Frustrated Job Seeker's Rant -- Feel Free to Add Your Thoughts

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 24846)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Erin Myers in Reseda, California

56 months ago

Janet in Woodland Hills, California said: Time Warner a month ago did a phone interview with me. Today they sent me an email asking me the same questions. They had me send the answers back in blue type. Do you think a person is looking at those answers or it's going through an automation process?

I have no idea, sorry that I can't help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

searching in Geneva, Illinois

56 months ago

Another tidbit on Barney Frank's ties to the big three: hr3149.blogspot.com/2010/03/democracy-and-money-why-hr3149-is.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ktalbert in Manchester, New Hampshire

56 months ago

Thank you so much for the links and I will for sure call Barney Frank's office and I encourage everyone else to as well. Frank is good in some respects, but his bootlicking to the bankers is disgusting, I've not heard of this one, but I've heard of other acts of treason against the American people that he's committed for the banks.

He needs to stop it and this bill needs to pass.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

searching in Des Plaines, Illinois

56 months ago

Ktalbert, I looked for a similar thread on the credit reporting issue, but didn't find one. I think I will start a new thread, since I kind of got off topic.

56 months ago

searching in Des Plaines, Illinois said: Ktalbert, I looked for a similar thread on the credit reporting issue, but didn't find one. I think I will start a new thread, since I kind of got off topic.

Well, amazingly so, I got my Passover Miracle. I GOT THE JOB....this is a Miracle!! I am certainly blessed!!

Thank you One and All for all of your help, support, and kindness...and good luck to each and everyone of you....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

searching in Des Plaines, Illinois

56 months ago

Erin, that is FABULOUS!!! Congratulations and best of luck on your first day. Betchya can't wait for that first shiny new paycheck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

BurnedoutRN in Atlanta, Georgia

56 months ago

Erin Myers in Reseda, California said: Well, amazingly so, I got my Passover Miracle. I GOT THE JOB....this is a Miracle!! I am certainly blessed!!QUOTE]

You certainly are, Erin. Congratulations!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Congrats!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Janet in North Hollywood, California

56 months ago

Good luck with the job.

Erin Myers in District of Columbia

56 months ago

Ktalbert in Manchester, New Hampshire said: Congrats!

Thanks guys!! This is so amazing! I can't wait to be a decent and kind Manager again. I'll remember what I've been through and always treat Others with respect and dignity!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

HIRING in Greenbelt, Maryland

56 months ago

IT BREAKS MY HEART TO HEAR ALL OF THESE HORRIBLE STORIES OF HOW HIRIN MANAGERS MISTREAT INTERVIEW CANDIDATES. ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW! PEOPLE ARE OUT OF WORK, NOT OUT OF THEIR MINDS. THINGS HAPPEN IN LIFE WHERE YOU HAVE TO MAKE TOUGH CHOICES. IT IS NOT FAIR THAT SOME JERK, WHO PROBABLY SUCKS AT HIS JOB ANYWAY TO SIT BACK AND MISTREAT PEOPLE. I CANT STAND ARROGANT, ANNOYING PEOPLE WHO FEEL THEY ARE SPECIAL BECAUSE THEY HAVE A LITTLE POWER. IF YOUR ARE SERIOUSLY LOOKING FOR WORK AND WILLING TO COMMIT TO BEING DILIGENT CONTACT ME AT DANIGURL3264@GMAIL.COM.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Chicago, Illinois

56 months ago

Congratulations Erin! Finally we hear of someone who DID get a job. There is hope. So tell us did you fit the asking items of the job description 100%? Did you have the education, skills and industry background they were looking for? I am just wondering if they really find someone who is a 100% exact match on every single item. Maybe they liked your personality as well. Is this a new opening or was there someone in that position that got promoted or left? I always ask that on interviews and sometimes they say a promotion and other times it was retirement or moving out of state.

When do you start? I hope that this is a long and rewarding career for you. Congrats again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Kim in Chicago, Illinois said: Congratulations Erin! Finally we hear of someone who DID get a job. There is hope. So tell us did you fit the asking items of the job description 100%? Did you have the education, skills and industry background they were looking for? I am just wondering if they really find someone who is a 100% exact match on every single item. Maybe they liked your personality as well. Is this a new opening or was there someone in that position that got promoted or left? I always ask that on interviews and sometimes they say a promotion and other times it was retirement or moving out of state.

