I simply back out of the application and pass on the job.

There are many different HRIS (online applications) but in my opinion, Taleo is the worst from an applicant's point of view. Companies who use Taleo are usually very large companies who get a ton of applicants. They need a way to cull 1,000 applicants into "The Top Ten". Taleo does this in seconds.

I agree with this.....using Taleo is like a punishment. It is the worst and most pathetic job application software. There are other like Kenexa, Brassring which are light years ahead of this dumb Taleo.

Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Touche!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

56 months ago

Some old guy in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: In my younger days, nothing was online. If you wanted a job, you went to the company and filled out an application on site. This took most of the day sometimes and most of them were just as detailed as any ATS out there. I think its amazing that in our time, with the ability to apply online in the comfort of your own home that people still complain. Imagine if the hiring manager were to know how much you complained about taking 10/20/30 minutes or more to fill out an application, what kind of b!tching would be done if they assigned you "real work"?
I run TBE for all my jobs. I have many candidates that are completely ignorant when it comes to computers but they get it done. Also, I wouldn't hire anyone for anything that can't take the time to show me they want to work for my company. That includes taking the time to figure out how to get your info in an ATS.

Post the name of your company and I will gladly thin out your applicant pool for you.

Reply - Report abuse

Dog_Guy in Miami, Florida

56 months ago

Fortunately, I haven't been running in to Taleo lately.

Reply - Report abuse

Dee in Baltimore, Maryland

56 months ago

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois said: Taleo is the new glass floor.

And we are all underground looking up.

USAJOBS...impossible. How does anyone get a job with the feds? I'll assume many of the useless people I've seen who work for the feds got there prior to the internet.

State jobs...impossible. Plus, there's the veteran preference for state and fed jobs. Forget it. You're toast. I won't ever bother again with either. You're wasting your time unless you're a vet.

I live in Baltimore and I had to catch the regional commuter train (a.k.a MARC train) to DC in the morning several times before. I've seen a lot of people who appear to be 40+ who'll ride. I usually assume that they have federal jobs (or other high paying jobs) since it costs about $100/month to take it to work. Most of them drive also (the nearby parking lot is usually very full).

Reply - Report abuse

Rx Veteran in Maryland

56 months ago

I agree with everyone. I pass all of them. I apply on the company website. It still hasn't mattered. Slowly getting tired. But!!! I got through pharmacy school. I will not quit until I get a GOOD job.

Reply - Report abuse

leahjones in Silver Spring, Maryland

56 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: When I see the Powered by Taleo logo, I simply back out of the application and pass on the job.

There are many different HRIS (online applications) but in my opinion, Taleo is the worst from an applicant's point of view. Companies who use Taleo are usually very large companies who get a ton of applicants. They need a way to cull 1,000 applicants into "The Top Ten". Taleo does this in seconds.

I'm going to start doing the same. Although, I've never received a rejection letter. Taleo is time consuming and ridiculous. If you don't use certain keywords you're weeded out before a human even has the chance to review your resume. I was told that 70% of resumes that use Automatic HR Software do not make it to human eyes. So why bother?

Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

56 months ago

Leah Jones in Silver Spring, Maryland said: I'm going to start doing the same. Although, I've never received a rejection letter. Taleo is time consuming and ridiculous. If you don't use certain keywords you're weeded out before a human even has the chance to review your resume. I was told that 70% of resumes that use Automatic HR Software do not make it to human eyes. So why bother?

The biggest problem with Taleo is the competition. Taleo is expensive and only companies that get thousands of applicants use it.

My sister's company uses it and they can get over 500 apps for each position. Nobody is going to read through that. Taleo will kick out the Top 10 in seconds. The other 490 go to the B Pile: Not printed, Not processed.

Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

56 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: The biggest problem with Taleo is the competition. Taleo is expensive and only companies that get thousands of applicants use it.

My sister's company uses it and they can get over 500 apps for each position. Nobody is going to read through that. Taleo will kick out the Top 10 in seconds. The other 490 go to the B Pile: Not printed, Not processed.

