Geez These Interviewers

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Elizabeth in North Chicago, Illinois

13 months ago

I just came from an interview where the practice manager just assumed I'd have a problem with part-time and would be happier working a full-time job. I had to explain to her that I was aware more than 90% of the jobs in today's market are part-time so if this is what I wanted to be doing in life I really didn't have much of a choice working part-time and I'd rather work part-time than not at all in order to what I enjoy doing in life career wise. She acknowledged that and seemed to understand what I was saying. Unfortunately, this isn't the first time this has happened to me while on an interview.

You'd think these interviewers would stop to think and exercise a little common sense. We're STILL in a recession (I can care less what the experts say) and people are hurting for jobs. It's not great secret that part-time is in and that's what many employers are hiring for right now, even outside of healthcare. That said, given I know MOST healthcare reception and general office-type jobs are part-time in today's job market, I MUST be okay with working part-time otherwise I wouldn't be sitting in front of her interviewing for the job. Would I?

Do they NOT get the idea that some of us could care less if it's full-time or part-time and just want a job so that we can earn some money and try to make a decent living for ourselves?

I JUST WANT TO WORK. Hours, pay, location, etc... is all SECONDARY to me right now. JUST GIVE ME A FRACKIN' JOB ALREADY!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

job hunter in Brooklyn, New York

13 months ago

Elizabeth in North Chicago, Illinois said: I just came from an interview where the practice manager just assumed I'd have a problem with part-time and would be happier working a full-time job. I had to explain to her that I was aware more than 90% of the jobs in today's market are part-time so if this is what I wanted to be doing in life I really didn't have much of a choice working part-time and I'd rather work part-time than not at all in order to what I enjoy doing in life career wise. She acknowledged that and seemed to understand what I was saying. Unfortunately, this isn't the first time this has happened to me while on an interview.

You'd think these interviewers would stop to think and exercise a little common sense. We're STILL in a recession (I can care less what the experts say) and people are hurting for jobs. It's not great secret that part-time is in and that's what many employers are hiring for right now, even outside of healthcare. That said, given I know MOST healthcare reception and general office-type jobs are part-time in today's job market, I MUST be okay with working part-time otherwise I wouldn't be sitting in front of her interviewing for the job. Would I?

Do they NOT get the idea that some of us could care less if it's full-time or part-time and just want a job so that we can earn some money and try to make a decent living for ourselves?

I JUST WANT TO WORK. Hours, pay, location, etc... is all SECONDARY to me right now. JUST GIVE ME A FRACKIN' JOB ALREADY!!!

Apparently you have to walk on water to get a decent job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in North Chicago, Illinois

13 months ago

job hunter in Brooklyn, New York said: Apparently you have to walk on water to get a decent job.

Apparently so.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Odenton, Maryland

13 months ago

Show me a frozen lake and I will show you walking on water......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.