When do you start? I hope that this is a long and rewarding career for you. Congrats again!

1. Yes.
2.Yes.
3.Yes.
4. New opening for an existing Chain that is expanding in the Area.
5. Two weeks' time.

56 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Congratulations, Erin!!!!

Good luck with your new job!

Thank you, and from my heart, I sincerely hope everything works out for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Time Warner sent me a questionnaire yesterday asking the same questions they asked a month ago on the phone. Today they called me and asked a few questions and asked if I understood what the job was. I said yes it was explained a month ago. He asked who call me and I said he did. He put me on hold came back and said there was no record that anyone called me. So now I have a face to face interview tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I don't count on anything anymore. It pays 13.50 an hour but it's close to home and the benefits are suppose to be good and I'm tired of worrying about loosing my unemployment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

I need some advise. I'm going for an interview tomorrow and one of the questions, which is what all the companies everywhere ask is "what is your weakness". Do any of you have a good answer for this question?

searching in Arlington Heights, Illinois

56 months ago

Janet in North Hollywood, California said: I need some advise. I'm going for an interview tomorrow and one of the questions, which is what all the companies everywhere ask is "what is your weakness". Do any of you have a good answer for this question?

If you try an pass off a weakness as a strength, it will make you seem phony and disingenuous. Try and think of an area that you would like to improve, such as your knowledge in a particular software or system. And then say that you would like to strengthen your knowledge of _____, and you plan to do that by _______.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Are You Serious in Denver, Colorado

56 months ago

Jatty in Westfield, Indiana said: What I do to control my frustration is go into an mmo and destroy other people in pvp.
It's a mild solution but keeps me close to the phone just in case a job calls.

A cell phone that travels with me, has definitely been a good investment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

searching in Arlington Heights, Illinois said: If you try an pass off a weakness as a strength, it will make you seem phony and disingenuous. Try and think of an area that you would like to improve, such as your knowledge in a particular software or system. And then say that you would like to strengthen your knowledge of _____, and you plan to do that by _______.

My weaknesses are a Strength also, I'm truly a workaholic and a perfectionist. I get things done quickly, do them perfectly, and if I can't, I won't stop re-doing things until they are just "perfect". That means no breaks and no time off until they are done, but boy, I get them done.

In this last Interview for the Job that I just got, I told them that I wanted to improve on flow-through on my PNL....that I was good, but I wanted to be amazing at it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Are You Serious in Denver, Colorado

56 months ago

Erin Myers in Reseda, California said: I take notes too, I do, I'm the same way, that way they ONLY have to tell me ONCE, and then I have everything written down so I "have it".

Dude, I've done EVERYTHING I can in INTERVIEWS:

Worn a suit, not worn a suit. Taken notes, not taken notes. Spoke up and sold myself, not sold as heavily, acted humble, stood on my accomplishments. Worn my glasses, not worn them. Worn perfume, not worn perfume. had my hair up, had my hair down. Laughed at jokes, stayed serious. Been myself, and repressed myself...NOTHING IS WORKING.....IT'S H**L OUT THERE. : (

I think there is such a thing as trying too hard to make an impression nowdays. As far as these people who are like, "People who dress up are more likely to get jobs..." I'm like, "Right.....which is why I've approached people recently in JEANS and obtained actual employment or job leads to work in professional business offices? I think it's my actual personality/actual job skills/talents that are convincing these employers and potential employers, not "Oooo the person has on fancy dress pants/clothes....therefore they must be a good person....." " Some of these employers are making big mistakes by hiring (bad) people with (lousy personalities) just because they look good and wear fancy expensive business clothes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

goiknitwear

56 months ago

I have a physical disability and I am having a very difficult time looking for works. I have had every imagineable emotion there is. I actually think that I may have gone insane at some point, but managed to find my way back. I really experiencing a lot of stress.........

