This has got to be a scam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 117)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Bluetea in Texas

39 months ago

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania said: Yeah! It definitely sounds like a scam. Why would somebody in Australia be contacting you in America for a job?

I got it and I didn't answer it. A Nigerian King is going to send me 10 million dollars just as soon as he gets my check for $1,000. tee hee!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sal in Salt Lake City, Utah

39 months ago

All kinds of scams like this are going around. Also emails that I inherited a large sum of money. These are sent out to millions, they often are in my junk email box, which I always check the subject and sender before deleting for good. I never respond to these jokers, but I am sure some who get them respond.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

my advice in Aurora, Illinois

38 months ago

DON'T cash those checks, you will regret it. They are fakes.

I stopped reading after the second sentence of his email and realized it was a scam: "I’m very happy that you want to becoming part of that company." A fourth grader has better grammar than that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Hatch108 in Gainesville, Florida

38 months ago

feel stupid in Ballwin, Missouri said: I did respond with my name and address, just today received 2 fedex's with $7,500 check in each. Now, I have to ask, who would just send $15,000 based on a name and address? This has to be a scam!

Dear Feel Stupid,
You should probably turn the checks over to Local Law Enforcement or the Treasury Dept. Or Homeland Security. Oh, BTW, I can't believe you gave them you name and address. !!.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

38 months ago

Well, you got the "money" for nothing.

Now, where are the free chicks?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Meloney1313 in Las Vegas, Nevada

36 months ago

So, I got this email from Michael Gordon, same as above, and I have had my resume up on several job sites just to see what is out there being new to my area. I received an email a few weeks ago thinking nothing of it, I am very gullible, and thinking it came from one of the local companies that reviewed my resume. I have gone back and forth with Michael now with 4 emails and 1 phone call.

I have been speaking with my mom regarding this all week, letting her know what was going on in my life. She wasn't sold this idea at all. She absolutely thought there was something fishy about the situation, all the while I was promoting it.

Needless to say, I did give my name and address and I did receive a package today with a check for $7500. Within minutes of opening the package, Michael called me, I was on the line with my mother therefore I did not answer. He did not leave a message. While on the phone with my mom, I was going over the contents with her, just some details...the package came from a woman named Jacqueline Williams of Brooklyn Park, MN. The check came from the Citizens National Bank of Texas. Now that was what made my wheels turn...a little slow...sorry...my mother is always right! I hung up with her and called Michael, he didn't even say hello, just asked had I deposited the check yet? I said hello a few times trying to actually get to know my new "employer" he absolutely had a heavy accent that threw me off considering he said he was from Georgia...

Anyways, I will bring this package along with my emails and phone records to the police tomorrow. As well as a call to my mother to let her know she was right all along.

I just want to thank the people on this for sharing your stories as well, because I may have ended up in a bad situation...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

ksvalentine in Dayton, Ohio

35 months ago

I received the same email a couple of days ago after responding to an ad on Monster (now they are even hitting the pay sites, not just free ones like Craigslist list) it was the exact same letter except his name was Darrell Elis and he was returning to the US in July 2012

Glad I copy/pasted in to Google, Thanks Everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tanyonyina in London, United Kingdom

35 months ago

Wow, considering that the world is starting to use LinkedIn, in addition to all other Job websites, posting CV online on multiple outlets in the web... isn't the web giving information for free to scammers?

I mean, I am sure scammers or even worse will find ways to make use of all the information we put out there.

I never thought putting CV on a jobsearch website would be such a bad idea.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

grrrowwwlll in Philippines

35 months ago

feel stupid in Ballwin, Missouri said: He called this am. I told him this was a scam and I was turning the checks over to officials and with his heavy accent, hung up on me. Imagine that!

You should have told him to send cash instead since you couldn't cash the checks.. :) LOL, wouldn't it be nice to scam the scammers?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Joshua07 in Philippines

35 months ago

As usual if you receive an email and think it was a scam why would you serious it. In some case, you will be receiving a message telling that you win and they will need your bank account. Be sure who's messaging you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

The latest scam I'm aware of is the one where they first call your voice mail and leave you a message about having won a free trip. Obviously, that's a scam.

