Job Offer - Fake Transcripts

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (46)

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

42 months ago

GimmeShelter: What was the "dream job" that you applied for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

OldandSad in Saddle Brook, New Jersey

42 months ago

GimmeShelter in Toronto, Ontario said: I applied for my dream job with transcripts where I modified some of the grades. Now I have an offer. They're asking for official transcripts within the next 30 days. What do I do ?

You're SCREWED and it serves you right! I always thought dishonest folks like you made it in this world. It's nice to know the tables are turning. I don't mean to be unkind but you don't sound like a very ethical person. I hope you learned your lesson.
Your post was real wasn't it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

btc2008 in Sandusky, Ohio

42 months ago

OldandSad in Saddle Brook, New Jersey said: You're SCREWED and it serves you right! I always thought dishonest folks like you made it in this world. It's nice to know the tables are turning. I don't mean to be unkind but you don't sound like a very ethical person. I hope you learned your lesson.

I also don't mean to be impolite, but with no one getting jobs, this one gets, from what's described, as a reasonably exceptional job offer. It doesn't seem fair.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

John in Austin, Texas

37 months ago

What if a person had extenuating circumstances? What if he had a death or birth in a family, disability issues, worked over 60 hours while going to school, had child custody battle, divorce battle, you name it? What if he still knows what he studied? What if he doesn't just test well? What if that person is some kind of orphan immigrant? is that all fare? Some kids just have all their things paid by the parents and then they get good grades and then their dream job. Is that fare? How can anyone reduce a person to just a GPA number? Is that fare? You all people suck. Poor dude. Good luck with job search. I hope you make it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (75) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Someone in Sacramento, California

37 months ago

Well, if you're serious about this dream job you'd see that when you start lying and faking you keep doing so. You simply just alter your official transcripts, Fraud.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

37 months ago

You can really get yourself into legal hot water. You should have never done that. Don't ever falsify any information. Tell the absolute and honest-to-God truth. After all, Jesus said that "You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

TryingHardToFindWork in Arlington, Virginia

37 months ago

That's a bad move you made here. Many applications end with a section that more or less says "All the information presented is true and correct to the best of my knowledge," and when you sign it you're agreeing with that statement. What you did may come back to bite you in the behind.

For future positions you apply for, always, ALWAYS tell the truth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Manie in Montreal, Quebec

37 months ago

Well you can work two more weeks there and you can tell them that you want to open your own business because you prefer to work during the night or tell them that this job is not for you. Tell them that your grandmother died a few weeks ago and you are feeling depress, tell them that you got a new job offer.. Tell them that you dont want to work for them anymore
does that make sens
Because Anyway the y will figure out that your transcript was fake and then you lll be in a kin d of black list for the rest of your life....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Manie in Montreal, Quebec

37 months ago

OK. So then refuse the offer ... Anyway they would have not hired you . you changed your grades because you had some bad grades I guess.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Vicky in Montreal, Quebec

37 months ago

GimmeShelter in Toronto, Ontario said: I applied for my dream job with transcripts where I modified some of the grades. Now I have an offer. They're asking for official transcripts within the next 30 days. What do I do ?

Sure Now you can get a fake official transcript you need to buy one

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Christine in Houston, Texas

37 months ago

Gimme Shelter,

Ignore the crude remarks of others. It is very easy for some to cast judgement onto others from behind the screen of a computer. It turns out, we are all human; we are all united in our imperfections. The only difference between you and them is the scarlet letter you've made for yourself. Now for some friendly advice:

What do you feel is the RIGHT thing to do? Follow your gut... it knew the answer long you posted. This is a question of ethics. It's effects will determine your future. Best wishes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

David

37 months ago

Sounds like you are OK with this person being dishonest and a fraud.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

IslandStyle

37 months ago

Christine, sounds like you wouldn't know what ethics was if it hit you upside the head. The guy didn't just forget to put a prior job on his application, he knowingly, willingly, and admittedly falsified official documents.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

James in Pompton Plains, New Jersey

31 months ago

Reggie in Carbondale, Illinois said: Listen, ignore most of these self-righteous morons & wanna-be lawyers. The vast majority of American capitalism is built on lying, cheating and stealing. Oh full of it am I? So it's perfectly ethical for corporate America to screw the working class over while collecting welfare in the form tax payer funded credits and tax cuts and at the same time corrupting government and shipping hard working American jobs to oversea death camps? You all want to tell me that it's gimmeshelter who screwed up? Sit on a d*ck! As for you GimmeShelter. I say purchase a realistic looking false official transcript, turn it in and get that job. Tons of people land jobs using false credentials, including fake doctorates, even people in high ranking government jobs have done this. The retards on this forum sound mad they didn't think of this first.

