Tired of Scams!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 106)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

bryn04 in Statesville, North Carolina

59 months ago

I had an interview scheduled the next day and I was certain it was going to be the exact same thing since the interview was identical. My friend talked me into going because I wouldn't know for sure unless I went, and I couldn't meet somebody,,, and I had nothing else to do that day, so I went. Sure enough a young women not much older than me told me to get in her car and we'd be driving to the "field". We show up at a business park and the whole way there I'm asking what the job is like. She tells me its all commission, no benefits and I wanted out. But I was stuck so I spent the entire day following this women around to business selling spa packages. SPA PACKAGES. I was so upset and I couldn't leave because I was stuck. For 8 hours I went with this woman to business which clearly said NO SOLICITING but she did it anyway. She sold one the entire day and on 33% commission she only made 12 bucks.

It makes me really angry that people post these types of positions and mislead the jobseeker thinking that it's a marketing position. I got so upset it turned me off of looking at any jobs on the internet, especially the main sites because I figured they are all scams. So Here I am 6 months later without a job because I have nowhere else to look.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (75) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

59 months ago

Well, Bryn04, it was a learning experience. Right now the job market sucks. It will get better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

YES! JCW was one of the scams I'm talking about. I couldn't even find their office. It was the gold windows building on Independence but I almost gave up because JCW wasn't listed on the board when you walk in. I was getting ready to walk out when I asked somebody and they said they worked in the building and have never heard of them but to try the 10th floor that maybe they would know. So I went up to the 10th floor and there was a law office and the receptionist was handing out the forms for it. They also went by Blackout marketing. AMT marketing, ACG and Associates are all the same thing. They get you in there to sell products and def not legit at all, stay away!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Oh and when I asked the interviewer why they were so difficult to find, he replied " Oh we just like to stay hidden" WHAT KIND OF COMPANY lIKES TO STAY HIDDEN!!! How they work is that companies in the area need extra help marketing their service or products so for ex. the one with JCW was a spa company and asked JCW to give flier type things out to people. So you as an entry level go sell it to people in the community only making 33% off the price. Once you have made enough per week to be the top seller, you have people under you and you make commission off of them. the manager makes commission of of all the people in the office so he comes out making 6 figures a year usually. Its nothing but a pyramid scam, oh and they don't tell you that you have to work on saturdays too. No benefits, no base salary and you have to put tons of miles on your car to go sell these products and not to mention the gas. It's a tax write off but seriously??? That is why the advertisment for the position is ALWAYS reposted on the major websites and they get you in there by saying its "marketing".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

vicque fassinger in Cleveland, Ohio

59 months ago

I agree with what has been shared here.

If you post your resume on the Internet, do NOT put your snail mail address on it or your name.

Instead of posting resumes to different sites, I always recommend YOU selecting where your resume goes and who reviews it (vs. you just putting it out there for anyone ANYONE!!!! to see and read and find out all sorts of personal and professional info about you!)

Respond to ads that include the name of their company.

Go to actual web sites of companies you would like to work for (even if they aren't posting openings), and send your resume to them via their web site. that post the name of their company. There ARE often times when a company does not want to be hassled or bothered with the whole process of posting an ad and screening applicants. They may have an opening, or be thinking of hiring someone, and then your resume appears - out of the blue! So, instead of you being 1 of 1000 applicants, your snail mailed or emailed resume is the only one that shows up that day! (If your resume is jaw-dropping phenomenal in layout, wording, and design, I recommend you snail mail it instead of emailing it if you have an actual address). Place it in a large white envelope so that you do NOT fold the resume or cover letter. Find out the name of the owner of HR Manager or hiring guru and put that person's name on the envelope (if you don't put anyone's name on the envelope, you have no way of calling a week later to see if "so and so" received it - and thus it could have easily been stopped by the Receptionist who got the mail, opened it, loved the design and wording and decided to keep it for herself to use as a template for her resume).

