Do you think this would be too pushy?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

TerraT in Dover, Delaware

10 months ago

I've been doing freelance for a company and the manager asked me to meet him earlier this month and informed me a full-timer is retiring soon. So the company should have an opening, but specifics had to be worked out with higher ups about a new hire. He said ideally he would have them start the first week of next month. It's now almost the end of the month, and I'm still doing freelancing for the manager, but he has not said anything about the position yet. Would it be too pushy of me to ask if there have been any developments?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Almost Suicidal in Cypress, Texas

10 months ago

I see no reason not to ask.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Almost Suicidal in Cypress, Texas

10 months ago

They will probably opt not to fill the job and keep you on as contract labor, but I hope I am wrong.

TerraT in Dover, Delaware

10 months ago

Almost Suicidal in Cypress, Texas said: They will probably opt not to fill the job and keep you on as contract labor, but I hope I am wrong.

They have to fill the position, there is no choice. I don't want to give away too many details so I won't describe why, but trust me on this. I'm just worried I won't be the one to get it! Haha.

Need New Job in Chicago, Illinois

10 months ago

Doesn't hurt to ask. Companies I've been at convert contractors whenever they have the chance because it is cheaper.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KA2 in Sydney

10 months ago

Yes you can follow up.

KA2 in Sydney

10 months ago

KA2 in Sydney said: Yes you can follow up.

I meant to say. You can follow up & I don't think it would be pushy.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.