Well, now I've even received a letter saying just about the same thing. It's an obvious scam. Nobody gives away things for free, especially if you never entered yourself into anything.

How it relates to my employment search is that it's very possible they got my name, address and phone number from a resume I sent out blindly. I can't confirm that, but it's somewhat likely. I get calls and email that are scams fairly regularly, probably thanks to resume fishing. Not exactly the type of contact you want as a result of sending resumes out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

John in Catonsville, Maryland

34 months ago

I used to have my phone number on resumes I posted online. After getting a few too many calls from an insurance company (no names, but think duck in the commercials) asking me to come in for a group interview and no calls for legit jobs, the only contact I now have is an email address. I have never put more than my town (no street) with online resumes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nancy smith

34 months ago

My daughter put her resume on Careerbuilder and now she gets phone calls 10 times a day wanted her to interview as a saleperson! Why would a staff accountant want to sell insurance or books?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

John in Catonsville, Maryland

34 months ago

Yes, scams abound on the internet. I still have resumes posted online, the only contact being email. Thankfully, I have not been the receiving end of a full inbox of spam YET, it may happen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

My resume is no longer posted on any of the job sites. I learned my lesson.

Still, I think some job ads are simply mining for email and phone numbers because I get phone calls, texts and emails connected to fake jobs, health insurance and credit card reorganization.

I don't see how you can't have your phone number on your resume. You don't want to give an employer any reason to ditch your resume when they're looking for any little tiny thing to do so.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

icecream92

34 months ago

i got this email today but his name was changed to benson perry lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

echo6delta in Jacksonville, North Carolina

32 months ago

I received the same email less than an hour ago - well, almost the same. Michael.gordon29@aol.com wanted me to go to the post office & mail packages, sort through incoming mail, shop for gifts (paid in advace with his money) and pay his bills, all from the comfort of my own home. He of course is "out of town on business" in Australia, so "there will be no interview".

He offered $300 per task. Umm... surrre, buddy!

All he needed was my full name, address, home & cell phone number, email address, occupation, and bank name.

The part that get me mad is that I can't tell which employment site or job fair registry he used to get my email address. I just clicked "report phishing" and let it go at that. The header was a redirect, so no doubt that it was mass mailed. Hopefully there's enough for Gmail to plug the leak, but I get a feeling this jackass is going to be at it for a while to come...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

32 months ago

echo6delta in Jacksonville, North Carolina said: I received the same email less than an hour ago - well, almost the same. Michael.gordon29@aol.com wanted me to go to the post office & mail packages, sort through incoming mail, shop for gifts (paid in advace with his money) and pay his bills, all from the comfort of my own home. He of course is "out of town on business" in Australia, so "there will be no interview".

He offered $300 per task. Umm... surrre, buddy!

All he needed was my full name, address, home & cell phone number, email address, occupation, and bank name.

The part that get me mad is that I can't tell which employment site or job fair registry he used to get my email address. I just clicked "report phishing" and let it go at that. The header was a redirect, so no doubt that it was mass mailed. Hopefully there's enough for Gmail to plug the leak, but I get a feeling this jackass is going to be at it for a while to come...

Sounds like its off of Craigslist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sandi in Tampa, Florida

32 months ago

I received the same Michael.Gordon email, and I don't have a resume posted anywhere, because I'm not looking for a job. Wonder how EYE got into the loop!

AmandaBarnes in Winnetka, California

32 months ago

Hello,
         I just received your email,that you are interested in the job.I am replying you back this job offer,because i really need someone urgently to start working for me as my personal assistant.My name is DONALD BENSON,I would have love to meet up with you to talk about this job,but I am currently away on business trip. I am looking for someone who can handle my personal and business errands at his/her spare time. Someone who can offer the services such as receiving calls and reporting back to me what information you got from clients,replying emails and printing invitation for exhibitions,shopping for gifts and materials,paying bills as well as receiving payments from clients when am not around.You will work on the average of about 5-10hrs per week and I will start by paying you $300 per week which will rise to $400 depending on how effective you are,the job will start from the moment you start running errands.This job is temporary and could possibly be a permanent one for you based on how you deliver your duties, we will talk more when am back and you can take part more in my successfully growing business.I will email you the list and samples of pictures of what to shop for when I need you to shop for me and will be 
precise on what and where, funds will be giving upfront and the shopping must be reported in detailed manner. No heavy packages is involved! You can do the shopping at any nearest stores. I will provide clear set of instructions for each task I need done as well the funds to cover them.Pleas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Caguilar1985 in San Antonio, Texas

