Have you ever had a panic attack over this unemployment crap?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 94)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Bluetea in Texas

18 months ago

While I often come off as a little pompous, all of us are human. The other night, I woke up about 3:00 in the morning and had the strangest, empty feeling. I thought I might be having a heart attack.

It was a panic attack because I have had them before but this one was different. Just a weird, dislocated feeling and I couldn't get back to sleep for the rest of the night. I couldn't even catch my breath.

Anybody ever get a little frightened over what we are going through and get physically sick over it? I will get over it but I am actually a little nervous about going to bed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Endoftheworld in East Hartford, Connecticut

18 months ago

well if you're in a hopeless situation you ought to be in a panic, putting on the blinders and pretending everything is going to be alright is just delusional thinking.

it's 10 degrees out right now, I wonder how the homeless people are faring, the paper said all the shelters have been filled to overflow with clients sleeping on blankets on the floors.

since I don't do taxes but still get tax statements for my CD's I just added up my "interest" income for 2012 and it wasn't even 1500 dollars, my monthly expenses EXCLUDING those paid for by the State are over $800/month. The headlamp cover on my car fell off so I've got it taped on tho I may end up ordering another online and trying to put on myself, there are many other parts that are falling apart/off but they don't affect driving yet so will live with it.

I've been having the shakes every night before go to sleep and when I wake up for a loong time and was worried it might be Parkinsons but am pretty sure it's just nerves.
I do sleep with my Bears and that helps alot, tho sometimes one of 'em crawls on my face and I dream I can't breathe but then I wake up and it's my little friend, whew!

Personally I am still awake at 3 and then am woken by neighbors at 615 and have to listen to various condo noises, hair dryers, people/dogs shouting/barking outside the relentless stomping, i sometimes fall back asleep once everyone goes to work.

However you may want to see a doctor, I don't know that people can get panic attacks WHILE asleep and not caused by a bad dream.

I can also get panicky in the grocery store aisles when it's crowded so I try to go during the week-day when fewer people are about, I don't like to be seen as it were.

I've had many weird medical things happen to me, from convulsions to seeing showers of light, right now am worried I have arthritis in my ankles/toes and also really bad floaters in the eye.
am sure stress exacerbates things.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin

18 months ago

I know Nick talked about it before he got his job he has now.

My husband had 2 of them at work some time after his head injury. It doesn't take much to get overwhelmed after that. Both times he thought for sure he was going to have a seizure, which didn't help him calm down. The second time he had one it was during a meeting with the new boss, who is a little arrogant you-know-what. The boss and another manager pretty much ganged up on him and drove him to the point where he thought he was going to have a seizure. He started shaking all over and breathing hard. His heart was pounding like crazy and he even started crying, which is another thing that can happen after a head injury. When I heard about that I wanted to go in there myself and punch the new boss.

I still want to report that SOB. I'm sure Mister hotshot new boss covered it up and never told anyone, because he didn't want to get in trouble. If anyone ever treated a supervisor like that, they would have gotten fired.

Anyway, it's understandable that a person can feel panic during these stressful times. Uncertainty sucks! I hate playing the limbo game myself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kim Cirone in Kissimmee, Florida

18 months ago

Yeah I have them, after I wake up or sometimes they hit me in middle of day. I had a bad one last year when I was working that sent me home. I got put on Zoloft but since iam have been unemployed I am not on it now no health insurance. What I do is breathing excerises to help me through it .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Catonsville, Maryland

18 months ago

I have certainly had times where I have panic attacks. Seriously wonder what health issues being unable to find work for so long. I am quite sure I am experiencing effects from stress. Eating too much would be just a symptom. My anger comes out in inappropriate ways all too often now. Especially at idiots like ones who suggest I get a min wage job like it would solve any of my problems.

I am getting somewhat scared of other more serious health issues. Memory would be one of them. I don't know if not having to go to a full time job has anything to do with that. Structured time type thing. I get tired easier now (yea, hush now, I know it has at least something to do with extra weight and not exercising enough).