Get over it (Taleo). Forget Taleo.

If I cried after every chick who rejected my advances, I'd be a walking basket case. Sometimes we must travel a lonely road before we get our reward.

Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

56 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: Get over it (Taleo). Forget Taleo.

If I cried after every chick who rejected my advances, I'd be a walking basket case. Sometimes we must travel a lonely road before we get our reward.

Road? Yours is an interstate. Helen your blow-up doll doesn't count.

Reply - Report abuse

Experienced Seeker in Schaumburg, Illinois

56 months ago

Just did a Taleo app in 20 minutes, which is a new record for me. I doubt I'll get a call back, and don't even think I am interested in this job. But that's how bad of a week I'm having at work - where I am OK spending 20 minutes on a Taleo application.

Reply - Report abuse

lolapaloo in Reynoldsburg, Ohio

55 months ago

I like this post.

digging-deep.com/88/career-section-hosting/to-companies-that-use-taleo-as-a-careers-host/

Seriously, there are better ways to cull the applicants. Taleo simply puts some arbitrary nonsense in the way, namely making you fill in 1000 boxes. What's wrong with simply asking questions about the job duties? What Taleo is basically doing is, in effect, just randomly deleting 90% of the applications. Why do HR departments think it's okay to put up the massive hurdles just so people won't apply. Why not just take the first 20 applications and delete the rest. Isn't that the same thing?

The intelligent way to do it would be to actually question the job skills needed straight away.

Apply for job >>
Do you have XYZ certificate?
"No".
Sorry, we are looking for someone with XYZ certificate. Have a nice day.

Have 20 questions like this, narrowing down the applicants that way.

It would give better resumes to the HR department and only take 2 minutes of the job seekers time.

As it is, what Taleo does verges on criminal. Think of the billions of hours of wasted time applicants spent on Taleo. And not just the endless form filling, but the nice little trick of wiping the page and making you start over.

Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

55 months ago

lolapaloo in Reynoldsburg, Ohio said: Why do HR departments think it's okay to put up the massive hurdles just so people won't apply. Why not just take the first 20 applications and delete the rest. Isn't that the same thing?

No, the goal of Taleo is to only have 20 people apply in the first place and I think they might just acheive that goal. LOL!

Reply - Report abuse

Calfornian in Hayward, California

55 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: No, the goal of Taleo is to only have 20 people apply in the first place and I think they might just acheive that goal. LOL!

That should be their motto.

I was doing a local search on indeed.com and a promising hit came up for Kaiser Permanente. I'm already registered, via Taleo, there. Two irritating things happened/have happened.

First, I'm an almost perfect match for the job. But their automated email notifications didn't hit me with it. However, the other day, they sent me one for an internship. Prior to that, they wanted me for a job requiring 10 years experience. They sure have it dialed in.

So, anyways, I log in and Taleo starts giving me grief. I must fill in this, that, and the other thing. Mind you, I've already filled all of this out, I'm getting notifications (as random as they are) and I've submitted my name in the past. Looking at how some of the data was presented it looks like they reloaded the data.

I didn't have the patience this morning so I clicked the X on the tab and moved on.

Reply - Report abuse

Midwesterngirl in Chicago, Illinois

55 months ago

I am so glad I am not alone in feeling like Taleo is a SCAM! I created the "universal profile" on their talent exchange site and that's a load of crap. I tried it because I thought would prevent me from having to make up different user names and passwords for the SAME system but apparently not. I have only come across 1 place that even accepts it and that's Swedish Covenant Hospital. I can't believe this whole practice is even legal it makes people want to give up. Even when you do fill out applications you may not hear anything and if you do it's an automated rejection email. It's still not as bad as the federal job system though I still don't get what they want. I applied for a cleaning position before (out of desperation) and didn't get that either. How hard could that be? LOL

Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

55 months ago

Midwesterngirl in Chicago, Illinois said: I am so glad I am not alone in feeling like Taleo is a SCAM! I created the "universal profile" on their talent exchange site and that's a load of crap. I tried it because I thought would prevent me from having to make up different user names and passwords for the SAME system but apparently not. I have only come across 1 place that even accepts it and that's Swedish Covenant Hospital. I can't believe this whole practice is even legal it makes people want to give up. Even when you do fill out applications you may not hear anything and if you do it's an automated rejection email. It's still not as bad as the federal job system though I still don't get what they want. I applied for a cleaning position before (out of desperation) and didn't get that either. How hard could that be? LOL

Before you start a Taleo app, make sure you are at least 98% qualified, have no gaps, speak fluent Spanish, aren't over 30 and are willing to take the lowest salary offer.

It also helps if you can answer Yes, to the question, "Do you know anyone who works here?".

Otherwise, you are going to waste the next 90 minutes of your life.

Reply - Report abuse

Dog_Guy in Miami, Florida

55 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Before you start a Taleo app, make sure you are at least 98% qualified, have no gaps, speak fluent Spanish, aren't over 30 and are willing to take the lowest salary offer.

It also helps if you can answer Yes, to the question, "Do you know anyone who works here?".

Otherwise, you are going to waste the next 90 minutes of your life.

lol, yup. Actually I'm taking that approach with all applications, if I don't meet most of the qualifications, I'm not wasting my time unless it's a little warm body throw away job a la Craigslist.

Reply - Report abuse

noah in Virginia Beach, Virginia

55 months ago

I can think of several unpleasant things i'd rather do than deal with taleo application. one of them being intentionally placing my manhood in direct danger with a circular saw.

Reply - Report abuse

Terrible Taleo is Terrible in Reynoldsburg, Ohio

55 months ago

Some old guy in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: The talent exchange is only as good as the companies make it if they even participate. Taleo is only as lengthy as the employer decides to make it. I have a 20-30 minute app process (even if your remotely computer savvy) with 10 basic questions at the end. I have seen other employers who's app process exceed 45 min to an hour. ...
Either way, keep doing what your doing and ignore all the regulars bitter negativity on this forum. If they spent half the time seeking employment as they do on this forum they would be working by now. Remember, misery loves company.

Why are you an apologist for this piece of rubbish? Did you cough up the $20,000 and now you want to protect your decision in your head?

I'm sure Taleo is responsible for pushing a few people over the edge into suicide, with their "you made a mistake somewhere, HA HA, now enter the 50 boxes all over again, chump". And Taleo contributes to and is partially responsible for the unemployment in this country, by making applicants feel hopeless.

The basic message from the treatment one receives when (attempting) to fill out an app on Taleo is:

"Dear appli-chump, you are not wanted here. We in the HR department have too much work to do, too many resumes to look at, and instead of some intelligent way of finding the short list, we are going to put you through a grueling obstacle course of copy/paste'ing 200 little boxes, reading several screens of legal documents, and asking you nonsensical questions, all the while randomly wiping the page you are working on so you have to fill it out all over again. We don't care that this has absolutely nothing to do with the skills needed for the job, we in HR are sick of you techies making double what we make, so we enjoy f**king with you, and we enjoy the feeling of power over you. We will also delete your resume if you make a typo, or use a font we don't like."

Reply - Report abuse

tony b in France

55 months ago

Well stated, and kind of funny and sad at the same time. I had the same feelings about Taleo, but didn't realize there were websites and posts dedicated to how bad Taleo is.

I don't know where else to post this, so I'm going to post it here:

Dell uses Taleo, so I'm blacklisting Dell.

Reply - Report abuse

Calfornian in Hayward, California

55 months ago

Terrible, one of the better Taleo rants.

Reply - Report abuse

pildar in San Jose, California

55 months ago

Thanks for all of the enlightenment. I have been looking since February as I am relocating. I HATE Taleo. It is cumbersome and is like slugging through mud. If the corporate leadership knew how many good people were just simply walking away from applying for jobs because of Taleo, things would change.