30 months ago

This is fishy to me, but i just need reassurance that its not just me being paranoid:
I applied for a job with arkema to be a front dest receptionist, and then it turned into the vp needing a personal assistant. now i received a this cashiers check for a lot of money and im freaking out. this is just too good to be true. am i crazy here?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

SusanMe in Denver, United States minor outlying islands

30 months ago

I've been receiving such emails even when I was not looking for a job. I think it's just random spam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Leann Tellez in San Antonio, Texas

30 months ago

Caguilar1985 in San Antonio, Texas said: This is fishy to me, but i just need reassurance that its not just me being paranoid:
I applied for a job with arkema to be a front dest receptionist, and then it turned into the vp needing a personal assistant . now i received a this cashiers check for a lot of money and im freaking out. this is just too good to be true. am i crazy here?

Hi, my name is leann I recieved the same thing! What did you do??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Leann Tellez in San Antonio, Texas said: Hi, my name is leann I recieved the same thing! What did you do??

Oh do not cash the check I've been following this for awhile the whole job thing!and looking into it! its a scam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Oh and another thing in other states this is a scam too but its not the company it's people using their names and other info! They say they do not send job emails and to look out for titles saying: Pa wanted for job site soon to be built or contractors, or any other jobs they might throw out there. They use the name "Arkema".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ana in Montreal, Quebec

28 months ago

i got a cheque as of today this morning and it is 2784$. Then my boyfriend is freaking me out about this so I went to my bank trying to deposit the cheque. Before doing so, I asked the teller if she can confirmed it first before putting it into my account. She said that the way the cheque's number is written was not the right way a cheque's number should be. Now I am going to call the bank from the place he sent me the cheque.I will let you guys know what will happen next.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

ana in Montreal, Quebec

28 months ago

Its me again. I called already the bank and they said that its a fake. I called the company who sent the cheque on my name and they said it wasn't theirs. So pls for all the people here who got scammed be careful next time, don't get blinded by the money :)

Grad2012 in Surrey, British Columbia

28 months ago

Here's one way to tell, if you're unsure. Recruiters will not send you long, windy emails. Their emails will be short and to the point -- usually a request to see you or ask if you are interested in the position. Job details will be discussed, usually, in person or over the phone.

If you get a response that sounds like a lot of specific instructions asking you to do things, delete it. Also pay attention to spelling, grammar and formatting. If it looks unprofessional, it's most likely a scam. I've gotten a couple so far, deleted them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Krystine in Miami Beach, Florida

26 months ago

ana in Montreal, Quebec said: Its me again. I called already the bank and they said that its a fake. I called the company who sent the cheque on my name and they said it wasn't theirs. So pls for all the people here who got scammed be careful next time, don't get blinded by the money :)

What did you do once you received the packages and checks? Did you report it to the police or you just left it alone?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ana in Montreal, Quebec

26 months ago

Krystine in Miami Beach, Florida said: What did you do once you received the packages and checks? Did you report it to the police or you just left it alone?

I filled a report. But because I don't have much time because I am working I didn't make any follow ups .. I really want this scammer to get caught and stop his craziness .. When I received the cheque I was so excited .. but my boyfriend loves me so much that's why he didn't stop to look for evidence that I was being scammed ., I went to the bank and asked them if the cheque would work .. they've told me that it was a weird cheque ., the numbers are incorret .. so at that time i stopped..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ThePowersThatBe in New York, New York

26 months ago

Just received this today from someone named Derek. Hey there, I have an unusual job that you might be interested in. I've been looking for someone open-minded who wanted to make some money while doing something fun, but haven't found the right fit yet (it's hard to find sane people on craigslist!). Like I said, it's a bit weird but it's very easy, and no, it's not illegal. It's not a replacement for a full-time job, but it's a great way to earn some cash on the side and won't get in the way of other responsibilities you may have. If you are interested in hearing about the details, let me know! It's kind of embarrassing for me to bring up, so I'd rather know you might be interested in a non-traditional gig before spilling the beans.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Portland, Oregon

25 months ago

mary in Tampa, Florida said: One of the advantages of being an American, we can read right away when this is an international scam. (For most internationals, American grammar is too hard to put together).