I am thinking that for any and all of us under and unemployed, there are quite a few stresses which lead to other health issues. A while back I think I remember seeing a study about it and was thinking "yea, no &*(# guys". Stating the obvious.

Going from supporting ourselves (and having a little extra to spare) to paupers is truly no way to live. Watching every last penny, worrying that I can't afford the gas to go somewhere, can I afford just a little something for myself....

Is it worse for those of us who are single? I don't know, but that is the perspective I'm coming from.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sam in Bolingbrook, Illinois

18 months ago

I would actually advise you to stay at this job, however since you plan on quitting a new approach is required. You are frustrated because you aren't venting or being more noticed. What you should do is completely accept you hate it, and that everyone is an meany. Then just do what you can every day and if anyone bothers you tell them off at 1/2 the rate you'd like too. This will make them confused enough to leave you alone and you will feel 1/2 better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jenab in Austin, Texas

18 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: While I often come off as a little pompous, all of us are human. The other night, I woke up about 3:00 in the morning and had the strangest, empty feeling. I thought I might be having a heart attack.

It was a panic attack....

So sorry to hear that. :(

I've never had a classic panic attack, But there's a definite physical toll, and it's a vicious cycle.

BTW, I've never seen you be pompous; glib, sure. Opinionated, definitely. ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin

18 months ago

Joe Gagill said:

The other day on the news it said you should stop using the computer an hour before you go to bed or you will have a tough and rough time sleeping at night.

.

That never seems to bother me. I fall asleep within half hour or less. Sleep is my escape from reality, so I usually can sleep. It's the only time I'm not feeling stress.

I've heard reading a Kindle can before bed can cause problems with sleep.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin

18 months ago

Joe Gagill said:

The other day on the news it said you should stop using the computer an hour before you go to bed or you will have a tough and rough time sleeping at night.

.

That never seems to bother me. I fall asleep within half hour or less. Sleep is my escape from reality, so I usually can sleep. It's the only time I'm not feeling stress.

I've heard reading a Kindle before bed can cause problems with sleep.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

18 months ago

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin said: That never seems to bother me. I fall asleep within half hour or less. Sleep is my escape from reality, so I usually can sleep. It's the only time I'm not feeling stress.

I've heard reading a Kindle before bed can cause problems with sleep.

I have insomnia and I try and read for 30 minutes before going to bed. Reading as in a real book. No TV or computer for me.

Sometimes I do some easy Yoga, which also helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

18 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: I have insomnia and I try and read for 30 minutes before going to bed. Reading as in a real book. No TV or computer for me.

Sometimes I do some easy Yoga, which also helps.

Yoga! Did I ever mention that I watch allot of yoga on the internet. It relaxes me before bedtime.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Endoftheworld in Southington, Connecticut

18 months ago

John in Catonsville, Maryland said:

Is it worse for those of us who are single? I don't know, but that is the perspective I'm coming from.....

Um, Yes, it's waay worse for anyone who is unemployable (w/o a job for 2 or more yrs?) single, lives alone and is self supporting and has ZERO source of income and emotional support and esp. if you are isolated and have no one or no-where to turn to once the money runs out.

I can see myself becoming a homeless vagrant, at this pt. it is much more likely than becoming employed. Am fairly certain I did not get the job I interviewed at yesterday and it is really pointless to even bother to apply anywheres as there is no reason anyone would hire someone who is so undesireable nobody else wants them.

Alot of people might say well go on match.com and find a mate to take care of you, well am 44 and have never dated, I am not exactly "hot" or have any qualities that would make me a good mate, my own soulmate would also be an odd anti-social loner and would not be looking for love online or in some group activity so it's basically ME against The World, come what may...

I am also much more angry and feel more brain dead/spaced out or disconnected, this is all attributable to chronic STRESS and feeling like being in a constant panic can be terribly exhausting.