There are many real jobs on the Internet. I just never recommend sending out one resume and then sitting back and waiting for a response.

Send out many. Keep track of where you sent them and when you sent them. Be ready for the phone interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Thanks! I appreciate your note and enjoy reading your postings as well.

It's just so important (with everything in life) to stay positive, optimistic, and joyful - depression and apathy can try to slip in at any moment.

Life is, ultimately, a state of mind - it's how we view things, it's how we act (vs. react), it's what we value, and how we treat others that matters most (whether they be our colleagues, our supervisors, our family, our friends, or strangers on the street.)

It is very interesting for me to read many of these postings here and to see the words people choose to use to describe others and their circumstances.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Thanks for the encouragement Vicque! Do you think it's ok to send the resume and letter of interest to companies that don't have any jobs available? I guess it couldn't hurt, but you're right, it does take alot of time and effort. I thought I had tried it all, I guess not! Thanks that is very helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Hey Bryn04 - thanks for the comment. I think DLP addressed your question too, but I will add and remind everyone that YOUR job and YOUR career is in YOUR hands.

Just because someone offers you a job, doesn't mean you have to take it! I always recommend thanking the employer when they offer you a job right there in the first interview - but saying, "May I get back to you in 24 hours?"

That will do several things.

1) Show you are not desperate (though you may often feel that way)

2) Give you time to think it over. No one is looking for a job for a month to then always be thinking about some other job and more interviews. Why waste your time and their time?

3) Talk it over with your loved one if you are in a committed relationship. Does your spouse mind being home with the kids all week while you travel as a saleman out of town?

4) You can ask questions you didn't ask before - what are the benefits? Vacation time? Commissions? Etc. If you accept the job offer straightaway - it's too late to negotiate anything else - like maybe money for your move or help selling your house if you are relocating.

So, yes, send your resume to companies that aren't advertising. YOU NEVER KNOW. In life, half the work is SHOWING UP (whether in person or with an awesome resume!) Sitting back thinking about what you'd like to do, or what you ought to do - will get you straight to NOWHERESVILLE.

Design a plan of action. WRITE IT DOWN. The new year is right around the corner. Decide where you want to be and what you want to be doing with your time and your life. WRITE IT DOWN.

Do more and talk less. Figure out what is important to you and plan your course as best you can. Some things in life we just don't have any control over. Most of the stuff though we CAN do something about - our mindset and our footwork to name two.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

jen in Charlotte, North Carolina

54 months ago

Apple Unlimited is another scam. they go into the "field" and only make money through commissions. Totally not worth going to. It's much like a "cattle-call." tons of people were there for the same job, but they wanted to hire everyone. It so wasn't worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

I can't clearly stress this: Hotjobs and yes, even CareerBuilder, have a lot of scammy job ads open. I don't even respond to them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

arms

54 months ago

You may as well ad ESKAL, Inc. to the list as well as Elevation. These companies keep cropping up all over the place. They know people are desperate for money right now and are taking advantage. These scams have been going on and growing larger every year. I don't know why some government office hasn't stopped them!I worked for ESKAL for 9 days, before I finally said ENOUGH! We were required to be there at like 7:30 am. All the employees would go into a "conference" room and play games and sing songs for an hour. Yes, I said play games and sing songs like school children. We then went to our vehicles. Some days going over an hour away. We would walk from one business to the next trying to get them to switch their current credit card machine provider. Around 7:30 pm we bearded back into the office one by one only to go back to the room and sing more songs and play more games! The games and songs were not optional either, you HAD to stay and participate. In those 9 days I was told it was salary plus commission, but I never saw one sale. When it came time to get paid, they told me they didn't pay for training! Ok, so I used MY vehicle, MY gas, paid for MY meals, ruined 2 pair of MY shoes for THEIR company and I get nothing. I contacted the labor board. Three, if not four, years later I still have not received a dime.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mr Anonymous in Dallas, Texas

54 months ago

One thing I learned years ago: If THEY have to sell YOU on the job, run!