While I agree with some of what you're saying, this is not the point at all. The point is the fact that someone like me, who worked his tail off at his job and an internship (Oh... not to mention the Bachelor's degree with distinguished honor's that I've received), is having a lot of trouble finding a job now that I've graduated. But the original poster of this thread simply falsifies documents (because he was too busy on Facebook while in college) and gets his dream job? That's bull****, no matter how you look at it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Tommy in San Diego, California

30 months ago

I did something similar to obtain a paid internship. I hope everything worked out, and next time you need advice like this don't look for it on an open-to-society forum. Most of the naysayers probably work for someone like you or I, don't let them get you down. Good luck with your career!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Tommy in San Diego, California

28 months ago

IslandStyle said: Christine, sounds like you wouldn't know what ethics was if it hit you upside the head. The guy didn't just forget to put a prior job on his application, he knowingly, willingly, and admittedly falsified official documents.

Unofficial transcript=official document? Not quite. Also, Christie had valid input no need for the insult.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

YouAreADumbAss in Minneapolis, Minnesota

28 months ago

Your best bet would be to tell them you accepted a different job offer and then never have contact with them again. If you do anything to make them suspect fraud and tip off a public attorney who then files an interrogatory, you could be indicted for fraud and serve serious prison time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

28 months ago

YouAreADumbAss in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Your best bet would be to tell them you accepted a different job offer and then never have contact with them again. If you do anything to make them suspect fraud and tip off a public attorney who then files an interrogatory, you could be indicted for fraud and serve serious prison time.

I don't think so. In a rare circumstance or situation maybe, but highly unlikely.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Investor Guy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

28 months ago

Ethics aside I don't think this is one you can wiggle out of. The chance of them catching you in this lie are very high and the chance of negative repercussions that could effect future jobs are real. I think your only option is to withdraw. There are many jobs that don't ask for grade transcripts. I barely graduated college but it has not hurt my career at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Logan in Lansford, North Dakota

27 months ago

Mail them under ur schools address.
Lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DayWalker562 in Rosemead, California

27 months ago

dawg, All you do is order a fake official transcript from one of those websites and have them copy your actual transcripts but alter the grades like you did. If the new job you got calls the school to check, no prob because you got the actual degree that they will ask about, who cares about the specific grades.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CJ in Keene, New Hampshire

27 months ago

OldandSad in Saddle Brook, New Jersey said: You're SCREWED and it serves you right! I always thought dishonest folks like you made it in this world. It's nice to know the tables are turning. I don't mean to be unkind but you don't sound like a very ethical person. I hope you learned your lesson.

I agree with you. Karma is a you-know-what. You got what you deserved. Lesson is, you won't be doing that again, will you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

James in Denville, New Jersey

27 months ago

Ok, I really want to know what happened with this GimmeShelter person (the OP). Did you end up going through with it? What happened?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

ToBoeingOrNotToBoeing in Seattle, Washington said: I cheated in one class. I gave another student my homework. So we all do it, I believe.

The only time I cheated in college is when we had to do research papers. I forget the correct name to them.

But I would plagerize them by copying right out of the book. I hated doing them.

I never plagerized papers for English class though. I always enjoyed writing book reports or whatever they were called.

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado

22 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jenab in Austin, Texas

22 months ago

Dcb215@gmail.com in Cumming, Georgia said: I say be smart about it - Don't say you have a masters or a phd - but a bachelor degree to get a job - I say freakn go for it.

"people who never try anything, will never have anything" the reward outweighs the risk!

