Medical Assistant

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

kiki9 in New Jersey

25 months ago

Any thoughts/experience on becoming/being a Medical Assistant?

The healthcare field is supposed to be strong...but that could also mean an over-saturation of candidates too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

25 months ago

kiki9 in New Jersey said: Any thoughts/experience on becoming/being a Medical Assistant?

The healthcare field is supposed to be strong...but that could also mean an over-saturation of candidates too.

My niece is one so I can only comment indirectly. They will soon go EMR so there will be less of a demand. DO NOT GO to a for profit school - they will laugh at you. If you speak Spanish, you will get hired over those who don't. Many places require experience and this is often hard to get.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Unix Brat in Asheville, North Carolina

25 months ago

I worked in healthcare settings for 5 1/2 years so I'll chime in.

Medical Asst's that get hired by nice doctors, in nice neighborhoods, typically deal with nice patients.

Conversely, an MA could get stuck and have their disproportionate share of rude, disrespectful folks.

My forecast for medical assistant: the jobs will increase here in the US. Two reasons why I believe this--

1) first, the folks who had been using ER waiting rooms for non-emergency purposes will soon be filling up physician waiting rooms.

2) medical assistants serving abusive entitlement populations will burn out and leave the profession faster than you can say "supplemental nutrition assistance program."

If someone considering this field has thick skin, then I say go for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jodi Miller in Kent, Ohio

2 months ago

The medical assistant career has one of the fastest growth rates of any occupation—the national average is about 11 per cent, while this sector is currently growing at a whopping 29 per cent rate and it will continue to do so till 2022. Read this article to get more info.....
www.indeed.com/forum/gen/Career-Advice/Medical-Assistant/t455636

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Andromeda Rising in Rockbridge, Ohio

2 months ago

Dear Jodi (post above this, which I hope will be removed). Why are you posting in threads and providing links to those very same threads? There's no article in your link.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.