The situation is also very different for people with short term or longer term NON-permanent unemployment, at least you can tell yourself "this too shall pass" and also for people who were not really looking but if you're doing everything you can and still can't get a job after 3 years, unless the Good Jobs Fairy sees fit to pay a visit, no employer will take pity and hire anyone from the goodness of their heart because they are feeling philanthropic!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jenab in Austin, Texas

18 months ago

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin said: That never seems to bother me. I fall asleep within half hour or less. Sleep is my escape from reality, so I usually can sleep. It's the only time I'm not feeling stress.

I've heard reading a Kindle can before bed can cause problems with sleep.

I'm envious; I've always been a light sleeper (finally found out it has medical causes). I was "remote" based at my last f/t gig, with a flexible schedule so it was easy to accommodate (great boss).

Using a computer or iPad an hour or less before I try to sleep just makes the problems worse. My iPad has a kindle app, and it's less of a problem when I keep it set to black background with white text, but I do notice more of a delay than if I read a paper-based book.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Catonsville, Maryland

18 months ago

And once again, the so called news has added to my stress. The claim was that housing was up 20% last year. That certainly didn't happen in or around Maryland that I can detect. Jobs would have increased (in certain segments).... which I can find none of.

The stock market used to be a reasonable indicator of the US economy. Getting back into all time high territory again, yet many of us who post here do not seem to be seeing the good side effects of more (better paying) jobs.

Endoftheworld in Southington, Connecticut said: Um, Yes, it's waay worse for anyone who is unemployable (w/o a job for 2 or more yrs?) single, lives alone and is self supporting and has ZERO source of income and emotional support and esp. if you are isolated and have no one or no-where to turn to once the money runs out.

I was kinda thinking the same thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

18 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: Yoga! Did I ever mention that I watch allot of yoga on the internet. It relaxes me before bedtime.

I think you watch a different kind of Yoga as I remember.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

18 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: While I often come off as a little pompous, all of us are human. The other night, I woke up about 3:00 in the morning and had the strangest, empty feeling. I thought I might be having a heart attack.

It was a panic attack because I have had them before but this one was different. Just a weird, dislocated feeling and I couldn't get back to sleep for the rest of the night. I couldn't even catch my breath.

Anybody ever get a little frightened over what we are going through and get physically sick over it? I will get over it but I am actually a little nervous about going to bed.

I think for me with not having a job it's depression.

The panic (alittle) comes with thinking bout low retirement savings and what my next job will be. Once I do start working will I get laid off in 10 years...more panic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Plano in Plano, Texas

18 months ago

Endoftheworld,

Maybe try Meetup.com and find a nice guy, I think you might be too bashful and have trouble talking to new people you meet.

My brother in FL is like that.... too quiet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin

18 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said:

The panic (alittle) comes with thinking bout low retirement savings and what my next job will be. Once I do start working will I get laid off in 10 years...more panic.

I'd be happy just to make a year without getting laid off first. I forgot what it's like to have a job for that long.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

18 months ago

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin said: I'd be happy just to make a year without getting laid off first. I forgot what it's like to have a job for that long.

What happen to the headstone gig.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Endoftheworld in Southington, Connecticut

18 months ago

Beth in Plano in Plano, Texas said: Endoftheworld,

Maybe try Meetup.com and find a nice guy, I think you might be too bashful and have trouble talking to new people you meet.

My brother in FL is like that.... too quiet.

Nope, not "quiet and shy" - furtive and mysterious.
mother hammered into me if i don't have anything nice or good to say then don't say anything at all so that is why I keep my mouth shut.
I would never join a meet-up group tho am a meet-up stalker (meaning I follow some groups online so I know where NOT to go hiking).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

18 months ago

Even though I am working now as a court reporter, I will NEVER have the emotional contentment I had five years ago. So I get to eat a little more now. I keep a Happy Meal Halloween bucket in the bathroom sink with water so I don't waste water. One light on. Even though I had food stamps and didn't need to think about food, I was caution.