Reply - Report abuse

pildar in San Jose, California

55 months ago

Some old guy in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: The talent exchange is only as good as the companies make it if they even participate. Taleo is only as lengthy as the employer decides to make it. I have a 20-30 minute app process (even if your remotely computer savvy) with 10 basic questions at the end. I have seen other employers who's app process exceed 45 min to an hour. Too long in my book but I don't run their HR .
Either way, keep doing what your doing and ignore all the regulars bitter negativity on this forum. If they spent half the time seeking employment as they do on this forum they would be working by now. Remember, misery loves company.

No, not quite right....we are attempting to maintain good attitudes about the search but when we are on our eighth online submittal and its 11:30 pm and we TALEO, (or worse, attempt to submit to TALEO), we just blow. It is absolutely the worst job submittal sight known to man and people are opting out.

Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Plano in Plano, Texas

55 months ago

I got my current job and I did apply through Taleo and it took a good hour for the process.

Not much you can do if the company says you need to apply online.

Reply - Report abuse

Velochicdunord in Calera, Alabama

55 months ago

AndrewKay in Bloomington, Indiana said: *agh* *sigh* Maybe I should start up a firm for HR information systems done right.

Please do.

Am a late commenter on this thread. Just had my first encounter with a Taleo set-up that doesn't switch properly to different subregions when you fill in anything other than the United States. I sent email back up the chain pointing out the problem and have had a conversation with people at appropriate levels. All of which came down to I have to fudge and mark an application to get around the software. I was persistent enough to report the problems - not everyone can take the time or apply leverage in the correct way. Found the thread after I'd done all that work. :P

Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Quoted from "Old Fart in Fort Lauderdale"...."In my younger days, nothing was online. If you wanted a job, you went to the company and filled out an application on site. This took most of the day sometimes and most of them were just as detailed as any ATS out there. I think it's amazing that in our time, with the ability to apply online in the comfort of your own home that people still complain. "

I also was in the working world well before the ATS and Social Networking revolution. I would love the opportunity to meet with individuals and fill out applications at employers. Why? Because if you dressed the part and had reasonable credentials you as often as not had the opportunity to speak with someone and determine if the organization was a fit for you and you were a fit for the organization. The ATS gives the company to make the application process a sterile process. Applicants feel as though they are throwing their applications into a black pit with nothing but a canned letter spit out in 5 minutes saying "thanks but no thanks"

In the end I finally started getting responses from Taleo not by following the instructions on the employer sites, but by going to Taleo's site and putting in all my information. Then exporting their version of my resume and then using their version of the resume (which looked horrid) to apply for positions that used Taleo. But still not getting the roles I wanted. Finally, I stopped providing some data that was "optional" and suddenly I got response after response. In the end I took a entry level position at an org and have been told repeatedly why didn't you apply for x? Well, I had, but your ATS said I wasn't qualified. Looking at my resume they couldn't understand it, neither could I but I've moved past it and will look to move up in 9 months.

My lesson learned is to not provide too much information (in particular optional information) because it may be a way to exclude you.

Reply - Report abuse

ArdillaChino in Brooklyn, New York

55 months ago

I used to be so motivated when applying for a job that I knew I qualified, however I wasn't landing any interview. I knew I had worked hard in school and expect to show my energy at the work place. This ATS is ruining the hiring process. Each time I apply and part of me inside dies because I know I am already rejected by their shatty and buggy ATS. Each day I become less and less motivated to want to work, as I feel employers are not taking their time to look and to hire potential candidate. They expected a 100% resume before hiring, very soon the US workforce will pay the price not getting the young workforce in the industry when the older workforce retires.

Reply - Report abuse

Some Old Guy in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

55 months ago

Terrible Taleo is Terrible in Reynoldsburg, Ohio said: Why are you an apologist for this piece of rubbish? Did you cough up the $20,000 and now you want to protect your decision in your head?

I'm sure Taleo is responsible for pushing a few people over the edge into suicide, with their "you made a mistake somewhere, HA HA, now enter the 50 boxes all over again, chump". And Taleo contributes to and is partially responsible for the unemployment in this country, by making applicants feel hopeless.