56 months ago

I went to Time Warner to interview today. There were 3 people but only one of them spoke. The 3 had forms to fill out. The one speaking to me was making notes, the one next to him looked confused and wasn't taking notes. The guy speaking looked at him and asked if he was ok. He said yes and the interview continued. The other person was a woman and didn't say anything. It was really wierd. When the interview was over they had me go to the lobby for about 15 minutes and wait. Then the person asking the questions came out and said HR would be contacting me within the next couple of days to give me further instructions as to what to do. I asked if this meant that they were going to offer me a job but he said he couldn't say anything, only HR could. Having me wait in the lobby just to tell me HR would be contacting me was really strange.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Denise in Indianapolis, Indiana

56 months ago

I just stumbled upon this forum and I want to thank everyone. I have been out of work since November, have applied for at least 100 jobs, been on 6 interviews and still do not have a job. I have been feeling like such a loser!!! but now I know I'm not alone. Just reading about everyone's experiences and frustrations has helped.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

I don't know what the acronyms stand for, but hope nobody is seriously hurt :)

F.S. in Salem, Massachusetts

56 months ago

Lyndsey in Littleton, Colorado said: I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that posted on how hard it is to get a job! I am so glad that I am not alone. I have applied to at least 50 positions in the past two months and I have not even recieved a phone call or email to say no thank you. I feel that the positions that I applied for were a good fit for me and I had all the qualifications that they were asking for, but I have heard not one damn thing! It is so FRUSTRATING! What am I doing wrong? I feel that I am wasting my time even sending my resume if I am not even going to get a response back one way or another. I JUST WANT TO KNOW EITHER YES OR NO! Why is that so hard? It's the courteous thing to do.

I receive promises that your resume is good and new are jobs coming in all the time. And then no response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Janet in North Hollywood, California said: I went to Time Warner to interview today. There were 3 people but only one of them spoke. The 3 had forms to fill out. The one speaking to me was making notes, the one next to him looked confused and wasn't taking notes. The guy speaking looked at him and asked if he was ok. He said yes and the interview continued. The other person was a woman and didn't say anything. It was really wierd. When the interview was over they had me go to the lobby for about 15 minutes and wait. Then the person asking the questions came out and said HR would be contacting me within the next couple of days to give me further instructions as to what to do. I asked if this meant that they were going to offer me a job but he said he couldn't say anything, only HR could. Having me wait in the lobby just to tell me HR would be contacting me was really strange.

Okay, calm down...this could be the time for you to come in and fill out a Background Check/Credit Rating/Drug Test info. They made you wait in the Lobby so that they could discuss you, whether or not they liked you or not. I have done this before myself. So, remember...an Offer is NOT an Offer until you sign the Paperwork. I have continued to Schedule Interviews, should I get any, simply because, my new Job starts in oh, 2 1/2 Weeks..A LOT can HAPPEN in that Time. First Offer STILL wins for me, and should you. Yes, I had my Final Interview yesterday and YES, they Offered me the Job, but I was ALSO told to WAIT for a Day or Two to sign my Offer officially when HR is back in Town to write it up.

Janet, you're gone far with this Company, take a deep breath, and wait for HR to call. In the meantime, keep looking. And, if you get the Job, feel free to contact me, I live near you and would LOVE to Celebrate with you over a cup of coffee. :)

Good luck!

56 months ago

Erin Myers in District of Columbia said: Okay, calm down...this could be the time for you to come in and fill out a Background Check/Credit Rating/Drug Test info. They made you wait in the Lobby so that they could discuss you, whether or not they liked you or not. I have done this before myself.

Janet, you're gone far with this Company, take a deep breath, and wait for HR to call. In the meantime, keep looking. And, if you get the Job, feel free to contact me, I live near you and would LOVE to Celebrate with you over a cup of coffee. :)

Good luck!

Okay, so here's a question for everyone...which Offer would you take, Company #1 or Company #2?:

1. Company #1: No Benefits (at all; NONE), 1 week's Unpaid Vacation. 10k "more" per Year than Company #2. Promised Offer Letter to be sent w/in 2 days to me, Offer Letter still not sent. Ongoing issues with me already due to not calling/following up when they should/keeping their Word.

2. Company #2: FULL Benefits, everything from Credit Union to Disability, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, Gym Discount. 10k less than Company #1. HR already contacted me to get the ball rolling/paperwork, has given me a timeline on when everything would be good to go/expect to "start".