I have been fairly stable with supporting myself the last six months. I am caution. I am now 55. Until I start collect social security, I will always be standing on the edge of the cliff.

At this point, the survival thing to do is figure "How do you make a living" without it including an employer. I am an independent contractor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nick in Linden, New Jersey

18 months ago

I've had panic attacks on and off for 6 years now. Their origin comes from losing three family members in 1.5 years (both grandparents and mom). Back then, they were so bad that I'd drink myself to sleep (not blackout drunk, just enough to shut my damn brain off for bed) just to avoid them. Terrible, skin-crawling things. Ironically enough, I had a 62k a year job, back then.

They haven't been so bad, the last three years. Strangely though, I find them coming back lately...and I'm happily employed right now. I think I might need a girlfriend. ;) Maybe if I didn't come home to an empty apartment every night, that would help.

My life is also about 50% fantasy. I watch so many shows and movies, listen to music, play video games, it's ridiculous. It's very obvious that I'm trying to escape something. =P I'd go to a therapist about it, but wouldn't you know....healthcare doesn't cover mental health. They just assume that everyone is good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cheshire in Mississauga, Ontario

18 months ago

I've had severe panic attacks while trying to sleep, its a product of thinking too hard about where I am in life and how much further other people my age seem to be.

I now will not let myself think that far ahead, theres no point. I try and live in the now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin

18 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: What happen to the headstone gig.

Didn't hear from them, so I guess that's a no. I wasn't really sure about that job anyway. I still have my illustration work for now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

18 months ago

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin said: Didn't hear from them, so I guess that's a no. I wasn't really sure about that job anyway. I still have my illustration work for now.

This is The Death by a Thousand Cuts. All these "little" cuts eventually build up and take their toll on us physically. We just don't realize its happening until we wake up at 3:00 in the morning, scared out of our minds.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sighing in southern, New Jersey

18 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: While I often come off as a little pompous, all of us are human. The other night, I woke up about 3:00 in the morning and had the strangest, empty feeling. I thought I might be having a heart attack.

It was a panic attack because I have had them before but this one was different. Just a weird, dislocated feeling and I couldn't get back to sleep for the rest of the night. I couldn't even catch my breath.

Anybody ever get a little frightened over what we are going through and get physically sick over it? I will get over it but I am actually a little nervous about going to bed.

I got a massive panic attack about a month ago. 430 in the morning. I woke up, and it started. I had one 6 months ago, but they had stopped-had several years ago. It is so scary. I have to take a sip of water and walk around for a little bit.

I went to the doctor the other day, and I am getting a lot of bloodwork done next week. I do have a chronic illness, but she is thinking stress is causing some issues with me now. I need to get myself on track, because we CANNOT be sick when we do find jobs.

My biggest worry now is the increasing gap, along with the loans. But, I am also wondering when I will find something. The uncertainty is the worst. Thank God for health insurance and my husband.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin

18 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: This is The Death by a Thousand Cuts. All these "little" cuts eventually build up and take their toll on us physically. We just don't realize its happening until we wake up at 3:00 in the morning, scared out of our minds.

I've dealt with unemployment, temp jobs, lay offs and part times jobs for so long, that I think I'm just used to it. No, I'm not happy like that. It affects my husband as well and he doesn't need more stress.

After going through having my husband in ICU with a brain injury from his accident 2 years ago, unemployment is a piece of cake. Nothing can top that stress. Amazingly, I slept pretty good during that time. I think the stress wore me down so bad that I just collapsed in bed.

That's why I find it so hard to answer that question, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" I can't even get my plans to go right for a year. How the heck can I plan 5 years. Life seems to have other plans for me all the time. I just take it one day at a time. It seems to work better if I focus now instead of later.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

18 months ago

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin said: I've dealt with unemployment, temp jobs, lay offs and part times jobs for so long, that I think I'm just used to it. No, I'm not happy like that. It affects my husband as well and he doesn't need more stress.

