Here's another one for you...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Jobseeker in Concord, California

12 months ago

How do you transition from one type of work to another, when you really don't have time to learn the new one through a volunteer job? You know companies these days. They want "X yrs experience". :-(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

12 months ago

Jobseeker in Concord, California said: How do you transition from one type of work to another, when you really don't have time to learn the new one through a volunteer job? You know companies these days. They want "X yrs experience". :-(

You don't. Companies don't want transferrable skills. They want someone who has actually done the job. Hence, the "X yrs experience" requirement.

It also eliminates all those SAHMs, whose kid just entered 1st grade.

12 months ago

Tell that to the EDD office folks. They have the opposing opinion. :-/

(And what's "SAHM"?)

Joe Gagill in Poughkeepsie, New York

12 months ago

Stay at Homes Mothers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

12 months ago

Jobseeker in Concord, California said: Tell that to the EDD office folks. They have the opposing opinion. :-/

(And what's "SAHM"?)

SAHM - Stay at home Moms. Often women who want to re-enter the work force because little Joey is now in 1st grade.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

12 months ago

Jobseeker in Concord, California said: Tell that to the EDD office folks. They have the opposing opinion. :-/

(And what's "SAHM"?)

EDD still recommends 32 lb. resume paper with matching envelopes.

Unix Brat in Asheville, North Carolina

12 months ago

"Looks like Joey skipped school today. Come here so Mommy can give you a swat on that bottom!"

12 months ago

What does the name Bluetea refer to? Is that a drink down at Earl's? How is Earl these days?

12 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: EDD still recommends 32 lb. resume paper with matching envelopes.

LMAO! Ya, they're VERY antiquated, but you'll never get THEM to admit to that. ;-D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

So what's a person do then? There has to be SOME way to make a living, without starting one's own business. (Which I'd be a fish outa water with.) I'm not a sales person, nor the management type. (Which everyone seems to want these days. :-( )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

Jobseeker in Concord, California said: So what's a person do then? There has to be SOME way to make a living, without starting one's own business. (Which I'd be a fish outa water with.) I'm not a sales person, nor the management type. (Which everyone seems to want these days. :-( )

I believe this time of day Blue is taking her afternoon nap. Picture a 66 year old woman sitting on the couch, head back, mouth opened, snoring. Doesn't get any prettier.

12 months ago

Joe Gagill in Poughkeepsie, New York said: I believe this time of day Blue is taking her afternoon nap. Picture a 66 year old woman sitting on the couch, head back, mouth opened, snoring. Doesn't get any prettier.

That's not answering my question. *smirky smile*

NOYB in Saint Louis, Missouri

12 months ago

Joe Gagill in Poughkeepsie, New York said: Stay at Homes Mothers.

Although in some cases, the M in SAHM could be for MILF ;)

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.