Which one would YOU choose? Does $ trump Benefits?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Company #2. They already definitely gave you an offer where #1 one said they would call you. A bird in the hand is better than a bird in the bush.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Erin Myers in Reseda, California said: Okay, so here's a question for everyone...which Offer would you take, Company #1 or Company #2?:

1. Company #1: No Benefits (at all; NONE), 1 week's Unpaid Vacation. 10k "more" per Year than Company #2. Promised Offer Letter to be sent w/in 2 days to me, Offer Letter still not sent. Ongoing issues with me already due to not calling/following up when they should/keeping their Word.

2. Company #2: FULL Benefits, everything from Credit Union to Disability, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, Gym Discount. 10k less than Company #1. HR already contacted me to get the ball rolling/paperwork, has given me a timeline on when everything would be good to go/expect to "start".

Which one would YOU choose? Does $ trump Benefits?

Write it all out. Do you know specifically what it would cost you to purchase all the insurance on your own? Factor in premium increases over time. How much premium will #2 pay for each coverage? Does the 401(k) come with any match? Do you plan on seeking any education? Once you have the numbers in front of you it will probably be clear that #2 is the better offer in terms of overall compensation.

56 months ago

Janet in North Hollywood, California said: Company #2. They already definitely gave you an offer where #1 one said they would call you. A bird in the hand is better than a bird in the bush.

*Nods* I'm heading there as well. It hurts to be making less (Ego) but in reality, there's a better payoff here. :)

Any News from Time Warner, janet?

56 months ago

searching in Arlington Heights, Illinois said: Write it all out. Do you know specifically what it would cost you to purchase all the insurance on your own? Factor in premium increases over time. How much premium will #2 pay for each coverage? Does the 401(k) come with any match? Do you plan on seeking any education? Once you have the numbers in front of you it will probably be clear that #2 is the better offer in terms of overall compensation.

Yes, I do, and yes, #2 has full, 100% PPO benefits, 60% contribution to 401k , PTO, etc....I'm also going to pursue a Bachelor's, so Tuition Reimbursement is very important!

56 months ago

No, I'm not holding my breath. I sent my last unemployment form in today. The end of next week I'll see if I can get an extension.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cinnesyn Caste in Villa Park, Illinois

56 months ago

After being unemployed for almost 2 years, I *FINALLY* found a temp-to-perm position. I was contacted by an agency who worked with me when they had positions I was qualified for and then never contacted me for months when they had nothing. Luckily, something came across their desk that I was perfect for and they called me. I had a 5 minute phone interview with the HR Mgr who realized I was perfect for the position and set up an interview with the department manager and her boss. My interview with them took under an hour but I knew it went well. They called the agency and the agency called me within an hour of the interview wanting to know if I could start THAT DAY. I did, and after 2.5 days on the job, I know we're a great fit. Anyway, I went on probably over 150 interviews. I did get a job during the 2 year drought but was fired due to having bad credit (duh, out of work for a long time usually means one would have money problems!). Anyway, now we won't lose our house and we will be able to pay back everyone we've borrowed money from to eat. OMG, pinch me, I am dreaming... Oh by the way, during that 2 year drought, I did manage to get my MBA. The agency asked me to not tell the client until after they make me an offer, thinking their client would think I was overqualified. Wait until they hear that they got an MBA for the price of just a BS... they're going to love me! LOL

Cinnesyn Caste in Villa Park, Illinois

56 months ago

Oh, I just realized it sounds like I'm bragging (well, I am, a little).

My point is:

The economy is getting better! The jobs are coming back. I know the frustration of the whole job search thing but I think we are turning a corner, so chins up, it will happen for you too!

When I got home from work my first day at my new temp-to-perm position, I had TWO messages on the answering machine from people wanting to set up interviews. I hadn't had 2 interviews in 3 months in the past and now in a span of 1 day, I had 3 possible interviews. Anyway, I called both back and declined so I know there's at least 2 companies out there hiring!

Good luck, and use the forums to vent on, don't vent to potential employers. Always be positive, no matter what!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Cinnesyn Caste in Villa Park, Illinois said: Anyway, I went on probably over 150 interviews.

How the h-e double chopsticks did you get 150 interviews! What industry are we talking about?

I wish I could be as optimistic as you are about jobs coming back, but all the data shows that isn't likely to happen any time soon. Think about this... to return to 6% unemployment (which is still a little high by previous standards) there needs to be more than 6,000,000 new jobs. The number of long-term unemployed (6.5 million) increased by 414,000 in March, while the number of new non-census taker jobs only increased by 123,000.

