Nursing Home

Comments (2)

kateleyn in Springfield, Virginia

11 months ago

So last week I had an interview at this nursing home near my house, and it went great. During the interview the manager was discussing about my availability (which I said anyday they need me), about my job description and how much I will get paid and about how i have to go to oriantion before working. Oh by the way I applied as a companion for the elderly there. During the interview I told her how I will be getting my CNA license next month and she said that's perfect because I've I get it they can transfer me to a CNA position there. Anyway, right after the interview she sent me to human resources where the lady there gave me documents to fill out and bring back on Friday (last week). On Friday, I came back and gave her my completed documents and she sent me to do drug test and a TB test. Befoe I left she said they will contact me when the background check comes back (2 weeks according to her). It's already Wednesday and they haven't contacted me yet. They only called one of my references though (who I know gave in a good word for me). Oh and yesterday on of the managers there did contact me but just to double check that my availability was correct. I'm so nervous this job means a lot to me! I did sign a job description document & a job agreement. Should i wait for them to call me or should I email the HR last about my status? And why did they only contact one of my two reference I gave them? I'm so scared! I want this job more than anything and I'm feeling so depressed.

Leeann66 in Kitchener, Ontario

11 months ago

kateleyn in Springfield, Virginia said: So last week I had an interview at this nursing home near my house, and it went great. During the interview the manager was discussing about my availability (which I said anyday they need me), about my job description and how much I will get paid and about how i have to go to oriantion before working. Oh by the way I applied as a companion for the elderly there. During the interview I told her how I will be getting my CNA license next month and she said that's perfect because I've I get it they can transfer me to a CNA position there. Anyway, right after the interview she sent me to human resources where the lady there gave me documents to fill out and bring back on Friday (last week). On Friday, I came back and gave her my completed documents and she sent me to do drug test and a TB test. Befoe I left she said they will contact me when the background check comes back (2 weeks according to her). It's already Wednesday and they haven't contacted me yet. They only called one of my references though (who I know gave in a good word for me). Oh and yesterday on of the managers there did contact me but just to double check that my availability was correct. I'm so nervous this job means a lot to me! I did sign a job description document & a job agreement. Should i wait for them to call me or should I email the HR last about my status? And why did they only contact one of my two reference I gave them? I'm so scared! I want this job more than anything and I'm feeling so depressed.

BE PATIENT !!! Sounds like they are interested in you because they are staying in touch with you. Don't be scared your doing good just give them more time to get back to you. Wait at least another week before you contact them.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.