I am so frustrated for my husband....

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Thomas7296 in Illinois

9 months ago

I just don't know what to do anymore... he was in the military for 9.5 years honorably discharged. He cannot seem to get a good job... we have applied at GE, Boeing, all those places and yet guys with only 5 years in the SAME field are getting hired on. Its just so depressing for him because all he wants to do is support his family after protecting his country and he just keeps getting shafted. Would anyone be able to look at his resume? I mean his linked in is great even has a written recommendation from his previous boss in the Military with accomplishments included.... I have not a clue what else to do :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Duck! in Brooklyn, New York

9 months ago

Has he tried the VA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Almost Suicidal in Dickinson, Texas

9 months ago

Duck! in Brooklyn, New York said: Has he tried the VA?

There are also tons of small contractors that work with GE, Boing and the like and the military as well. They almost always ask for an active security clearance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Plano in Plano, Texas

9 months ago

What exactly did he do in the military ?

Does he have a degree or some college credits ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer Hinds in Phoenix, Arizona

9 months ago

Call the Military.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jsprague

9 months ago

Thomas7296 in Illinois said: I just don't know what to do anymore... he was in the military for 9.5 years honorably discharged. He cannot seem to get a good job... we have applied at GE, Boeing , all those places and yet guys with only 5 years in the SAME field are getting hired on. Its just so depressing for him because all he wants to do is support his family after protecting his country and he just keeps getting shafted. Would anyone be able to look at his resume? I mean his linked in is great even has a written recommendation from his previous boss in the Military with accomplishments included.... I have not a clue what else to do :(

I will look at his resume for you. I was an AT as well, and I'm actually looking to hire an electronics technician at the moment. I may be able to give you an idea of what could be scaring away interest. No one is owed a job, so I'm not sure he is being shafted, he may just need to look into a broader range of electronics positions than aviation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Plano in Plano, Texas

9 months ago

The medical equipment side is stable and can't be outsourced.

Has he contacted any biomed society in his area ?
He should network during the monthly meetings and bring his resume.

I know GE has paid internships for their biomed program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Becki in Greensboro, North Carolina

8 months ago

Hi my name is Becki and I am the HR from Little Creek Electronics in Greensboro NC. I currently have 3 positions available for electronic technicians. If North Carolina is an option for you, please email your resume to jobs@littlecreek.biz. my number is. Thank you very much, Becki

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.