After going through having my husband in ICU with a brain injury from his accident 2 years ago, unemployment is a piece of cake. Nothing can top that stress. Amazingly, I slept pretty good during that time. I think the stress wore me down so bad that I just collapsed in bed.

That's why I find it so hard to answer that question, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" I can't even get my plans to go right for a year. How the heck can I plan 5 years. Life seems to have other plans for me all the time. I just take it one day at a time. It seems to work better if I focus now instead of later.

"Man plans and God laughs" - old Arabic saying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

jenab in Austin, Texas

18 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: "Man plans and God laughs" - old Arabic saying.

And another apropos saying, is "being pecked to death by ducks."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Plano in Plano, Texas

18 months ago

Bee,
You were probably so physically and emotionally drained that your body had zero energy. Sometimes I read about your husband getting injured and feel very bad for you. I pray that things get better for the both of you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin

18 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: "Man plans and God laughs" - old Arabic saying.

Life is what happens while you were busy making other plans.

I think God has laughed a lot at me. He probably laughs when I get angry and frustrated. "Hahaha, look at what stupid things I made her do now!"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jenab in Austin, Texas

18 months ago

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin said: Life is what happens while you were busy making other plans.

I think God has laughed a lot at me. He probably laughs when I get angry and frustrated. "Hahaha, look at what stupid things I made her do now!"

I hear you. My variation on that is "This is one set of circumstances she'll never think to plan for..."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin

18 months ago

Beth in Plano in Plano, Texas said: Bee,
You were probably so physically and emotionally drained that your body had zero energy. Sometimes I read about your husband getting injured and feel very bad for you. I pray that things get better for the both of you.

If you only knew the whole story. It's a long one. It hasn't been a fun ride. So you think that you get stupid and insensitive comments from being unemployed? You should see the stupid comments people make when you (or a family member) get a head injury.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

18 months ago

I've got good news!! The paralegal degree I got eight years ago (which I never reaped any benefits from). When you're getting food stamps and are budgeting money for gas, you don't have extra money for things like student loans.

It was up to $4,500, with interest. I got a private loan for $4,000. It is up to $4,500 now with interest. I made them an offer for $2,500 which I will take out of my IRA.

I just opened their mail (from mid-December. They will take $1,500. They will get a cashier's check this week. I actually had tears of joy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

18 months ago

I have started paying $50.00 a month on my Federal loan ($10,000). Once I am out of this $82,000 mortgage, I will be a clean woman!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado

18 months ago

Congratulations!

Be sure to get a letter discharging your debt or similar release from them. Maybe you can add "full and final payment and release of all claims" language to the check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

18 months ago

That's what my dad said. Things can only get better.

These last four years, DPL (and a few others) you have really helped me to survive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

15660 in Denver, Colorado

15 months ago

My wife Stop the panic attack use this new method
panicattackdisorder.panicattackguides.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Unhappilyunemployed in Pennsylvania

15 months ago

I don't get outright panic attacks like I used to, but I sure have had to live with anxiety, crying ,and nightmares where I relive my layoff over and over again. Funny how most people seem to have no concept of the emotional toll a sudden layoff will take. It's one of the things in life where you have such little control. If you are in a bad marriage, you can get out and make a new life for yourself. Most of life's traumas have an end in sight at some point. But when you are out of work, you have no way of knowing if you will ever work again, especially when you are no longer young. For me, I have no way of gauging the end of this nightmare and it's wearing on me. I miss the days of knowing that a new job could be relatively easy to find, especially if you were willing to take some refresher courses and start at an entry level salary (that was much better than today's $8.00 an hour). I miss having "hope" and this is so not like my general personality.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

Unhappilyunemployed in Pennsylvania said: I don't get outright panic attacks like I used to, but I sure have had to live with anxiety, crying ,and nightmares where I relive my layoff over and over again. Funny how most people seem to have no concept of the emotional toll a sudden layoff will take. It's one of the things in life where you have such little control. If you are in a bad marriage, you can get out and make a new life for yourself. Most of life's traumas have an end in sight at some point. But when you are out of work, you have no way of knowing if you will ever work again, especially when you are no longer young. For me, I have no way of gauging the end of this nightmare and it's wearing on me. I miss the days of knowing that a new job could be relatively easy to find, especially if you were willing to take some refresher courses and start at an entry level salary (that was much better than today's $8.00 an hour). I miss having "hope" and this is so not like my general personality.