Merds in Jefferson, Maryland

56 months ago

MiraclePlease in Commerce, Georgia said: Yeah and that place is in the very depths of hell. But before they go to hell they sure will be a huge round of karma after them. So they will feel the pain not once, but twice.

No. When they die there will be a bloated application and interview process to get into heaven. they will spend 500 years waiting for an angel to interview them, another 300 years having to explain every single mistake they have ever made in life, and then will be showed around heaven in all of it's glory...only to be told later, "sorry, you just don't have the qualifications to be here." and THEN be booted straight into hell.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ody in Fremont, California

56 months ago

How is it that such incompetent people have cushy jobs while so many of us who are competent are unemployed?!

So I found this really vague ad on Indeed, for a "Supervisor, Corporate Services". I read the ad, and it didn't really elaborate other than the usual BS about needing a dynamic self starter blah blah blah, and "must have experience with corporate services". What kind of corporate services??? Legal? Photocopying? Facilities? So I go to the company's website, and AH! it's a recruiting agency in Florida! (the job is in california). I look in the "contact us" section, find the name that was mentioned in the ad, and send an email to the generic address listed by her name - asking (politely and professionally, of course) what the heck "corporate services" means. The email bounces! So I look for someone else in the company who actually has a personalized email address.. and send an email saying "I am trying to contact _____ because I have a couple questions about the Corporate Services position, but her email bounced for some reason. Can you please ask her to contact me?" So the next day I get an email saying "I understand you are interested in the corporate services position. Please answer the following questionairre and return with your resume." Apparently she didn't even READ my email because I obviously wasn't asking how to APPLY, I had no trouble spotting the APPLY button on the original ad. To top it off, the questionairre had the question "How many years of corporate services experience do you have?" DOH!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

janet in North Hollywood, California

56 months ago

Ody- I think it is in automation and no human ever saw it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Job Seeker in Methuen, Massachusetts

56 months ago

Persnifinue in Kennewick, Washington said: And Craigslist isn't? It seems that at least 90% of the "jobs" posted on Craigslist are bogus or downright scams. The other 10% genuine ones you never hear back from anyone.

My neighbor just started a job from Craigslist. She responded, was interviewed and offered a job in less than a week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

greatminds in Savannah, Georgia

56 months ago

Job Seeker in Methuen, Massachusetts said: My neighbor just started a job from Craigslist. She responded, was interviewed and offered a job in less than a week.

No one is saying that one cannot get a job from Craigslist. What is being said is that Craigslist is a breeding ground for scammers posing as employers. The amount of crooks posing as employers far outweighs people finding a legit job on Craigslist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Seymour, Connecticut

56 months ago

I've been looking for work in my profession for 14 months after being laid-off. I've had 7 interviews most with second interviews and still nothing.

It's been my experience that doing online job searches and job-boards are totally useless. The only interviews I've gotten have been through friends and being crafty by calling companies and getting a conversation with the right person and that takes skill and lots of luck.

I personally feel many job-seekers are ushered in to interviews merely to keep HR people looking busy these days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

So how was everybody's Easter. Seeing people I haven't seen in the last year asking about my job search. I said I went for an interview last week but I don't think I did very well. So I'm grilled about what was asked and what was said by someone retired and not comprehending what's happening. My sister complaining that she has to support my nephew and his family because they aren't working. My being asked direct questions but when I want to say something they turn away as if I'm not there. At one point my sister had to come into the livingroom to separate me and her 70 yr old man friend as we were arguing about why people deserve health care no matter what their financial situation. I am not going to anymore family gatherings.

greatminds in Savannah, Georgia

56 months ago

Yeah family can be just as cruel and nosy as anyone else. I feel that if they are not helping you in any shape or form, such as having a direct job lead, then they shouldn't say anything. A lot of times some family members will try and embarrass you in front of others and kick you when you are down.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

searching in Northbrook, Illinois

56 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Not to mention headhunters posing as employers.

This is a great article about bad headhunter behavior: blog.nahurst.com/black-hat-recruiter-tactics

56 months ago

Cinnesyn Caste in Villa Park, Illinois said: Oh, I just realized it sounds like I'm bragging (well, I am, a little).