And then there's the old agage: if it sounds too good to be true, it IS. But like P.T. Barnum said, "a sucker is born every day."

Real, legitimate employers may invite you to apply with their company but they will be very upfront with what they do and what you'd be doing. Everything else I ignore.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mac in Charlotte, North Carolina

50 months ago

Yes, there are tons of fake jobs out there. I posted my resume on careerbuilder & have already been contacted by Apple Unlimited, Elevation Marketing, CORE & JCW Consulting. I googled all of them & Apple & Elevation when I was typing in the name google suggested scam. So, I didn't even bother showing up. I googled CORE but couldn't find anything on them, so I went to an interview this morning & it seemed really suspect. I wasn't given an opportunity to ask any questions & the interview lasted about 2 minutes. They claim to sell Directv in Best Buy but idk. They say the same things the scam companies do and they found my resume the same way. I have an interview with JCW Mktg tomorrow. I'm guessing I shouldn't waste my time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thurmtheworm in Charlotte, North Carolina

46 months ago

I thought I had a handle on who to avoid on the job boards. Through experience and with my history of searching, the word "commission" means "next!". And if you can't get full information, "next!". And if it's too easy, "next!". I'm now avoiding "No experience necessary" as if my 2 degrees matter, "next!". There are enough "clues" to tell you that a Google search is not necessary. No website, "next!". No phone listing, "next!". On occasion, I come across companies like JCW who have changed their name (sent as Redline Advertising) or created another name to fool the public, but a yp.com reverse look-up reveals the true company. Their email made me stick my chest out, proud to be "selected", that made me suspect. The result, 'next!". Even if you just graduated, don't get suckered, just move on to the next one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Crystal in Tallahassee, Florida

45 months ago

thurmtheworm in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I thought I had a handle on who to avoid on the job boards. Through experience and with my history of searching, the word "commission" means "next!". And if you can't get full information, "next!". And if it's too easy, "next!". I'm now avoiding "No experience necessary" as if my 2 degrees matter, "next!". There are enough "clues" to tell you that a Google search is not necessary. No website, "next!". No phone listing, "next!". On occasion, I come across companies like JCW who have changed their name (sent as Redline Advertising) or created another name to fool the public, but a yp.com reverse look-up reveals the true company. Their email made me stick my chest out, proud to be "selected", that made me suspect. The result, 'next!". Even if you just graduated, don't get suckered, just move on to the next one.

Thank's so much for your posting. My husband and I are looking at moving to Mooresville from Florida and I just got a call from them for an interview. Thank goodness I do my research before calling people back. I too got the "selected" e-mail. Wow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gia in Chicago, Illinois

45 months ago

Scams I have received were emails from companies like Artech, Fountain Group & Grafton. None of them are in IL They tell me either the city or the company name in the email. They give a very detailed job description. Local recruiters never email you the job description unless an interview is scheduled. Someones the recuiter is an Indian name and they send the emails as english is a second language for them and it is easlier for them that way. I also found that the phone number they give is a direct number and it is not the main line which you always go through with local ones as they always want to know "who is calling" to determine if you should go into voice mail or not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jobless and fed up in Salisbury, North Carolina

43 months ago

thurmtheworm in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I thought I had a handle on who to avoid on the job boards. Through experience and with my history of searching, the word "commission" means "next!". And if you can't get full information, "next!". And if it's too easy, "next!". I'm now avoiding "No experience necessary" as if my 2 degrees matter, "next!". There are enough "clues" to tell you that a Google search is not necessary. No website, "next!". No phone listing, "next!". On occasion, I come across companies like JCW who have changed their name (sent as Redline Advertising) or created another name to fool the public, but a yp.com reverse look-up reveals the true company. Their email made me stick my chest out, proud to be "selected", that made me suspect. The result, 'next!". Even if you just graduated, don't get suckered, just move on to the next one.

