Out-of-State Staffing Agencies

Comments (12)

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

Have any of you guys ever come across local job openings and the staffing agency is out of state?

For example: I just came across an ad for an accounting clerk position right here in the Philadelphia area. Although I don't qualify for the position, I wanted to see where their office was located at so that I could send my resume there for any future openings. I checked it out, and lo and behold, their offices were located in New Jersey and Connecticut: nothing here in the Philadelphia area.

I am looking for a job here in the Philadelphia and I will not go to an out-of-state staffing agency. I will only apply to, interview with, and accept work at a company or agency who is hiring right here in the Philadelphia area, and that's the bottom line.

Tell me if you guys have ever come across this.

Friend in Des Plaines, Illinois

49 months ago

Don't discount out-of-state staffing agencies. I was placed for a local temporary job for a few months by an recruiter from an agency in L.A.

49 months ago

I'm not discounting them. I'm just telling it like it is. Why should I have to go out of state to interview for a job right here in Philly? I can't afford to make such a trip. I'm on SSDI and my income is very limited.

Kim in Chicago, Illinois

49 months ago

I have received many emails and calls for agencies that are out of state. It is often the same agency and the job is located in the same city. If an agency is based in GA or FL why don't they just concentrate on jobs in their local area. This jobs can be filled with many candidates in the local area. I avoid them. Never respond to them and never return their calls, I know they are fake. Especially when they are Indian recruiters.

DigThis in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania said: I'm not discounting them. I'm just telling it like it is. Why should I have to go out of state to interview for a job right here in Philly? I can't afford to make such a trip. I'm on SSDI and my income is very limited.

Are you sure you would have to travel out of state for an interview. Maybe the position would only require a phone interview.

I recruit for positions all across the country but do not require anyone to travel to the Philadelphia area for an interview.

If the job looks interesting to you, you might as well apply. If they tell you during your 1st conversation that it would require you to travel to CT for an interview just let them know that it's not a possibility.

49 months ago

DigThis in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania said: Are you sure you would have to travel out of state for an interview. Maybe the position would only require a phone interview.

I recruit for positions all across the country but do not require anyone to travel to the Philadelphia area for an interview.

If the job looks interesting to you, you might as well apply. If they tell you during your 1st conversation that it would require you to travel to CT for an interview just let them know that it's not a possibility.

Thanks Digthis, but I'm only looking for jobs where the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring is done right here in Philadelphia.

Kim in Chicago, Illinois

49 months ago

Hey Dig this, why would someone give you their personal information when they cannot see you in person and know that your business is a real one? I would never give you my Social Security over the internet, fax or over the phone. There are enough people in the local area to focus on.

49 months ago

DigThis in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania said: Are you sure you would have to travel out of state for an interview. Maybe the position would only require a phone interview.

And besides Dig This, after a telephone interview, if you're qualified, most companies will bring you in for an in-person interview. It's OK for somebody who has a lot of money and is willing to travel out of state, but I'm not.

Zamo in Boston, Massachusetts

42 months ago

Kim in Chicago, Illinois said: Hey Dig this, why would someone give you their personal information when they cannot see you in person and know that your business is a real one? I would never give you my Social Security over the internet, fax or over the phone. There are enough people in the local area to focus on.

Screw these out of state clowns, especially like what was said, "the Indian Jokesters!" I fell for this trick once, provided everything from soup to nuts for these people & NEVER heard back from them again. I will never fork up that type of info on myself again over the phone & why is this all of sudden a big foreign market? I still receive calls from them & it never fails, they have an accent. Stay away from these clowns, they self proclaim themselves to have big biotech/biopharm positions. They don't!

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

42 months ago

I had some recruiter clown in Texas email me on two occasions about a local "job." On both occasions, she asked in her second email to me, after I'd indicated interest, for the last four of my SSN as well as my DOB. Huh? Both times, I told her there was no way I was giving out that information over the internet when I'd never even met her. I also gave her a few choice words back about the unprofessionalism of even asking for that information up front for a person I'd never met who is in another state.

Sorry, I'm not giving out personal information over the internet to a person I've never met and don't know is legitimate. That's insane.

Motor City in Farmington Hills, Michigan

42 months ago

They are not suppose to ask your age that is an illegal question. Ask them what good does the last 4 digits of the Social Security number do? Or better yet, make up the numbers and give yourself a birthday that is fake, see what they can do with it. They play games with you, and you play them back.

Sal in Salt Lake City, Utah

42 months ago

I have noticed that the same companies are contacting me over and over again. What about companies that are in my local area? If I look in the phone book there are many that have never contacted me, yet I have several who can reach out over a thousand miles away. How do they get job orders? If I had an opening that needed to be filled, I would not call a recruiter in Florida that has no local office to fill my opening. I am not going to pay for and Admin to relocate when I can find hundreds of qualified candidates within a 10-15 mile radius of my office. Some ads even state that they want local candidates only. Nobody wants to drive 2 hours in snow to get to work, and no employer wants to hire someone who lives so far away that they will be late when the weather is bad out.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.