Same people respond to Craigslist posting

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Brooklyn Babe in Brooklyn, New York

30 months ago

I have placed many ads on Craigslist and have a a few that have responded several times. They are all small companies, usually give out a cell phone number and not the office number, don't give any or very little details about what they are looking for. They responded about 6 months ago and are responding again. Makes me think that they are either very picky, hard to work for, pay must be very low that people just don't want to work for or stick around. On response was from a small auto repair shop, I am not going to fix cars or do bookkeeping and not sure why they want someone 25 miles away, so am not going to call. Should I stop looking at Craigslist?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Chicago, Illinois

30 months ago

I have had people respond saying that they need a "Cleaner" to clean thier home, they don't really have a job and the send this to every person who puts something on Craigslist. Don't say where they are located, and I guess they can't sleep till they get a bite as they send them at 3 or 4 in the morning.

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

30 months ago

Some CL ads are posted to mine for information.

Sometimes, you see the same ad run several times. I know a place where I interviewed five months ago has run the same exact ad at least three times since then. This likely means there's some sort of problem with the job or the atmosphere there. They've gone through 3-4 people in six months, but yet I'm not good enough to fill the job? This just blows my mind.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jenab in Austin, Texas

30 months ago

Brooklyn Babe in Brooklyn, New York said: Should I stop looking at Craigslist?

No, there can be some gems found there, but even more than other boards you need to be very careful, and do your due diligence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

30 months ago

Brooklyn Babe in Brooklyn, New York said: On response was from a small auto repair shop, I am not going to fix cars or do bookkeeping and not sure why they want someone 25 miles away, so am not going to call. Should I stop looking at Craigslist?

I have. Haven't had much luck with Craigslist.

If they would charge $50.00 for the job postings, this would clear up a lot of the crap that you find there.

Brooklyn Babe in Brooklyn, New York

30 months ago

Some of the big cities do charge employers $25 to post jobs, but they do not charge job seekers who place ads stating the kind of jobs they seek. Anyone can respond to the ads placed on Craigslist for free and some of the people who do respond do not say much about what they offer, use a different disposable email each time, or are looking for someone for the same opening for months. Only small companies use Craigslist. You will never get a response from a fortune 500 company that way. I stopped posting my ad, as it is nothing but junk emails that clog up my inbox. I never put my name or email address in the listing only a summary of my resume leaving out companies and dates, as I will only email a resume to a company that is genuine, not someone who wants me to cash fake money orders for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tyronne in Elk Grove Village, Illinois

30 months ago

I never received any good responses from my resume on Craigslist. They respond with such crazy things such as if I am looking please respond. Hello I am telling you in my listing that I am looking for a job how stupid of a response is that? Getting others for ladies in Russia which has nothing to do with jobs.

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin

30 months ago

My last employer found me on Craigslist. I've also gotten interviews through jobs I applied to on CL. It's about as good as any other site. You might find something or you might not. I need to try as many places as possible these days. Slim pickings everywhere.

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

30 months ago

The good thing about CL is that it's usually smaller outfits looking for people, meaning they usually want a cover letter and resume rather than completion of an online job application.

I actually think CL is better than CB (now possibly the worst site), SH and this site.

Again, the problem with CL is fake ads, some recruiters (less than the other sites by far) and ads asking for salary history, salary expectations and references up front. Asking for that information blindly isn't kosher at all, and I don't respond to such ads.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

30 months ago

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois said: The good thing about CL is that it's usually smaller outfits looking for people, meaning they usually want a cover letter and resume rather than completion of an online job application.[QUOTE]

This is true. How good CL is, might depend on your area.

Around here, there are a lot of outfits wanting you to sell vacuum cleaners or whole life insuarnce, door-to-door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin

30 months ago

I wanted to sell vacuum cleaners but the hours sucked.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.