OMG i have an interview with Red line on tomorrow, WOW thanks for the tip GAS is too high to be going up and down the highway for some bull. Whew you saved me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jobmarket guru in Kannapolis, North Carolina

42 months ago

PT Barnum said it BEST...There is a Sucker born every minute. That is why these Marketing jobs Prevail

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

mouten57 in Monroe, North Carolina

42 months ago

thank you so much everyone for your advice. I have a second interview schedule tomorrow for redline advertising in charlotte but I don't believe I will be going to that. I was there today for the first "interview" and I also had no chance to ask questions. after 5 minutes, the interviewer says, "ok, you've made it to the next round, we'll see you tomorrow at 9am." I was shown a list of how you progress in the company and he made it look like you could advance to directer of operations in 6 months, no exaggeration at all. While there i could here the receptionist making phone call after phone call of other people that had qualified for the interview. the office was crappy, the receptionist or HR director said that they had been moving around alot. all of this equals extreme sketchiness. I can wait a little bit longer for a legit offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

Oh yes. I'm tired of looking at these "great job opportunities" that turn out to be nothing but door-to-door selling scams. Go on to www.ripoffreport.com, click on Employers, and you'll find such stories about people who fell for these scams.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

A lot of these so-called "marketing" jobs are really scams. Plus they're nothing but door-to-door sales jobs.

If you go to www.ripoffreport.com and click on "Employers" you will find some really sad and horrible stories about these jobs. They have people walking around in questionable neighborhoods, and so forth.

I would never ever dream of going into a stranger's house. You don't know what's going to happen. Somebody in there might pull a gun on you, or even sic their dog after you.

Stay away from those types of jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jonathan in Charlotte, North Carolina

40 months ago

WooooooooW!
I jut literally got the exact email TODAY!
I checked BBB first...not accredited.
Then I googled the name and partial address and found this forum.
So thanks everyone who had the address and email posted in your comment.
It helped a whole lot!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

madd in Charlotte, North Carolina

39 months ago

Ok, I get it. You all are mad because you've been misled by this so called (by you) Scams. You applied to a BUNCH of job postings, which you probably didn't even read. I get it, you are unemployed, broke and desperate (like 14% of Americans are right now) and you feel like they "prey" on people like you. But have you stopped and wondered how they are not shut down by the government? Don't you think that at least 30 people would have gone to the authorities to report them? The answer is really simple... IT IS NOT A SCAM AND IT"S NOT ILLEGAL. Now, here you are thinking...maybe this person works for them so they are defending them. I don't work for them, I actually went for an Interview and after the second interview in the field it just wasn't for me. The guy that took me out was really professional and I saw him make over 15 sales in no time. Yeah is hard work and is freaking hot out there but I wasn't misled in any way. The ad I reply to said sales, the email I got from Stephanie was the same but when I called she was more than happy to answer ALL my questions. You only get what you ask for, I did. I have now found a job that also pays commission (which by the way is the BEST way to make more money than minimum wage now days) but if I hadn't found a job quick I would've taken the "soliciting job" because some money coming in is better than NO MONEY coming in.

Also, FYI to you people, I actually looked into all this companies. the reason they "change names" is because THEY ARE NOT the same owners, they have different people that finish the program open up their own operation kind of like franchises but without investing your own money so JCW...different Owner, RedLine Adv. different owner and Empire Concepts...I am guessing...ummm...Different owner.

