PLEASE HELP ME OMG IM DYING... (Email Interview?)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

Eric in Saint Catharines, Ontario

17 months ago

I have applied one of Networking company online lately.
Today I received an email with attached file "Networking Test and HR Questions"

I was just wondering... There are 140 questions and I do not know some.. or i only know actually 50% or more...

They know that I just finished my college (they even asked to submit transcript when i applied).

They also clearly stated that "We are going to screen your answer on internet".

Should I still google some answers... I wanna be honest, but I'm scared if they are not going to hire me...

Please help me ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Almost Suicidal in Cibolo, Texas

17 months ago

Google answers, rely on the most reliable hits, go beyond page 1 of the results. Dig deeply, then, you will know the answers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Need New Job in Chicago, Illinois

17 months ago

Is it timed?

Absolutely use google.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

Almost Suicidal in Cibolo, Texas said: Google answers, rely on the most reliable hits, go beyond page 1 of the results. Dig deeply, then, you will know the answers.

Hi, I could do that.. but when they actually face me for an interview in the future... I wouldn't be able to answer those.. i'm scared.. also i dont wanna show them that i know EVERYTHING.... I wanna be honest..

but at same time I wanna get hired..

17 months ago

Need New Job in Chicago, Illinois said: Is it timed?

Absolutely use google.

No it's not... i have as much time..

17 months ago

How detailed are the questions?

17 months ago

Eric in Saint Catharines, Ontario said: Hi, I could do that.. but when they actually face me for an interview in the future... I wouldn't be able to answer those.. i'm scared.. also i dont wanna show them that i know EVERYTHING.... I wanna be honest..

but at same time I wanna get hired..

Well, my point was, if you do deep searches, you will learn the answers to those questions, and when you go into the face to face you WILL know.

17 months ago

Need New Job in Chicago, Illinois said: How detailed are the questions?

just definition quesitons... or basic knowledge...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

Almost Suicidal in Cibolo, Texas said: Well, my point was, if you do deep searches, you will learn the answers to those questions, and when you go into the face to face you WILL know.

damn there are like 150 questions ... T.T

17 months ago

Eric in Saint Catharines, Ontario said: damn there are like 150 questions ... T.T

Yes. pretend you are in school and studying for a final!

They don't call it work for nothing.

17 months ago

Shouldn't be hard for you to memorize in the event of a face to face interview. Especially since you are still in college cram mode. Just writing them down will help you remember.

Good luck.

Calfornian in Hayward, California

17 months ago

What is a networking and HR test? Can you give a sample question, maybe not the exact question, but something close to it?

17 months ago

Calfornian in Hayward, California said: What is a networking and HR test? Can you give a sample question, maybe not the exact question, but something close to it?

They are like "What is Framing".. "what is fixed size framing".. things like this... I can't answer them in 1 word haha

17 months ago

If this is what they're talking about

www.linktionary.com/f/framing.html

I'd certainly have no chance. You could just answer it and see what happens. That is, assuming you don't mind wasting a couple of hours.

17 months ago

Calfornian in Hayward, California said: If this is what they're talking about

www.linktionary.com/f/framing.html

I'd certainly have no chance. You could just answer it and see what happens. That is, assuming you don't mind wasting a couple of hours.

Yes that is what i'm talking about haha, basically it's not like i do not know ANYTHING.. i know about half of them...

They also know that I just finisehd my college which is why they asked for transcript.

I'm just scared about face interview later...

17 months ago

Look, it's tech, who the heck knows what they'll ask, or, what they're looking for. I'm not a networking guy, although sometimes I wish I was, it looks saner and more stable over there, so I could be totally wrong, but I'd say answer what you know and see how it goes.

Bluetea in Texas

17 months ago

Eric in Saint Catharines, Ontario said: Yes that is what i'm talking about haha, basically it's not like i do not know ANYTHING.. i know about half of them...

They also know that I just finisehd my college which is why they asked for transcript.

I'm just scared about face interview later...

Oh, don't be such a pu$$y. Wait til you get the 3:00 am call and nobody else is answering THEIR phones. Then, its ALL you.

That's what separates the men from boys.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Oh, don't be such a pu$$y. Wait til you get the 3:00 am call and nobody else is answering THEIR phones. Then, its ALL you.

If someone entrusts a recent college grad with that kind of responsibility they get what they deserve. On the other hand, when the interviewer asks "tell me about a time...". Unlike me, you'll have that time.

Bluetea in Texas

17 months ago

Calfornian in Hayward, California said: If someone entrusts a recent college grad with that kind of responsibility they get what they deserve. On the other hand, when the interviewer asks "tell me about a time...". Unlike me, you'll have that time.

Recently, I have been getting this during an interview. They give a scenario and then they say, "Now if you were the ONLY person making this decision....".

I get the feeling that I may be the only employee.

17 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: "Now if you were the ONLY person making this decision....".

I love how in interviews we're expected to come up with stuff that the locals probably agonize over, research, go online, ask the boss, etc., in a pretty random process. But in the interview you have to have a sound, direct, logical, plan of action that you put together in 30 seconds.

I once had a guy ask me why my last employer failed. I didn't give a direct answer because it's a very complex discussion, and he wasn't a complex guy. There were dozens of reasons that I could name. None of them the main cause but a contributor and really there wasn't just one thing. It's like looking at a guy and saying "he died of cancer" and forgetting that he smoked for 30 years. But that was the kind of answer he was looking for.

Still, that type of question beats the obscure technical question any day of the week. At least you are thinking not memorizing.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.