The basic message from the treatment one receives when (attempting) to fill out an app on Taleo is:

"Dear appli-chump, you are not wanted here. We in the HR department have too much work to do, too many resumes to look at, and instead of some intelligent way of finding the short list, we are going to put you through a grueling obstacle course of copy/paste'ing 200 little boxes, reading several screens of legal documents, and asking you nonsensical questions, all the while randomly wiping the page you are working on so you have to fill it out all over again. We don't care that this has absolutely nothing to do with the skills needed for the job, we in HR are sick of you techies making double what we make, so we enjoy f**king with you, and we enjoy the feeling of power over you. We will also delete your resume if you make a typo, or use a font we don't like."

Another example of a fabricated Taleo rumor from a bitter job seeker. Taleo cost my company $1500 a year...

Reply - Report abuse

novaeeewww in Virginia Beach, Virginia

55 months ago

Some Old Guy in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Another example of a fabricated Taleo rumor from a bitter job seeker. Taleo cost my company $1500 a year...

If your company spent more than 99 cents on it, they got seriously hosed.

Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

I believe Taleo has some "excellent" sales people. But don't tell the truth on the limitations & frustrations job-seekers, go thru.

What you said, ask specific questions (i.e., Do You Have XYZ), means the system needs to be enhanced by employers or what I call AI (artificial Intelligence). I doubt any HR person will do the work necessary to ask specific questions.

Unfortunately, it is easier to tell company management looking for qualified personnel, that Taleo isn't producing any candidates.

Some Managers need to step forward & tell HR Mgmt/VP that their recruiters aren't effective & quit using Taleo.

It takes work by great recruiters to find people. Sadly somehow, Taleo gives these recruiters an excuse, which the company/management buy. Why? Because no one can explain the Price Tag for this inexcusable ATS!

Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

55 months ago

nova eeewww in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: If your company spent more than 99 cents on it, they got seriously hosed.

He's full of it. Oracle bought Taleo last year for 1.9 BILLION! I guess they expect to make double on their investment.

But I agree with you.

Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

ALL 16 yrs of my experience, I've been known as having integrity and ethics (which is the way I operate), and am proud all my previous employers know about me. All I can say is that when I GET BACK INTO RECRUITING, my professional love, I will be very detailed oriented on what ATS I support.

I still feel sorry for those who have turned to this "Ruling OUT" ATS!

I believe in people & haved garnered & gained respect. My motto is, I read your resume, contact you, and if I can't help you based upon your information, maybe another recruiter can help. I know quality recruiters and will get mgmt permission should I pass on them for the firm I'm working for.

Long story short, I believe in people!

Reply - Report abuse

novaeeewww in Virginia Beach, Virginia

55 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: He's full of it. Oracle bought Taleo last year for 1.9 BILLION! I guess they expect to make double on their investment.

But I agree with you.

The only people that like Taleo are masochists. People that have torture dungeons in their basements, wear lots of ill-fitting leather and have safewords such as "raisin oatmeal" like Taleo.

Reply - Report abuse

Some Old Guy in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

55 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: He's full of it. Oracle bought Taleo last year for 1.9 BILLION! I guess they expect to make double on their investment.

But I agree with you.

Again, another example of a "speculation" that is just as misinformed as your complete negative obsession with Taleo... If you had any hand in implementing tracking systems for companies, you would know that Taleo is one of the cheapest out there but can do most everything any other ATS can.

The company in which you are applying for has the option to dumb down the application process if they want. I have made it to where any applicant takes on average 20 minutes to apply. Maybe longer for those that are not computer savvy. This makes the longest part of my hiring process the drug and background.

Reply - Report abuse

Unhappilyunemployed in Pennsylvania

55 months ago

Some Old Guy in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Another example of a fabricated Taleo rumor from a bitter job seeker. Taleo cost my company $1500 a year...

May you one day find yourself on the other side of a Taleo application or something even worse. You haven't a clue what it is to be talented, smart, and hard working, yet be made invisible by forces beyond your control.