Do you realize easy, quick, inexpensive, and common it is for companies to get background checks, especially for something so easily verified? Seconds to request, and for a basic one, minutes to get a response.

I've seen people lose job offers, but worse, people who've been hired contingent on passing a background check get fired. One guy I worked with lost his job because he carelessly put the wrong date for a bad check judgement on his application. It wasn't the fact he kited a check and got caught that cost him a good job; it was the fact he inaccurately declared it. The boss was at least nice enough to let him know he was about to be terminated for cause and why, to give him a chance to resign first so he wouldn't have that permanent black mark on his employment record.

Sidestepping a requirement is one thing; lying about it is another, especially one so easily verified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ToBoeingOrNotToBoeing in Seattle, Washington

22 months ago

Actually, if someone got a job by saying they had such and such degree, and the job they did, like say, a psychologist, affected
people's lives significantly, the employer does have a right to sue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Average in Medford, Massachusetts

22 months ago

dcb215 in Cumming, Georgia said: I decided not to enroll into a real college and go into debt. I got a degree, a trascript and somebody to verify it for me. Cost me $300 bucks. LOL! Been working "college degree required" jobs ever since.

You have got to be working in sales, retail management or in the government. Where else would a generic degree with no specialized skills work for you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado

22 months ago

Don't feed that troll.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

dcb215 in Cumming, Georgia said: LOL..............

Do you work for Benchmark? Or one of these agencies............

State Farm Insurance - Evan Profeta, Agent
Waters Insurance Agency, Inc.
324 Dahlonega Street, Cumming GA
Laurie Brand McMorrow - State Farm Agent
4265 Canton Highway, Cumming GA
Insurance of GA
1415 Haw Creek Circle, Cumming GA
SCHNEIDER & ASSOCIATES, INC.
P. O. BOX 1336, Cumming GA 30028
Campbell and Company

I wonder what the HR of these and any other agencies found in Cumming would think if they received an e-mail informing them that an employee with the initials of dcb comes on a site and brags about their phony degree, that they're a claims adjuster. Wonder if they'd even come on indeed, read dcb's posts and then figure out who the employee is. Wonder about that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

dcb215 in Cumming, Georgia said: LOL, still not seeing the big picture I see. I'll clear it up for you, you could send an email to all those companies - but what if i work in a sorrounding town or city? HMMMM? LOL, that's a lot of emails to blindly send! But I'm glad people like continue to miss the BIG PICTURE!

I do see the big picture DCB. I can see the macro and the micro. I'm highly aware that the world is unfair and yet, it's an absolute miracle to be alive and experience being a human.

At the same time, we all get choices. And someone's choice may be to send out several e-mails cc'd to many of the agencies out there, let 'em know the wage you're touting and any other identifying features you've posted on here.

You never know, maybe the person receiving the e-mail is someone, like many of us, who busted their butt going to college, and they'd love to fire your a$$.

I don't know who might do the investigative work. I do know that I spent a year and half researching a drug house and its occupants, two houses over. The policeman who aided me said I should be a private investigator; he was amazed at my research skills. There's a lot of info on the web. The drug house was demolished June 2012.

I wonder, if someone did figure out who you were - and you were fired - if you'd be LOL-ing so much.

Yes, I see big and little pictures. I like looking at both of them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

sighing in southern, New Jersey

22 months ago

I will say this, anyone who is thinking about lying about credentials and/or degrees/falsifying educational info. needs to wake up.

A few years ago, a woman I know had a co-worker who was discovered to have faked her credentials. She was fired, and her professional license was taken from her. She can no longer work in that field. Her career and name are ruined. She probably never thought she would get caught. I have NO sympathy for her, or for anyone who does this.

Buying a fake diploma or license is one of the craziest things I have ever heard of.

I have worked at 2 places where HR did audits of their files. We had to resubmit paperwork. I had to provide transcripts and copies of my degree.

This is not a game.

I am not in HR, but if I am ever responsible for hiring, you can be sure I will check the documentation of every person I interview. Not everyone in HR is just pushing paperwork; there are people who actually check the information.

So, those who are not listening, go ahead and fake your credentials. I hope you get found out. You deserve it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Google has significant info about users when you type in their e-mail addresses, even if they changed their user name from their email address to a name without it.

