Had an amazing interview. Now the agonizing wait.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Exult in San Francisco, California

12 months ago

I applied to this company once before and interviewed with them. I didn't get the job. The experience was crushing and disappointing, but I did eventually get over it.

Now I've had another interview for the same position in another department. This is basically my dream job. The interview went splendidly, but it is a highly competitive field and no matter how excellent I came off, I am well aware that nothing is set in stone and that I can be greeted with yet another letter informing me that this company is declining my candidacy come Wednesday (that's when they said they'd get back to me).

Of course, I could get lucky. I could get the job. But I want that possibility to happen so much that I can scarcely think of it. I find myself engaging in extremely superstitious thinking, trying not to "jinx" myself in anyway.

Two days till I find out. I doubt that any one can offer me any consolation, or a way to mollifying the anxiety of waiting for a response, but it is good to vent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Almost Suicidal in San Antonio, Texas

12 months ago

Do some deep breathing and apply for other jobs. And good luck!

Beth in Plano in Plano, Texas

12 months ago

Keep applying for other jobs...

Try not to get your hopes up. Stay neutral and try not to loose sleep. The worst is to get your hopes up and don't get the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Exult in San Francisco, California

12 months ago

Good advice. It's difficult not to overhype something like this, but I have to keep in mind that this job is not the end all and be all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

12 months ago

Exult in San Francisco, California said: Good advice. It's difficult not to overhype something like this, but I have to keep in mind that this job is not the end all and be all.

Tomorrow, apply for five more jobs.

ANGEL ESQUIVEL in Union City, California

12 months ago

Exult in San Francisco, California said: I applied to this company once before and interviewed with them. I didn't get the job. The experience was crushing and disappointing, but I did eventually get over it.

Now I've had another interview for the same position in another department. This is basically my dream job. The interview went splendidly, but it is a highly competitive field and no matter how excellent I came off, I am well aware that nothing is set in stone and that I can be greeted with yet another letter informing me that this company is declining my candidacy come Wednesday (that's when they said they'd get back to me).

Of course, I could get lucky. I could get the job. But I want that possibility to happen so much that I can scarcely think of it. I find myself engaging in extremely superstitious thinking, trying not to "jinx" myself in anyway.

Two days till I find out. I doubt that any one can offer me any consolation, or a way to mollifying the anxiety of waiting for a response, but it is good to vent.

I JUST HAD ANOTHER INTERVEIW (TEST) WITH THE SAME EMPLOYER ALSO.(DIFFERENT POSITION) ALSO WAITING TO HERE BACK.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.