Hiring manager requested I apply and now no response....

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

JLC in Wilmington, Illinois

37 months ago

I received a call from a hiring manager requesting I apply to an open position three weeks ago. He stated he received my resume from a colleague and then emailed me the Req# he wanted me to review. I logged onto the company website and submitted my resume. I sent a follow up email where I expressed interest in discussing the position further. I have not received a response to my email or a call from their HR department to schedule an initial phone screen. Would you send another follow up email to the hiring manager and if so, when? The position is still listed as open.

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

37 months ago

JLC in Wilmington, Illinois said: I received a call from a hiring manager requesting I apply to an open position three weeks ago. He stated he received my resume from a colleague and then emailed me the Req# he wanted me to review. I logged onto the company website and submitted my resume. I sent a follow up email where I expressed interest in discussing the position further. I have not received a response to my email or a call from their HR department to schedule an initial phone screen. Would you send another follow up email to the hiring manager and if so, when? The position is still listed as open.

Thank you.

No more emails. You either call him on the phone and/or move on.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Indie_One in Wichita, Kansas

37 months ago

If you logged in, you may have already been screened and disqualified.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Dog_Guy in Miami, Florida

37 months ago

Indie_One in Wichita, Kansas said: If you logged in, you may have already been screened and disqualified.

I finally figured out that's what's going on with the City jobs I've been applying for, I don't think any applications I do see the light of day much less seen by a human person.

Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Plano in Plano, Texas

37 months ago

Dog_Guy,

Keep trying, eventually someone will bite and hire you.

Your background should work in you favor.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

JLC in Wilmington, Illinois

37 months ago

Thank you for all of the feedback. I currently have a job and was not really looking. He said he received my information from a colleague. He called my cell phone and we discussed a few things. I applied and now nothing. I am pretty sure I don't care to work for him now but just thought his behavior was odd. He reviewed my resume prior to my formal submission as well.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.