Respiratory Therapist vs XRay Tech

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

julie123 in Bakersfield, California

74 months ago

Looking for a new career. Does anyone have any comment about the current job outlook for RT and x ray tech. Is there a shortage in any medical profession except RN. any help is appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

GreatLakes

73 months ago

Hi, I can answer the x ray tech portion of your question. I am a registered Radiation Therapist and Radiologic Technologist who scans the job boards on a regular basis for a couple of years now. The market is not as open as it once was, but there are definately jobs for x ray techs out there. I always encourage people to look at what the field can offer them because after x ray school you can go into other branches of the profession or climb the ladder in the department administration...and having future career options is a plus after a couple of years of shooting films. Personally, if the option for Radiologist Assistant had been an option for me when I was in school I would have jumped on it. Or even Physician Assistant.
Also, the Advance for Radiologic Technologist Professionals had an article about how the profession will only grow in the up and coming years due to people living longer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.