So to all job seekers out there listen to your gut, if hard work scares you, or sales intimidate you, dont apply to sales jobs!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (41) Reply - Report abuse

Thurmon in Charlotte, North Carolina

39 months ago

Stephanie, the Online definition of SCAM is different than the job SCAM. Although upfront money is not the issue, here, upfront information IS. Most of the people responding here (if you read through) don't appreciate mis or even dis - information. And even if we are desperate for gainful employment, there are somethings we just don't do, like Door to Door sales. You are correct about commission jobs and some of them are great opportunities. But these companies have credibility and offer health insurance, paid vacations and true career opportunities. You have absolutely no idea what hard work people have done and will do. Some of us have learned smart work which you have no experience understanding or even employing. What if they are not different owners changing the name to hide from a reputation? Did you not know that every community has a different standard for providing a vendor's license. Did you physically see a license, NOT. They are Illegal, just hard to catch. It's a SCAM.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

madd in Charlotte, North Carolina

39 months ago

First and foremost Thurmon, I am honestly not Stephanie, second, I am a single mother of two wonderful kids so before you accuse anybody of not knowing what hard work is you better know your facts. I read this blog before going on my interview but like any other educated professional, I didn't take advice from a blog made from people that currently don't have a job, on how to go about getting a good job. If anybody here knew how to get a perfect career they would not be here. The only reason that I commented on this post is because I hate people that go around damaging people's reputations without knowing the facts or even stepping foot on someones door. Did any of you asked them if they offered benefits? Did you asked about what happens after the training? I wouldn't go ask for parenting advice from someone that doesn't have kids now would I? So why are you asking unemployed people for job searching advice?

My names is Marie Reid and I am in no way affiliated with this company other than knowing someone that works in another city and me going on an interview with this company.

So this is my last reply because I am not going to entertain this nonsense but for anyone that reads this for research purposes make your own conclusions about a job because if you know anything about word of mouth, 90% of the times we, as human beings, only share the bad experiences and not the good ones.

Good luck finding the perfect job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Thurmon in Charlotte, North Carolina

39 months ago

Marie, I found your original comments judgmental and it is why I even bothered. This company is a SCAM and it is why you are no longer there. Working smart would have told you not to go in the first place. I have only worked commission jobs, this one did not offer me anything other than a management position with 2-3 months, which by their standards would be no more than a 5-10% override on the people that rode with me. People on this page do know what their talking about. I used Reference USA, which any legit business with a legit business license would be listed. Don't think you are the smartest unemployed person out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jones in Charlotte, North Carolina

39 months ago

Empire concepts is another one of these companies. Went for an interview, the office building was sketchy. For this to be "sports marketing firm" the building itself wasn't very professional. So after getting off the elevator the office is too small. there were myself and two other applicants and we were crammed in there. When came time for the interview; it literally lasted less then five minutes, there was no room for questions about the company. The second interview consists of "in the field" shadowing, and one of the first questions i was asked was do i gave my own transportation (red flag)! The first red flag should have been the email address (@gmail.com) why does your business not even have a professional email ????? BIG RED FLAG!!!! I will not be going back for anything. The receptionist/hr director and the interviewer were really nice though. that was about the only professional thing about the place

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mac in Charlotte, North Carolina

38 months ago

Most of these 'entry level' jobs are scams. If you've never heard of the company, always get suspicious. If they hype up the money, how quickly people 'move up', how easy a job is..it's a scam. Hell, if they're begging u or even willing to argue with u over if it's a scam...IT'S A SCAM! Real legit employers don't have to beg u to accept the job. Real legit employers are fighting off the 15% of the country unemployed & looking for any reason to disqualify u. I've learned how to spot these jobs a mile away. If u have to ask...IT'S A SCAM!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TryingHardToFindWork in Arlington, Virginia

38 months ago

jones in Charlotte, North Carolina said: The first red flag should have been the email address (@gmail.com) why does your business not even have a professional email ????? BIG RED FLAG!!!!