Yes this is a scam!!!! Unless they actually hand you a business card of theirs and actually live in your city, DO NOT give them any personal information like credit card number, cash, or anything until you can verify and prove without a shadow of a doubt that they are who they say they are. They should have a legitimate website and agree to meet with you before you do any kind of job for them. My wife and I run a 100% legitimate errand service for people in our area and we do not accept credit cards or checks as a form of payment for what we do. That would sound very suspicious to me if I came across an ad where someone says they will take any form of payment. That is a HUGE red flag! Be damn careful about wearing your heart on your sleeve. You need to guard it hard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Portland, Oregon

25 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: I got it and I didn't answer it. A Nigerian King is going to send me 10 million dollars just as soon as he gets my check for $1,000. tee hee!

Sounds like a bargain... Tell them "If I won a prize just send me the money, here in America they don't charge us money to collect a prize. Your full of crap and probably just a stupid scam artist trying rob honest people out of their hard earned money."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Romance Scam Victim in Portland, Oregon

25 months ago

You want my advice, I would just delete every single piece of email that you get from overseas and not even read it. How would they even know who you are if they live overseas in the first place? I was the victim of Nigerian romance scam back in 2009 and got conned out of $2,000. They pulled every trick in the book that they could to get my money and it worked until I started noticing patterns. There will always be some excuse as to why they need money. I got sick and am in the hospital, can you give me $4,000 to cover my medical treatments or I got evicted from my place to live, can you give me enough first and last for rent? When that happened to me I finally said, "Why in the hell should I? I don't even believe now you are who you say you are." Almost all scammers stories will sound scripted with the way they are written, and they spelling is atrocious. Pay attention to that one. They always seem to know just the right things to say to you as well in order to get you to communicate with them. DON'T DO IT!!!

Bluetea in Texas

25 months ago

mhb in ponchatoula, Louisiana said: Use your job performance review ratings.....until now, it is not available for any recuiters or companies to see. I found a site on a job search posting forum on about and it gives you a printable form for all former employers to enter it into their system....and made available for you when you need it. it is virtuallysimplify website click on employee portal and select myrequest from the menu, print it and send it in to your former employers. Until now your job performance reviews are just papers with your previous employers. I requested mine. they are on twitter and fb and linked in. check them out and I have researched it, it is true that these are nowhere for recruiters to see.....and if they had them it would change the game....for everyone. Please pass this along to everyone that may need it........as for some reason, when I try to post this to people I see in need of help, it gets deleted. And that is just not right, for sites trying to help!

Okey, we get it! Now stop "helping" us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Food for thought in Portland, Oregon

25 months ago

Hatch108 in Gainesville, Florida said: Dear Feel Stupid,
You should probably turn the checks over to Local Law Enforcement or the Treasury Dept. Or Homeland Security . Oh, BTW, I can't believe you gave them you name and address. !!.

What they should do is a buy gun... I did after I got scammed and I haven't regretted my decision to purchase one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado

25 months ago

Like that buying a gun will stop scams.

There is a time and place for everything, including violence. Not in this case.

Hopefully you are kidding.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shintee in Boston, Massachusetts

24 months ago

OMG. same here.

my guy is David Bray and
yeah, I just got a fedex envelope but I don't dare open it.
he sent me an email that said that there is like USd 3816 in it.
and told me to put 400 for myself (as confirmation that I am now in his employment) and put the rest USD 3416 on money gram to send to someone in TExas

what the HELL man.
also he was really rushed. the grammar is bad (I know that this is no reason to think badly of someone because that's just mean but...) and everything is just moving too quickly. who sends money to someone else on the 3rd day. and he mentioned in the job description that I have to pass a background check and I bet he hasn't had the chance to do it yet.

I don't quite understand this tho...if he is a scammer, what does he get out of all this? it's not free fun, he just fedex me something overnight shipping. what's his game?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shintee in Boston, Massachusetts

24 months ago

mary in Tampa, Florida said: One of the advantages of being an American, we can read right away when this is an international scam. (For most internationals, American grammar is too hard to put together).