The beat goes on, beat goes on
Drums keep pounding a rhythm to the brain
La de da de de, la de da de da...............

Jake in Sycamore, Illinois

21 months ago

N/A in Atlanta, Georgia said: GimmeShelter,

It has been a long time since your post. You post something of that nature on a forum full of orderlies. I want to know how things have been going with the "dream" job you got 24 months ago.

I have a bad GPA in college and I have thought a lot about faking these sort of stuff. I have read a lot of forums and topics; including a lot of hateful comments.

Ethics aside, look at the world at face value. Everybody cheats, one way or the other. Even glancing over at your buddies paper so that you can get a 98 instead of a 92 puts ethics into question. The world is a cold-place. You do what you have to do to get by.

You're also posting it in a wrong place. If I want to talk about being a black racist, i wouldn't go posting about it on the anti-racist campaign forum.

If you can imagine it, you can do it.

Everything with this post is absolutely laughable. Good luck moving up ANYWHERE with that moral compass.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Me4me in Alexander City, Alabama said: go to createatranscript.com create your own

I don't know. Words that come to mind after briefly checking out this site. Sad and Sadder. However,

I really don't blame people who lie to get a job. What companies expect from applicants nowadays is utter nonsense and unreal even for entry level positions. I understand this is just leveling the playing field. I don't blame anyone for using it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Me4me in Alexander City, Alabama said: go to createatranscript.com create your own

Funny thing is, do I lie alittle here and there in searching for a job, of course.

But I get the feeling that there are literally hundreds of thousands of thousands of people out there who have lied so much more and that is one reason I haven't landed a job yet.

It's really companies' faults. They are asking the candidate for too much and in doing so are getting so so employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

20 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: Funny thing is, do I lie alittle here and there in searching for a job, of course.

But I get the feeling that there are literally hundreds of thousands of thousands of people out there who have lied so much more and that is one reason I haven't landed a job yet.

It's really companies' faults. They are asking the candidate for too much and in doing so are getting so so employees.

The more questions you ask, the faster you will get to a lie.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous Anon in New York, New York

20 months ago

Jake in Sycamore, Illinois said: Everything with this post is absolutely laughable. Good luck moving up ANYWHERE with that moral compass.

You poor little gullible sheep. Jobs require skill, not morals. Whether or not you cheat your way in is up to you, because at the end of the day, all that matters for the company is your performance. Demonstrate it, and you will move up in no time.

To be quite honest, you sound jealous that there are people out there who have an easier time landing jobs. Grow up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

pops in Long Branch, New Jersey

19 months ago

Don said: John you can't be serious. Falsifying official school records is dishonest and regardless of why you got those grades you are far better off explaining the reason behind those poor grades then altering them. Not to mention most Universities allow you to retake failed courses and they average the new grade with the old grade. Anyone who makes excuses for this scumbag is just as scummy as he is. YOU sir make me sick.

Don, you need to chill out. Speaking from experience, explaining reasons behind poor grades, no matter how difficult the situation is, never works. The employer either thinks you are just making it up to justify the partying the lazyness or it just comes off as desperate and pathetic. I'm a single father of 2 and take care of my sick parents and work 2 jobs while going to law school. My grades are about 60% of what they could be had I an extra couple of hours to study and keep up with the material. I honestly would never risk modifying my grades on the transcript, especially going into the legal field where that can easily amount to fraud charges, but I can certainly understand why someone would.

TO GimmeShelter: the problem with official transcripts is that there are ways to test if they are real or fake. There are often small areas designated for "bleach testing" which is where one drop of bleach will turn it a specific color indicating whether it is authentic or fake. The key to any transcript falsification is the special paper used by each school. Obtaining this paper is nearly impossible with the same watermarks. Sometimes even the font used is not a free font making them difficult to alter keeping the same look. There are a couple of websites offering fake transcripts but I have never ordered from them nor have spoken to anyone else who did [I doubt many people would admit using fake transcripts]. In either case, you are in quite a difficult situation and sincerely do hope it works out for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

FORGIVE ME in Quezon City, Philippines

16 months ago

I had a terrible argument with my mother then about decision or standing point in my life, which she didn't understand, she always thinks she is right all the time and to her anger she cursed me that I wouldn't able to finish my study during my college years. Mystery happened, all my classmate believed that I could finish but something unexplainable did happened to me. I quit my schooling.