Any organization that doesn't have a proper website or company email address gets ignored by me. I also look for jobs on Craig's List, and while some are legit, others are bona fide scams. Any ad that's using an anonymous Craig's List email address won't get a resume or cover letter from me. If I can't find any identifiable information in an ad, I skip it and go to the next one. In this day and age of identity theft, one has to be super cautious. With those anonymous and Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc. ads, who knows who'd be on the receiving end? It's best to be cautious.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Softball0018 in San Diego, California

38 months ago

Has anyone heard of redline executives? Is that one a scam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Don

38 months ago

madd in Charlotte, North Carolina said: First and foremost Thurmon, I am honestly not Stephanie, second, I am a single mother of two wonderful kids so before you accuse anybody of not knowing what hard work is you better know your facts. I read this blog before going on my interview but like any other educated professional, I didn't take advice from a blog made from people that currently don't have a job, on how to go about getting a good job. If anybody here knew how to get a perfect career they would not be here. The only reason that I commented on this post is because I hate people that go around damaging people's reputations without knowing the facts or even stepping foot on someones door. Did any of you asked them if they offered benefits? Did you asked about what happens after the training? I wouldn't go ask for parenting advice from someone that doesn't have kids now would I? So why are you asking unemployed people for job searching advice?

My names is Marie Reid and I am in no way affiliated with this company other than knowing someone that works in another city and me going on an interview with this company.

So this is my last reply because I am not going to entertain this nonsense but for anyone that reads this for research purposes make your own conclusions about a job because if you know anything about word of mouth, 90% of the times we, as human beings, only share the bad experiences and not the good ones.

Good luck finding the perfect job!

Sounds like a scammer defending fellow scammers. Quite sad actually.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

screwed at Notch inc in Hickory, North Carolina

37 months ago

Notch INC is the same scam as the rest of them. office is in a really nice office building next to a lowes corporate office. first interview took 5 minutes, second interview was told i was going to the field to job shadow a leader who didnt know there elbow from the A**h**. i was hired as soon as i came back. i had no marketing experience what so ever, found it strange but excepted the job anyway. the first week i was asked to go on a business trip with 7 other employees, we got back from our first day in the fiend to find out that they put 3 guys in one room which meant one person was sleeping on the floor all week, also with no expenses paid. it was a horrible time and accomplished nothing. so watch out people do not go for an interview at Notch INC unless you want to make 2.08 cents an hour

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

mbonestell in San Diego, California

36 months ago

Softball0018 in San Diego, California said: Has anyone heard of redline executives? Is that one a scam?

Did you ever find out if this was a scam? This company just emailed me and then called me to offer me an interview with out me even applying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Joeyyyyyy in Charlotte, North Carolina

36 months ago

mbonestell in San Diego, California said: Did you ever find out if this was a scam? This company just emailed me and then called me to offer me an interview with out me even applying.

You really shouldn't have to ask if thats the case.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Matthews, North Carolina

35 months ago

Just wanted to confirm what some of these people are saying. I worked for Apple Unlimited for three days before I finally said "enough". So no one can say I didn't at least give it a chance. The same can be said for CPP. I worked for them for two days and found out just how they operate. Sure, these companies may be able to get away with what they are doing, but that still does not make it right. I've learned to research these companies extensively before even committing to an appointment. CPP (a credit card processing company) has a D rating with the Better Business Bureau, for example. I was actually searching for information about Core when I found this page because they have contacted me both by phone and e-mail in the same day wanting me to set up an interview. Now I know to not waste my time as I did with Empire concepts. Went to a two minute interview one day, then spent eight hours the next following another guy around. We actually had to hide from mall security because if we were caught they would kick us out! I don't know that I would call them scams, however, each and every one acted in an unethical and/or dishonest manner in one way or another. It would take up too much room here to describe the things a I witnessed at each of these places. Just be forewarned of what you are getting into if you go to one of these interviews.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Matthews, North Carolina

35 months ago

dnt_lk_bk@hotmail.com in Huntsville, Alabama said: Kevin. I know you are trying share your experience and be helpful. I am sure there are people who will appreciate your thoughts. Consider the possibility that working on a 'solution' is time better spent.

I was first introduced 2 years ago to a Network Marketing Illegal Pyramid Scheme and like most everyone, I said "No Way"! Just recently I won't wear you with the 'How' I got involved but the 'Why' I am and will be from now on. Kevin ..your post is so Long I have to break mine in half!