My point is:

The economy is getting better! The jobs are coming back. I know the frustration of the whole job search thing but I think we are turning a corner, so chins up, it will happen for you too! When I got home from work my first day at my new temp-to-perm position, I had TWO messages on the answering machine from people wanting to set up interviews. Good luck, and use the forums to vent on, don't vent to potential employers. Always be positive, no matter what!

Can I just say something too? I mean, after struggling for about a Year, I hadn't gotten Interviews really until oh, 2 months ago, and now that I've decided to move forward with 1 of the 2 Companies that's "courting" me right now, I have had Recruiters contacting me from Job Sites that I am registered with wanting me to fill out applications/etc. I am STILL looking in-between starting my new Job over the next Week or so: Why? Because I want to make sure I'm not turning down ANY Opportunity...ANY. Keep your chin up guys, I think we're seeing an upward turn! I agree, things are opening up where 3 months ago there was NOBODY wanting to talk to me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ody in Fremont, California

56 months ago

Janet in North Hollywood, California said: So how was everybody's Easter. Seeing people I haven't seen in the last year asking about my job search. I said I went for an interview last week but I don't think I did very well. So I'm grilled about what was asked and what was said by someone retired and not comprehending what's happening. My sister complaining that she has to support my nephew and his family because they aren't working. My being asked direct questions but when I want to say something they turn away as if I'm not there. At one point my sister had to come into the livingroom to separate me and her 70 yr old man friend as we were arguing about why people deserve health care no matter what their financial situation. I am not going to anymore family gatherings.

LOL I also went to a family gathering yesterday and one of my relatives, who works for a large company, said that her employer sent out a mass email to all employees, basically advising that instead of complaining about their working conditions, that they should just be thankful that they have a job. She did not have any idea what had triggered this email but I can't believe an employer would have the audacity to send that sort of email.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

greatminds in Savannah, Georgia said: Yeah family can be just as cruel and nosy as anyone else. I feel that if they are not helping you in any shape or form, such as having a direct job lead, then they shouldn't say anything. A lot of times some family members will try and embarrass you in front of others and kick you when you are down.

My fiancee's family is the worst. I had to fight them for over a year to get them to STOP digging into my Life. They would always pry into my Schooling, my Work, talked about my weight...everything. So, I distanced myself and now they complain that I don't give two chits about them, but let me tell you, they caused the problems, not me. The moment I stopped working, BOY did they have a "field day" until THEY too, started struggling for $$$, fiancee's sister's hubby's Biz almost went down making them barely able to pay their Mortgage...lol....I say...:

Karma!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

ody in Fremont, California said: LOL I also went to a family gathering yesterday and one of my relatives, who works for a large company, said that her employer sent out a mass email to all employees, basically advising that instead of complaining about their working conditions, that they should just be thankful that they have a job. She did not have any idea what had triggered this email but I can't believe an employer would have the audacity to send that sort of email.

Easter, for those that "believe", is a "Resurrection Day Anniversary". Now HOW the frack would a "Thanksgiving Themed Email" be RELATIVE to Easter? Sheeze...*shakes head*

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MiraclePlease in Commerce, Georgia

56 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Not to mention headhunters posing as employers.

I just find it all sick. I stopped looking at Craigslist a while back. The ratio of scams to REAL jobs is 100:1. I think that headhunters that use tactics like this posing as employers should be slapped with a big fine or at least investigated. There are also there people preying on those unemployed and trying to steal their personal information to use for malicious purposes.

And Craigslist does NOTHING about it. They are aware of it but they can't get their heads out of their cabooses and come up with a solution. All they have done is come up with a page warning about the scams and that is it. I think they should start validating the so called employers that post there. It's not that complicated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Out to Pasture in Kansas City, Missouri

56 months ago

I have found the same thing to be true. I have applied for countless jobs, and I have had only ONE response and that was a letter stating that they hired someone who was a better "fit" for the job. I have to wonder what that means, when they never even met me!
I'm sorry, but the internet is a valuable tool, but it has completely taken out the human factor. Used to be you would mull over the classifieds, send you resume in, usually to a blind p.o. box, and someone would usually CALL you. Now, who knows where your emailed application goes. Probably into someone's spam folder, never to be seen again.
Showing my age here, but, sometimes the "old" way of doing things isn't so bad.
It's good to have a place to vent!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.