I know where you are going but as an international student from an asian country, this is offensive. don't be so self-satisfied.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Rashan in Norristown, Pennsylvania

24 months ago

I recently didn't know about this scam, and I went to my local Wells Fargo and attempted to cash the cashier's check. I explained to them that it was sent to me but my boss and was told to cash it. I didn't have a clue about these scammers. If anyone could tell if i could be punished or give me guidance as to what I should do that would be gladly appreciated. Because I do not want trouble Law enforcement regarding this bs. And im on 19 years old. I was emailed since he seen my resume through careerbuilder.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

24 months ago

Rashan in Norristown, Pennsylvania said: I recently didn't know about this scam, and I went to my local Wells Fargo and attempted to cash the cashier's check. I explained to them that it was sent to me but my boss and was told to cash it. I didn't have a clue about these scammers. If anyone could tell if i could be punished or give me guidance as to what I should do that would be gladly appreciated. Because I do not want trouble Law enforcement regarding this bs. And im on 19 years old. I was emailed since he seen my resume through careerbuilder.com

Take your resume down. Especially, if it is on Craigslist. The site is filled with scammers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

We're seeing evidence of this over in the "frustrated" thread.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

betsy b in Douglasville, Georgia

21 months ago

Hello ,
JOB DESCRIPTION
I will prepay you in advance to do my shopping. I will also have my
mails and packages forwarded to your address. When you get my mails /
packages; you are required to mail them to where ever i want them
mailed to. You don't have to put money out of your pocket, all you
have to do is have packages shipped to your house and do my shopping.
You are allowed to open the packages to reveal its content. All
expenses and taxes will be covered by me. You will work between 15 and
20hrs a month. I will be paying $400.00 per week

I need your service because I am constantly out of town. I will
return back to the state real soon so this process will be on going
till then. If you don't mind, I will meet up with you when I return
and then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term.
Well, let me know if you are able to handle the position. No heavy
packages is involved! You can do the shopping at any nearest stores.
You will be shopping for Electronics and clothing. I will provide you
my personal UPS account number for Shipping. All you have to do is
provide my account number to UPS and shipping charges will be applied
into the account. I will provide clear set of instructions for each
task I need done as well the funds to cover them. If I were to mail
you money to do my shopping plus upfront payment for your service,
where would you want it mailed to? How should your name appear on the
payment? Maybe you can provide me with the following details below;

If you're interested kindly get back to me with the following information:-

FULL NAME:
ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIPCODE:
PHONE#:
SEX:
Email Address:

I will be looking forward hearing from you and then proceed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Michael R in Missouri City, Texas

18 months ago

The main thing that had me suspicious was this:
FULL NAME:
ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIPCODE:
PHONE#:
SEX:
Email Address

Don't want to work from home and had at least four emails with in the last week. I don't want to work at home and feel very disappointed about CareerBuilder and Craigslist. Those seem like the main jobs to reply to but since there is a lot of fake job postings, I feel that I might never find the job I am looking for.

Presiterrr in Greenwood, South Carolina

18 months ago

This morning I received an email with a specific corporation name and addressee. It was all bogus. They wanted to meet in a non business location stating they would arrange to have an office soon. Wanted an assistant to help with a charity for the company to help buy and deliver toys to foster children. They of course guaranteed X amount of dollars and would provide a certified check. The thing that scared me about this, is that recently we had a woman dissapear in the area from meeting someone. Also, unsuspecting people would cash the check and spend the money only to have the bank come back on them for being a bogus check. It also is ruining the reputation of a VP and his business. I am not sure which job board I had sent a resume too that it originated from. I recently was asked to do a credit check through Australia as well. might be the same people, different game Be careful!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

18 months ago

Presiterrr in Greenwood, South Carolina said: This morning I received an email with a specific corporation name and addressee. It was all bogus. They wanted to meet in a non business location stating they would arrange to have an office soon. Wanted an assistant to help with a charity for the company to help buy and deliver toys to foster children. They of course guaranteed X amount of dollars and would provide a certified check. The thing that scared me about this, is that recently we had a woman dissapear in the area from meeting someone. Also, unsuspecting people would cash the check and spend the money only to have the bank come back on them for being a bogus check. It also is ruining the reputation of a VP and his business. I am not sure which job board I had sent a resume too that it originated from. I recently was asked to do a credit check through Australia as well. might be the same people, different game Be careful!