First of all, my post was much shorter than some of the others on this page.

Second, by sharing this information so that others are aware of what is happening IS the solution.

Thirdly, by admitting that you are and always will be involved in a Network Marketing Illegal Pyramid Scheme taints anything you might have to say on this subject matter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Russ in Charlotte, North Carolina

34 months ago

Apple Unlimited. Well I'd like to first say "wow...." The company is something that is definitely not for everybody. If you can sell SHlT, yes SHlT, than you can make money in this business. The problem is that they try to make something more out of it than it actually is. If you can sell, then you're looking at making $400 and up to $800 a week. Try to get the point through that you're just there to sell SHlT and not go for their bs manager training program. That program is just a meaningless mind F*** that keeps you there longer hours to do more work for free. You don't get paid in the office. Dave Apple is a dumb F***. Trust me, I worked with him for a while and the man always have someone else to blame. He does not know what a lie or truth is. They call it "5 stepping" It's just a way to get you to agree to his BULLSHlT. By the way, some of the "events" are BULLSHlT. They can go up to an hour or more away and it's worthless. Don't build leaders and don't worry about office duties. Just go in and sell SHlT and zone out every thing they say to you. JUICE is a word they tend to say a lot. It's suppose to stand for Join Us In Creating Excitement or Expansion. Let's just say it's Just Useless Information Created Everyday. That's what it really stands for. So overall, if you can sell SHlT, yes SHlT, then go for an interview. They will hire you. And say F*** the manager training program. By the way, in your interview, just say that you have a great attitude, good work ethic, and a great student mentality. Everything else is just BULLSHlT. Make your money and get out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

medusa8888@yahoo.com in La Mesa, California

33 months ago

I'm suppose to have an interview with Redline tomorrow... is it a scam? Cause I don't wanna waste my time. You know?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dynamedusa in La Mesa, California

33 months ago

So is it a scam? I do not wanna go door to door, not my thing! Let me know. Thanks!

Danielle mastro in La Mesa, California

33 months ago

I'm suppose to have an interview with Redline Executives. Is it a scam? Cause I don't wanna waste my time and gas. Does anyone know? Thanks.

matt in Indian Trail, North Carolina

33 months ago

can you read????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Danielle mastro in La Mesa, California

33 months ago

Yea why? I did some research online just wondered if anyone here has heard of them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

matt in Indian Trail, North Carolina

33 months ago

"OMG i have an interview with Red line on tomorrow, WOW thanks for the tip GAS is too high to be going up and down the highway for some bull. Whew you saved me."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

pan in Huddersfield, United Kingdom

33 months ago

This seems to be a growing problem, also here in England!!!

I'm a recent graduate and i have been through the same situation as (bryn04)!

Unfortunately, I nearly fell for the scam again! Two days ago a company rang me up asking whether I had applied for a marketing assistant job...I said yes (as I have applied to too many marketing positions). The lady congratulated me and told me that I had an interview for the next day. I told her that I would like to have it on Monday..so that I could prepare myself and find out more about the company. Funnily enough, she agreed! So for the last few days I have been researching on this company (called Orrick Marketing Solutions) and have come across so many forums like this and have found out so much about this company and another company called Primus uk...of which I had a 2minute bad interview with and now know that I will not be attending the interview on Monday!!!

I seriously also don't understand how well known recruiters aren't picking up that these companies are putting vacancies onto their sites...!!!

Other than talking on forums, has anyone managed to report the companies mentioned??? I have started to inquire more info from government investigation companies.

wkutley in Mooresville, North Carolina

32 months ago

Jonathan in Charlotte, North Carolina said: WooooooooW!
I jut literally got the exact email TODAY!
I checked BBB first...not accredited.
Then I googled the name and partial address and found this forum.
So thanks everyone who had the address and email posted in your comment.
It helped a whole lot!

dude just so you know all an accredited BBB company is, is a company that gave BBB some money

SirBarnaby in San Dimas, California

31 months ago

bryn04 in Statesville, North Carolina said: I'd like to ask if anybody else has been victim of a scam and what your experience was...
This summer I returned from a semester abroad and my bachelor's degree in communications. As a recent grad, I had no where else to look for jobs except the internet. I put my resume on careerbuilder, hotjobs, you name it. I was impressed that I received three emails right away for an interview with a few companies that had entry level "marketing" positions. When I got there, the interview was 10 minutes long ( and I have been told that a short interview is a bad interview) and that they were looking to bring me to a "manager" level within 6 monthes. I thought it sounded fishy but I didn't care because I was excited about getting my first real job.

Each of the three interviews where exactly the same. 10 minutes long, all intervied by the manager who couldn't be much over the age of 25. I easily nailed the interviews to be called back for a second interview where they said I'd be going into the "field". I thought that was rather odd, I figured the "field" would be an office but no. I returned the next day just to find out that another twenty-something year old told me to get in my car and follow him 30 minutes away and we were going to set a tent up in front of a high traffic area. I got scared and said no this isn't for me.

I have had a similar experience with this company selling makeup. I was stuck with them all day and went into stores that said NO SOLICITING and we were asked to leave by many store owners. THEN when I think we headed back and thinking of how I am going to tell them I was not interested and I didn't agree with what they did. The two people I was with took me to the outdoor mall in the area and a store owner got upset and called security and we were not only escorted out of the mall but out of the area as well. So embarrassing but it made it easy to tell them no.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Wingate, North Carolina

31 months ago

So would you advise staying away from CORE?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

James in Charlotte, North Carolina

31 months ago

John in Wingate, North Carolina said: So would you advise staying away from CORE?

Stay away from Core Marketing its a scam they say you can run a business in 4-6 months not true i worked for them for a week.And didnt get paid or check plus they are very rude and unorganized every person who works for the company have records and the owner
Justin Joy and his goons Demario and mike bender and etc.. are a bunch of con artist that threaten you when you quite the position. take it from me do your research or you be stuck in a rut.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sfulton in Fort Mill, South Carolina

31 months ago

I WORKED for APPLE UNLIMITED in the summer of 2008, in COLUMBIA, SC.... IT IS A COMPLETE SCAM for you to work your but off and for ONE person to get rich. DAVE APPLE.

Yeah you use your own car, which they give you no mileage for. and it's all like commission based. You only get what 30% IF and ONLY IF you sell like 25 or something like that.

It's a waste, don't let them brain wash you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sherrymomohara277@gmail.com in Victorville, California

29 months ago

bryn04 in Statesville, North Carolina said: I'd like to ask if anybody else has been victim of a scam and what your experience was...
This summer I returned from a semester abroad and my bachelor's degree in communications . As a recent grad, I had no where else to look for jobs except the internet. I put my resume on careerbuilder, hotjobs, you name it. I was impressed that I received three emails right away for an interview with a few companies that had entry level "marketing" positions. When I got there, the interview was 10 minutes long ( and I have been told that a short interview is a bad interview) and that they were looking to bring me to a "manager" level within 6 monthes. I thought it sounded fishy but I didn't care because I was excited about getting my first real job.

Each of the three interviews where exactly the same. 10 minutes long, all intervied by the manager who couldn't be much over the age of 25. I easily nailed the interviews to be called back for a second interview where they said I'd be going into the "field". I thought that was rather odd, I figured the "field" would be an office but no. I returned the next day just to find out that another twenty-something year old told me to get in my car and follow him 30 minutes away and we were going to set a tent up in front of a high traffic area. I got scared and said no this isn't for me.

Thanks for the tip I just received a call for an interview on 6/13/2012 at Redline Executive and accidentally stumbled into your message about being a scam. I would have wasted gas money going down hill (live in apple valley)so I am glad people like you are out there informing people of these scams. Looking for work is stressful enough just trying to find a decent job. Thank You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.