In the end, I was so down, got few jobs for high school grad. qualification only. Then I decided to venture to fake my TOR. Ever since I got jobs, I had always been promoted step by step from sales to loan verifier supervisor, until I became a manager and owned the branch for many years, I promoted one manager and trained her, the owner and management even enrolled me for another promotion - lately I resigned because they wanted me to transfer too far from my home as the mgr there had been AWOL, beside one company was offering a much greater salary package near my local. Then I applied and they liked me too, there I was then trying to be honest, when it comes to money, I exposed their corruption but I tend to quit my job. Then I applied again, I made growth to such millions for the company and i even asked for increased and I got it - but the company made violation and closed. So lastly, I applied again, they are all graduated, I dare as I need job to feed my whole family. HR said I was over qualified for the position but the package is enticing, so out of 40 peers in group i was recognized and became top seller, after a month my manager even promoted I believed I contributed some parts to him. They wanted me to regularize and offer me much higher package again with car, I turned it down because frankly I know who i am.

Now, I am in small business in my life wanted to be millionaire one day so i want to grow it, I never quit in spite of all. We all make mistakes in our life, sometime because of someone, but I tend to forgive all, I always wanted to have good life. Fake TOR.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

byanymeansnecessary in Goodyear, Arizona

14 months ago

I understand where you're coming from. I know I'm really late but I do hope you found a way and took the job. If I had got to this post in time I would have told you to order another fake transcript, a duplicate of your schools official envelope and a cheap stamper that says something like official transcript and then mail it from a post office or hand deliver it.

Heck, its hard out here and people who are willing to think outside of the box are the people who get ahead. The others just sit around hating b/c they want to make all kinds of excuses or are too afraid to just take what they want.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Need New Job in Chicago, Illinois

14 months ago

What you are suggesting is fraud. Cell Block B is full of "outside the box" thinkers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jeniffer Mark in New York City, New York

9 months ago

Applying for job with Fake Degrees can get in very serious trouble, as others are saying that you should refuse your job offer and make any excuse. If you are trapped by Fake Online degree you can report them to BBB. Visit this website www.priorlearningdegree.com/non-fake-degrees/ it will tell you that how fake degree are available on internet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Andromeda Rising in Rockbridge, Ohio

9 months ago

A ways up the list, someone mentioned plagiarizing their research paper. I remember all the ads you used to see for "term paper services." Maybe they're still out there. But nowadays a lot of instructors run student papers through online databases that flag any text that already appears in the database.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

9 months ago

Andromeda Rising in Rockbridge, Ohio said: A ways up the list, someone mentioned plagiarizing their research paper. I remember all the ads you used to see for "term paper services." Maybe they're still out there. But nowadays a lot of instructors run student papers through online databases that flag any text that already appears in the database.

A little off-topic but my nephew is a detective and if they are looking for you, the first place they look is Facebook. You have no idea how dumb some people are.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gravy4baby in Royal Oak, Michigan

8 months ago

YouAreADumbAss in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Your best bet would be to tell them you accepted a different job offer and then never have contact with them again. If you do anything to make them suspect fraud and tip off a public attorney who then files an interrogatory, you could be indicted for fraud and serve serious prison time.

Actually, no he couldn't. No monies were given/paid to the offender, based on their "falsified" transcript. All this person did was an over-zealous version of falsifying his application. You couldn't even be blacklisted for this-as all you would have to do is never list this potential employer on your resume, and why would he, if he never started working.

Here's my actual advice to the person who posted this thread-The fact they are requesting an official transcript, would give me the notion they may not be buying your doctored version. Either stop while you're ahead, and start seeking a new job, or purchase a fake transcript. This isn't necessarily going to end your problems though. They may want you to grant authorization to request the official from the University directly.

EIther way, it's a very competitive job-market. You gotta do what you can to make yourself marketable. Good Luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.