If this came off of Craigslist, its bull$hit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Presiterrr in Greenwood, South Carolina

18 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: If this came off of Craigslist, its bull$hit.

I am on a lot of job boards, but I am fairly sure this came through craigs list. I hadn't used them because they have had a bad reputation for criminal use not to say the service is bad. It just attracts a bad element but seems to be every where anymore..and I just received another through phone SMS text today(again through Craigs list). The one that sent the letter, listed local areas as employment source and was well familiar with the industry in our area on initial confrontation, but also knew the complete history of the firm they pretended to represent, letter was well written with no broken english or misspelling, and a total set up. Initially you receive an email and they have the screening process set up through FTG staffing in Austrailia and it leads you to a background testing site from the US. The background check source was unaware of the scam and the direct link to their site and I made them aware, in which they wrote their corporate office to inform them. FTG Staffing asks you to pay for the background check and send a pdf form to them. (dead give away) Which I did not do. Then you receive the bogus letter. All a scam. They study the net, your area, your resume, and through googling information to make it look legit and steal your identity and have you cash a bad check while spending money. They are getting craftier. But not crafty enough for most.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

18 months ago

Presiterrr in Greenwood, South Carolina said: I am on a lot of job boards, but I am fairly sure this came through craigs list. I hadn't used them because they have had a bad reputation for criminal use not to say the service is bad. It just attracts a bad element but seems to be every where anymore..and I just received another through phone SMS text today(again through Craigs list). The one that sent the letter, listed local areas as employment source and was well familiar with the industry in our area on initial confrontation, but also knew the complete history of the firm they pretended to represent, letter was well written with no broken english or misspelling, and a total set up. Initially you receive an email and they have the screening process set up through FTG staffing in Austrailia and it leads you to a background testing site from the US. The background check source was unaware of the scam and the direct link to their site and I made them aware, in which they wrote their corporate office to inform them. FTG Staffing asks you to pay for the background check and send a pdf form to them. (dead give away) Which I did not do. Then you receive the bogus letter. All a scam. They study the net, your area, your resume, and through googling information to make it look legit and steal your identity and have you cash a bad check while spending money. They are getting craftier. But not crafty enough for most.

Yup! Been there. Personally, I would not advise you to post your resume on Craigslist. I did it once and was bombarded with scam for months.

gibbslondon in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

16 months ago

James Lukas Moore is a scam. looking for an administrative assisant jameslukas999111@hotmail.com
I'm looking for a Personal Assistant,someone who can handle my business & personal errands at his/her spare time. Someone who can offer me these services:
* Mail services (Receive my mails and drop them off at UPS)
* Shop for Gifts
* Bill payment (pay my bills on my behalf)
* Sit for delivery (at your home) or pick items up at nearby post office at your convenience.
Let me know if you will be able to offer me any or all of these services.
Where are you located? I will love to meet up with you to talk about this job but I am currently away on business. I am in Canada,so there will be no interview. I will prepay you in advance to do my shopping. I will also have my mails and packages forwarded to your address. If you will be unable to stay at your house to get my mails, I can have it shipped to a post office near you and then you can pick it up at your convenience.
When you get my mails/packages, you are required to mail them to where I want them mailed to. You don't have to use money out of your pocket. All you have to do is have the package(s) shipped to wherever I want and do my shopping. You are allowed to open the packages to reveal its content.
The content of the packages are Art Materials and Paintings, clothing, business and personal letters. All expenses and taxes will be covered by me. You will work between 10 to 15hrs a week.
The pay is 300 USD weekly. That is not a bad offer is it? I need your service because I am constantly out of town. I own an Art Gallery here in Canada.
I will be returning to USA in December so this process will be going on till then.If you don't mind, I will meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term.
Well, let me know if you are able to handle the position. I hope to hear from you soon.I will email you the list and pictures of what

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Unhappilyunemployed in Pennsylvania

16 months ago

Is it a full moon tonight?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »