Dermatology Office E-Mailed Me Today

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Elizabeth in North Chicago, Illinois

26 months ago

They're waiting to hear back from one more reference and thanked me for continuing to be patient.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Almost Suicidal in Cibolo, Texas

26 months ago

Good news. Have you checked with the reference?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Almost Suicidal in Cibolo, Texas said: Good news. Have you checked with the reference?

No, as I'm not quite sure which non-healthcare supervisor they tried to get ahold of. If it's Sharon, she's no doubt busy, as the community college is smack dab in the middle of their summer semester. If it's Linda, she's most likely not at the elementary school anymore due to the fact the children are on summer break.

26 months ago

I did some tutoring for Huntington Learning Center for a couple of years (started doing it for them 6 months before I vacated my job with the CLC Health Center). A few weeks before I left Huntington, my co-worker, Todd, had written me a signed letter of reference. I scanned the letter and saved it to a floppy disk so, if need be, I could make use of it in the future as an E-Mail attachment. I figured it'd be worth the gamble and attached the letter Todd wrote for me in my E-Mail response to the practice manager in an effort to speed up this process and get me an offer before another week goes by and I'm STILL not working.

Almost Suicidal in Cibolo, Texas

26 months ago

Okay, I've done that once and the hiring manager was actually grateful that she did not have to make the phone calls (Although my references were sitting by the phone). I got the job. So, I would think at this point, that if they REALLY want you, that will suffice.

Did you mention in the email that you were attaching a letter of reference? People do ignore attachments sometimes.

26 months ago

Almost Suicidal in Cibolo, Texas said: Did you mention in the email that you were attaching a letter of reference?

Aye, I mentioned it was being attached.

However, my mom seems to think if they want supervisory references only, then the letter I attached from a co-worker won't make any kind of a difference.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.