I wonder why people like you even come here.

Reply - Report abuse

J Gagill in Monticello, New York

55 months ago

Unhappilyunemployed in Pennsylvania said: May you one day find yourself on the other side of a Taleo application or something even worse. You haven't a clue what it is to be talented, smart, and hard working, yet be made invisible by forces beyond your control.

I wonder why people like you even come here.

Ha! Ha! Ha! Funny.

Reply - Report abuse

Unhappilyunemployed in Pennsylvania

55 months ago

J Gagill in Monticello, New York said: Ha! Ha! Ha! Funny.

Would love to be a fly on the wall and watch him fumble through such a thing for the first time. It doesn't matter who you think you are. We have completely de-humanize the process of hiring.

Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

55 months ago

As for "bitter job seekers" comment..They have every right to be "bitter." Do you think being qualified and jumping through all the online application hoops, HR hoops and then interview hoops all without legitimate purpose and legitimate results makes one "positive" and "enthusiastic?" I find many employers to be "bitter" themselves. Their employees who represent them in an interview will come off "bitter" when they complain about previous employees and those they interview. When they post negative job postings in all caps or with negative comments such as the ones on craigslist or other sites, do you think they make your company look good? I guess you're not concerned about your company image (reputation), yet you want a candidate more perfect than Jesus. Get real.

I as a hiring manager/C-level exec. would be more impressed with someone who circumvents the Taleos and finds me through LinkedIn,Facebook or just a Chamber of Commerce directory, and further sends me a personalized cover letter and personalized resume. The keywords game is an infantile, flawed and useless waste of time and money. End of story.Smart people go around it.

Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

..continued..
Now.. perhaps your company wants people who are not smart..not innovative..not committed. Perhaps your company wants atavistic, low on the ladder rung, "grunt" workers who have less intelligence than a Bonobo chimp. That's another story. Don't expect your profit margins to soar.Expect a high turnover rate, bad morale and eventual demise via Chapter 11 filings, as has been evident by many retail and other "chains." That's the kind of worker, as described above, your online applicant tracking systems attract. Many of those who pass the system simply game it, or they have someone on the inside of the company (nepotism) who brings them in.Either way, you are not getting the most productive and qualified worker. You're getting the dregs at the bottom of the pot. Oh well..Just keep loving the tracking systems.

Reply - Report abuse

J Gagill in Monticello, New York

55 months ago

Some Old Guy in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Again, another example of a "speculation" that is just as misinformed as your complete negative obsession with Taleo... If you had any hand in implementing tracking systems for companies, you would know that Taleo is one of the cheapest out there but can do most everything any other ATS can.

The company in which you are applying for has the option to dumb down the application process if they want. I have made it to where any applicant takes on average 20 minutes to apply. Maybe longer for those that are not computer savvy. This makes the longest part of my hiring process the drug and background.

Has Taleo reduced your turnover rate?

Time wise, is Taleo reducing the amount of time you and your staff have to spend on the interview process?

And, because of Taleo are you getting better workers?

Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

nova eeewww in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: The only people that like Taleo are masochists. People that have torture dungeons in their basements, wear lots of ill-fitting leather and have safewords such as "raisin oatmeal" like Taleo.

Yep. These same C level corp execs compete with each other in the S&M clubs all over the Lower East Side in NYC..who can be "humiliated the most". Talk about dungeons...and boot "kissing." These are your Taleo loving masochists!!!

Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Applicant tracking systems are the biggest scam since snakeoil..

Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

55 months ago

Grant013 in Astoria, New York said: Yep. These same C level corp execs compete with each other in the S&M clubs all over the Lower East Side in NYC..who can be "humiliated the most". Talk about dungeons...and boot "kissing." These are your Taleo loving masochists!!!

I want to be Mistress Taleo and throw banana cream pies at Joe. LOL!

Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

That's what I'm saying.With these systems, we all have a better chance of landing that office job via doing the night sessions as Dominatrix Nikita with Gordon Gecko.

Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Ya'll got me laughing so hard I can't sit on my chair...

Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.