The loss of a job on a stress scale ranks right up there with the loss of a child. This is especially true for males.

The problem stems from a now outmoded concept of us defining ourselves by what we do for a living. Psychologists say that this is risky today.

As for panic attacks, I had a horrible one about a month ago. It woke me out of a sound sleep and kept me up for a few hours. I knew what it was so I had to take one of my crazy sister's valium and it still took me a while to calm down.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dog_Guy in Miami, Florida

15 months ago

Just refilled my Xanax so now have a full bottle in the cabinet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

15 months ago

Unhappilyunemployed in Pennsylvania said: I don't get outright panic attacks like I used to, but I sure have had to live with anxiety, crying ,and nightmares where I relive my layoff over and over again. Funny how most people seem to have no concept of the emotional toll a sudden layoff will take. It's one of the things in life where you have such little control. If you are in a bad marriage, you can get out and make a new life for yourself. Most of life's traumas have an end in sight at some point. But when you are out of work, you have no way of knowing if you will ever work again, especially when you are no longer young. For me, I have no way of gauging the end of this nightmare and it's wearing on me. I miss the days of knowing that a new job could be relatively easy to find, especially if you were willing to take some refresher courses and start at an entry level salary (that was much better than today's $8.00 an hour). I miss having "hope" and this is so not like my general personality.

The problem nowadays with looking for a professional job is that it's really out of your hands. Dopey experts will say if you do this and that you can and will find a job.

Truth is that you have little control over getting a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

15 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: The loss of a job on a stress scale ranks right up there with the loss of a child. This is especially true for males.

The problem stems from a now outmoded concept of us defining ourselves by what we do for a living. Psychologists say that this is risky today.

As for panic attacks, I had a horrible one about a month ago. It woke me out of a sound sleep and kept me up for a few hours. I knew what it was so I had to take one of my crazy sister's valium and it still took me a while to calm down.

Crazy sister. LOL!

Does she ever ask you, let me read the posts on Indeed? Or is she strictly a tv person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Plano in Plano, Texas

15 months ago

Unhappilyunemployed,

What was your previous career field ?

I will pray for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

15 months ago

Beth in Plano in Plano, Texas said: Unhappilyunemployed,

What was your previous career field ?

I will pray for you.

You must be tired with all the praying your doing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin

15 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: You must be tired with all the praying your doing.

Eventually one of ours will be answered. I'm praying to win the lottery. So far that hasn't worked.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

YourCalIisBeingRedirected in SomewhereOverTheRainbow, Kentucky

15 months ago

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin said: Eventually one of ours will be answered. I'm praying to win the lottery. So far that hasn't worked.

Too funny, Joe and Bee! Both of your responses were spot on! Lmao!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

beginagainla in Bakersfield, California

15 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: You must be tired with all the praying your doing.

Lol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Steven Wendt in Caharlotte, North Carolina

15 months ago

Unemployment and even getting into new jobs is a scary things. No one likes change and this is a big change. I've been there and to overcome depression I had to keep my head up, constantly apply for jobs, reassess what I was looking for and even make life sacrifices. You should also try to gain as many skills and education as possible to better improve your hiring power. The more you can do, the better off you are.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

15 months ago

Steven Wendt in Caharlotte, North Carolina said: Unemployment and even getting into new jobs is a scary things. No one likes change and this is a big change. I've been there and to overcome depression I had to keep my head up, constantly apply for jobs, reassess what I was looking for and even make life sacrifices. You should also try to gain as many skills and education as possible to better improve your hiring power. The more you can do, the better off you are.

And now we should go to your website primocards. Right??????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.